Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:37 am
User Image User Image

Silver_tigress18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 am
The child stared at Maya. It was Teiluj's mother. The way she seemed to be so distant was a stark contrast to her own mother. It made V'demhe blink up at the woman. When it was determined that she was indeed going home the little one sighed. "Can I at least stay for a little bit and play with Teiluj?" She was reluctant to leave the pretty colored one. She found her to be interesting and then there was the pup that had come running into the house.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:09 am
Maya sighed visibly as she moved towards the table to sit. "As much as I think you and Teiluj would be good together. "That girl has a mind of her own."

"I can walk with you to the shore V'demhe." Teiluj offered, "We will have to travel through the main Alkidike city Andile before we reach the water. From there you will need to tell us if you're going to Eneke or Amara." Teiluj produced a large sack for her mother to carry.

"I can't stay long though. And can probably only travel with you for a few hours tonight. There is someone here who I can't leave alone for too long. He's badly injured."

Anger showed on Maya's face as she turned away from Teiluj. "You should have left the oban to die."

Silence filled the air before Pacju re-entered the kitchen. Her eyes trained on the youngling. But no growl came with Maya in the room. The purple hide of the Radaku shifted with the muscles underneath in an itch. "Oh! You remember that little one I was playing with. This is his mother." Teiluj darted towards Pacju and bent over to scratch along her spine. "She's going to travel with us would you like to ride her with me."

Teiluj tried to lessen the strange tension in the room and give the girl some excitement to encourage her to head home.

Heras Box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:22 am
Silver_tigress18

V'demhe seemed to frown at Maya. She really was nothing like her own elderly mother. It was strange for her to see. Still, her friend gained her attention once more and she smiled at Teiluj. "I live on Amara. Mother says it's to give the elders peace." It was there that she went into a small fit of giggles. The child did have a habit of being nosy. When Teiluj said there was someone who was injured she tilted her head only to bring it back and stare at the pretty colored one with wide eyes. "You saved an Oban? Why?" There was no disgust or anger in her tone, only mild curiosity.

Talk of travel made her look at the Radaku that had growled at her. "I don't think she likes me. I growled at her." Still, riding on it sounded fun. Made her want one, oddly enough. How did she go about getting one? Her face scrunched up in thought. "Where did you get them? I want one."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 am
Maya frowned and started tying the items in the bag up to the Radaku's along with a fitted saddle. She ran her hand along Pacju's neck humming something all the while. "I'm sorry to do this to you again my friend, you've been through so much and are so strong. When we get home I'll make sure you get a proper rest."

There was a deep long while from the Radaku as Teiluj approached. "It will be ok Pacju, I'll take care of Tao and the others." That didn't seem to stop the Radaku from her whimpering. Turning to V'demhe Teiluj extended her hand out to the girl. She was going to lift her up on the radaku first before climbing up herself. "Pacju doesn't like anyone but Mamma and I, strange as it is. Be glad you can't see the Janarim out back. That creature is mean, it doesn't even like mamma or me."

At the questions about the Radaku Maya seemed to warm considerably. "Pacju the Radaku you see now. I rescued her when I was about Teiluj's age. She in turn granted us with pups not long ago. The one Teiluj calls Tao is one of those pups. I would give you one, but your mother may not agree. Perhaps when you're older you can return."

Heras Box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 am
Silver_tigress18

The whimpering of the radaku made V'demhe feel slightly guilty. She didn't want to be mean to the creature. However, once Teiluj held her hand out she took it and would soon be upon Pacju's back. "Sorry, girl, I didn't mean to take you away from your baby." She spoke the words to the radaku before turning her head to look at Teiluj the best she could. "What is a Janarim?" Since this was her official first time off the island she didn't know what most of the creatures were. Her mother hadn't told her about them yet.

As Maya spoke V'demhe turned to look at the woman. It was a relief to see she could be nice about something. Mention of giving her a pup made the child smile. Knowing she would have to wait she nodded her head. "I'll return. Teiluj is my friend." There was a bright smile on her face now. She had much to look forward to. Seeing her pretty friend again and getting a pup!  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:32 am
once V'demhe had been placed on Pacju's back Teiluj climbed up after her. "A janarim is like a bigger meaner and stronger version of a Radaku." Teiluj responded in as simple terms as she could. She didn't really fully understand the Janarim either, but it was something her mother was interested in.

Maya gave Pacju a nudge once the pair were on her back. Leading her from the house and into the open air of Jauhars forest. "Curiosity like yours can be a good thing. V'demhe, don't let it rule you though." Maya complimented as she walked beside Pacju. Her eyes turned up at the sound of wings overhead. Starline had followed. "Will you take her back?" Maya asked turning to Teiluj.

The prentice nodded as she rode in silence. Her arms were holding the younglilng carefully in place upon Pacju. "I will. She's strong enough now I even put a saddle on her the other day. I'll not make it to Andile with you though, I don't want to deal with them."

Maya seemed satisfied with that and kept them moving forward. "That's fine V'demhe and I can get through, I'll hop up there when you head back. There are still a few hours of light left."

The family pair moved in silence for some time.

heras box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 am
Silver_tigress18

There was something bigger and meaner than a Radaku? V'demhe blinked as she stared down at Pacju. It was interesting that this creature was already considered huge by the child and yet Teiluj had just told her there was something bigger. She wasn't sure how to react to that. Thankfully she didn't have to. The Alkidike woman spoke to her own child and V'demhe followed the conversation. At least as much as she could. There was mention of taking someone home and a saddle as well as Maya riding with her when Teiluj left. "I really wish you didn't have to leave."

Since she was being held in place the little one leaned back and got comfortable against her friend. While silence fell over the traveling party V'demhe seemed to drift in and out of consciousness. It seemed that now the exhaustion of her journey was taking it's toll.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:27 pm
Teiluj felt the weight of the youngling shift. Peaking forward she gave a soft giggle. "I think our silence has put her to sleep. She looks tired." Looking up at the leafy sky Teiluj gave her mother a soft look.

" Now's probably the better time to head back. Before her energy returns and she puts up a fuss that you're leaving again." Maya said with a nod. Moving towards Pacju Maya slowly shifted places with her daughter. "With just the two of us we can run faster" A whistle from the sky had Maya looking upwards. Starline was flying above them keeping her interest on Teiluj. "You've done a good job raising that Kinfa." Maya took notice that her daughters eyes had turned from the gold of day to the emerald of night.

Giving her mother a nod and a smile Teiluj slipped away from the traveling pair, towards her waiting Kinfa. "We haven't flown together yet, but this might be a good time to try. You ready my friend?"

Maya watched as her daughter situated herself upon the Kinfa and took to the leaf covered skies. Giving a wave of her hand before spurring Pacju into a run. She would have to stop in the upcoming town to collect some supplies and to borrow a boat. Secretly she couldn't help hoping that the girls mother had come to the city to look for her.

heras box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:42 pm
Silver_tigress18

The little one didn't notice when Maya switched places with her daughter. She was too busy sleeping. However, when Pacju started to run it stirred her from her slumber. V'demhe gripped onto the Alkidike's arms awkwardly before she noticed it was no longer Teiluj. Now she wore a frown that didn't seem to go away. Her friend hadn't woken her to say good bye. Looking up at Maya she did her best to see the woman's expression. The child had nothing to say to her just yet.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:53 pm
Maya looked down as her arm was grabbed. Looking down at the girls frown, Maya could only guess what was on the younglings mind. "Oh, we thought you had fallen asleep. Had we known you were awake Teiluj would have bid you until she saw you again. She doesn't like waking people when they sleep. Don't worry, I'm sure when you're older you'll see her again."

They were nearing the city now. The firelight glow was just setting in when they reached the outskirts. "We will need to find someone who is willing to lend us a boat. or at the very least take us across. How good is your balance?" Maya slipped off Pacju so only the youngling was riding her. "It's safest if you stay on Pacju while we search on foot."

If she wasn't able to find anything now Maya was debating finding a place for them to sleep. She had a few friends here she could call upon if it was needed. She however didn't want to impose and rather liked being independent.

heras box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:04 pm
Silver_tigress18

She nodded her head. "I was sleeping.. until Pacju started running." V'demhe wasn't used to riding on such a beast and to go fast like that had startled her. Looking forward again she seemed to be more interested in the trees they passed. She was upset she missed her friend, but at the same time she supposed it wasn't a true goodbye.

"My balance is okay." She said as the woman dismounted. V'demhe stayed on the Radaku knowing there was an unspoken order to do so. Counting on her fingers she tried to think of how many days she had been on the mainland. "The boat I was on makes the trip every six days." Looking up the little one tried her best to figure out the time.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:44 pm
Maya raised her eyebrows at the girls information. While usefull it also lacked the proper information for Maya to find anything out. There were several boats that went back and forth. Only resting for a day before going back at it. Several of the strong Alkidikes used it as a way to gain some currency. "Do you know the name of the woman who was at the ores? Or any of the other that might have been aboard?"

Scrunching her eyebrows together thoughtfully Maya figured it was probably best to head towards the western part of the city. "Are you hungry?" Maya asked turning to look at the youngling. "It has been several hours since we ate last. There's a good cook not far from here that makes a really good stew."

Heras box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm
Silver_tigress18

At the ores? V'demhe tried to remember. It was tough since she had had to stay really quiet and hidden during the crossing. Slowly she gave a shake of her head. There was no way for her to determine who was rowing. Not even able to give a name. The group that had made the journey had proven non-talkative. This made her look down as if she had failed at something. Maya had a way of making her feel as if she was somehow lacking. At the question of her being hungry she shrugged her shoulders. However, when the woman mentioned stew V'demhe shook her head. "No stew please. Do you have sugar cane?" It was a favorite snack of hers. Sweet and tangy all at once.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:08 pm
Maya gave the youngling a stern look. Mentally hoping the girls mother had come in search of her. Turning down food probably meant the girl wasn't all that hungry. Especially if she was asking for something sugary. Maya never packed sweets because it had a tendency to bog her down later on. "I don't carry any of that stuff. the sweetest thing I carry is fruit." Debating bringing out one Maya eventually caved and moved to Pacju. Pulling them all to a stop the Alkidike woman reached into a bag to pull out a plump orange fruit. "You can have this. It's a little sweeter than that Teiluj gave you earlier. She doesn't like fruit unfortunately at least not the ones that grow around Ast."

It had been some times since Maya had been around Younglings. And even longer since she had taken an Alkidike under her wing in such a manner. It reminded her a time when Yansa had pulled her aside and asked her help in saving a young baby from the clutches of a creature. She had done so without hesitation then too. She had raised Teiluj in place of her own now dead mothers even though Teiluj was not carrying any of her blood.

Heras Box

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces