Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm
HerasBox

Reill stepped across the border to Matori he was quite happy about his little trip, a little worried about his reception perhaps but it couldn't be helped. He had personally never owned slaves so that had to count for something. The wind buffeted him in a warm salty welcome and he decided he liked the taste of it. He pulled his mask down and inhaled deeply. The air was full of moisture it was fantastic and so different from crispy Oba. He made his way to the ocean as fast as he could and dunked his feet in. He sat on the sand at the edge of the water and just looked out over the ocean.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:08 pm
Duke Edward Drake

Having had nothing better to do for the day Gael was in the water. Actually he was oyster hunting. He had a good bit in the sack at his waist and as he was running low on air he picked another from the bottom of the ocean then made his way up to the surface. With a gasp he broke through and took a deep breath. As he turned to head to shore he noticed there was an Oban sitting on the sore with his feet in the water. At first he thought it odd but finally he decided to swim inward. This brought him closer and closer to the person until finally he was walking his way out of the water.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:20 pm
Heras Box

Reill blinked. That was a man coming out of the water. "Good day," he said, not sure what to say. He was in rather an awkward position knowing no one in this place. Well he had to start somewhere right? "Hows the water?" He couldn't swim, it would be good to learn but he mistrusted water, it was far to dark down in the depths, all kinds of creepy could be down there. It did look very refreshing though. Putting ones toes in were okay it was unlikely that something would come all the way up just to munch on them. He stifled a shudder at the thought.

This waterling was brave of course they were predispositioned toward water probably. He shifted a little uneasily.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:57 pm
Duke Edward Drake

When he saw that his waterling was coming out of the water, Bastul yawned widely and stretched before getting to his feet and making his way lazily toward him. Of course this would take him past the Oban that was sitting in the sand but the Zanteer didn't seem bothered by him.

Gael reached down and patted Bastul when he was close enough to rub up against his leg and curl his tail around him. Since the Oban had given a greeting he nodded his head toward the man to signal that he'd noticed him before speaking. "Water's fine." What else was he expected to say? Come on in? His eyes lingered on the fire earthling for a moment longer before he was distracted by his familiar putting his face into the small sack that held the oysters. "Hey, stop that. You will get yours when I'm finished." One of his large hands came up under the Zanteer's chin and pulled him out of the bag.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:54 pm
Heras Box

"I've always admired the Zanteer's grace, but I didn't think they were that spunky. My name is Reillan, a pleasure to meet you." Well at least his manners were alright, he hoped that would help him to make a decent impression. "I'm not much for water but I am curious about it. Not much of it where I'm from of course." He tried to keep his body language relaxed but he felt terribly awkward. What had possessed him to come down here anyway. A little voice in his head told him, 'Just give it a chance, don't make it all weird."

He rose to his feet and kind of nudged at the sand unsure of what to do next. "I had a janarim but my brother has him now."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:39 am
Duke Edward Drake

Still trying to keep his familiar's nose out of the bag at his waist, Gael looked at the Oban as he continued to speak and introduce himself. "Bastul here has no grace and he's pushy as all hell. I'm Gael by the way." Just then the Zanteer brought his two front paws up to rest on Gael to give him better footing in trying to get into the bag of oysters. "Would you stop that." He said again, this time in a more stern voice as he tapped the beast on the nose lightly.

"I had a run in with one before. Can't say I am fond of them." Of course at the time he thought that the large creature was going to eat or harm a small girl. It was something he tried to forget.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:13 am
Heras Box

Reillan chuckled lightly at the persistant Bastul. "Yes, our janarim took me by surprise and If I could have climbed a tree backwards I would have but he didn't want to eat me, he just sort of adopted us. It took me forever to get used to having something so large and terrifying with us but hes usually really gentle with a really odd sense of humor. Weird critter."

"Does Bastul eat other things besides oysters?" From the looks of things oysters were pretty much it. Why wouldn't the Zanteer go fetch his own? He was obviously adapted for the water.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:09 am
Duke Edward Drake

The thought of an Oban being afraid of something was amusing to say the least, so there was a smile on Gael's face as he heard the story. "Sounds like when my cousin had a face to face with a snaptrotter." He chuckled. Now there had been something to see. Of course his cousin was the same age as him.

When the man showed an interest in what his familiar liked to eat he had to swat at Bastul's nose once more. "Huh? Oh yea, he does. He just likes to be lazy and eat whatever I catch." Then, feeling impatient, the Zanteer ripped the bottom of the bag with his claws so that all of the oysters fell to the sand. The moment they hit the beast was upon them. "Really Bastul? You couldn't wait?"  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:47 pm
Heras Box

That was a rather large pet to let get away with such things but it was hard just because of the size. Reillan remembered having a side of meat strapped to their janarim and tying to get him not to eat it. It had been hilarious and effective only because he couldn't reach all the way back with all that plated armor. But perhaps this was also a young Zanteer and more prone to immature games then an adult would be. Still Reill wasn't sure he wanted one of his own. He thought a perzi would be more his speed.

"How did the snaptrotter incident turn out? I haven't seen one in person yet but I hear they are quite intimidating."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:10 pm
Duke Edward Drake

With a shake of his head he lowered himself to the ground and pulled out a shiv. From there he batted the beast away from the oysters and picked one up. Gael worked at the shell until he managed to pop it open. Doing a quick check for a pearl, which rewarded him with a white one, he then passed it to his familiar to enjoy. "My cousin ran from it like a school of frightened fish. It was funny to watch. All you saw was this blurr of blue then behind him was a giant lizard with it's tongue hanging out." He chuckled at the memory of it. It also surprised him that he was at ease enough to speak so comfortably to an Oban.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:22 pm
Heras Box

Reillan laughed outright at that, "I don't blame him for running, not one little bit!" Ah so that was why he was collecting the oysters. That was cool. "I can't say I wouldn't run just as fast if there was something big and toothy with its tongue hanging out after me." He eyed the ocean, how easy it was to find food in the vast salty expanse as compared to the crispy desert with its fruit trees. Why hadn't he come to Matori long ago?

"I've had oyster before once, I must say they look much less appetizing raw." He giggled, "Sure good in stew." Reillan sat back down as well in order to not be threatening, he didn't think the other man was going to attack so he relaxed somewhat.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 pm
Duke Edward Drake

"Yea, I don't blame him either." Gael said as he was already at work on another shell. When it popped open he found yet another pearl and added that to the growing pile by his side. He continued on and gave the raw oyster to his familiar to eat.

"Raw oyster is an acquired taste. But you're right, it does taste good in a stew." He nodded his head. Of course he didn't like raw oyster either. His siblings did though. So that meant he was going to have to go back out and hunt for more before he returned home.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:34 am
Heras Box

"How do you catch them? They don't seem to be able to crawl all that well if at all, being legless. Are they buried in the sand or stuck on rocks?" He had never thought to ask before now that he was actually seeing it done. Oysters being rather uncommon in the desert. Imagine having all your parts enclosed in a heavy shell there would be nothing to step with you would just kind of sit..which made you a bit of a sitting duck..well oyster.

In Oba it seemed like everything scurried around one way or another, the parts of tendaji he had seen too for that matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:34 pm
Duke Edward Drake

Crawl? Gael looked at the Oban very oddly for a moment before he took yet another oyster in his hand. Holding it up he showed it to the man. "They don't move much. Mostly you can find them along the bottom. Sand, rock, coral, they hide pretty good." Truthfully he didn't understand how the things got there but they did. If he maybe had the lung capacity to stay below water for longer than only a minute or so then he could find out more about them. For now he could only reveal that they just were. "They can open and close on their own as well."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:51 pm
Heras Box

Reillan tilted his head and examined the beshelled critter. "They are kinda pretty in a way, especially the inside of the shell." Pity he didn't have someone in his life he could make jewelery for. He sighed. "I hope you have better luck with ladies here in Matori then I do in Oba, or gents if thats your thing. I truly despise being alone. I was never alone growing up, now it seems to be my permanant status, even my twin left to go explore Zena. Do you have a large family?"

He realized he was rambling, but well there was only so much time he could take talking about oysters.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff