Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:45 pm
Another day

Winter had hit the Kawani lands hard this year. Frost permeated the soil in early November and was threatening to linger long into spring. The days were cold even when the sky was clear and the sun shone brightly, and when the sun set at night the cold refused to let some rise the next morning. Straterra had no such luck and rose with the first rosy fingers of dawn. She blinked as the first rays of light hit her frozen face, taking a moment to let her mind catch up with reality. Be it from the deadening cold or the deep, dreamless sleep that she had woken form, her face felt heavy and her limbs weak, causing her to stumble from her dusty wallow to the pitcher of water. She punched through the icy surface and woke herself further with the freezing water. It did nothing. Even the icy berries that she crunched through haphazardly did nothing to wake her. Straterra lingered in half sleep still, stumbling angrily from one morning routine to the next. Water to clean her face, berries to fill her stomach, kick the dried grasses and leaves back into the shallow ditch that she'd worn in a pitiful semblance of a bed. All without truly thinking.

Another day.

Straterra hated mornings. The colors reminded her of her sister. Ambien looked like dawn, and even acted like it sometimes. The dawning of new life. She even had the soft color of dawn all over her body. Morning made Straterra ache for her lost sister, so she chose to hate everything about it. She turned her face away from the rising sun and began her slow, tired way back to her wallow to lay. Nothing else to do. She set her head on her hooves and huffed, sending plumes of snow glittering and swirling around her face.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:09 am
Sweenys_Revenge

User Image

He hated winter Wholly, truly, deeply loathed it to his core. He was not a cold-weather soquili, yet his family chose to remain in this godforsaken place each season. He often questioned the wisdom of such a choice, but his whimsical mother would simply smile and wander away, seemingly even more spacey in winter than in the warmer months. He sighed heavily and rose from his slumbering place, shaking off the dirt and bits of moisture from he dew. He decided to talk a walk to warm up and watch the sun rise, which was about the only thing good about early mornings. He strolled down by the river, letting it guide him in his aimless journey as his eyes swept unfocused across the snow-covered land all lit up with the colors of the rising sun. It was truly lovely and he tried to soak it in, to experience it rather than simply see it. That was a lesson his mother taught him, whether she had meant to or not. He smiled to think of the diminutive mare. What an interesting twist for him and his sisters to be granted such a mother and father as they have. The spirits certainly had senses of humor.

As he rounded a bend a sound drifted to his ears. It was an unmistakable crunching sound, like someone smashing through ice. Curious, he altered his course towards the sound. It wasn't long before he spotted a mare going about her business. He was awkwardly close now, and he felt it would be rude not to say something, as surely she had spotted him or heard his crunching footfalls by now. "Hello there," he called, affecting a friendly tone with a smile. "It's a lovely morning, isn't it? A bit cold for my taste though."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:38 am
The only hint that Straterra gave that she had even heard the stallion speaking was that her ears swiveled around to meet the sound. She continued with her work, mechanically kicking empty baskets into a pile by a dead bush with her back hoof while she trampled snow down into a thin, compact sheet before covering it with mulch to aid in traction. Maybe if she just ignored him, the stallion would go away. So she worked, doing and redoing chores to keep herself busy and send a clear message to the stallion that he was not welcome. As she worked, Straterra's temper began to rise. There was a reason that she lived so very far away from everyone one and everything. She made it a point to keep to herself, even when trading and requesting services from the familiars in the area. She certainly stayed away from humans, who seemed either incapable or unwilling to communicate with her in any sensical way. And yet here was this stallion, standing in her home. He couldn't have just stumbled into her, this was planned. Who was he? What did he want?

As her temper began to rise, her actions became more and more violent. she kicked items, which turned into flinging them. She flattened her bed down for no reason, which quickly turned into trampling the dead leaves and grass into dust. She began to grunt as she worked, hunching over to turn bestial in both form and function. Finally, when she could not see for the crimson in her eyes she picked up the clay water vessel between her teeth and hurled it against the bulk of the stone that marked the western end of her dwelling. Ice and shrapnel flew to the left and the right and into Straterra's face, marking her with several thin red lines. She stood there for a long moment, remains of the vessel between her teeth, breathing hard. It was another long, quiet moment before she let it slip to the ground and coldly demanded "what do you want?"

Fatal Irony
I'm sorry about her...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:05 am
Sweenys_Revenge
no worries! He can handle it. He might throw some back too but I think they an bond over it XD Plus he'll just annoyingly hang around until she gives up trying to make him leave.

User Image

The reaction to his cordial greeting was unexpected to say the least. She clearly didn't want him around, and he slightly turned as if to leave. He wavered, however, watching her in her rage. She was throwing things around like a filly having a tantrum and he quirked an eyebrow at the display. What was this mare's deal? It was rare enough for him to be pleasant to strangers and she seemed a good affirmation that he needn't be. He grit his teeth watching her, debating what to say to her rude display when she finally spoke. He took a step closer but maintained his distance.

"What do I want?" He rasped, irritated. "How about some manners and civility? What's your problem anyway?" he was still turned away from him, but from the way she jerked back when she smashed her things that she likely had a face full of scratches and possibly bruises now. Not to mention now her little home was destroyed. Smart move. He snorted derisively. "You just wrecked your own home."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:14 am
Straterra snorted and cruched the remains of the claw vessel underhoof. "Home hardly," she muttered, grinding the shards into the dust. "It's just a place to lie at night." And she hadn't really destroyed it... there wasn't much to destroy. Just dead plants to cushion her just slightly while she slept and moldering baskets to hold the meager food stores that she bothered to keep. Can't really destroy a ruin...

Her temper flared again at the stallion's outrageous accusations. Civility? Manners? She whirled to meet his face, pale eyes ablaze in fury. She approached him too quickly and forced herself into his space. "My problem," she mimiced with a sneer, "is that I neither asked for nor want your company and yet here you are. Manners and civility? How about not barging into someone's territory without invitation." She pressed into him further, using the force of her temper to drive him away. Normally it worked, and good thing too. If it ever came down to brute strength, Straterra might not stand a chance, malnourished from self neglect and sleeplessness. Not that she noticed the hollows in her own cheeks not the ribs that protruded from her sides.

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:35 am
Sweenys_Revenge

User Image

He didn't even flinch as she charged, unafraid of the skinny mare. However imposing she thought she was, he was a large stallion - and also a predator. She couldn't hope to frighten him. In her unkempt state she wouldn't even be worth hunting, let alone fighting. He was irritated at her attitude, and perhaps a little curious why she was this way, though he wouldn't admit to that. His practiced predator's eyes were examining her and despite her malnourished state he couldn't help but notice her graceful curves. He tried to refocus his mind on the matter at hand.

"Territory?" He sarcastically looked around as the desolate plot of land. "Oh yeah, no I see why you're upset someone would intrude here. Not only is it super remote and hard to stumble into accidentally, but it's super nice too. Wouldn't want reckless rogues wandering around wrecking the place." He snorted with amusement, turning his attention back to her, locking eyes with her almost in challenge. He didn't plan on budging just because she was irritable.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:49 am
If the stallion wasn't going to budge, then neither was Straterra. She stood right where she was, nose to nose with the stallion. She gritted her teeth as he spoke, not out of offense for what he said about her home, but out of rage that he was still here. He knew where she lived. He saw how she lived. He admitted that it was hard to find accidentally and yet here he was, demanding her to act with civility in her own home when he had imposed himself on her. The impudence. The absolute gal--

Her mother's voice in her mind. Straterra's eyes widened by miles and she recoiled in on herself. She brushed the debris out of her way, now regretting the loss of a water vessel.

"What do you want," she repeated, defeat clear in her voice as she tidied up the mess she had made. She may not live in a palace, and her belongings may be in less than mint condition, but she hated to live among clutter. So she stacked the baskets neatly now and tried her best to fluff the dead leaves of her bed. "Manners and civility, and yet here you are, unwanted and unwelcome, imposing yourself on me and to what end? You even said that there was nothing here for you, not even convenience."

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:58 am
Sweenys_Revenge

User Image

He couldn't help but admire her grit, but was relieved she stood down. He was a stubborn stallion and he certainly was not going to do it. Still, the sudden change her expression, while sudden and gone as quickly as it had come, hinted at something deep inside her. He took another look around, really seeing everything for the first time. She wasn't just some a*****e alone in the wilderness, she was running from her demons out here. He felt somewhat guilty for being a jerk, but not enough to apologize. Instead he silently started picking up her things as well, helping her to put things right. "I wasn't here looking for any convenience, or anything at all. I was taking a morning stroll and stumbled upon you." He bit is tongue before reminding her that she had been the one instigating this rude exchange. "Why do you live out here alone?" He decided to ask instead.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:49 pm
"Because I want to." Her answer was clipped and begged no further investigation. Straterra wasn't one to go about blathering all over the place about her own problems. Instead, she wordlessly instructed the stallion on where to put things and how things ought to be organized. Since her temper had long since fizzled out with her horrifying revelation, she was suddenly easier to be around. Her silence was less chilly and more one out of a lack of reason to speak, and her movements had taken on the fluidity of her fatigue. She still wasn't easy to be around, but she wasn't actively trying to make the stallion leave either.

"I did, however, come up here to be alone," she ventured, trampling the clay shards into dust so that neither of them would nick themselves. "And this begs the question of what you are doing so far up this way."

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:41 pm
Sweenys_Revenge

User Image

He accepted her silence without complaint, himself not a fan of idle chatter. He let her guide him on where things went and went about trying to clean things up. It wasn't too bad a spot, if a bit sparse on food sources - for him anyway. He didn't know how the grass-eaters survived in winter. He barely tolerated it himself and was perhaps on the leaner side, though was still impressive in his stature. She was tired, he could see it. There was something deep inside her that was troubling her, but it wasn't his business to pry.

"Ironically enough I came out here to gain some solitude myself. My family lives not too far from here, and my sisters were working my last nerve. I needed some peace." He shrugged. He was loyal to his family, but he enjoyed having breaks from them. More and more lately, it seemed. He craved something else, something he couldn't quite place in his mind. "Where does your family live?"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:20 am
Sisters. Straterra fought with her own mind ti keep it in the here and now. "For all I know my sister is dead and my mother may as well be." It slipped out. Straterra inwardly cursed herself for running her mouth and fell back into working silence, trying to pretend that she hadn't just betrayed herself. Honestly, she hadn't even really thought about the possibility that Ambien might have been... it wasn't like she ever came to visit. The idea stuck in Straterra's mind like an arrow and slowed her movements. So she was alone then. Truly. Her mother was dead to her and her sister had abandoned her...

Straterra's breath suddenly caught in her throat, but still she acted like what she had said was of no consequence. "So I guess," she sighed, looking around her now tidy living space, "I don't have a family." The waver in her voice betrayed the careless lilt of her words. Give it a day and the wound would crust over. Give it a week and it would scar and the pain would stop. Just like when it occurred to Straterra that their mother wasn't coming back one day. Just like when she realized that everyone else had a father, but not them. Just like every other wound life dealt her.

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:20 am
Sweenys_Revenge
He could start bringing her food daily XD

User Image

He continued to casually clean up while watching her out of the corner of his eye. She seemed to be struggling with something and when she spoke he got a sense of what that was. A broken home was a terrible thing. He couldn't imagine one of his sisters being.... gone. His heart went out to this angry mare. He continued to move casually, as if she hadn't just born a sad truth to him. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable, as she clearing did not like sharing her feelings. He couldn't blame her, he WAS a stranger after all.

He stopped in his cleaning and looked around at their combined effort. It wasn't too bad. "Family is what you make of it," he said coolly. He glanced at her. "My family is not... traditional. The point is you don't have to have blood relations to have a family, if you chose it."

He shrugged. His heart went out to her, but she clearly had a lot of things she needed to work out. "Anyway, we have plenty of food stored away. I could bring some by?" She was disconcertingly skinny and clearly uninterested in taking care of herself. Besides, he didn't mind her gruff company.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 am
Fatal Irony
It would give him a reason to hang out with her!
8D
Did you wanna wrap up this RP here, though?

Straterra followed his eyes and nodded in something like approval. It did look better, even if not ideal. Then again, did Straterra really have an ideal for her home? If she could even call it that. Maybe he wasn't so bad. He didn't talk much, didn't demand much. Straterra might even be able to pretend that he wasn't there at all. That was ideal company for her. Perhaps he could stay... it would be beneficial to have another body around to keep things tidy, maybe even keep boredom and her own demons at bay with the simple act of being there. Maybe.

And then the stallion began rambling on and on about family. So much for being welcome. Straterra felt her lip curling involuntarily as he spoke, and she fought herself to stay calm. Like he knew anything about her or what she needed or wanted. Her tail flicked in annoyance, waiting for him to stop speaking. Not trusting herself to remain civil if she spoke (since he did help her clean, she felt he wasn't deserving, at this moment, of her venom) she only shook her head at his offer, adding in a slipped, "I have no intention of being anyone's burden."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:10 pm
Sweenys_Revenge
Sure we could end this one and start up the next one! smile Maybe post once more and then I'll post him leaving? Then if you want either you or I can start the next one.)

User Image

She may have been holding back, but he heard the irritatation slip into her voice and he couldn't help but laugh. What a stubborn mare! She was ready to starve to death because not only did she not want to ask for help, she actually pushed it away as well. Pride was a dangerous thing. He rolled his eyes at her and gave her a hard stare, a lopsided smirk on his face. "Look you clearly like to take care of yourself out here, but you suck at it. I got here five minutes ago and can tell you need help. So like it or not I'm going to come back here with food, and you can throw it in the river for all I care." He narrowed his eyes, waiting for her to challenge him. He couldn't say why this mare seemed so important to him as to inconvenience himself for her benefit. It certainly wasn't for any sort of gratitude. He expected none. There was something about her that drew him in, despite her efforts to keep him away. Yes, he would return with food and perhaps help her build a proper home to live in. She deserved some proper things. And if she complained he would just ignore her and do it anyway. His grin widened.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 am
Help wasn't something that Straterra was good at or had ever had to accept, and the feeling was odd. She shot Giddeon a strange look and for a moment her expression slipped into one of something... very unlike her. She wouldn't ever name it hope, and it certainly wasn't joy but... something that those things might call kin. She recovered as quickly as she succumbed, however, and bodily turned away from the stallion. With a grunt she fidgeted with the torn basket at her hooves. In the end she couldn't stop him from doing what he wanted, but he could not stop her from reacting the way that she would. Right now she just wanted to be alone. Straterra needed to figure some things out. It wasn't that she wanted Giddeon gone... but she wanted him away for right now. She wanted to be alone with her thoughts again. With the ghost of her sister again.

"Goodbye then, Giddeon," she said in a clipped and final manner.

Fatal Irony

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff