Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:33 am
Sin of Qurupeco
THERE. =P

“Oh, Silva.” The hybrid had buried her face in the warm fur on her raptrix companion, “What am I supposed to do?” While memories of her brother had been locked tightly in her heart, the girl had never gotten the chance to truly mourn his loss. Being on the run had prevented her from such luxuries. Now that she had time to adjust to her new surroundings and had been away from Zena for over a year the girl felt that life was slowing. With the appearance of the merchant’s son reminding her what she had lost, Talisia felt the heartache all over again.

First she was reminded of her father’s death through Dris, but to also have the hope of seeing her brother ripped away from her once more? That was just too cruel. Eyes stinging Talisia had kept away from most of her company that night. Still her solitude couldn’t last forever. Now with the rising sun of an early afternoon it had already been a couple of days since she last went to the market and stumbled into Eresin…I suppose. It wasn’t the boy’s fault that he had delivered her false news, in a way he had indeed opened up more information about her brother. It was just that she had hoped for current news, not old memories. Sighing Talisia tucked her long hair back into a braid, “I can’t mope forever, can I?” She offered the smallest of smiles towards her familiars who both stared at her, one with knowledge the other more innocently.

“Behave yourselves while I’m gone, alright?” A chirp gained her attention and the hybrid shook her head with faint amusement, “Fine, fine. Come on then Yukiyo.” The pale kinfa fluttered up towards her shoulder and nested itself in the hood of her cloak. Talisia only hesitated one last time as she nodded towards Silva, “I’m afraid you may frighten him, so stay behind?” The raptrix shook out his wings nonchalantly before curling up into a ball in the shade. I suppose that’s a yes then.

Her baby kinfa secured in her hood and her satchel hanging by her side, Talisia turned and began the trek towards the busy streets of the market.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm
"Eresin, you're up bright and early again." Eresin's mother commented as she smiled at him. Eresin was unpacking all of the merchandise in their stall and preparing for another morning of trade at the busy market. Yeah, I guess I normally would sleep in until father woke me up... But I need to be awake in case Talisia comes back. He continued to place the products on the nearby shelves in an orderly fashion, making sure that everything was perfectly lined up. Jars of various liquids, clay pots, both empty and full, and books lined up on the shelves and ready to go.

Eresin started to uncover the front counter and unlock the flap that covered the window. Rolled up and tied, the stall was ready to go. He looked at his mother and said “I can man the front if you have other things to do.” He smiled, and she nodded and left the stall to him. And now we wait… He had been so antsy ever since meeting Talisia. She not only was someone he knew when he was younger, but she also is someone who could be trusted, kind, and could be his way out of the merchant’s life. She was a bit mysterious to him, but that was something that he liked about her. It made her… Quite pretty actually…

Eresin continued to look for Talisia amongst their customers, and during the moments he wasn’t tending to a customer, he continued to daydream about when they would meet again, and what she might buy on her next visit. If she visits again…  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:48 am
Sin of Qurupeco

"Will you back off?" Talisia's whip snapped out from her side as she pushed against a gang of rogues, "I don't have much coin to interest you." Inside her hood the baby kinfa chirped alarmingly. It'll be alright, Yukiyo. Talisia glanced around with determination. There were only three here so she should be fine...right?

"Perhaps we don't want just coin..."

Talisia spit at him, "No thank you." She was not about to be 'hired' as a hybrid for someone's amusement. Nor was she going to give up the baby kinfa hiding in her cloak, "But what about this I have something here..." As she trailed on the girl quickly snapped out her whip and knocked some debris from the alley towards the trio. In an instant the fight started and it was several minutes later that she managed to wiggle free and to lose the trio in the market place.

"No more back streets to avoid people." Talisia huffed as she leaned against a wall. Her whole body ached from this encounter. But she refused to linger much longer and quickly she started to make a bee line towards the familiar stall where she hoped to find Eresin. She was a bit of a mess herself as she tumbled towards the market stall, "Do...you have any bandages?" She placed a pouch on the counter teasingly, but wobbled as she reached out a hand to prop herself up. Cuts and bruises decorated her arms and bare legs. A scuffle in an alley was not the best idea considering the rough items there. Still Talisia couldn't help smirking at the memory of the state she had left those thugs in. At least I'm not alone in the injury department.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:34 pm
Eresin sighed and put both of his elbows on the counter. So many customers today, yet none of them were her... Peco cooed and rubbed his head on Eresin's arm. "Yeah, I know there's still time in the day. I just feel so antsy." He turned around and leaned up against the counter while taking a drink of water.

Peco squawked. "I know I know, I've gotta calm down but-" A familiar voice stopped him mid sentence asking for bandages. Eresin whipped around and saw the familiar eyes once more, only this time, she seemed distraught. She was covered in cuts and bruises, her hair a bit messy, and barely able to stand. What the- She needed to be helped, else she might fall over! "Oh geez! You should sit down. Come, come." Eresin hopped the counter and put her arm around his neck and he put his hand around his waist. I hope this isn't overstepping some kind of boundaries... He thought as he blushed a bit.

He helped her to the back entrance of the stall, and sat her down at the small round table they had in the back. He retrieved several rolls of bandage wrap, and a jar of slimy healing salve. "My uncle taught me a few things about medicine and healing small open wounds." He grabbed a glob of the poultice with the tips of his fingers and hesitated for a moment. Uh... Legs... Damnit here goes nothing. He smeared the slimy healing poultice on her legs gently, then smeared some on her arms. After cleaning his hands, he wrapped up her wounds and asked, "Phew. Are you okay?"  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:17 am
Sin of Qurupeco

"Do you think?" Talisia quipped teasingly before allowing him to help her to sit down. As she settled down on the table the girl winced. The poultice cooled her heated flesh, but at the same time stung sharply as it entered one of the cuts, "I hope he taught you well then." She hissed as one cut in particular stung more than the rest. Immediately at the noise a flurry of feathers escaped from her hood to fly towards Eresin. Another bi-colored gaze, this one of violet and blue, stared the boy down as the mostly white kinfa pecked threateningly towards him.

"Sssh. Yukiyo, it's okay." Talisia reached out her hands and allowed the baby kinfa to settle there, "He's a... friend." Sheepishly she smiled up towards Eresin, "I'll be alright now, thank you. Just had a bit of a disagreement with some people who didn't know what they were dealing with. Tends to happen when you're a hybrid, especially in a foreign land."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:51 am
Eresin blinked and frowned. "I don't see what the big deal is about being a hybrid..." He offered a seed to Yukiyo and sat down. He rinsed his hands off and dried them on a cloth. Being a hybrid must really be difficult... Poor girl. It didn't bother Eresin in the least that she was a hybrid. Discriminating against certain people was really bad for business, also not to mention that it's just wrong in general. If someone is born a certain way, why hate them for it? It just doesn't make sense. Besides, Talisia's features are really pretty. He seemed to think of these things more and more. Seriously, what's wrong with me?

Eresin cleared his throat after a long moment of tranquil silence. "So, I haven't seen you in a while. How... have you been?"  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:10 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Talisia chuckled quietly, "Perhaps eventually others will have that same opinion, but for now the races are still getting used to each other. I suppose it's just strange to see a combination of the two." She shrugged lightly as her kinfa fluttered towards the seed. Darting forward the baby snagged it from Eresin's hand before fluffing up her tail feathers and marching back towards Talisia. She smiled as she allowed the kinfa to settle back on her shoulders, "I was born during a time when the lands were just opening up to each other, so back then it was especially strange. I don't know what was worse, being shunned for my differences or being chased after for them."

She pet the top of her kinfa's head lightly before looking back towards Eresin, "Not much of a conversationalist, hmm?" She teased lightly as she ran a finger down her leg. So far it seemed like the salve was taking hold. I just hope these heal quickly so that I don't worry anyone. She hated having to cover her legs up with the desert heat, but she would need a pair of paints or full skirts for the next few days.

"I've been alright. I travel with a company and my friend enjoys sparring so mostly I've been tending to my own bruises from that." She frowned as she checked over her arms, "Nothing like this though. We aren't that foolish." The girl sighed before glancing back over towards Eresin, "I came to apologize for last time. I judged you too quickly and was harsh. I'm not normally like that, but my worry got the best of me so for that I apologize. I was just so hopeful for more news about my twin. I haven't heard from him since I left Zena."

As she stretched her legs the girl slipped from the table to lightly pace the floor. Her body still ached from the recent scuffle, but now that she had taken a break the spinning walls had stopped. That's good. I should be fine to make it back later now. Looking around she smiled faintly, "I'm guessing you're in charge again today? How ever am I supposed to steal you for repayment if you are always working?" She teased as she stepped around the room, testing her legs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:36 pm
Eresin chuckled at the little march Yukiyo had put on display. She has a good point about the whole race thing. Eresin supposed that the trade routes were fairly new, and even though he had been sheltered from the harshness of diversity and culture clashes, he did understand not being able to trust those different than yourself. Still, it doesn't mean you should treat others that badly...

Eresin watched as she touched her legs. He noticed a part of the bandage where it was slightly loose. Tch. A little sloppy, but overall not a bad job... He patted himself on the back in his head. At least he was useful, even if he wasn't much of a talker. "Words... aren't my strong suit. I like to stick to knowledge and being helpful when I can."

As Talisia told him about her company, he grabbed two more bandage rolls and a small dish and filled it with the salve. As her apology came forth, he slowed down when screwing the lid on. Well actually... I was kind of hoping you had some answers as to what happened to him too. He felt his heart knot up at the thought of losing a friend. He turned to Talisia and gave her a half smile. "Oh... Hey no worries. I... just wanted to help."

He paused at her question and finished screwing the lid on the small dish.Steal me away? He blushed a little and tried to hide it. "Oh, I've made enough money for the day. I can close up shop..." He nonchalantly put the bandages and dish in his pockets, then proceeded to close up the stall. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll leave a note just in case. He wrote a small note telling his parents about the total sales for the day and how he was going on out and probably wouldn't be back until night. He folded it and left it on the small table. Well, I guess that's it then. He turned to Talisia, smiled and said, "Ok, ready."  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am
Sin of Qurupeco

Talisia smirked, "I can tell." The reply wasn't harsh, but overall teasing. He was just too easy to tease after all. Mostly the girl was trying her best to hide the worry she felt over her brother. Life without her twin had been interesting and she finally had true friends to call her own, but without Ciaran a piece of her own soul was missing. My other half... Was that her sacrifice for freedom?

She would have much rather given him this chance.

"Still thanks." The hybrid closed her eyes against the tears before glancing up towards Eresin, "It means a lot that you did help. Especially if those guys had appeared again." She smiled faintly, "Though I doubt they'll be moving anytime soon." As Yukiyo chirped on her shoulder the girl patted the kinfa. I suppose I should leave soon. Then the next thing she knew Eresin was actually packing up shop for her.

"You sure that's alright?" A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips. He truly was eager, "Well what do you say? I know some taverns here that are friendlier towards strangers than most or we can just walk. Though I don't mind paying for a meal, that much I definitely owe you."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:08 pm
Sabra Knight

Eresin grabbed a pouch with a few coins. Just in case... He smiled at Talisia for a brief moment and then frowned. "I don't mind walking for a bit, but I'm afraid in your condition, you might not last long. The salve works best with rest." He chuckled at his rhyme. "Perhaps the tavern should be our destination."

He put on his fur jacket and put Peco on his shoulder. Eresin knew this was his chance to get away from the merchant life... Though getting to know Talisia and spending more time with her would be quite nice. Getting to know her...? Am I growing attached to her somehow? Come to think of it, the past few days he unusually offered to run the stall for his parents in hopes he would catch her again for the past few days. He just wanted to see her again so badly for multiple reasons. He gave her free goods and treated her wounds without thinking twice. There was just something about her that made him do these things. He couldn't put his finger on it but the more he talked to her, the more he trusted her and it made him want to talk to her more, be around her more, and perhaps-

Peco squawked and tugged at his ear to snap him out of his daydream. "Ah, sorry. I was just daydreaming..." Darn... If I'm going to get to know anyone, I've got to stop losing myself in my thoughts "Shall we?" He smiled and gestured to the stall door, making an 'after you' motion.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 am
Sin of Qurupeco

Talisia glared at him from the corner of her eye, "Don't underestimate me." She warned and although she attempted to keep her tone light, the hint of warrior came through once more. "I've been in worse situations." Even though her legs stung she wasn't the type to rest easily and probably would be up again training tomorrow morning. Keeping her body working kept her mind distracted and with how life was currently that was how she preferred it.

"You're doing it again," Talisia commented as she waited for him to move after her. For some reason the boy always seemed to lose himself in his thoughts. It was amusing to say the least to see it, but she truly hoped that he wasn't ever in a battle field. They would have surely mauled him by now. A small half smile flickered across her features, "Follow me then, day dreamer."

Walking swiftly down the crowded market the girl threaded her way through others until they arrived at a smaller tavern. It wasn't one of the more boisterous ones, but it still held a nice atmosphere and Talisia had noted its kindness towards foreigners and hybrids alike. Despite knowing that even Talisia went towards a corner booth, easily hidden and hard to see from the entrance. I just hope no one disturbs this meal. A phantom smile crossed her features as she remembered her last attempt at a meal with a friend. Hopefully that scoundrel is doing fine, wherever he went. As she slid into the chair, Talisia turned back to glance towards Eresin.

"This fine with you?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:35 am
Eresin closed the stall door behind them and locked it. He managed to keep up with Talisia's fast pace through the crowded market and eventually they came up to a small tavern. "This place looks decent. Uncle always said 'Loquacity storms the ear, but modesty takes the heart.'" Eresin was being sincere. Something about shopping in smaller shops and visiting smaller places was appealing.

As Talisia went inside and found a corner booth, he sat down opposite to her. He nodded at her question and pondered her earlier statement. Yes I suppose I should give her more credit, being a seasoned adventurer and all. He wanted to apologize, but wasn't sure if it would really do anything. As the tavern server came up to them, he shook off the thought and asked for an ale to start out.

As the server left after they ordered their drinks, Eresin used the opportunity to ask a question. "So... Have you always been good with beasts? It was pretty amazing that at such a young age you knew exactly how to help my kinfa. Did anyone teach you?"  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

"A very wise man indeed then." Talisia's mouth curled up into a smile at the thought, "I once knew someone who would argue likewise." Her father had been keen for the simpler things while her mother had always enjoyed showing off luxuries. Now that she knew more about her father's origins she was more likely to believe the same. After all her whole life in a noble's house had never captured her heart, but the simpler things in life especially in Jauhar had.

"Some sweetbread and fruits as well please." She truly enjoyed the sweetbread that Callum had introduced to her and fruit always refreshed her throat. Unlike ale....Talisia almost laughed at the memory of her first encounter with the beverage, "Beasts?" Blinking she focused on the question at hand, "I hadn't planned on helping animals as I did, but a servant when I was a child had expertise in the healing arts. I picked up many things from her and once I found animals needing my help I dedicated my free time to learning more." She smiled sadly, "My twin said that I had a natural knack for it so I started to sneak away more often to help others. I never really thought of it as an amazing talent or anything special....but I was raised not to appreciate what I could do outside of my mother's wishes."

She shook her head lightly, "If it wasn't for Ciaran then I may have never found myself where I am today. Beast charmer and all." She let out a short laugh, " Once I would have much rather learned music as my brother did. He truly could soothe any soul with his music." She sighed wistfully. As if thinking could ever bring him back. "What about you Eresin? I know you loathe the merchant's life...so do you have an inclination towards something? Did you and Ciaran have some sort of childhood conspiracy to run off and be gypsies together maybe?" She tried to tease him lightly to make up for the aching hole in her own chest. Perhaps if she just brushed it to the side then the pain from the loss of her twin would lesson...at least that was the hope.

Even as their food and drinks arrived the hybrid just found herself barely picking at it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:07 pm
Eresin took a sip of his ale and smirked at her tease. "First of all, what you did really was special. You were out there saving lives! You saved my best friend. Even if you don't appreciate what you could do, Peco and I sure as hell do." He put his mug down, crossed his arms and smiled as Peco squawked and flapped his wings in agreement. "As for me..." He paused to think. Right. My uncle's training. I have to find him somehow.

Eresin took another swig of his ale. "My uncle told me that I have an innate ability towards the magical arts." Well, might as well tell her. She may be able to help me find him... At least, that was what he was hoping."See, on my way to Oba, I found a note from my uncle Nerio telling me to find him. He wanted to help me hone my skills, since I have never practiced magic." He made a "magic fingers" gesture with his eyes crossed and his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth to lighten the mood.

He chuckled at his own stupidity and then sighed. "As for your twin, well, we both planned to travel. Not necessarily together, but it would have been really nice to keep my friend close. Although..." He trailed off. He wasn't really sure that he actually did pass on. Being in tune with magic, you tend to feel things like that, and part of him really felt that Ciaran was around somewhere. He didn't want to get Talisia's hopes up though. This is quite the sensitive situation. Probably would be best if I don't continue with my theory...  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:07 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Talisia smiled, "Thank you." She watched the boy and his kinfa as Yukiyo settled down in her hood. I suppose it meant a lot to them indeed. Though a part of her wished that she could remember things more clearly. So much had happened in those years that life had became a blur. A sorrowful expression crossed her face. Could she even recognize Ciaran now if she saw him? Her twin's face, so different from her own, would it become a blur in her memories as well?

"Oh?" Talisia knew that mages and the like existed, but magic was scarcely seen in her own family. Her family's servants had been skittish at the mentioning of such tales and superstitions had been heavy in the hallways of the great house, "So your uncle is a traveling mage? Shouldn't he just have taken you with him rather than making you search?" She frowned, a crease decorating her delicate brow, "Or is this like a quest for you? In order to become a mage you first must find your way ordeal?" At his expression for 'magic' the girl just shook her head, though her amused smile was obvious.

Still despite her amusement Talisia' gaze widened, "Ciaran wanted to travel with you?" She bit her lip thoughtfully. Had he truly been planning such a thing? As Eresin continued she let out a faint sigh, "I'm sure he would have loved to travel. Once he tried to leave with me....but our plans changed." Quite drastically at that. She smiled faintly, "At the same time look at you now. Even if you aren't with your uncle you're still in Oba. Surely he will appear somewhere along your journey." If his uncle wanted to take him as an apprentice then surely the mage would be lurking around nearby. Magic was amazing like that...

"I actually never thought about traveling as a child." She admitted while tearing off a piece of sweetbread and offering it to the boy, "Ciaran always was the one who plotted out our journeys together...since our father had been a shifter he wanted to go to Jauhar. He had hoped to discover more of father's family there and to find out what our roots truly were. That's why I came this way once I left home." Her gaze saddened thoughtfully, "I found out a few things there and now am traveling with my connections here to Oba. Afterwards I don't even know if I'll return to Jauhar while Zena is still out of the question." Truly, even she had doubts about where she would be next.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff