Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Hunting for . . . (Autumn Pheonix & Latcho Churi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:33 pm
User Image
User Image
A Continuation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:37 pm
Pheonix jumped the small creak separating her from her destination. He was so stubborn! Hadn't she told him that she didn't care? Obviously her word wasn't good enough or believable for him to have stuck around. No, he had to take off and leave her, knowing she wasn't going to be able to follow because her leg needed to heal more. Well she would show him. Latcho would be getting a piece of her mind and a hoof up his rear. Weeks. Weeks she had been searching, asking anyone who would listen if they'd seen him. A few had completely ignored her, acted as though they couldn't even see her, let alone hear her asking. She huffed as she trotted onward towards the overshadowing cliffs.
Of course he'd be somewhere this remote. Couldn't be somewhere easy to get to. Nope. That wouldn't make for much of a hideaway would it? She wondered if anyone had ever tracked him down before to scold him? She wasn't sure, and as she neared where she was hoping beyond all hope he would be, she wasn't sure if she was gonna yell at him, or kiss him! Pink tinged her freckled cheeks at the thought, but really, who could blame a girl?

For his part, Latch had been wandering in a depressed mood. Every choice he took the path darker and more remote. He wasn't really thinking about it, if he had, he would have known better. The little voice in the back of his mind was trying to get his attention, to turn him around, but for once he wouldn't listen to it. He had barely been eating, just a mouthful of grass here and there.

He knew he had made the right choice. He couldn't burden someone as wonderful as Phoenix with a twisted companion like himself. He made sure the area he left her in to recover was safe, then he did the best thing he could.

She had probably already forgotten about him. If he was lucky. He would much rather think that than think she might be thanking the spirits he was gone.

He had been ploding along for a while, lost in dark thoughts when he realized he was in a ravine and that the sides were narrowing. With a sigh he stops and looks at the shear walls arond him. He only half turns around to go back when it's just too much and he lays down right there in the middle of what was likely a waterway when the snows melted in the mountains.

Pheonix plodded onwards, making her way along the edges where it sloped downward into a crevice. The area had a wet chill to the air that clung everywhere. and seeped to your bones. She shivered as the wind passed, tossing her mane and leaving her just a bit colder. It certainly was the right place to go to get lost, plenty of places to fall into, the air made you just want to be warm..."LATCHO!" She felt so small in the vastness and was sure her words were lost in the expanse. She would never find him here.....She huffed and stomped her hoof into the hard ground. Her temper rising. Here she is feeling sorry for herself when she knew he had to be here. Somewhere. She was so close, was she going to give up now? "But I feel so lost..."

He was hallucinating. He was hallucinating her voice. Odd though, how frustrated she sounded. He had dreamed of her yelling in scorn or fear. And imagines her voice softer . . . He tried not to imagine that, it was too painful. But frustrated . . .
Then he heard the echoes of her voice and the whisper of lost.

Head up he looks around. The ravine bouncing sound made it impossible to tell which end her voice had come from. She was here, she was really here . . .

This was bad. Something must be wrong. He didn't understand, but no matter how much he knew she was better off without him, he couldn't resist her close, not again. He just wasn't that selfless.

He wasn't aware of how he looked. Hair matted and disarrayed. He hadn't let his little mouse friend tend it at all. And he was thin, perpetual wandering on not enough food had left his ribs showing. Eyes a bit sunken, dark, but alive again as he looked for her, he calls, "Phoenix?" But he didn't know where to go, how to find her. He had been paying so little attention he didn't even know how to get back out.

Her heart stuttered to a stop at the sound of her name and then thundered in her rib cage with such force she gasped. He was here, he heard her and she was going to yell at him. She was sure of it. Phoenix frantically looked for a way down when she found a slope that wasnt as steep. She trotted, slid, and tripped her way down, cursing the whole while. She'd never find him if she killed herself trying to get down into the ravine.

Mud chilled her up to her knees but she was on a mission now. Or at least the peak of her mission. "Latcho!" She frantically and cautiously searched the darkness for him. The rocks and dead foliage casting strange shadows about, some of them startling her. "Do you have any idea how hard its been to find you? And you're all the way in the spookiest place...of course you are. Why wouldn't you be? Couldn't be in some remote field of flowers oh no..." Her ranting kept her from being as startled every two seconds, until she heard hoofbeats, soft at first, then louder as she went on. Finally movement caught her eye and she stopped moving, breath caught in her throat. She let out the smallest whisper, "Latcho?"

She was there. She was actually there. Standing in front of him. And he couldn't move, couldn't breath. Then his name a whisper in her throat and he takes a shaky step towards her. "Are you okay? Did something happen?". He would kill anyone who threatened her, overcome and challenge that hindered her, just to see her again.

His throat dry, "What can I do? I will do it, whatever you need." He only hoped it wasn't for him to leave again. He didn't have that kind of strength, not twice.

Phoenix puffed up so quickly, fire crackling in her eyes as she marched over, looking up at him sternly. "Do you have any idea how hard you've been to find? Any at all?" She huffed and stomped a hoof for emphasis. "I have been all over the place and through areas I hadn't realized existed...did you think I was going to just forget you? And....my...Latcho what have you been doing to yourself!?" She stepped back and took in his appearance with her mouth parted open, tears pricking her eyes. "You're not aloud to leave. I chased you half way across the kawani, if not from one end to the other and I don't know what I was expecting to find but..." She laid her cheek against his throat and sighed. "You left and I was lost and now you're here and...well you cant make me leave." She pressed in as close to him as she could get. "Its my turn to take care of you now."

His knees get weak, but she's leaning into him and he won't fall and possibly hurt her. "No." He answers her first question, trying to get his brain moving. "No, I'm sorry, I don't know how hard it was. I just . . . Walked. And . . . I hoped you had forgotten, if was better than fearing you hated me. I . . . I only dreamed . . . I dreamed maybe you didn't, maybe . . . But you're here! I don't understand. I . . . I'm not strong enough Phoenix. I can't do it twice. Not even for you. I can help you find your way, get you back where you're going, you don't need to be lost. But once I do . . . Maybe I'm a monster, but I still . . . I still need . . . I need more than being alone. I tried. I tried to do what was best for you. But I can't do it again. When you figure out . . . When you figure out I'm not what you want, you'll have to run. Because I'm not strong enough to let you go again."

He tucks her head under his, tentacles reaching down with tentative brushes, almost like petting. His whole body trembling, voice a broken whisper, "Please, please don't run. I think I'd shatter."

A garbled half sob half laugh bubbled up and bounced around the emptyness. "I don't chase halfway across continents for just anyone, Latcho." Phoenix sniffled and stepped back, a watery smile on her face. "I don't have any intentions on leaving you." She nudged him gently, nuzzling her nose into his mane, ignoring the tangles. "I'm not lost anymore, I'm where I was trying to be." She walked around him to stand on his other side and intertwined her tail with his and stepped very close, turning her face up towards his. "I'm not doing any running, Love. I'd like a nice leisurely walk by your side though, after sleep and warm cuddles."

He just stands there, eyes wide, so very still for a dozen breaths. Then his eyes close as she shakes his head, "no. No!". Tears leaking from his eyes, his knees finally fail. "No, it feels so real." His voice a sob, his dispair clear.

"Nonononono..." She knelt down beside him and gently nudged his chin. "Latcho...Latch, honey. Look at me." She nuzzles his cheek, unable to keep from touching him, reassuring herself he was really there. "Its me. I'm here. I'm not leaving. Please don't cry." Her voice broke again and she shivered against the chilling wind. Was it colder down here? She hadn't noticed...

He shakes his head, keeping his eyes closed. "You can't be real. You . . . You're beautiful and amazing and . . . Everything! You're everything. And I know . . . I know you can't be here. Not with words like love. Not for me. So I . . . " He pulls in a breath and opens his eyes. He looks straight forward for a moment, a weak deturmination in his features. Then he looks at her and all strength is gone, a hoolow brokeness replacing it. "I thought I got the better end of the family curse. My voice mostly helped. But this . . . ". His eyes close again and he shudders, then grows still. Laying his head on the ground, he looks as though he has given up.

Phoenix guided his head to her chest, holding him there, time felt still in this place. like the world was happening around them but they stood still in their moment. She knew her heart was thundering in her chest, pounding against her ribs, making her skin pulse. "If I really wasn't here, would it be so loud?" She nuzzled into his mane, giving him soft kisses. "Listen to me, I'm here. I'm real, I'm not your mind, I'm Pheonix. Please hear me."

He pulls in a shuddering breath, her scent thick around him. "I don't understand. I . . . I did evrything I could, I . . . I just want you safe, happy. If you're really here . . . Why? Why would you come? There must be stallions lined up for you to choose from. Why would you . . . would you follow a monster into the wilderness?"

He blinks and opens his eyes to look at her, "it was the hardest thing I ever did. Every day I . . . It was like walking away from sunshine. But it was the right thing. You deserve bettet. And . . . I'm not that. I'm not even good. I struggle just to resist impulses born in dark magic and blood."

"You don't know me. You just saw what you needed in a moment of fear and weakness and . . . I'm not a prince or a knight. I'm not gallant and good." A tear rolls unheeded down his cheek. "You are. Beautiful and . . . and good. You're strong. And you make me smile, down deep where my dreams live."

Closing his eyes with another deep breath, "And when you really see me, see the monster I am . . . I never wanted you to feel like you had to tie yourself to me. Out of obligation or misguided gratitude or honor. Your heart shines so bright, I don't ever want it dulled, but . . . How could it not? How could you keep shining with me around?"

He presses his forehead against her chest, tentacles softly, tentatively touching. "Either I've gone mad, or you have. And I'm so afraid it will kill us both.". He draws another deep breath, drinking in her scent, "you smell like hope."

"I shine brightest when you're with me. How could I not?" She couldn't keep herself from snorting and rolling her eyes. "You're the only stallion I will ever see. Anyone else is hazy, blurred. And then there you are, so startling clear it makes time stop and my heart beat quicken." She nuzzled in closer, pretty sure that if she got any closer they'd just melt together, but she couldn't stand any space between them. There had been so much for so long and now he was here.

"I'm not here because I think I owe you and need to repay you. I just need to be closer to my heart. You have it, you know." Phoenix ran her nose up and down his neck as she spoke, nuzzling a few of his tentacles tucked against his skin.

The scent of her, so close, so warm. It draws him. Nuzzling into her he can feel her pulse, her life. Something in him stirs, awakens. Her blood singing to him. He can't remember the last time he ate and she's right there . . .

Shaking his head he scrambles back away from her. Never quite getting back to his feet, he stumbles in the dirt and old mud, shaking his head, eyes wide. "Get back. I'm not safe. I . . . You smell so good . . ." His eyes flash quickly to red, tentacles writhing.

"Please . . . go, I . . . I'll find you. I . . . " Eyes close, nostrals flaring, his stomach speaks with a low growl. It scented food; rich, warm, and thick. "Pheonix . . . Run." Eyes an almost glowing ruby red, he gets shakily to his feet. There is no doubting that he is a predator as he stands, sinewy grace in every line. His wings flair, tail lashing. Eyes distant, not thoughts behind them but primal hunger.

Phoenixes temper flared at the best...or worst of times. This was one of those times. Her blood ran hot, skin prickled, fur stood on end, bristling out, puffing her up. She launched to her hooves, tail whipping behind her as she glared daggers at the Stallion that she loved. "No! You can't tell me you can't stand it if I leave and that it hurts and expect me to just.. Ugh leave!" She snorted and turned away, not thinking just glaring and steaming, scalding tears pricking her eyes, rage coupled with hurt made her turn back to him.
"So you go. You hunt. Go find something with a heart that doesn't beat for you and you come back to me. You come back and I will be here, waiting."

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:15 pm
Latch reared, hooves slashing the air. Then he turns and runs. There is no thought but the need to eat, and the need for Phoenix to be safe. The ravine twists and he is quickly lost to sight.

After running for a time, he stumbles to a stop, sides heaving. He felt weak, knowing he had gone too long neglecting his body. He worried he wouldn't even be strong enough to hunt, but knew blood would help him best now.

First, though, he would eat what he could find, surely there was some dried grass or . . .

A rabbit darts away from his approaching hooves and instinct has him moving. In a quick pounce, hooves flashing, slashing, the rabbit screams. Latch winces, not a clean kill. But another stomp and its pain is over.

Lowering his head, he let's the thick, rich warmth fill his mouth. He almost stops, wondering what Phoenix would feel if she could have seen him. But he needs the sustenance. The rabbit was small, but it gave him some strength, enough to find some clumps of brown grass under melting snow. His belly finally full, he sighs.

It had been weeks, he was fairly certain. And he didn't remember spending any time on his mane, his coat . . . Looking down he could see caked mud and clumped fur, even a few flecks of dried blood. The places the wolf had bitten were healed, but the fur hadn't completely regrown. And his smell, now that he thought about it . . .

And Phoenic has seen him like this! Latcho was horrified at the idea.

It took some time to find a stream with a trickle of water under ice thin enough to break. He tried not to get too wet, to let the cold sink too deep. But he was thin, his fat reserves depleated and the chill sank into his bones. His tentacles stayed close to his head, more vulnerable to the cold. His mane was a mess. If he had taken a blade, as most of his family did, he would have cut it off, so he didn't have to mess with the tangles. As it was, he just gathered it and hoped it didn't look too aweful.

Finally he was as ready as he was going to be. And he stood there. Ten breaths passed, twenty . . . She was waiting for him, she said she would. If she was there, if he hadn't lost his mind. But if he was crazy, wasn't that better than the darkness he'd been living in? But if she was there . . . Maybe he should stay away?

No! No, not again! She had followed him, and he . . . He couldn't help but feel drawn back to her. Maybe he was a monster, maybe she deserved better. But she was there anyway. And this time . . . This time he would couldn't turn away.

That decided, he flaired his wings, gave them a great shake before letting them settle again, and headed back towards where she waited.

Phoenix . . . He didn't understand why, but he was going to grab hold and never let her go.

Coming back into view, he just stops to look her over. His miracle standing in a muddy ravine for him. He didn't think he had ever seen a more beautiful sight. His heart full, he couldn't stop staring, knowing his eyes were ringed in red and not caring. She wouldn't run, he finally believed it.

"Phoenix . . . ". Latcho's voice soft but echoing in the ravine, he had no other words but the whisper of her on his heart.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:44 pm
When he left, a huge sigh of relief left her and she wondered what he would do. Would he come back? If he didn't? Would she chase him again? "....No." Her heart couldn't possibly take it. Her stubbornness could only take her so far and the little flame in her heart couldn't possibly keep burning without him. She wasn't sure what drew her to him, all she knew was she was cold when he wasn't there, but burned in his presence.

She jumped about a mile when he returned, having been so engrossed in her thoughts, the sound of hooves brought her jolting back, literally. She looked up and found him staring at her, and she couldn't bring herself to break the hypnotic hold he had on her. When he spoke her name she found herself being pulled towards him. Her eyes drank in his appearance as she drew nearer until she was a breaths reach away. She smiled up at him, tail curling. "Hey you."

Insane Butterfly

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:00 pm
The smile was slow, as if he pulled it up from under his hooves, but when he finally let it free, his face nearly glowed with it. The red ringing his eyes turns back to a rich brown as the crinkle with his happiness. Voice still a bit gruff, "hey."

There was more to say, so much more, but none of it had words. His eyes caught on hers as he breaths in her scent. "You're here." Well, that was a stupid thing to say, clearly she was here, but his brain wasn't prossesing much past her standing there, looking up at him with those amber eyes and amazing freckles.

"I . . . " Latcho clears his throat. "I guess we should . . . " His expression turns to a scowl and he looks down, his every like speaking of grumpy ferocity. But his words, though gruff, speak to his uncertainty.

"I don't know. I don't know what to do now. I . . . What do you want from me?" Someone standing even a few yards away wouldn't see the soft vulnerability in his eyes for the tense muscles, furrowed brow, and apparen battle ready posture. But Latcho's eyes meet Phoenix's and he let's her see him, his hesitant yearning.

Latcho never really opened up to those outside his family. But she had followed him, found him, and made him believe. He didn't know what he was doing, but he would do his best never to hurt her. And that started with letting her see past the walls he put up to keep out the world.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games