[PRP] Secrets in the Night {Cassiopeia x Melanthios} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:45 pm
This is a private roleplay between Cassiopeia (Kyrieko) and Melanthios (LunaRei_Silverblood)!

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:40 am
User Image

She was tired. Not really physically, but more so mentally. For all her foalhood, she'd dreamed of finding the herd her grandmother had spoken of briefly staying with. Of how wonderful and large it was. How accepting they were. And it had all been true, from what she had seen for herself. The Vanaras were everything grams had said they would be. But then she'd discovered a little more history about herself. Of where her family originated from.

There was another herd, one that looked to the moon to be their guiding light. Which explained why she enjoyed the night a little more than the daylight hours.The Herd of the Moon. Her great-grandmother had been born there. And her grams had run away from it, choosing to find a different life to live. Cassi couldn't understand why her grams had left it. Why she was so persistent about not returning. She had not stayed with the Vanaras herd for too long either.

The mare frowned, looking around to find a place to rest for a few minutes. The light had faded not very long ago, the shadows around her stretching out their arms to the land. Usually she'd find herself wanting to dance. This was the perfect time for joining the growing shadows!

But her mind was too plagued with thoughts. Where did she belong? Her family would always be there for her, but Cassi felt... like she was missing something there. Perhaps it was the lack of a herd? Or... something else. And it was that 'something else' that she couldn't figure out and thus, why she felt so exhausted.

"I just... want to belong somewhere." She whispered to the trees, watching as the leaves lazily swayed. It was relaxing, she discovered and found herself just staring up at them.

LunaRei_Silverblood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:47 pm
Melanthios was out for a walk. Things with the herd have been a little tough lately. They're numbers haven't been growing and while they have a healthy current stock, there were no little ones to be trained to take up after them and it was troubling for sure... It was hard watching as the herd started to become nothing but legend. As horrible as the fire was, it's allowed other horses to see that Eterna Fiamma was still very much alive and still very much a presence in these lands. But herd mentality seemed to be a thing of the past. Most horses wanted to live on their own. The future was in Lutra's hooves and honestly the stallion was doing a great job leading. He recently brought in a mare and he could tell it would only be a matter of time before there was a mating ceremony welcoming her as the The Alpha. But Melanthios was the adviser, Lutra still depended on him.

So in his walk, the stallions hallowed eyes looked up the evening sky as the first twinkles of stars began to appear. The crickets and spring peepers were chirping helping him put his mind at ease. But his senses sensed someone nearby. There were herd members in this area yet so he went to see who could possibly be hanging around in the evening. Before he pushed through the trees he caught sight of the mares horn and he was able to tell that whoever it was, was looking up at the sky. "It's a lovely evening isn't it?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:48 pm
Kyrieko
Sorry, forgot to post WITH the quote >.> <333

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm
User Image

Her ears perked forward, eyes widening ever so slightly. Were... the leaves talking to her? Or the wind whispering? Cassi blinked and then looked around, to see if she had missed something. Her gaze passed by the stallion at first, before she realized there was someone there. She felt her throat tighten as the air was exhaled. W-When had he gotten there?! A small bit of panic grasped its claws into her. She really needed to learn to pay more attention to her surroundings. Or find some way to keep her mind less occupied.

Realizing that she had allowed the silence to extend for too long, Cassi forced herself to take a breath and a shy smile crept along her lips. "Y-Yes. It's very lovely out tonight."

He was strange looking, almost like he was not quite there. Cassi felt that her eyes were playing tricks on her. Maybe this was all a dream? Perhaps she had finally driven herself mad and now she was hallucinating! But the longer she kept stealing glances and looking at the stallion, the more she felt he really was there.

"Do... you live around here?" She asked in a soft voice, hoping this wasn't too personal a question.

LunaRei_SilverBlood
Teehee, no worries about it! <33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:14 am
Kyrieko

Melanthios felt bad that he had startled the mare. But what could one really expect to happen at night when it's dark and you're approaching another. He pushed his way through the leaves to stand before her. He was still a solid being, even through you could see through him. He dipped his head apologizing for spooking her. "That I do. About a mile or so back toward the mountain. I live with a herd of horses." He smiled at her and then looked up again at the sky.

"What about you miss? In my time living here I can't say that I've seen you in this area before." His eyes glanced sideways to land on her. His plan wasn't to pry or scare her off. But she seemed like she had a lot on her mind and he wanted to offer assistance if he could. She was a lovely young thing too, too young for the troubles she seemed to be carrying. And being as old as he was, he would probably be one of the best horses around to help her with what she needed. Assuming she wanted help.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:22 pm
User Image

She couldn't help sliding a foot back and shifting her weight ever so slightly when the strange stallion emerged more fully from the leaves. Her ears were as alert as they could be, but there was less tenseness to her shoulders. The initial surprise of someone appearing again was fading as a quiet acceptance overcame her. It wasn't like she expected there to not be any others living around here! That was just naive. Like she apparently was sometimes.

Cassi felt a smile pull at her lips as he dipped his head in what seemed like an apology. Oh goshdarnit! Had it been that obvious? Of course it had. "R-Really?" She peered curiously just beyond him, wondering if she would have run into this herd on her own?

His question made her ears fall back in a shy manner, the mare ducking her head a little. "I... I am not from this area." She admitted, a little more softly. "I really... don't know where I belong anymore." Why was she admitting this to a stranger?! That was rude, wasn't it? And besides, he probably didn't want to listen anyways. "F-Forgive me." She stammered. "I don't mean to drop my burdens on you." Cassi sighed, all the tension leaving her body.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:13 am
Kyrieko

Melanthios watched the mare with his hallow white eyes. He know that his appearance could startle others and he would let her come to terms with it in her own time. But when she spoke, even if it was soft he felt a longing grow in his chest. Maybe it was because of the years he spent with Fiamma Eterna, but he wanted to help her find a place that she could belong. Though he know deep down he always hoped those he helped would find a home with The Herd.

"That isn't something to apologize for. Finding somewhere you belong and can call home is important. It helps you become who you want to be." The older stallion glanced over to her again and smiled softly as he saw that she had started to relax. "I came to join the herd I'm in when it was created. I had always lived in these lands and I gave aid to those that first started to settle here. Now I'm the Herd Advisor. Being apart of this herd gave me a purpose." He gave her a brief history of how he came to be apart of the herd. He wasn't born into it like some of the youngsters. No, he has outlives the Original Leaders, the Wise Ones.

"I'd be happy to listen if you wish to share your story." The evening was still young and if seemed like the mare was truly lost. Not so much literally, but her spirit seemed weakened. Maybe he could talk her into spending some time at the herd to at least rest?

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:26 pm
User Image

Her ears perked up a little at his voice, the mare raising her head slightly to look at him better. "I-I still shouldn't blurt things out." Cassi tried to argue, though she was listening to what he had to say. "Really? Maybe... that is truly why I feel so lost." She knew she wanted to find a place to belong. And she'd never had any issues with herself. Well, okay so she lacked a little confidence in herself. But that's why she danced! It gave her confidence. Helped her to feel free.

Listening to the brief history he gave, Cassi couldn't help but wonder how old the stallion was. He seemed to make it sound like he was as old as the land? But that was impossible! Right? There certainly was no way she was asking something like that though.

The invitation to talk with him about what was troubling her mind was very tempting. "Surely you have more important things to do then... listen to one lone mare." She tried to make her voice light, but it was still shy and uncertain. And obvious she was considering his offer. Maybe... talking to someone would do her some good? Allow for someone with unclouded eyes to give her advice.

The mare sighed heavily, all tension leaving her body. "I've... very recently learned some things about my ancestry that have me confused. My heart and path were firmly set on finding a herd that I dreamt of being where my heart would call home. But... I've found it. And more. Yet... I don't feel like I'm home yet." She looked up towards the moon again, the markings along her body faintly glowing. "I am not sure of what path I should follow any longer... "

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:44 am
Kyrieko

The stallion watched her and he wanted to make sure that he didn't push to much. But sometimes others needed a little more of a push then others. She seemed very sweet and even a bit shy. Her self confidence needed a little more of a boost. She was a pretty young mare, but this lost feeling she had was making her guess herself. It wasn't fair to her. "Oh it would be my pleasure to spend some time talking with a lovely more such as yourself." He hoped that the compliment would be welled received and not see as something creepy. He knew he wasn't the easier stallion to look at but he hoped his good heart would shine through.

"Why was this particular herd special to you? And did this herd have ties to your ancestry?" He asked. Maybe even though she found everything she was looking for, it wasn't what she needed. It happened sometimes, even to Melanthios. He loved The Herd, but he was getting older and starting to realize that, he deserved more in his life. There was a void that the herd couldn't fill.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:16 pm
User Image

Thank the stars her hair was a darker color! There would have been a bright blush on her cheeks after being called lovely. She ducked her head a bit in response, but not so much so that she wasn't still glancing at him. He... really didn't mind?

Cassi hesitated, but she finally answered his question, slowly working through it. "It was a herd my grandmother talked so grandly about. Made it sound like it was almost a fairytale. I... wanted to see it. And be part of such a great thing. It is not tied to my ancestry... but that is where my troubles start." The mare sighed. "I've recently met another who looks similar to my family. And learned that I do have a herd tied to my ancestry. A herd my grandmother originated from but left. She's never spoken of it and I know nothing of it except what I've just learned." She wanted to know about it. Why had her grandmother left? Why had Sin left? Was it that terrible of a herd? The mare frowned as her thoughts jumbled up once more. "I am unsure as to where I want to go now. Or what I want to do."

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:32 am
Kyrieko

The stallion watched the mare further. She was certainly struggling with this and he knew that he could help her. He could help open doors for her to find her answers. But would she want his help? The older stallion glanced back up at the sky, the moon had shifted showing the passing time.

"I think that if you never answer those questions you'll regret not knowing. I can help you with that, but you have to realize that miss, that you might find answers that you don't like." That was a high possibility and he didn't want to sugar coat it. But at least her questions would be answered and she could move forward with her life. Being stuck in the past wasn't a way to live one's life. And he wanted to see a smile on the mares face.

He wanted to make sure he gave the mare some time to think about the offer. Fiamma Eterna had connections all over the land and Cassi would have a place to stay in the meantime. "You're welcome to say no. But I would be honored to join you on the quest. " The herd and his company should help her feel not so alone.

"What do you say?" He asked, turning his body with the intention of heading back home to the herd lands. Cassi would be welcomed by everyone there and everyone would be willing to help in whatever way possible. Most of the older horses came to join in the same ways and want to give back to others in need.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:30 pm
She shifted her weight from one side to the other, acknowledging that what he said was true. And she'd already figured that much herself, even if she hadn't said it out loud. It was why she was struggling so much with what to do. But maybe, even if the knowledge she would discover wasn't quite what she had wanted to know, it would still bring her a bit of peace?

"I... I know." Cassi said softly, ducking her head a little. "But... I think... I have to know." She said after a moment. "I feel it's... the only way I can settle my mind. A-And maybe... find where I belong." But what if she disappointed someone? Like her grandmother?

Cassi sighed, shoulders drooping as she let her gaze fall tiredly to the ground. He was right. She could easily say no. But was that the right choice?

Ears perking up, the dark mare glanced back at the stallion. He was being earnest in his words and did seem like he wanted to help. And he'd said he lived around here so... maybe at the very least, she could rest among them until she figured out what to do? "I... I think, I would appreciate that. Very much." She paused, offering up a smile. "My name is Cassiopeia."

LunaRei_SilverBlood
<3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:26 pm
Kyrieko

"Cassiopeia." Melanthios spoke her name allowed. "That is a lovely name for a lovely mare. I'm Melanthios." The name certainly suited her. It was complex, just like the mare's feelings. "Well then my dear, let us get moving. There will be food for you yo eat and then I can show you were you can stay. Then in the morning, we will make plans and start finding those answers of yours. Sound good?" He wanted to change the tone of the evening to something lighthearted as he turned to lead her back to the heard.

"I do have to warn you though, some of the other horses will probably ask you a lot of questions. They mean to be friendly but I can imagine it could be overwhelming." He laughed softly as he turned his hallow eyes to the ground to check where he's stepping.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:59 pm
She felt herself blushing at the compliment and the urge to duck her head again was strong. Yet she managed to refrain from doing so, offering a sweet little smile in return. "Th-thank you." Cassi murmured before raising her head a little more. "Melanthios? That's a strong sounding name." That... was a nice compliment, right? Oh she really hoped so! She wasn't good at this stuff. And... he was so kind. Especially with the generosity of allowing her to come stay with his herd. She couldn't even express the gratitude she felt. Maybe he was right. A night with his herd to relax and clear her mind might do her some good before she continued on.

If she chose to continue on. A small frown formed at this. No. She didn't need to think about stuff right now.

"Yes! I-I mean... if you're still alright with it." She hesitated in following, but after a deep breath, she started to follow the stallion. "Thank you, Melanthios. For being so kind." A small laugh escaped her unexpectedly at his 'warning'. "I think I might be able to survive them." She hoped so anyway.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces