Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Orb of Kendar Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:58 pm
The town of Clearwell. Known for its peace and prosperity, first and foremost. Settlements this far from the castle had a reputation of being more vulnerable to attacking monsters, yet, reportedly, Clearwell has maintained a reputation of being safe from such attacks for nearly a century. Other settlements rely on walls, or a large militia, to maintain their safety, Clearwell has neither of these - just a handful of guards to discourage traveling riffraff.

Now this is where you come in. Be it together or separate, or some combination thereof (I leave the decision in your capable hands, adventurers!), you arrive in Clearwell, after a day-long march from the city of Skymar.

What has brought you to this troubleless town? Is this your destination, or but a rest stop for a much longer journey?

The town is quiet when you arrive, and you take note (probably with surprise, if this is your first visit here!) how spread out all the buildings are, and how casual everyone is, as if they had not a worry in the world. The closest thing they have to defenses, are fences to keep the livestock from roaming the peaceful countryside unattended. Currently, the sun is setting in the west, giving you less than an hour until dusk.

What do you do upon your arrival here?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:34 am
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

"Thanks, you can drop me off here." The small horsedrawn wagon came to a stop and out of it jumped a girl with horns on her head and a thin mobile tail. She looked quite young and was small in both height and frame. She wore a large traveling cloak that billowed a bit in the wind and showed the simple blouse and skirt underneath. Her skin was pale and her messy, shoulder length hair was strawberry blond. She surveyed the sleepy town before her with her large, crystal blue eyes. It was far cry from the busy city she had just came from. She picked up her staff, hoisted her heavy adventurer kit to her back and chirped, "Yes! This is exactly what I need!"

The horned girl turned and waved to the driver of the cart before beginning to triumphantly walk down the road, humming to herself as she did so. She had overslept and gotten a late start this afternoon so she was lucky to have gotten the ride. Then again, she'd known it wouldn't have been too hard. Being small and adorable had its advantages, and one of them was free rides from men. If any of them got too cheeky, she would just singe them a little. She was a tiefling after all, and though she looked far more human than most, it was still in her blood. She would not let anyone forget that.

After walking a bit she came up to a guard on the outskirts of town. Smiling a little sheepishly she asked. "Hi, uh... sir. Where can I go to procure sleeping arrangements for this evening? Night comes near and I do not want to be caught out in the dark."

She felt a little shy talking to the guard. She knew she was doing nothing wrong. In fact she had even gotten permission from the academy to take this time off, just not from her parents. It wasn't as if this guard was going to rat her out to her folks. Even though she knew it was impossible, it still made her nervous.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:07 am
The eladrin looked down at the crude, hand drawn map the bartender from the flea infested dive in the city gave him and then looked at the tiny little hamlet he was assured would pay for a defender. Alfgeirr let out a deep sigh as he walked towards the inn. Hopefully this job would pay as well as it was promised to.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:39 pm
Mikah, the faithful seeker.

Mikah climbed down from the hay-loaded wagon. The man riding it had been very nice offering her to take her to Clearwell, thus, she was greatly thankful to him. With a caravan and many blessings to him and his very honest work she said goodbye to him, turning around to explore the town in front of her.

Her amazed bright, green eyes, studied the layout of the city, wishing a good day to any soul that dared cross her path by lightly bowing her head to them, from guards to beggars, merchants and simple by-standers. Her long brunette hair, however seemed to be getting much in her way and decided to braid her hair before walking into a inn, which she had very much stumbled upon by accident.  

Mik4ilah

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Walking along the beaten path that lead into Clearwell was a dwarf 4'8 in stature his hair and beard a dark brown, he stopped infront of the sign that read the towns name "This is where Bryna said she would be, i wonder if she's arrived before me." Reaching behind him, he grabbed a piece of cloth that was hanging off the side of his bag, he braught it to his forehead and wiped off the sweat he had aquired from his non stop traveling, his body was sore and begging for some rest so he began to wander through the streets in search of an inn.

He noticed just how few guards there were for a town so far away from any castle, it was odd to say the least but that question was for another day, he needed to rest and he needed to find Miklah. Once the inn was finally found Dwalin stepped inside.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:01 pm
Clearwell, for the most part, was doing well for itself from what you could see. It was mostly a well-developed farming community, but without the apparent threat of monsters, they were able to expand and prosper and build up more than similar out-of-the-way settlements could afford to. In fact, a good amount of food for the region comes from here.

So there was more trade going on than you may be accustomed to seeing so late in the day. Were they spared from all terror, even under the cloak of darkness? That was the impression you probably got, since it didn't look like anyone was in a hurry to get into shelter, preferring to continue trading in the market.

Ambra, finding a guard wasn't too much trouble. He would be watching the going-ons of traders, like the one you arrived with, looking for thieves, while not once looking over his shoulder to the rapidly-darkening woodline.

"Oh! Hello, young miss," said the guard... a human, who honestly looked your age, even though you didn't look his. Casually clad in piecework armor, he politely nodded to you, his helm sliding slightly, causing him to readjust. "Out of towner? We normally have some Tieflings who trade with us pretty frequently, but none since... early this morning, I believe. Have you come by yourself?"

After her response, the guard would respond to her question in turn. "Well, if you're an early-to-bed type, I can understand, but Clearwell's the last place you'd need to be worried about that. No monsters attack us here, you're plenty safe. But whenever you do want to turn in," the young man would start to explain, kneeling down slightly as if she were a kid and pointing toward the center of town, "... that way there is where you want to go. We only have one inn, the Cat's Cradle. Most people are pleased with its service. Three story building, across from the tavern. 'Round bout now, it's probably getting a bit noisy, so follow your ears to the tavern if you're get lost."

He would again smile politely.

Let me know if you go straight to the inn. If you do, amongst a couple other people, you will spot a young half-elf girl dressed like a hunter or woodsman who seems to be waiting for someone, and a heavily-equipped high elf currently having words with the innkeeper, who was explaining to him about cartographic and calligraphic attrocities and about some place called Dearwell.

When you do finally get there, a few minutes thereafter, a ragged, sweaty dwarf stumbles into the inn.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

"Oh, yes. I am by myself." Ambra responded, chipper. She felt less intimidated now that she saw the guard was about her age. "I'm from the mage academy in Skymar, you see! I'm on break right now so I decided to visit some of the outlaying towns." Ambra could tell the guard thought she was younger than she actually was, but she didn't mind. She only bothered to correct people about her age if they were using it as an excuse to be demeaning towards her. Usually their mistake would work to her advantage.

As the guard pointed towards the Inn, Ambra decided to play along and gazed intently in that direction with her large blue eyes. "Ah, yes; I think I understand where to go now, thanks!" Ambra bid the guard adieu and then bounded off towards the inn with a spring in her step. She figured she might as well get her room first. She doubted an inn in a little town like this would be booked for the night already, but better safe than sorry. Despite what the guard had said, she didn't want to have to find a hay bale to sleep on for the night.

Ambra triumphantly walked into the Cat's Cradle, only to find the innkeeper was busy having a conversation with am armorclad Eladrin. Not wanting to interrupt she decided to wait until they were done to book her room. Gazing around the inn, she noticed a Half-elf ranger that looked similar to her in age, or at least the age Ambra should have looked like. She figured it would be nice to talk to another girl while she waited so she bounded over to the Half-elf and enthusiastically introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Ambra from Skymar. You must be a traveler like me! What brings you to Clearwell? Are you waiting to get a room too?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:47 pm
"OK, I get it." exclaimed the exasperated Eladrin. "There is no town named Fear Blotter.....but do you know if there's work here for ones such as myself? The guy at the Inky Kraken said something about work being here but..."

With that, Aelgeirr shrugged. "Atleast let me know how much a room is for the night. I guess I'll have to stay here that long..."

OOC: Diplomacy +1 to avoid coming off as a total hoser here ><
Results: 18  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Mikah had been anxiously waiting for his father's friend for some time now. She had received a letter from her mother telling that Dwalin was in his way and that she should wait for him at Clearwell. However, the sun was setting and she was starting to grow worried, when a girl's voice called her attention. Instantly the girl straightened her posture, turned her eyes at the voice and smiled. She turned around to find a girl that seemed a bit to young to be traveling alone, then again, she could be older than it looked.

Hello! Ambra from Skymar, I am Mikah Angelique from the eastern forest.- The ranger girl made a slight caravan to Ambra before answering her questions.- Yes I am a traveller and... I'm looking for someone, I am waiting for somebody... I'm sorry, It is a delicate subject I rather not speak about that.- Mikah hesitated worried about perhaps being to rude.- I apologize for sounding too dry. I would still love to chat with someone. Why did you left Skymar?.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:56 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Ambra laughed as Mikah said her name. "It's okay; you can just call me Ambra." The tiefling slipped her heavy adventurer's kit from her slender shoulders and let it fall to the ground with a thud. She then sat down on top of it and continued speaking. "It's all right; you don't have to discuss anything personal with me. You just looked lonely over here so I thought I would come over say hi. I'm only temporarily away from Skymar. I attend the mage academy, you see, but I got some time off. I had my fill of dusty tomes and lecture halls. I wanted to get out and see the world a bit, so here I am now!"

For a moment there, Ambra thought she was going to get the cold shoulder but she was excited that the girl decided to talk to her. She always liked meeting new people. She couldn't help but be curious about what the girl was being so shy about but she knew better than to push it on a first meeting with someone.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:07 am
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Once he was inside the inn he sighed happily as he could finally get the rest his body was screaming at him for, taking a quick moment to look around he saw an Eladrin talking to the innkeeper so he would have to wait to book his room, looking around abit more he saw two girls talking to each other, he had no idea who the girl sitting on her pack was but he knew the other girl, after all she had to be Mikah. Dwalin walked over to the two girls, a huge smile on his face "Well, if it isn't Mikah all grown up, i haven't seen you since you were a little baby. I doubt you remember me so introductions are in order, I'm Dwalin Vikramsson, former captain of the guard in Wraitheim, Your mother told me about what happened and where you were headed, i'm sorry that your father disappered we were really close friends."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:15 am

Mikah smiled at her.- How considerate of you!- The mage academy had some fame even in her small village, she could recall one of her mother's student setting out there.- Oh yes the mage school in skymar! the biggest pride of my little village was a good boy who studies there.

The ranger girl was getting into the conversation when a dwarf came into the Inn. She turned around to see who was it, hopefully Dwalin had arrived. The woman's face brightened when the dwarf presented himself. It was a warm sensation, his presence managed to lift her spirit, but then, her father. Mikah looked down and crossed her arms.- I'm glad you came master Dwalin, I just don't know what to do and I'm worried for him.- The girl unsheathed a eagle-headed dagger and offered it to Dwalin.- It's his dagger, It's the last track I got from him.- She realized she was perhaps going to fast to and tried to slow down.- Oh but where are my manners? Master Dwalim, this is Ambra from Skymar, Ambra this is Dwalin Vikramsson, a friend to my family.  

Mik4ilah

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:24 pm
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Master Dwalin? Her calling him that made him let out a loud laugh "Please my dear, drop the formalities you can call me Dwalin, our families are no strangers though to you i guess we would be." When he noticed the dagger she had unsheathed it braught back some good and bad memories "Oh i haven't seen this thing in many years, it's good to see he kept it in good condition. Did your father ever tell you about how he aquired this dagger? He took the dagger from her hands and examined it closesly, he was clearly off in his memories only braught out of it when his name was mentioned "Ah yes, hello Ambra, terrible business this is."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

As the tired looking dwarf came over to them Ambra immediately liked him. Her bases for this was based on one fact. He was shorter then her. This was a rare occurrence for Ambra, one she relished whenever it popped up. However her fantasies of height superiority quickly vanished as the Dwarf mentioned the reason behind their rendezvous. Suddenly Ambra felt very out of place.

"Ah yes...that is terrible news indeed." Ambra meekly responded. The seriousness of the conversation caught her off guard. She was not exactly sure how to react. For years Ambra had done her best to keep her parents at arm's length. She couldn't imagine how it would feel to suddenly lose one of them. At least she was no longer curious. She decided it was best for her to keep quiet while Mikah and Dwalin hashed out their business.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm
"Like I said, sir, you're unlikely to find work here befitting a mercenary-or-adventurer type. I'm sorry you were led astray, I really am, but all I can offer you is the room - six silver pieces a night, with a discount if you wish for an extended stay - and I can only give my word that this town is a peaceful one, without a single problem to speak of. You are free, sir, to ask around, but I assure you the answer will be the same... excuse me." The middle-aged woman behind the counter would hold up a single index finger, before turning towards the three of you.

"Are the three of you here for rooms? I'm not sure if you're together or staying separately, but it will be a little bit before we're ready. We're having the maids clean the rooms that were recently vacated, and should be done within the hour. The previous guests were more rowdy than was called for, and we're still wrapping up. There's no one in line ahead of you if you are here for a stay, and we'll have about half a dozen rooms freed up when we're finished."

If any of you confirm this, she will add, "Rather than wait around here, you can head across the street to the Silver Spoon, the tavern that most people like to eat at when visiting Clearwell. You lot look like adventurers, if you don't mind me saying, so I think you'll be likely to find others in your profession there, or at least those supportive of it. Adam's cooking staff is top notch, if you have yet to eat. If you do head over, tell him to use Zelda's Apology Discount. He'll understand what that means."

The innkeeper (Zelda, you presume) sounded a bit annoyed, but those with any insight can tell that it's not directed at you.  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff