[FIN] Opa! (Talisia/Ujana) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:02 pm
There was nothing like a good street fight to get your blood pumping!

Ujana slammed her fist down against her opponent's navel, successfully destroying any will he had to continue. The young leaf warrior was position so that her hips were atop his, rump firmly seated atop his groin with his back flat against the street. It may have been mildly sexual had she not been in the process of pulverizing him.

Two others were in similar states, though one had recovered enough to limp over to a fallen friend to help them up. All Obans. All jerks who had a little too much to drink and thought making fun of the Leaf girl was a fun activity.

She spat out a wad of bloody mucus on the ground as she rose up off the poor man. Her braid swayed behind her like the tail of a predatory beast despite the rather calm smile plastered across her face. Once she was sure her knuckles were bleeding too much she hooked her thumbs into the top of her corset and shimmied the top up to cover what bits of breast had managed to slip out.

The crowd that had manifested itself once the first of the jerks had been tossed on his face into the street parted to allow her passage back towards the tavern. Medina stood near the door, wiping her hands on her apron with a worried look about her. "Are you alright? That woman had a dagger, and I thought I saw her stab you with it."

"Nah, I'm good. She cut my calf, though," Ujana twisted her left leg to flash off the shallow cut. It was enough to slice open her pants and bloody them, just not big enough for her to worry. "I don't care if they're military or not; can't come in here pullin' the big man act and not get a whoopin'."

Ever since Ujana had begun working at the tavern the environment had changed. What few patrons that hadn't respected the firm owners now had no choice with their new form of 'backup' being a behemoth in her own right. They took all kinds of customers now; travelers, home bodies, nobles, peasants, Obans, ....non-Obans, everyone!

Made it rather homey, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:48 pm
Painted Moose

"Ugh." Talisia wiped her hands against the thin material of her skirts, "I think if I keep sweating I'll create an oasis right here." She normally felt less filthy than this, but since she had just finished her own practice the girl was dying. Should she wait to get back to camp before resting?

I'll wilt first. She smirked at the image the thought brought before getting bopped by a large canine nose, "May I help you?" The hybrid raised an eyebrow before reaching up to scratch the raptrix's ears, "Alright, alright. I suppose you've worked up an appetite as well." She hadn't much experience fighting alongside her familiar and so today the two had tried something new.She was just thankful that the raptrix's paws had adjusted to the hot sands. The salves from the Matori and the bandages helped heal and protect the pads.

But where could she go that a hybrid and her larger friend would be welcome? It was then that she remembered the place that Callum had taken her. Perhaps since they had the 'boot' things would be alright? If not it wasn't like anyone would be eager to greet a face full of claws, "Come on then." It was nice being able to walk through the streets without a commotion.

Ironically, it was at the very thought that she walked into the scene between the leaf girl and the Obans. "Oh." It seemed that the boot had changed. The thought was slightly amusing, if not concerning. Was the girl okay? Seems so. The obans, however, were worse for wear. She briefly wondered if any of them were the drunks that had tried attacking her the last time...shaking her head Talisia took a few steps forward and watched as the crowd dispersed. The other lady she recognized from the other day at least, "Are you still open or was that the closing party for today? And uh do you mind pets?" The last question was asked with an awkward smile as the raptrix loomed behind her.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:13 pm
Sabra Knight

Ujana placed the palms of her hands against her lower back, and leaned back far enough to feel a satisfying pop in her spine. It was enough to bring out a murmured 'oh mama' before noticing that they weren't exactly alone. Not that she minded much; in a city you were never really alone, but this one was new.

"Lil far out of your element aren't you, sweet cheeks? No jungles or snow 'round here."
Her loud voice had a sort of echo that carried across the street, but it was warm. A bright, flashy smile lit up her eyes as she took in the pair. "Never seen one of you before; not, you you, but that one. Raptrix, right?." She motioned first to Talisia and settled on the great, furry beast. He sure was a big fella, but not one that was entirely unwelcome around her. So long as he kept those fangs of his away from her then she didn't mind him at all.

Medina, however, might be different.

The plump woman's happy smile that had blossomed after recognizing Talisia faltered a bit. She looked over her shoulder as if contemplating something, and then shook her head. "My husband doesn't normally allow pets, but after your last visit this one time can't hurt."

Medina moved on into the tavern with Ujana coming up behind her. The older woman stopped for a moment, whispering something suspiciously like 'take care of her and don't be rude' before moving on to tend to her other patrons.

Ujana just waved the other woman off, and led Talisia to a side table with large bench seats that were nestled near an open window. "So, questions, yeah? What can I get'cha and what did'ja do last time?" Sweet little thing like her couldn't have put up much of a fight, but maybe her skills lay in the more pleasurable area of physical contact.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:46 pm
Sabra Knight

Talisia smirked, "That's how I like things." She already felt like she could like this girl. Not only did she put up a nice fight, but she seemed pretty open and honest. It was refreshing compared to the others she dealt with in Oba. At the question Talisia chuckled, "Raptrix yes, Silva is the name. His that is, mine is Talisia." Perhaps that was a perk of having her familiar with her, most would focus on the new beast rather than her hybrid features.

Watching Medina's face made Talisia hesitate, "He just needs some meat and he should be fine to fly home. He won't stay long enough to be a bother, promise." She owed it to the lady for already taking care of her. The last thing she wanted was to become a hassle. Though the look from the raptrix made her frown. Don't think I'm booting you out in favor of them, okay? She just owed them as well since the 'boot' had tried to help her and her friend out last time. Though as they approached the seating the girl smiled, "That table is awfully close to the window, isn't it?"

Growling softly behind her the large raptrix had his wings pressed up against his side, "Would that be more preferable for you?" She looked past the leaf girl towards her familiar, "Go then." She pointed towards the door with amusement.

Sniffing the air the raptrix turned around and weaved his way towards the open door, past a few surprised patrons, and his head soon reemerged through the open window. A faint growl left his maw before he settled down and sat as if guarding the building. "So questions? A platter of meat, uncooked, for the protester, he truly hates being in close spaces with strangers, and I'll take some bread and soup. No ale please, just water." She did raise an eyebrow at the second question, "Nothing too exciting. Just discovered ale with another friend and ended up having to knock over a few obstacles on our way out the door. Some Obans weren't too happy that I'm not much for strong drinks." She just smirked at the memory, though a faint flush did decorate her cheeks at the thought of how tipsy she had been. Needless to say she learned that it was better if she didn't drink.

"What about you?" Talisia looked towards the leaf girl, "This isn't your area either and I didn't realize that the boot had changed appearances or even become a living person for that matter."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:40 am
Sabra Knight

"Nice ta meet'cha both." Ujana generally didn't meet many friendly folk in their little hole in the wall. Most of the time it was folk who were trying to run from something, or someone. She didn't like to ask too many questions, though; questions got you a punch in the gut.

Ujana stepped back to give Silva room as he exited the tavern, popping her hands on her hips to watch him. When he was outside, head visible through the window she shook her head with a grin. Wonders of the world will never cease. As Talisia rattled off her order she repeated everything mentally so that she wouldn't forget once she got to the back. It was simple enough, thank the Gods, because Ujana had trouble with the bigger ones.

"Let me tell ya somethin',"
She looked her shoulder, then leaned down, though her voice never changed tone. "They're never happy. Not the bunch that comes in here, anyway. Bunch'a stiffs." A few voices grumbled behind her, but Ujana didn't pay them any mind. Most of the patrons in today were regulars; ones that had long since accepted her attitude in much the same way she had accepted theirs.

She blinked a few times, then burst out in a loud, open laugh. "If only! It'd be pretty cool if I could change into a weapon, don't'cha think?" Ujana snickered, trying her best to ebb off the laughing as naturally as possible. it was hard though. What an imagination this one had!

"'Bout the same time that whole Sauti business kicked up I got separated from my mom. No one knows where she is, and goin' back home just seemed weird without her." She could have easily gone back to find her father and sister, but that didn't seem right either. She'd changed, and in some ways, not necessarily for the better. "So, Medina took me in. Said so long as I work I can stay with'em. It's a pretty good job. Steady pay, steady work; good work out. Anyway, nuff about me, I bet you're thirstin' somethin' awful. Let me go get your order in."

Ujana turned away from the table, and strode through the bar with the languid grace of a predator. She may have been relaxed in that moment, but she was watchful. The moment something started up she'd be there in a flash. When she got around to the back she stayed there for a while, letting Medina take up the main floor, just so she could bother Rystas. While he didn't openly hate her, Ujana's personality definitely hadn't endeared the girl to him.

He finished the order in record time; more than likely so he could get her out of his hair. She just took the serving tray with a grin, a grand mock bow, and sauntered back towards Talisia's table.

"Alright, so, here's the rare stuff for your friend there. Bread, soup, and water for you." She laid it all out before her, and just sort of set the meat to the side for Talisia to do with as she please. Like heck she was going to hand feed the thing.

"So, I gotta ask; your eyes. Does the grey one shift?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:05 am
Painted Moose
]

Talisia laughed at the explanation, "I think it took me about a day after arriving in Oba to realize this. So it didn't surprise me to see it when I came here last." Ever since she had arrived in Oba it felt like everyone was staring at her. None of the Obans seemed to understand the existence of an ice and shifter hybrid. Or even those that did seemed off about it. So much for their pure blood policies. Then again she felt that had she been pure blood just being a foreigner was enough to set off some of these people. Yet, there were others who could be nice. So despite agreeing to the comment, it was more of a teasing statement that she quickly added to for peace. " Not everyone is bad though, just a select few. Who just usually happen to be the loudest about their opinions, but I know that there are many others in this city than them."

Grinning Talisia just shook her head. This woman definitely was a character. Who knew that the boot could take on such a lively manner? The teasing comment passed through her mind before she just nodded, "I would say so...though I would have to make sure to definitely not irk you then." It was refreshing to met someone that was so lively and full of laughter. It definitely made up for some stressful days.

Talisia's expression flickered as the story unfolded, "Oh. So I see." It wasn't like she was in any place to offer condolences, but the girl's heart did twist at the thought., "Hopefully you find each other soon." She smiled faintly, "Still can't complain for a fun job like that." She teased lightly in an attempt to lighten up her own mood.

As the girl left Talisia sighed. It was straining to be so outgoing with another. Yet, she wasn't upset about it as it was rather interesting. If perhaps not for the mention of a mother, a word that still sent shivers down the hybrid's spine, then maybe she would have had more energy. Enough moping. Let's just enjoy this evening. As if in agreement a look from Silva caused her heart to jump. She had nearly forgotten he was in the window! She truly needed some rest after this since her mind was just wandering every where while tired.

As their order approached Talisia did her best to shake off the weariness. It would be bad for her to look so exhausted in such a place. Even with the 'boot' on the loose, she didn't want another fight. "Thanks." She immediately went to the water with one hand while the other held out a piece of meat towards the window. In a split second the large portion was gone and so was Silva's head while the raptrix's chewing could be heard from below the window frame.

At the question Talisia raised an eyebrow, "I don't even know your name and you're already asking such personal questions." She teased lightly though the question didn't bother her. Honestly not many people thought of that and she was slightly surprised the girl asked, "And yes it does. Makes my gaze even stranger right? What about you? Any shifting on your part besides the weapon part?"

Taking a drink of water, the girl sighed. Now that was refreshing! Much better than that bitter ale. She made a face at the thought before blinking back towards Ujana, " Do you have to fight here often?" If so then no wonder the girl was in such good shape. "Those punches looked pretty reliable from what I saw."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:25 am
Sabra Knight

"Would it make it any better if I told ya my name?" Ujana quipped with a smirk. "It's Ujana, and it's not like I can't just not ask. I mean, come on, they're cool; who wouldn't wanna know?" Without being invited the teenager plopped herself down in the seat across from Talisia's. She relaxed one of her muscular arms against the chair back, thrumming her fingers against the worn wood in a little melody. "They're strange, but not in a bad way. I'm not new to strange, though, not with a family like mine. No shifters, but we've got Alks. Alk half-breeds, full breeds, icelings, wind folk; just about everyone that isn't a shifter, really." She snorted. Ujana had lived most of her latter years in Jauhar, though the concentration of people she met on a daily basis were alkidike based. Shifters weren't really strangers to her, but it wasn't like she talked to many of their ilk.

Watching those glorious amazons train, though...No matter how hard she worked she could never compete with them, but it wasn't like she couldn't be a close second!

"What, me? Nah. It's not usually that lively here. I get to toss out a couple of bads here and there, but fights are low. Medina's a good woman and she's good to me so cleaning up the place is the least I can do for her." Besides, it gave her a workout and the last thing Ujana wanted was to get flabby.

All at once she leaned forward, and put her hands on the table. "Look, I just remembered, but there was this other hybrid in here not too long ago with shifty eyes. Pale fella, seemed really distracted, sorta depressed. He got wrapped up in the collectors and I haven't seen him since." She pointed a finger at Talisia. "You get your head down when your walking alone in Oba, you got it? They take good people like you as trophies. Pair'a Nobles, all sweet talkin'. They pick up on drifters, people no one else'll miss, but if you're special enough they'll take you no matter who ya are."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:40 am
Painted Moose

Talisia smirked at the quip, "Makes me feel more comfortable, just a bit." Ujana... At least she had a name for the face now. Not that Talisia planned on staying in the area long enough to need it. Still, it was nice knowing that she could have a name of someone who might be helpful if she were ever to be in trouble. "Cool? Well that's a first." She smiled before shaking her head. What a funny situation.

"Sounds like a pretty full family." She raised an eyebrow. This girl was a pure leaf, yet had so many connections. The world kept getting stranger by the day...but how could she know? Perhaps this type of situation was typical outside of Zena. At least this girl seemed sincere. The tavern definitely was better with her presence.

"Shifty eyes? Pale silver shifter eyes?" Her heart twisted in her chest, but the girl tried to shove the thoughts aside. Her friend wasn't that depressed was he? Callum? "I'm here with others that will help me, should I even need the help." Her expression shifted with concern, "That pale fellow...do you know his name or where he might have went? Where these collectors might be?" She was trying her hardest to remain calm, but the flickering emotions in her gaze might have said otherwise.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:14 am
Sabra Knight

A full family didn't even begin to describe it. Ujana hadn't been in Jauhar or Tale for so long that she knew her family had likely exploded. Maybe one day when she went back to the rain-forests she would have a cousin in every tree, on every branch! She wouldn't put it past that bunch to try.

"Oh yeah, almost as light colored as his hair." She reached up to flip at her own, catching one of her curled locks around her finger. "I didn't catch his name...Medina might know it, though, she talked to 'im more than I did. All's I can really remember was the fact that his braid was thicker than those skinny little arms. And he had a sword. A sword!" Ujana snorted. Little fella like that would likely cut his own head off with a blade like that.

Thinking on it had her relaxing a little more, thrumming her fingers on the table top now while she thought. "Was a few weeks ago, yeah. The Collectors are all I know 'em by, but they live in one of those big, fancy places near the center. Their main pets stay with 'em all the time, those are the ones with the gold collars, got a little pink jewel in the middle shaped like an upside down triangle, but the ones for the parties usually leave after a month or so. I'd say he got wrapped up in it, ya know, for the free food, lodging and such, got drugged, stayed for a while and left. Unless he stayed. Pretty disgustin' if you ask me, but they treat'em nice, when they're sober."

It didn't take a smart woman to see that the news was upsetting to the girl in front of her. Of course, not knowing the connection between her and the boy she'd seen, Ujana put it on a fear of being caught by them. "Hey, don't worry. You're not alone so they won't go after you." At least, not out in the open.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:34 am
Painted Moose

It was sounding more and more like Callum. Talisia couldn't deny that, "Callum..." The hybrid bit the bottom of her lip thoughtfully. Who else would fit such a description? While Ujana may have jested about Callum as a fight, the words only tightened the knot of worry in her own chest.

"Ujana, I'm not worried about myself. Who you're describing sounds like a very good friend of mine." Talisia found herself raising from the table, "Do you think he did leave? What if he didn't? Could I find him there? Her gaze was steady, more determined than before. Suddenly the airs of a relaxed customer had shifted into a fighter. Everything around her was tense and in the windows the cold gaze of a raptrix suddenly screamed beast rather than pet.

What could she do? It sounded like he would have been there willingly and if he was treated nicely....but it wasn't right! What if he was too out of it to think straight? Why would Callum be so depressed? If she had only realized! Tears stung in her gaze at her own stupidity, "I don't want to leave him there alone if that's the case." Even if it would put herself in danger...Callum was her friend. Friends didn't leave each other alone, right?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:50 am
Sabra Knight

"Callum, huh?" That named sounded vaguely familiar. She knew he had worked here for a few days to earn a little bit of coin, so maybe Medina had used it to address him by. Maybe she should have talked to the guy more than chastising him when he dropped a dish.

Her gemlike gaze followed the hybrid as she stood, merely watching her for a moment as if assessing it all in her mind. "You do know that he probably walked in there with full knowledge of what would happen, right? Guys like that just don't care." Tact had never been her strong suit, but neither was hiding the truth. Still, it didn't look like the girl was going to back down anytime soon. If anything Ujana expected her to storm out of the tavern, and ride that monster outside into a battle.

Now that sounded like a good time!

Ujana stood up so fast that her seat fell over behind her with a loud 'thud!' "Alright, what's the plan? I know what the place looks like on the outside, but after that I've got nothin'." This was like those stories her mother had told them before bed, but a warped version, which was ten times more exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 pm
Painted Moose

"You think?" For a small second, Talisia's gaze flickered. "Still, that doesn't stop me from going to try and talk sense into him!" She nodded as if reaffirming her decision both to Ujana and herself. Even if Callum knew...what if he was just so down that he didn't care anymore? Then it was up to her to smack some sense into him! Even if she had to drag him out by the ear....she would get him some fresh air and help him out. You fool, I was going to take you back to Jauhar with us. You just needed to wait a bit more...

Blinking Talisia glanced towards the other girl, "You want to come along?" She could only raise an eyebrow, yet the concept didn't surprise her. "I suppose having some extra hands wouldn't hurt. As for the plan...we just walk in whether they like it or not. I just want to speak to Callum and get him out of there."

She would get inside, talk to Callum, drag him out of there and demand answers. Why he was feeling so desperate so alone...when he wasn't really alone at all. Such an idiot. Talisia's face flushed in silent frustration. Why would he think of doing such things? If he had just spoken to her then they could have come up with something together! Wasn't it enough that she had helped him in the battle against the extremists? Did she have to give him her whole arm or something in order to gain his trust?

Sighing, Talisia just shook her head. "Lead the way, Ujana."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:30 pm
Sabra Knight

"Well, yeah, you don't think I'm letting you go in there by yourself, do you?" Ujana snorted and crossed her beefy arms under her considerable bust. "I don't care if your friend there can shoot fire from his eyes and you can turn into a goddess, they'll get'cha if you don't have backup." In truth, she was just worried that the girl's personal mission would distract her, and end up in an imprisonment herself. The plan seemed simple enough. Get in, talk to the guy, and get out. If he wanted to stay, fine. If he wanted to leave, fine; they'd get him out one way or the other.

Ujana moved away from the table and told Medina she was going to be stepping out for a while. The woman made no move to stop her, though she did raise a brow when she noticed that Ujana wasn't going to be alone.

She led the way out onto the street, past Silva and straight into the heart of Kelv. It took longer than she would have liked to reach the place; it seemed that no matter how long she stayed here Ujana could never memorize how to get around. Eventually, though, she came to a stop a few door down from a seemingly ordinary homefront. Settled in between the other buildings like it was one might have mistaken it for a commoners dwelling, if they hadn't bothered to notice the two guards posting outside the front door. Each guard was just as tall as Ujana and twice as large. Their uniforms were of the finest quality, with gold designs coating the cloaks worn about their shoulders. Fancy ponces.

"We need a distraction; something to get past them or to get them to let us in."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:41 pm
Painted Moose

"Alright, alright." Talisia held up her hands, "I didn't say I was against your help, I was just surprised that you offered is all." She was still getting used to the kindness offered by this stranger. And the best part was how sincere the other girl was in her actions. Anyone else she may have questioned, but not Ujana.

Leaving her payment on the table, Talisia walked alongside with Silva as the girl lead the way. Or at least tried to. The hybrid had to hold her tongue several times as they walked past similar buildings. If we're lucky we may get there by next week.. Her comment was placed on hold at the appearance of the guards, "Ah, well let me see..."

She glanced towards her raptrix who seemed to give her back a strange stare. "Silva...go fetch." Her familiar may kill her later for the words, but he still darted down the street like a thief. Nice uniforms or not, it was funny to watch their reactions towards the great beast as it grabbed at one's belongings and raced away.

Smirking Talisia grabbed the other girl's arm and moved forward, "Quickly before they question what a raptrix is doing here!"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:55 pm
Sabra Knight

At first she was mildly afraid the girl would do something sexual to catch their attention. That's the only reason she was dressed so skimpy, right? To flash someone? Still, she had to cover her mouth to hide a loud, obnoxious guffaw at seeing the rat race the raptrix was leading them on. Grown men running around like confused teenagers; grown men! Bwaha!

Ujana moved with Talisia, doing her best to hide and not accomplishing it at all. Between her side, the color of her clothing and her loud steps it wasn't as if no one in the home wouldn't notice her. So, she was just really quick about it, and hoped that helped.

When she got up to the door, Ujana twisted the knob, but found the ornate thing locked. In her frustration she twisted it once more, popping the lock out of sheer force. It caused her hand to ache, but now they had a way in. "Come on!" She opened the door to usher Talisia inside before closing it. Hopefully the guards wouldn't notice the busted lock.

Inside the space seemed to come alive. The foyer was huge. Top to bottom was carved from polished stone that looked as if melted crystal had been worked in with it. There were golden tapestries covering every wall, and from what she could see the adjoining rooms looked much the same.

Ujana could hear laughter from up above, on one of the upper floors, mixed in with the murmur of talking voices. "Let's go."

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff