Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[Border/LOG] Reconnecting (Boinedal/Yue'shi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

(WC: 917, Posts 7, Boinedal WC: 495 , Yue'shi WC: 422)

Boinedal slinked through the foliage. It had been a couple days since he had last seen Yue and he was anxious to see the lioness again. They had yet to define their relationship with any sort of official title but it was becoming clear that they cared for each oher more than just standard friends would.

Make his way over the border he headed straight for their spot. He wasn't sure she would be there but he was confident she would come.

Yue'shi was running late, and she hated it.

She had meant to be at the secret spot ages ago, but a training session had lasted longer than she hoped. There hadn't been a chance to clean up; while there were never any formal days or times for the meetings, Yue'shi always tried to spend as much time on the border as possible. It made her feel closer to Boinedal and his world, though the past few days were filled with more worry than ever. What if the Hunter's Strike had gone terribly? What would happen to him if Shangyue did something awful?

The young lioness ran for the spot, trying to keep as low to the ground as she could while keeping up with her speed. By the time she saw him - and thank the Great Lion she had! - Yue'shi was out of breath. She slumped down to the ground, tongue lolled out as she struggled to control her lungs.

Boinedal moved towards Yue'shi when she slumped to the ground concerned for her well beling. "Are you alright?" he asked hurriedly looking over her to see if there is any sort of visible injury.

Once he was satisfied she had no injuries he sat back on his haunches. "You ran the whole way here didn't you?" he asked a knowing smile playing on his lips. In a funny sort of way he was happy that she had been in such a hurry to see him, it told him that she cared for him in the same way he cared for her. He waitied for the purple female to catch her breath before trying to have a conversation at all.

"Y-yeah..." Yue'shi tried to talk around her huffed breathing, but found it too hard, so she simply stopped. Everything was starting to even out the longer she focused on inhaling and exhaling so it wouldn't be long before she could talk normally. His question, though, caused her to sputter, a little flush to her cheeks. "Well yeah, duh! I've been worried about you. I don't trust Shangyue; he wouldn't let that strike just go without doing something about it."

Now that she was about to breath like a normal lioness Yue'shi sat up a little straighter. Her light, cornflower eyes looked over Boinedal and once she was satisfied he was at least physically okay she relaxed a bit.

He was touched by the fact that she had been concerned for him, he felt a little bad for not coming out to see her sooner but he had been laying low. "You don't need to worry so far nothing has happened to me, nor do I have any susspicion casted in my direction as far as I know." he told her trying to be reassuring.

"Tell me how have things been out here? You hinted you might know things when we were in the pride. I want to know more." Yue'shi had been fairly guarded in what she had told him so far but Boinedal was hoping after their shared experience in the pride she would feel a little more comfortable opening up to him now.

"That's good, but it's not going to stop me from worrying." She told him firmly. So long as Boinedal was away from her in that pride she would always worry about him. It felt a little odd, to be so wrapped up in another like that, but at this point she couldn't help herself.

Yue'shi furrowed her maw, debating internally on what she could tell him and what needed to stay hush hush. Finally, she nodded her head, and let it slip, "Kimondo invited me in. " She wasn't going to say that Kimondo's real goal had been to bring Nketa in, but it was good enough info for now. "No one told her to do it; she just wanted to get more involved on her own. I think she's taking after her mother, Ota, a little too much but I'm glad I came anyway."

Boinedal remained silent as she spoke, though it admitedly took a lot of strenght. The young adult was just so excited that she had finally started to open up to him. It had taken a long time and patience but it was all paying off. He felt in that moment that he was actually getting closer to the female that had captured his attention so fully.

"I think there are more members to the rebellion than any of us ever realized." he told her. The hunter's strike had showed him how many lions in the pride were willing to make a stand, even a small one, against the King. "I don't think it will be long before things start getting a little more heated." he told her his tone quiet and serious. Boinedal wasn't sure how he felt about the coming battles he knew would happen. He wanted the King out of power but he knew others would get hurt in the fight to over throw him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:08 pm
"You're right. I think the false King really dug his own grave by the way he's been acting. He really hasn't made many friends; at least not enough to save his hide." The frank way in which she spoke of murder spoke volumes of her childhood. Her parents had tried to give their offspring a 'normal' cubhood, but how normal could it be when your entire future revolved on whether one lion lived or died? She could have easily walked away years ago to find a different pride, but that felt wrong. This was her home and she was going to fight for it.

"Before things get bad...Boinedal, what I'm trying to say is...after this we might not see each other again. Anything could happen, but I want to spend the time we have left together." Maybe she was reading too much into this, but Yue'shi knew what she wanted. She didn't want something bad to happen with so much hanging in the air between them.

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:30 pm
Boinedal breathed a sigh of relief when she said the words he was pretty he would never have been able to get out. "I want to spend the time we have together too." he told her moving forward to give her a nuzzle. He had only touched her once before and her statement had made him feel more bold.

"I will do my best to get out here as often as I can, but I can't stay out here. Not when there is so much happening in the pride. I don't know who else is feeding you information but I am sure to be noticed missing now if I don't get back in. I promise to come out often though." He would do his best to make it out every day but he didn't want to promise that to her when he had no way of knowing it was going to be true. With sad eyes Boinedal moved back towards the pride, looking over his shoulder once. "I will be here tomorrow, same time." he promised.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:46 pm
nessiaing
Fin

Yue'shi wished she never had to walk away from him. That she could just stay close to his warmth, enveloped in his scent and delirious with the little thrills of happiness that claimed her heart.

Already life had taught her so much and she knew to expect something to take that away from her. It was what kept the worry in her gut when she looked at Boinedal, and for all the world she hoped that the curse of her bloodline wouldn't touch him.

"Just stay safe. I would have you gone for a year with the hope of returning than to never see you again." Even if it took her an eon to find him again, she would. All he had to do was live, and they would make it through this.

She couldn't hold him to his promise, not with the war, but Yue'shi would hope. A deep longing took over her in that moment; she wanted nothing more than to run after him, but practicality kept her still.

One day; one day she would have what she wanted, but all she had to do was keep faith.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces