Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Archives
[STAFF BOOTH] The Friends :: Build-a-Bouquet! [OPEN] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:07 am
Uncharacteristically, The Friends are here with a booth of their own instead of protesting Rise & Shine's. It appears that Just Prevail's beloved flower garden has grown so well it has swallowed Ail's medicinal herb patch whole, and Prevail has been told in no uncertain terms to cull his yard. After some discussion and muttered agreements not to tell Charm, it was decided that a bouquet-making booth at the Winter Market that everyone was talking about would be an excellent way to get rid of the flowers and recruit for the tribe. So it is that a bunch of bucks are huddled behind the blooming booth (and, in Ail's case, sniffling from hayfever), sorting through endless blossoms as Prevail nimbly wraps leaves around pretty nosegays, smiling at passers-by and calling out to the curious as he works:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"The best bouquets are - like our tribe, The Friends -" (he hastily adds as Take the Watch jabs a reminder at his leg), "harmonious and healing to the soul.
Join in our crusade to help those in need! ...Or make a bouquet of your own. You'll get tokens. Here, just pick your fill from these flowers..."

This paint-by-numbers template represents your bouquet! The more petals match each other in colour, the more harmonious your bouquet, and the more tokens you'll receive!
To see what colours you have to colour your petals in, roll SIX 6-SIDED DIE [6d6] and fill in the corresponding colours as numbered in the template!
Edit your coloured-in flower into your rolling post with a short IC reaction, and collect the tokens you have earned!
^Save this template to your computer. Paintbucket-fill in the petals in any graphics application (e.g. MS Paint) according to your roll.
Save your filled-in template, upload it to an image-hosting server (e.g. Imgur), and edit the image into your rolling post.
I've made the template much smaller so you can put it there directly without linking or resizing now - thanks!

If any petals are the same colour as each other*, you get...
0-2 petals are the same colour: 1 token
3-4 petals are the same colour: 2 tokens
5-6 petals are the same colour: 3 tokens
*Only ONE colour counts e.g. if you get 2 red petals and 2 blue petals on the same flower, it still counts only as 0-2 petals.

Once you've edited your filled-in template with your short IC response into your rolling post, you may collect your relevant number of tokens in the Token Claim & Exchange thread and update your tracked Tokens!

You (the user) may make a bouquet ONCE a day!

Feel free to chat with Just Prevail, Take the Watch, or Ail as you play!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:37 am

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 3, 4, 1, 5 Total: 20 (6-36)

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Smash-and-Mash ws completely oblivious to the animosity between the Friends and Rise and Shine's. She only vaguely knew who the Friends even were- weren't they those excitable young folks who'd stop by from time to time and yell a lot?- and harbored only goodwill towards them- just the same as anybody else. If they needed her to smash something, she would.

But it seemed that they... needed her to pick a flower? She could do that, flowers were really nice. Not so good for smashing; they were far too delicate for that. They required shredding. As she chose her flower, she smiled at the stripey totoma buck standing behind the booth. "Lovely flowers you've got here," she said. "Did you grow all these yourself?"

Pigxels rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 2, 2, 3, 1 Total: 20 (6-36)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tropic picked what he could from his own healing remedies from home in his little healing willow, gathering his favorite things and was reminded of a rainbow when he was done. Much like himself, he thought with a smile, and then put as many of them together as he could. When he was ready he held it out with a smile.

Thumbnail:

Pigxels

Ghost

Magician Arcana rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 5, 2, 3, 6 Total: 23 (6-36)

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Butterfly Kiss really did like flowers, and flowers so colorful and gorgeous during such a cold period were very welcome. Very welcome indeed. "Your flowers are wonderful." He murmured and picked up a lively colored bunch. No blue, it seemed, but purple! Oh! Purple was like blue.

User Image "What do you think?" He asked, a hint of shyness in his voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:56 am
Scaramouche Fandango - I edited this a million times sorry
Take the Watch leaned over at the inquiry with interest because she was a friendly doe, and beamed suavely (or so he thought). "Oh no, not me. In The Friends we fill all sorts of roles in our quest to aid the swamp and those in need. I am passionate about the rescue and aid of the downtrodden."

And to answer the question, he paused for effect then pointed with his muzzle: "...and Just Prevail is the one who grows flowers."  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:57 am
"Oh, thank you, that looks just like you," Prevail passed out tokens right and left for the presented bouquets, "thank you very much - that's lovely, very nice indeed!"

Not having heard a word of Smash-and-Mash's exchange with Take the Watch, he looked over when the latter pointed at him, smiled, nodded, and passed a token over.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:01 am
Maxx D

"How noble!" she said, beaming. "They're lovely flowers, truly, but actively rescuing the downtrodden? When I was a little lamb up in the mountains, my clan lost one or two a year to avalanches and landslides. Those who went to dig for them were the ones everyone looked up to- but it's something of a dangerous occupation, isn't it? If the snows are bad, you can lose the rescuer. Not that it snows so much here- but the metaphor holds, I think. It certainly can't be easy."  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:09 am
Scaramouche Fandango
"Ah yes," Take the Watch said, leaning casually against a bundle of flowers and neglecting to mention his earned name, "it is a dangerous endeavour, but the risk is worth the reward. We are but a band of sisters and brothers who keep our heads down and do what we can. You should -" and the words join us died on his lips because he realised why she looked so familiar - she was part of Rise and Shine. Instead, he instinctively reached up and bit the head off a flower. "...Try eating your flower too. They...uh...they taste good."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 am
Maxx D
OH NO HE KNOWS

"That's quite good of you," she said, oh-so-agreeably, before nipping the head off of a flower. "These are quite good! Little wildflowers have such a delightful lightness to them; nothing so heavy as a rose or heady as lavender, but something airy to amuse the senses. You've quite a sophisticated palate for a totoma; I often find that we tend to overlook the littler things in life, simply because they are small. That doesn't make them worthless; it's nice to meet somebody who gets that." She couldn't keep the grin off of her muzzle; this was downright demure for her, but it really was rare that she got to have a sane conversation with another totoma that didn't turn into a shoving match.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Owlsomniac rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 1, 1, 6, 1 Total: 20 (6-36)

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:45 am
Poppymilk had heard about the flowers being given away and decided to make her way over to the booth. Though she's drawn to the colorful blooms they're handing out, she can't help but notice one particularly handsome buck, who she learns is named Just Prevail, and her gaze lingers on him for a moment longer than strictly necessary before she shakes her head and smiles as she approaches.

"Hello -- I'd heard you were giving out bouquets and, well... I thought I might try my luck."

Then the finished piece is handed to her she laughs softly, delighted. "Oh -- these are perfect. Just gorgeous. The purple tones go wonderfully with the red -- thank you!"

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:10 am
Prevail smiled, charmed by the beautiful doe's delight, "What a fine eye you have for these flowers! Thank you."

Owlsomniac
Eee thanks for playing, Owl! ;A; AH, I noticed you claimed 3 tokens for this - but unfortunately it should be 2 tokens! As stated, only one colour counts, so it'll be the red, giving you three matching petals and thus 2 tokens. <3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:26 am
Poppy chuckles softly, and winks, "Well, not just for the flowers." Her smile is a little mischievous, then, but she carefully takes the bouquet, tucking it into a little satchel of vines and other bits she'd fashioned long before for her herb-gathering needs. She'd thought it would be useful for collecting tokens, and other fun things, at the clearing.

Jun D
Omg, I even read the petal -to-token thing twice just to be sure. That's what I get for playing so early in the morning, haha! xD

Maxx D rolled 6 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 4, 3, 1, 2 Total: 15 (6-36)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Distant Thunder was attracted to the flowers like a bee who had just gotten attacked by other bees and direly needed something nice and gentle and soothing to land into - and with the gentle colours and scents, he gravitated there. He took a nice, deep huff of the blossoms and exhaled with a smile, for they did remind him of his motherland. It was good to find such comforts here in the Swamp, where he was drawn to. Perhaps a calm activity now would do him good.

He started to pick blooms here and there (that often narcissistically looked a little like him) but in the middle of selecting his third one, was arrested by the sight of that smooth jaw - a beardless chin that led up to eyes that were gentle and weary of the world, fringed by soft brown locks. Distant Thunder certainly had his favourite type (teal) but he was, as a buck's buck, attracted to many does.

He collected up the rest of his bouquet as best he could, and presented it not only to the petaled buck, but the pretty creature with smoothed-down horns. "A heartfelt bouquet out of excellent blossoms," he declared, and with his rough voice that softened, "and a bouquet I would like to gift you, fair maiden."  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:55 am
Ail was usually a pretty happy sort of buck (emphasis on buck), even when he was absolutely certain he was afflicted by seventy-five different rare diseases at the same time. Today, seated amidst neverending piles of flowers, his medicinal garden decimated, his raging hayfever decidedly not imaginary, he was not a happy sort of buck.

He looked up at the Kiokote and said something completely unrepeatable.

Prevail didn't notice. He was too busy smiling dreamily over the so very romantically beautiful doe without having the slightest clue what her wink and smile meant.

Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff