Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Artifact] The Circlet of Thoth Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 am
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:27 am

User Image

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:28 am
apep calling
the 17th of first october

After the cake had been cut, the singing was over, and the gifts were unwrapped, Brenley settled into the open-air living area of his childhood home, a cumbersome book resting in his lap and Tanaela crashing plastic monsters together at his feet. Delilah had lent him the tome right before he left—leisure reading, she'd called it—and he was curious to see what could possibly be important enough to warrant him lugging it along on his vacation. His mentor cared little for downtime and family visits, and to be fair, neither did he, but she was usually kinder to his back when he left town.

The uneven weight of the book on his legs sent the right one to sleep almost immediately and Bren held an open palm to its pages as the numb tingle spread, casting a levitation charm straight through it. The tome floated several inches off of his lap in a couple of seconds, stopping at perfect reading height. Before he could begin, however, a thin scrap or parchment fluttered out onto the floor. Tana promptly ran a tiny leviathan over it.

"BOOM!" she announced, fluttering her wings.

"Boom," Brenley agreed. He leaned around the floating book and picked the paper up before it could be trampled again.

Quote:
This is the first mention of your people I've
seen in an arcane work. Good job. You
weirdo hermits have finally made it big.

~D

His people? The patrona? Bren had learned all he knew of his sorcerer relations from his mother, but despite following their traditions, he had never met any of his own kind besides her. He used to tell himself that he would drop in for a visit someday, but over time that trip had slid to the bottom of his to-do list. They were a very insular, single-minded people. He didn't think he had very much in common with them at all. LOL

With Tana distracted again, Brenley flipped back to the beginning and got started. He read quickly, catching the gist of the subject while scanning for specific mentions of rune-bearing sorcerer guards. It took a long while for him to find what he was looking for, so long in fact that when he looked up again, his sister was gone. A flash of panic shot through him, fading again when he heard her childish laughter burble in from the kitchen seconds later. She wasn't dead. He would go check on her and everything would be fine. It was time for a break anyway, now that he'd found what he was looking for. He could get something to eat and come back with fresh eyes.

Shifting the book to his right, Bren dismissed the hovering charm and let it bounce to a halt on the cushion beside him. What to make, what to make. A sandwich, maybe. He took one last parting glance at the next bit of text, a preview to tide him over, and he froze in place as he tried to stand.

Quote:
Warding sorcerers have worked to hold corrupted temples such as these in check for centuries, turning their bodies into links in an impenetrable shield through the largely forgotten art of chained tattooing. A circle of five to ten such reapers is capable of binding a chaos manifestation of significant power, while fifty to sixty may banish it altogether.

Common binding chants include...

تجدني ساعدني

As the plea left him, Brenley knew it had nothing and everything to do with the words in front of him. Something pushed against the base of his brain, growing more insistent the harder he fought. He pressed his lips together, but the words spilled out of his nose, eyes, ears, finally grating past his throat when he could no longer hold them back. They were low, whispered, but they still burned.

هو مستيقظا إذا كان يأخذ التاج وسوف تبدأ نهايتي

Even though he didn't understand, what he said sank deep, forcibly sharpening his awareness of a place he had never seen. A human place. A place where chaos stirred beneath the sand.

"Khmun."

"I'm sorry, dear?"

Brenley blinked and rubbed at his eyes, trying to clear them. Though his sight had always been decent, the boil struggled to focus now. He could just barely make out his mother's outline where she stood behind the sofa, bouncing Tanaela on her hip.

"Khmun. It's a place in this book." He tried to keep his eyes open and his expression neutral, but his currently diminished vision caused him to squint before too long.

"Are you all right?"

His voice was a mess too. Bren cleared his throat. "Mmhm. Just tired?" He didn't sound convinced himself and he certainly didn't convince his mother, but before she could question him further Tanaela began to wiggle impatiently, eyes filling with tears in that near-instantaneous way that infants had. He could see the damp feathers on her cheeks and her bright blue eyes, so similar to his own. His vision was clearing. "I think I might be getting sick?" He was still speaking in questions, though it hardly mattered now. His mysterious and sudden illness had taken second place to his sister's meltdown for the time being.

His mother looked up at him, her expression suggesting that her curiosity had merely been put on hold, not forgotten. "A nap might be in order for the both of you then." She spared a hand to pat his shoulder, a small smile brightening her eyes in spite of Tana's squawking wail. "Get some rest, Brenley. We'll talk later."

He nodded, giving his sister a judgmental glare she didn't see. He certainly hoped he had never acted that way. As far as resting was concerned, he wasn't sure he could. Digging out one of his old laptops and doing a bit of research on Khmun seemed a far better use of his time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:29 am

User Image

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:36 am
hi tired, i'm dad
the 1st of fourth october
12:36am

This was finally it, the night that would mark the end of a journey he hadn't meant to begin. After working for nearly three months to process the flood of information that regularly plagued him while he was trying to rest, the last piece of the puzzle had finally slid into place just one week ago. The key to the portal and its nearby location, a handful of miles south of the city. While Brenley might have initially been given no choice in the matter, forcibly bound to this quest by words on a page and a voice in his head, he'd grown rather attached to the task at this point. He was going to see this through or dissipate trying. And maybe, somewhere along the way, he would accomplish something heroic while he was awake this time.

Of course, being Brenley, he hadn't ruled out the idea that this was all Apep's trick, designed to prime a subject for a body snatching or something, which was why he had asked his friends (and Hel) for assistance. Even one of them by his side would be a boon. He hoped they hadn't dismissed him for being absent for so long. He hoped they were doing well. He hoped he wasn't dooming them to some painful, permanent death. Bren sighed. However this ended, at least he'd get some rest when it was over.

The boil stood near a dark wooden sleigh that was secured to Lemesk, one of the creatures that had followed him home from Miasma Village. The unwieldy mount was surprisingly placid tonight, perhaps because it could sense upcoming adventure, or possibly because it had been mildly sedated. Bren chafed his hands together, mostly to give them something to do besides shake. He was cold, in spite of the comfortable temperature and the promised warmth of his desert destination, but he'd be willing to wager most of his jittering had little to do with that and more to do with nerves. He had one chance to do things right or he'd be waiting another year to make the attempt. He didn't think he could live with this for that long.

Quote:
WELCOME TO QUEST!!!

About four days ago, a stiff ivory card in a matching envelope was delivered to your room. It read:

I find myself in a situation that I
cannot resolve alone and I could
use your help.

If you are able, please meet me
on Fourth October 1st at one in
the morning just outside Amityville's
southern gate.

Thank you for considering this on such short notice.

Brenley

If you have tried to seek him out before tonight, Bren has not been in his dorm, nor has he been answering his phone. Tonight he is where he said he would be, outside the gates looking run down and glassy-eyed. He is wearing at least four coats. You may borrow one if you're cold.

- - -

Story movement will commence on the evening of the 5th or when everyone has arrived and gotten settled, whichever comes first. If you can't make it, don't worry! I will only be quoting those who post from now on to reduce anxiety, though you can always jump in in the future if you contact me to work out how you caught up.

Thank you for reading! ilu all <333

chiickadee
medigel
Seiana_ZI
Lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:25 pm
the message
the 28th of third october
10:43pm

He had just returned from a race (more like a thrashing, he convinced himself, though that was probably a bit of an exaggeration, just a bit, considering he didn't take much advantage of his advantages because that was cheap and he wasn't that cheap) against Arrakis and eyescream, because eyescream was delicious even when it was actually legitimately screaming, when he found himself faced with a letter sticking out partially under his door. Had someone left him something?

Ignatius entered his room and plucked the odd stiff card. Was this some kind of wedding invite? It looked like a wedding invite. The paper was definitely right. What did it say though?

Oh, not a wedding. Well, could be a wedding. Maybe Brenley needed to get out of a wedding. A very early wedding. Who was he marrying? As far as he knew, Brenley and Piper hadn't gotten hitched yet. Nor were they really dating. Were they? Brenley had kind of vanished for a couple months but Ignatius assumed he was just doing Brenley Things--

It wasn't really a question if Ignatius would go. The question was, what in Halloween would he be thinking by four days away...

hi tired, i'm dad
the 1st of fourth october
12:38am

Not a midnight rodeo. Brenley had too many coats on.

Maybe he was going to take one off to taunt his screech dragon though. Or clothe it. Brenley's clothes probably wouldn't fit though--

"You look like a vagrant," observed Ignatius, bluntly, as he strolled up to Brenley from behind. "You sure you're slept enough for this?"

Ignatius was slept enough. Probably. Did elementals even need to sleep? He hadn't really ever thought of that. He did like sleeping, and he supposed he needed to recharge his energy reserves somehow, and he did hate being awake in the early morning because early mornings were dumb--

"I brought some stuff." He gestured over his shoulder to the slim backpack he had slung there. Typical of Ignatius, he was dressed in exercise leisure gear with a hoodie on, and, as always, no shoes. He didn't seem particularly cold. "Don't know what the situation is so I thought I'd be ready for all kinds of things."

The lasso in his backpack probably wouldn't be very useful now, though.

Smerdle
hi dad, i'm ridiculous

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:22 pm
He felt like a vagrant, and though the comment stung his considerable vanity, Bren let it slide, too relieved that someone had shown up at all to truly care about what came out of the boil's mouth.

"I haven't slept enough for anything, but it's fine," he said, smiling at Ignatius as he toed the sleigh's step straight. "Thank you for coming." With the way he was acting, it might as well have been a wedding, or the reception at least. "And for bringing things too. I really don't know what we'll need." He had a bag of his own nearby, full of bandages and flashlights but no water or food. If they got stuck in the temple long enough to need to eat, they were pretty much screwed anyway.

"So. It's been quiet lately." Not for him, but as far as Bren knew, deadly dreams had been on the decline for everyone else. "What have you been doing with yourself?"

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:23 pm
Despite all the ridiculous amounts of traveling and missions she'd gone on for Noxious Firth, Hel Selie was not at all accustomed to late (or was it stupid early?) hours. It was a note from Brenners of all creeple though. He needed help, and that was all she needed to know.

"BREEEEEENLEY!" It was supposed to be her usual short shriek of exclamation every time she saw him, but turned out as a low yawning roar instead. Hel slowed to a stop near the two boils, her mouth wide open from the yawn and her fist raised up as if to somewhat stifle the sound. "And Brenley's friend!" She greeted to Ignatius. "I knew you had friends, Brenners! But seriously, boyo..." The reaper reached out and slugged the bundled up reaper in the arm. "Why one o' clock in the dead of night for Jack's sake?"

Smerdle

Seiana_ZI

Lucyal
Crew

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:13 pm
Brenley looked like he hadn't slept in the past eon and he also was acting like there was something Very Serious Going Down. It definitely wasn't a midnight rodeo. Maybe it was some kind of permanent dissipation issue?

... Wait, that didn't make any sense, Brenley was right in front of him--

"Yeah, of course. We're bros remember?" His concerned expression was a reminder that Ignatius could take things seriously, even if he preferred to take things with a certain distracted levity. Hopefully some of the hodgepodge of things he had packed would actually be of use. He had some stuff to eat, at least. Mostly trail mix type stuff, but he knew that was important to reapers.

"It has been quiet. Kinda weird but I've been finding stuff to do." Ignatius laughed. "Actually, I was--"

The loud roar of Brenley's name caught Ignatius' attention and distracted him as always, his eyes darting over to where it was coming from. He sort of recognized this ghoul just from seeing her around the school events previously, but it wasn't like he knew her. But any friend of Brenley's was a friend of his!

"It's Ignatius, or Ig," offered Ignatius, with a salute. Admittedly very curious about what was happening himself, he kept quiet beyond that in case Brenley gave a more descriptive answer. Maybe they were going to do some kind of ritual...

Smerdle
Lucyal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:55 pm
He swayed slightly with her punch, covering his mouth and yawning as hers spread. Bren's guarded smile extended to the reaper as Ignatius introduced himself, though a small shake of his head accompanied it. Oh, Hel.

"It's early because we have to be somewhere at exactly 1:37. The portal is very particular. This is Hel, by the way," he told the boil. A long time ago my dream double had a crush on her and very recently I saw her completely naked, so I thought she'd be the perfect person to accompany us. "She's a friend too." And, fine, she was, even if he always felt a low simmer of embarrassment whenever he was within fifteen feet of her.

"We're going to the human world, but not to walk around and scare or anything. The portal should let us out in a very specific spot, one that you can't get to from the surface unless you're very determined. Ideally, once we get there, we're going to... um... bind a god." He swallowed, chuckling airily. "To be honest I think it's just a part of a god, like a god's pet really."

Seiana_ZI
movement will be tomorrow
Lucyal
because i wanted to make least one more non-movement post but flaked last night yay

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:48 pm
The reaper thrust a hand out towards Ignatius, despite rather lack luster introduction not at all befitting how awesome she was by Brenley. "A pleasure to meet you, friend! A companion of Brenley's is of good character, indeed! This will be a grand adventure!" She grinned at him. "As Brenners has stated, I am Hel! Hel Selie! Trick or Treater and Personal Assistant to Noxious Firth!"

The valkyrie nodded her head at the other reaper's explanation, and understood all too well the finicky nature of portals. As he gave a brief insight into the mission, Hel tossed her head back and let out a loud barking laugh. "A god you say!? Is that all?" She grinned widely at him.

Seiana_ZI
YAY <3

Smerdle
DOUBLE YAY <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:06 pm
Hel. Brenley's new friend--or new to him, anyway--was Hel. Good name. Short. Ignatius liked it!

He didn't have much experience with portals either way so wasn't aware of their finnickiness, but it seemed like something that could be a thing, so he didn't question that. He didn't even question going to the human world, really, although he mentally noted that he probably should work on getting his actual passport done sometime this millenia so he could go down to the human world via normal channels--

"Trick or Treater, eh?" Ignatius grinned. "I'm still a student, myself. Third year." He had run into Trick or Treaters before--usually when they were giving some sort of strange classes--but he hadn't met one that had graduated fairly recently before. Nor had he met one Brenley was friends with. That was interesting in and of itself, considering Trick or Treaters tended to be kind of ... crazy.

... Then again --

"A god?" Ignatius, reckless as always, couldn't help grinning like a maniac when this was brought up. So it was a ritual! A ritual in which they bound a god. Was a god like an ancient? That just meant it was going to be a challenge, and Ignatius was always up for a good challenge. Except for that stupid endless quest-- "Bada**!"

Smerdle
woop
Lucyal
woop woop

Seiana_ZI

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:05 pm
They were excited? Sure. Of course they were. He supposed these two were exactly the kind of people he wanted backing him up on this, friends or not. "Yes. It's a minor aspect of Apep, but that's not important. I know what we have to do, we just have to do it the right way." He swallowed. Unlike the two of them, he was rather nervous about the whole thing. "I'm glad you're... um... on board."

He glanced at his phone. "One o'clock. We should go. Lemesk will take us where we need to be, so if we all get on the sleigh, I can make it light enough for him to pull through the air." Despite what he had just said about getting in the sleigh, Brenley began rooting around the gate as he spoke, retrieving four palm-sized stones from the dust. He spent half a minute or so handling each individually before rummaging under his coats and bringing out two familiar cream cards. He weighed them down, one rock per card, and left them out on the ground out of immediate notice. He finally climbed into the sleigh, placed the second two stones on the floor well apart from each other, and took a seat in the front.

"Last chance to leave, I guess." He swallowed again, really hoping they wouldn't.

Seiana_ZI
Lucyal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:43 pm
"Ya!" Hel grinned back at Ig. "Ah! A third year, eh? How close are you to graduating, then? You shall have to be on the look out for the gnomes when it is time! The little ******** sneak into your room and kidnap you---" The reaper exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air, but was then distracted by what Brenley was doing. "Hrm---today, Brenners, ya!? What are you doing?" Whatever it was, it looked boring, and it was happening slowly. Lame!

The reaper couldn't help but laugh again as Brenley finally got into the sleigh. "I am not going to leave after I have been woken up this early! Clearly!" Hel then launched herself into the sleigh as right, throwing herself right into the front with Brenley. She ended up sprawling across his lap, and took a bit to get herself up right and seated.

"Let us go!"

Smerdle

Seiana_ZI

Lucyal
Crew

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:40 am
Gnomes came and snatched them when they were to graduate? Huh. Seemed like something Amityville would do though. How did they know when it was the right time for anyone to graduate?

"Dunno admittedly, but I guess I should find out so I have a gnome trap set..." and then he could take himself to graduation, wherever that was. It would be an adventure! Like this. This was about to be an adventure. An adventure involving binding a god or an aspect he guessed. Still a god. Still was named Apep, whatever that meant--

When Brenley worriedly suggested it was their last chance to turn away, Ignatius quirked a brow and offered the most straight-faced, "Okay bye!" he could muster. He turned around and walked all of two steps before he swirled back around and was suddenly in the sleigh.

He smacked Brenley on the back likely a little too hard, but it was a friendly smack. "Did you really think I was gonna say no to this? Not like we're going back to that stupid forest." Ignatius settled in his seat, leaning back a bit with his hands behind his head.

Smerdle
Lucyal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas