Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[BOOTH] The Library [IS PERMANENTLY CLOSED] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It seems the queen is devoting her booth space to charitable activities this sweep, and advocating literacy as an ideal trait for trolls of all blood hues. At least that's what you're guessing from the 'Reading* Rainbow' sign hanging off the side of her booth. Tacked over it is another sign that states 'The Library is Open', and on the other side of the booth are similar notices from 'Learn to Read*' to the pump-biscuit warming declaration that 'Reading* is Fundamental'. While the booth seems to be made of good intentions, you can't help but wonder how many illiterate trolls would even be able to figure out it's purpose. But there the royal seadweller herself comes into play, yelling at nearby trolls to "come learn to read, you illiterate grubhuggers" in a playfully bulling manner. That's our empress.

THE LIBRARY IS OPEN

READING IS WHAT?

When you step up to the booth, a seemingly out-of-place rack of outrageous sunglasses is jostled towards you. Regina insists that you've got to put on your reading glasses before you start, and won't give you a second look before you select a pair. Go on, pick one!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once your reading glasses are firmly balanced on your sniffnode, the empress turns back to you. You are now prepared to learn how to read. Hurray! She says there are two booth events, one for beginner readers, and one for advanced readers. Both require a partner, and she tells you to go rope some other troll off the street, or get your friend, and snag them a pair of reading glasses as well.

After you and your partner are all set up and primed for some literacy, the queen leans forward. Today she is going to teach you something far more important than reading books. She is going to teach you how to read other trolls. How do you read other trolls? Basically, you insult them to their face - with style and confidence. If they're gawking at you in wonder at the size of your shame globes, they won't deck you in the face. Get out your library cards!

FUNDAMENTAL

Regina sez:
"All trolls must reach a certain high score in Reading for Dummies before playing Write Your Own Book.
Write Your Own Book replaces Reading for Dummies as the booth daily when it is unlocked.
"

READING FOR DUMMIES

Both trolls in the duo must each insult each other using one of Regina's 'library books'. Each book is marked into four sections, and trolls must open their book randomly in each section to 'inspire their critique' of their partner.

In your post, roll 4d4 and build your troll's insult from the list below, as they skim through their library book. If you have no matching numbers, your hesitant delivery fails to make any impact. If you have two matching numbers, you rattle off your insult and a troll passing by says 'nice'. If you have three matching numbers, your confident delivery prompts Regina to "OOOOooooh!". If you have four matching numbers, the library book is removed from your hand. You don't have any need for the words of others now, you could write your own Alternian slam poetry. You should clearly Write Your Own Book.

First D4
      1) Yo, gerbil leavings!
      2) You are a slime eating pupa face.
      3) Behold, cullfodder.
      4) Hey gunktube!

Second D4
      1) Your sniffnode is so ...
      2) Your fronds are so...
      3) Your talk blaster is so...
      4) Your nugbone is so...

Third D4
      1) ... comically misshapen that ...
      2) ... squashed and squished that ...
      3) ... prominent and looming that ...
      4) ... freakishly perfect that ...

Fourth D4
      1) ... you were chosen last for Bloodfest.
      2) ... the other wrigglers thought you were a lusus back in the caverns, and tried to imprint on you.
      3) ... a daywalker would consider you one of their own kind.
      4) ... you remind me of Old Hemisect.

This game can be played once per day, and requires a troll partner to also play it! All trolls who participate each day will be entered for a ticket raffle at the end of the day, with three tickets being given out to the winners. Reading posts must be a minimum 100 words to qualify for the ticket raffle and advancing to Write Your Own Book.
PUT THIS CODE IN YOUR DAILY POST
[quote="amicableAggressor"][img]http://bit.ly/1Twhlt0[/img]

[b]My name:[/b] what fine troll are you?
[b]My partner:[/b] who are you reading?
[b]Matching dice:[/b] how many dice numbers matched?[/quote]

WRITE YOUR OWN BOOK

Have you managed to impress Regina and leave your reading partner speechless? If you have managed to either match 3 numbers on at least two different days, or 4 numbers once, you can free-form and make your own insults to impress, subdue, awe and bewilder other trolls. For each new insult that you gift onto this world, Regina will let you take home one pair of reading glasses. You are still required to have a partner, however your partner can submit a Reading for Dummies post, and you can submit a Write Your Own Book post.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This game requires a high enough score in Reading for Dummies to play, after that it replaces Reading for Dummies as your daily game! All trolls who submit an insult can collect one pair of reading glasses from the rack above, and are entered into the daily ticket raffle. In addition, the best insult, decided by Regina, each day, will net the winner a rare, newly released, limited edition Regina Bobblehead. Reading posts must be a minimum 100 words to qualify for the ticket raffle and claiming booth prize art.
PUT THIS CODE IN YOUR DAILY POST
[quote="amicableAggressor"][img]http://bit.ly/1T5mcHi[/img]

[b]My name:[/b] what fine troll are you?
[b]My partner:[/b] who are you reading?
[b]My insult:[/b] copy-paste this from your roleplay post. just the words your troll said [/quote]

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:21 pm
Breaks from the Starlight Agency booth were important for Aandes – especially in order to keep his facial muscles from clenching permanently into a false smile. He massaged his jaw as he wandered through the colorful festival and found something simply amazing.

The Library? What kind of booth was this? Immediately Aandes’ attention was quirked by the queen’s odd booth, particularly her support of education of all things. She was more likely to promote steep lowblood taxes towards a royal pool party than such a thing. He was drawn in by mere curiousity before it became clear to him.

“Ah.” Aandes’ jaw dropped visibly. This… Was not what he had thought it was. It was so, so much better. Aandes felt genuine festive excitement, immediately jumping up and looking for a target. He tried to look eager, but not too eager –the snide greenblood was far too excited to play this verbally cutthroat game.

Melancholies
BRING IT. TO ME

Sypon
Vice Captain

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:33 pm
    It had been a busy time for one Trusci Modsat. Busy doing what? None of your business. Alright, alright, it was mostly writing if she was being perfectly honest. Writing, reading, learning, expanding. She was a troll that needed to know things. Many things. What else was a good way to get in on the goods?

Social gatherings. Festivals. Oh yeah, she was back at it again at Bloodfest.

Where to go first? Who to snoop after next? She wasn't intentionally aiming to stumble right into the queens booth, but here she was anyway. One second scowl, next second smile. She gave a good laugh; the hell was this? Literacy was great and all, but seeing the source material just made it seem like a joke. At least it was a funny one.

And she was here for a good time.

There were a lot of trolls around to be sure, but the closest to her seemed to be a teal... no, green? teal? bah whatever; it was too hard to tell and anything above yellow was a sketchy 'could-be-a-pretentious-moron' in her books. Didn't stop her from offering a smug grin and eye contact, your move, buddy.

Sypon
I'M HERE

Sypon rolled 4 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 2, 1 Total: 7 (4-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:38 pm
amicableAggressor

My name: Aandes LaMode
My partner: Trusci Modsat
Matching dice: 1 set

Aandes spotted his target. Instant read. A scrapper, some relentless nobody who’d take any shot at someone higher than her. But damn did he like her bomber jacket. He smiled and waved at her and gestured to a pair of glasses. “Would you like to read?” He offered. The corners of his mouth threatened to jump for joy. “I can start if you don’t mind.”

He placed a pair of the shades on the bridge of his sniffnode and snorted as he picked up the book. Aandes took a deep breath and picked out some quality reading material.

“Yo! Gerbil leavings! Your talk blaster is so squashed and squished that you were chosen last for Bloodfest!”

That … Made much less sense than Aandes had hoped, but it was a start. Once he got the rust off and felt emboldened at the booth he’d be sure to kill it the next time around. In any case, a passing troll seemed to think it was a sick burn. He laughed and crossed his arms in wait of her response.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Melancholies rolled 4 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 4, 3 Total: 10 (4-16)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:43 pm
amicableAggressor

My name: Trusci Modsat
My partner: Aandes Lamode
Matching dice: none ):

Trusci didn't say anything. She watched. She waited. She was on the edge of her goddamn metaphorical seat over here. Aandes delivers.

Someone might have thought it was sick, but Trusci just laughed again, "Heh, not bad..." reaching for a pair of shades Trusci, picked up her own book, clearing her throat.

"You are a slime eating pupa face. Your sniffnode is so freakishly perfect that.. a daywalker would consider you one of their own kind."

She paused. The wind blew.

But rather than feel particularly disheartened, she just howled up with laughter again. "Oh this s**t is great," she tossed the book back down onto the counter top. This guy wasn't so bad for first impressions. "Alright, you got me this time. You're totally ********' on tomorrow though."

Sypon

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 pm
Aandes flicked the side of his perky nose and used the flourish to remove his glasses with a laugh. “Ha! No kidding. Maybe when you learn to read a little better you can come back and say something about me that’s not so kind.”

After the adrenaline had worn off he took another look at Trusci, taking a step towards her. He tossed the book back onto the counter and extended his arm. “Aandes LaMode. I’m a producer for the Starlight Talent Agency.”

Melancholies
BLOOD FEST SHORT POSTS

Sypon
Vice Captain

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:24 pm
    "Oh please," she snorted, "I'm just a gal that knows how to bide her time." she didn't need to be an aggressive b***h all the time, she just needed to hit it hard when it mattered and where it hurt.

She was also a gal that didn't want to spread her name out all over the damn place, but Aandes has her at agency. She wanted connections? That was a place to start. She scrutinized his face, filed it away for later use, and shook his hand with vigor. "Trusci Modsat, freelance journalist."

Sypon
I LOVE SHORTPOSTING A-OK

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:32 pm
Aandes took pause, his eyebrows raised. He released her hand and put his own on his hips, grinning. “No s**t!”

He’d have to be careful around this one. Tempering his attitude but keeping the easy-going feel, Aandes slid his hand into his back pocket and produced a mint and cream business card. “This is my personal card, but I have plenty of cards for the business back at the booth if you’d like one. We’re media oriented, but word gets around on Alternia as you know.” He gave her a wink.

“Which publications have you worked for? You don’t strike me as one of the Imperial Pages’ propagandists or as a stinger for the Backpage Crust.” Aandes laughed lightly. The gentle probing was a decent way to get a feel for if he should flee from any kind of professional relationship with this stranger – but! There was always use for journalists in his fold. The talent behind the scenes, pulling the strings and moving the spotlight.

Melancholies
yum_wasabipie

Sypon
Vice Captain

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:45 pm
    Trusci was looking over the card curiously after she took it, one hand finding her jacket pocket to rest in. Sure, she was interested.

"Nowhere big and happening." she mentioned offhand. A lot of her time and work lately had been dedicated to starting her own brand, but she hadn't gotten that far yet. At least she had that ambition and persistence, because she knew it wouldn't spring up overnight. She was telling the truth though; lay low, bide your time, gather information. She hadn't struck any big scoops, but they'd come, and she was trying to build her resources. Aandes seemed like a pretty decent step up on the proverbial ladder actually.

"'Sides, wouldn't want you figuring out my pen names." she winked. Every troll had their secrets. Trusci had a finely woven net.

Sypon
yum_puddi

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:03 pm
There was never a color on Alternia quite as eye-catching as Tyrian Purple. Sascha immediately halted upon noticing the display. He'd actually managed to win something from the empress's booth last season, so there was probably good stuff at this booth too.

He wasn't disappointed. There were some swanky glasses here. He wanted to try on a pair before even understanding what they were for. (Besides, what better to detract from a full-face bruise than a sweet cat-eyed visor.)

Sascha hurriedly looked around for the instructions that would tell him what to do to put on a snazzy pair of spectacles.

Paging through one of the many books littering the booth turned out to be one of the best educational moments of Sascha's life. The empress was really pushing trolls to talk to each other like this? Even a lowblood like him?

So cool.

Sascha clapped the book shut and looked around for someone to try this "reading list" out on.

KitsuneAura
A CHALLENGER APPEARS

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:21 pm
Lorata was already tired and sore from her first booth of choice, and she could feel the bruises forming as she slowly made her way through the others, but somehow the sight of Regina's booth still managed to refill her with all that excitement she'd started with. Another chance to play the Empress' games and do well! Another chance, she told herself even before she got close enough to confirm that it was up for grabs, at the adorable Regina bobblehead.

She didn't care what the game was this Bloodfest. She was going to win.

Except, apparently, the game was...reading? Could you win at reading? She was pretty good at it, had been reading stories forever, but she'd never heard of doing it competitively. More than a little confused, she slipped on a pair of very cool reading glasses (she had decided she would trust Regina on this, the Empress would not make her wear glasses that weren't very cool), grabbed a book, and turned to look for a partner.

Immediately she locked eyes with a yellowblood wearing the same glasses. Maaaaybe she'd been too excited to even notice him there when she'd come up, but now that she had, she recognized him. Her cheeks went a little purple, because she really didn't want to even think of that horrible wipeout in Regina's presence, but obviously this was some sort of fate. This was her reading partner!

Smiling, she made her approach. "I'm Lorata! Did you want to read with me?"

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Sascha whipped his head around for the dozenth time only to find someone standing where there hadn't been someone standing previously. Sascha hopped back half a step on reflex. Fins!? He'd never spoken to a seadweller before!

Well... Her Royal Condescension the Empress of Alternia was literally right over there, but she didn't count. They may have made eye contact during one of the Bloodfests, but that was the extent of their communication. This seadweller however was within conversation distance... conversing.

"Y- You wanna..?" Sascha began as he worked over the thought that this seadweller was basically asking him to insult her to her face. (Granted she was asking to return the favor, but did a seadweller really have to ask to do that?)

This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Sascha realized. He grinned.

"Yeah. Yeah! Sure! I'm Sascha."

Sascha took his place and braced himself for the reading.

KitsuneAura

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:49 pm

"This is suicidal..." Rasali thought morosely as she approached the Empress's booth with as much confidence as she could muster in her pointy boots.

Never one to shy away from a challenge, Rasali had decided that the best way to get good at being incognito was to go be incognito directly under the empress's nose.

...Or above it as the case turned out to be. The empress was much shorter in person, Rasali realized, feeling shell-shocked from the whole affair.

Still, Rasali pressed on and perused the reading material. It was what Pekoe would have done. She'd just decided that in that very moment, but in retrospect, anyone who'd flush for Aandes would have a tongue that could cut glass. Hell, maybe she'd pick up a few hateful phrases she could use on him later as Rasali.

Rasali- Pekoe picked up the pair of glasses with heart-shaped lenses and looked around for a potential partner/target. Wait a second... Was that..?

Gl!tch~

KitsuneAura rolled 4 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 1 Total: 9 (4-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:06 pm
Nodding approvingly, Lorata took her place as well, cracking open her book and peering down at it. Oh. Oh this explained how it could be competitive. These weren't stories, these were insults. She glanced back up at the yellowblood, eagerly waiting for her to start and blinked. Huh. Alright then, no problem. There was no reason she wouldn't be the best at insulting, it was just like anything else. Nodding to herself, she picked a page, skimmed it, and then looked back up at Sascha to very seriously begin.

"Behold, cullfodder!"She was pretty sure that was what it said. She leaned forward a bit. "Your sniffnode is so freakishly perfect that you..." There was a creeping doubt now, though. Was freakishly perfect an insult. "Were chosen last for Bloodfest." She nodded with some finality, telling herself it was the best insult despite any silly doubts, and then looked expectantly at her partner again.

"Now you!"

amicableAggressor

My name: Lorata
My partner: Sascha
Matching dice: 2

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

seekingCylem rolled 4 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 1, 3 Total: 9 (4-16)

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Sascha's expression was unreadable in its sheer complexity. The seadweller, Lorata, had read that passage like she was casting a spell. Was it even an insult?? A laugh, or perhaps more like a snort, was just barely choked back as Sascha tried not to be too critical of his partner.

Still, he couldn't help flipping his hair over his shoulder.

"Probably because the administrators were jealous. Didn't wanna cause infighting among the 'cullfodder' caste." Sascha winked. He actually was pretty proud of how well his nose had held up after face-planting at the speed of intense pain. He smiled and the gap of his missing tooth was visible.

Okay, it was his turn. He wasn't sure if it was better to go easy on the highblood so as not to upset her too bad... or to just lay her out while he had the chance.

Sascha was never one to miss a prime opportunity to make a questionable decision.

"I think it's supposed to go more like... BEHOLD! Cullfodder:"

If Lorata read like she was casting a spell, then Sascha was attempting to summon a horrorterror from the furthest ring. He threw out a gloved hand and twisted it palm up like he was presenting Lorata's face to the world.

"Your fronds are so comically misshapen that a daywalker would consider you one of their own kind."

Sascha wasn't sure whether to laugh or wince. He held his pose the best he could. For dramatic effect.

amicableAggressor

My name: Sascha Diasis
My partner: Lorata Gorgos
Matching dice: 2
sorry for the double quote

KitsuneAura

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items