Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
DexNav Chaining (ORAS)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:06 am
So recently I set my sights on getting a shiny team and I looked up the best ways for it in current gen. I am familar with methusda (or however you spell it) method and already have a japanese ditto for it however I read about DexNav Chaining and I was wondering if anyone knew which way was POSSIBLY faster. I know it's really all up to random chance but I couldn't find any odds for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:34 pm
DexNav chaining is faster than the Masuda method.

*Masuda method + Shiny Charm: 0.1% chance of hatching a shiny (less than 1%; imagine how much lower it is without the shiny charm...).
*DexNav chaining + Shiny Charm: 2.9% chance, assuming a max chain of 40 (with a max chain of 40, it's normally a 0.9% chance without the shiny charm).

Plus, you have a better chance of getting lucky encountering a shiny in the wild than with breeding. I encountered both a shiny Wingull and a shiny Lotad in less than an hour while I shiny hunted about two weeks ago (this was without the shiny charm, btw). So yeah, less time consuming this way.

Good luck with your quest for a shiny team!

Prismatic B

Enigmatic Heart

41,715 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Regular Attendee 100
  • Very Thankful 25

Hex Sableye

Newbie Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:49 pm
Ive heard that dexnav chaining is kinda like how the friend safari had an increased chance. I believe its a set rate, it doesnt increase yhe longer the chain gets. I have a shiny charm, and my dexnav chain reached 400 at one point and still no shiny. i mustve had bad luck, regardless of who is correct.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:50 pm
Hex Sableye
Ive heard that dexnav chaining is kinda like how the friend safari had an increased chance. I believe its a set rate, it doesnt increase yhe longer the chain gets. I have a shiny charm, and my dexnav chain reached 400 at one point and still no shiny. i mustve had bad luck, regardless of who is correct.

Last I checked, the chance isn't set, it increases like the poke radar did.
And using DexNav I found a shiny Eevee, Snorunt, and Gible!  

shontik

The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff