Submit

Beckinsale for hire?
  Yes
  No
  Don't care *rolls into Morph Ball and rolls away*
View Results

ayukichan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 am
If John Woo has his way and the Metroid movie gets made, and somehow he hires Underworld director Len Wiseman (who made the Metroid Prime Hunters ad, btw), do you think Kate Beckinsale would make a great Samus? Most likely it will be a CG film since there's no possible actress to match Samus's height (she's above 6 feet tall). Still they need motion capture for CG films, so given her Underworld experience Beckinsale would do well performing Samus's moves (along with a bit of technological enhancements).

Anybody agree or disagree? Discuss.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:02 am
Oh, and chances are this is pretty likely since Beckinsale is married to Len Wiseman after all. 3nodding  

ayukichan

TurMacar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:14 pm
You have a point that she probably wouldn't actually appear in the movie, so I wouldn't really mind her doing motion capture stuff.

While I would like to see a movie, and John Woo directing it would be a definate plus, there are so many ways they could mess it up horribly it worries me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:20 pm
I Macar
You have a point that she probably wouldn't actually appear in the movie, so I wouldn't really mind her doing motion capture stuff.

While I would like to see a movie, and John Woo directing it would be a definate plus, there are so many ways they could mess it up horribly it worries me.

Thinks of the ways Woo could mess up the movie.

top ten ways that he could ruin the movie:

10. hiring jessica simpson to play as samus and have her ask " is it chicken or is it tuna?"
9. Make samus wear a blue and green suit
8. gives the metroids a line
7. Rewrites the script himself
6. makes it to were samus is really girly and afraid to hunt metroids
5. Have the hulk make a cameo apperance
4. going along with no.7 ,makes samus a space pirate.
3. does the motion capture himself
2. going along again with no. 7, see Future cops.
1. Makes samus a male  

Rockman JET

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:06 pm
get Shingyru Miyamoto and Aunuma to direct the movie, and use actual game motion capture, like Samus' speedy leg movements from running in Super Metroid, the cool HUD look from Samus' POV, and cast someone who can actually play the part who is actually single! so you know, fanboys dont need the guilt of fantasising about a woman who is married. slapping a married woman in the movie with a character who is very atractive is like slapping a "no fan service" sign in, and lots of fans enjoy the fanservice without the guilt.

if an actress is chosen she has to have her hair done BLONDE much like in the Metroid games later releases, expecially like the helmetless Samus trophy in Super Smash Bros Melee(Japanese version). Samus standing at over 6 feet is kinda a surprise, as I thought she stood shorter than that. if they do make a Metroid movie, it would be best recomended to have it done in the glorious style of ANIME. motion capture CGI and use 2D anime effects like in the Kirby TV series and make the movie worth viewing, starting from the begining such as how Samus became who she is today, starting with her upbringing on a space colony that was attacked by Space Pirates, and then her training from the Chozo(bird people) in the ways of the bounty hunter as well as include a blood transfusion sequence(as Samus gained the Chozo benefits through a blood transfusion by popular beleif), and progress Samus through her training, and end at the ned of her first mission. I would suggest making the movie 4 hours long so as nothing is left out. ^_^ at least half an hour dedicated to the begining of Samus' story stopping at the end of the first hour, and make the rest of the movie be about Samus' first mission, and much of Samus' lines being vocal recordings of her mission progress such as what she did, who she killed, and who is next. ^_^ up to a final encounter with Mother Brain, and the recovery of a newborn Metroid that follows Samus around to her escape, and then leave room for the next movie, with Samus being a little fond of the infant Metroid as aware she will bring it to scientists for research, with a scary overshadowing of Ridley intent to recover the metroid for dark purposes. ^_^ it would freak me out. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:14 pm
xD What do you mean by technological enchancements?
Breast reduction? >_>

Agreed.  

N t e r

TurMacar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:05 pm
Just remembered this a little while ago but a year or so ago a friend and I were talking and we thought that Jennifer Gardner would be a good person to play/voice Samus. She definately proved she can do the physical stuff and have an attitude in Alias and while she's not that tall (in the off-chance they actually did do Live-Action) she does bear some slight resemblence to the Samus from Fusion/Zero Mission with her hair blonde.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:59 pm
I Macar
Just remembered this a little while ago but a year or so ago a friend and I were talking and we thought that Jennifer Gardner would be a good person to play/voice Samus. She definately proved she can do the physical stuff and have an attitude in Alias and while she's not that tall (in the off-chance they actually did do Live-Action) she does bear some slight resemblence to the Samus from Fusion/Zero Mission with her hair blonde.

You mean the girl who played in the Dare devi movie, the one with the sai'sl?  

Rockman JET

TurMacar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:31 pm
Rockman JET
I Macar

Um...I think so but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:12 pm
@N t e r: No, I mean to enhance her breasts..... rolleyes

Seriously what I mean is that Kate can pull off her own stunts and they'd use computer effects to enhance the effects, because obviously you can't jump as high as Samus or dash as fast in real life.

I Macar
Rockman JET
I Macar

Um...I think so but I'm not sure.

Garner I don't think would make a good Samus in my opinion. Why? Well I just don't like her for one thing, being related to Oaffy Affleck (you know who I'm refering to.....) Also her acting is a bit, um, stiff. She'd be good at stunts but that's it.

Eh, then again Hollywood is dumb and perverted and will hire anybody who just looks hot..... sweatdrop  

ayukichan

Owl and Pussycat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:46 pm

I was originally thinking Michelle Pfeiffer would make a good Samus.
She's really tall.. so that might work. Although she's getting old..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eh? Eh?

But I don't know now.
As long as Angelina Jolie doesn't play her.

I was also thinking Uma Thurman for awhile.
I think she's pretty cool, or maybe even Keira Knightley.
[Domino anyone?]

Hmm... I'm sure there were other actresses I liked... maybe Carmen Diaz? I'm mostly thinking of how they look, ie./ how tall they are, eye colour, hair colour, and also how much I like them XD

I don't care for Jennifer Garner. Don't know why, I just don't like her. And she has brown eyes. Samus has blue eyes. Don't talk to me about contacts, natural looks like 100 times better.

Erm... hmmm... or maybe even a totally new actress could do it. Someone out of an independant film or something.

Why only think about film actresses too?
What about using an actress from tv?

What about Kathryn Morris form Cold Case?

Meep.

I dunno =p

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:23 pm
You are genius Samus. heart

I would've never thought of those women.

My Opinion: Keira or Uma

ayuki: Samus doesn't have large breasts, Beckinsale would need breast reduction. Many athletic women have small breasts, since Samus is extremely athletic her breasts won't grow as large.  

N t e r

Owl and Pussycat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:53 pm
N t e r

ayuki: Samus doesn't have large breasts, Beckinsale would need breast reduction. Many athletic women have small breasts, since Samus is extremely athletic her breasts won't grow as large.

What are you talking about?!

Samus has huge boobs!

HUGE I say!

User Image
Zero Mission Action Figure.

It's the best boob picture I have.
All the others don't show all of her boobs.

I've told you before she has big boobs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:02 pm
[.SamusAran.]
N t e r

Samus has huge boobs!

HUGE I say!

User Image

well would she be taken off her suit in the movie because if not then there is no reason to question the size of the actress.  

Rockman JET

ayukichan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Rockman JET
[.SamusAran.]
N t e r

Samus has huge boobs!

HUGE I say!

User Image

well would she be taken off her suit in the movie because if not then there is no reason to question the size of the actress.

Ok, ok. Enough of the boob talk please! xd  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces