Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:25 am
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:31 am
Tannin sulked as he had never sulked before, he felt like a petulant colt again, angry that he had to train all day and had no friends to play with. Kaiya had tricked him, his Kaiya, she'd went and left him in the care of this old knight Loren, impressive as he was, he was no lady...He was angrier still because he knew that this was what she thought was the best thing for him, and she was likely right. Loren was an angeni, like her, and his power rang in his ears like great bells. He had set out to become a true knight and this Lord Loren was an old battle horse, the trainer of great knights and the head of his own order. He should feel honored that she should do him this service, so why did he feel so...empty?

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of heavy hooves and a loud 'harrumph' – his bright eyes flickered from the inside of his helm, glancing upwards to meet the steel blue gaze of the scarred angeni Kaiya had left him with.
“ So” Loren rumbled “ I suppose you're my charge now young Tannin, night blood, your lady has left to continue on with her mission and she bids that you do the same – so there's no time to be out here with your head in the clouds.” Tannin was stung again by the facts thrown in his face and his anger flared“ If you knew how dangerous her “mission” is you wouldn't have let her lea-”

“ OH but I do” Loren interjected, his expression ominous

Tannin glowered from the shadows of his mask

“We angeni are born with missions like that, some dangerous, some not, but all important – Lady Kaiya is following hers yet, and has managed to do so for years before you came along assuming you could protect her from it. What an ego you must have, we'll have to sweat that out of you stallion”

“Pardon my saying so sir, but it has nothing to do with ego, originally maybe I thought I would only protect her because she was a lady and that's what you do...but.” He glanced down at his hooves, the fires of his eyes dimming slightly. Loren watched his new pupil in silence for a moment, and then looked up into the late evening sky, painted in purples, blues and a magnificent swath of red, like a great wound in the middle of it all and a corner of his lips turned upwards. “ You loved her.”
It wasn't a question, it hadn't been spoken with disappointment, or the lilt of amusement, it was solid, sincere, a fact.
Tannin slowly looked up, feeling as if he were choking on his own bleeding heart, a fiery tear flowed down his cheeks, and then another “ ...yes.” He croaked,, the word burning in his mouth.

Loren sighed
“Ah, I thought so. Few things are so painful as that of a broken heart young one, when I was young I felt it's blade many times” He grumbled a bit, pinning his wings sharply to his sides “ And I get it, she was probably the first lady you ever clapped your eyes on, but … I think she only ever meant to train you as best she could before she continued on her own journey, you were her student Tannin Nox, nothing more. So let these be the last tears you shed for your heartbreak, for your fears – emotions have a place, but not here, not now.”

He glanced at the stallion standing before him, silent as the grave, the fires of his eyes like green coals, smoldering in the dark

“Even if Kaiya had not brought you here, my power has been calling to the soquili of this world, It would have brought you to me eventually – you are meant to be a knight Tannin, you knew it from the day your father started telling you all those bed time stories.”

“ So!" He barked, trying to rid the place of it's silence " I accept you as a knight in training, whether you like it or not you emotional young thing”
He snorted for emphasis, raising his head high “ Ah, but it would help if you did accept though, less mess in the long run.”

Tannin blinked at him and sighed as if he could set loose his soul into the world – before standing up as straight and tall as he could, tears still glittering down his cheeks as he gathered himself up, his armor creaking in protest “ I- I accept, of course”

Loren cracked a small grin, nodding for Tannin to accompany him “ That's what I thought. Welcome to the Knights of the Blue Rose, lets begin your training.”  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces