Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:50 pm
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:59 pm
Kurage stood on the beach, his hooves in the water. The tide ebbed and flowed around him. The stars shone so beautifully, but they burned his eyes. He could not look at stars without thinking of what he had lost.

Time would pass and heal the wounds, that's what they had told him. As though a broken heart could ever fully mend. When he thought of her, his heart ached until he felt it would shatter. He was adrift on a seas of memories. Everywhere he turned, she was there.

The way the light danced in her hair, the way she shone like stars. That odd sensation of weightlessness she gave him in the pit of his stomach. But now he was heavy, stuck to earth without her.

She was gone.

He questioned whether he could move one. If this was not great love then why would it hurt so bad? And if this were great love then how could he hope to replace it with a paltry imitation?

The burn in his chest grow and stars merged into one bright orb with his tears.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:16 pm
Qetsiyah floated on her back on the still surface of the ocean. She watched the stars float by like they were ships on an infinite sea. Sometimes she wondered if flying was much swimming? Cutting through water with fins seemed somehow similiar. The water was cold and refreshing to her skin.

She hummed an old song, a song of sirens.

My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold.

The words broke over the still night and she rolled in the water to wet her skin. She kept humming the song lost in thoughts about the infinite sky and sea. On whimsical nights like these she wondered if she could swim to the edge of the ocean and right into the sky.

But she never spoke these words to others. She would never let he reveries make her seem dreamy or romantic. But when she was alone, she let the walls down and let her mind wander to the mystic.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:18 pm
He heard the distant sound of a ghostly voice wafting over the water. For a moment, he stepped forward to hear better. He was up to his neck before he knew it, but the humming was louder. The words drifted out to him where he stood and he shut his eyes unwilling to speak. The sound was almost unearthly as though the world resonated with it. It filled the empty caverns of his heart as he closed his eyes tight.

I think, this is what peace feels like.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:25 pm
She heard the sound of someone close by but she did not move but treaded water. Her voice faded but she kept up the humming. It was a strange connection. Someone out there was listening in awe of her song and swept away. For the moment it was as though magic existed and she was bound by a single thread to someone she did not know nor ever would.

Qetsiyah sang the song in full with her low voice. She wondered if the legends of sirens were true, if perhaps she was summoning them or they were channeling her? But she would not break the spell. The stars danced in the sky in an intricate dance.

"Oh my jolly sailor bold."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:44 pm
Kurage felt his heart breaking all over again. The vastness of her eyes like galaxies opening up before him. He was lost in her eyes, perhaps in some small way, he always would be lost in her eyes. Lost to her.

He stepped deeper into the water until the waves hit his chest hard over and over again. It felt like his heart breaking again. There was something soothing about it though, something he couldn't' quite understand. It was as though he was giving his heart to the ocean. Maybe he was.

But for a moment everything hurt and nothing did.

The salty tears streamed down his face and mixed into the salty ocean.

The song drifted out over him, clear in the night air. In it, he heard the death of his love for her. Because she was gone and there was nothing to be done about it.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 pm
Qetsiyah could hear his quiet crying. And who hurt you so? What did they do to you? She kept her eyes to the sky, drinking in the silence. Perhaps her song would bring him comfort, perhaps it would console him unlike the mer mare in the song.

She rolled in the water and dove deep, wetting her dry skin thoroughly before she surfaced again. Then slowly, she rose above the water and faced the shore.

Her wet hair curled around her face slightly. Her eyes searched the horizon only to find him closer than she thought. He was out to his chest in the water not thirty yards away.

She did not know if he could see her clearly, or if it was only her silhouette.

Qetsiyah's voice dipped low, the sound carrying across to him

Upon one summer's morning,
I carefully did stray.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 pm
He watched as the creature (was she a mer? Or a siren? Or both? Or neither?) turned toward him. He could see her hair pale as bone beneath the moonlight, as though it bleached out all the color. Her song drifted to him across the breeze, more beautiful and haunting as it went on.

It was as though what she was singing was sung just for him. The song told of love that spurned coin or convention. The way of loving someone who you could not hold, and hoping that they might return to you safe.

But that's a song, he realized. A fine song, but not a fine life to be spent waiting.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:53 am
Qetsiyah smiled at him, though he probably could not see her smile. Shadows fell across her face. The song swam through her veins like something alive. The words echoed around them in the stillness. She had never felt the power of a song before, the allure of it like ghostly fingers beckoning her. For one still moment, she was the girl. She was Maria watching the stallion leave her for an adventure, but for her it was not the sailor she lost to the sea. It was to the land. His back receding before her as she wondered if she would ever see him again. Surely, he would come. That was love's promise, sweet and pure--to come again.

While up aloft in storm,
From me his abscence mourn.
And firmly pray arrive the day,
He home will safe roam

She sank slowly into the ocean, her last refrain carrying across the space between them.

My heart is pierced by Cupid,
I disdain all glittering gold,
There is nothing can console me
but my jolly sailor bold.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out