Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The Bard and the Dancer (Mycena & Lyric Amachi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 pm
This is a private role-play: Currently only two people but owners might add more characters or invite more people to it.

Soquili: More may be added
Mycena | Lyric Amachi

Teepees: More may be added
Yushika | Mindsend

Please send your Uncert to Mindsend so she can make you a nametag for poor Niss's sake -- you can keep it for future RPs as well!

OR, if you have photoshop (or a nice friend who has it and is willing to help you out), you can make your own, even if you're NOT part of the RP!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5401311/PonySpeechtemplate.zip
typefont: akaPotsley (But feel free to make it whatever font you want!)

Speech bubble codes for those IN the rp

Lyric (left)
[IMGLEFT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/mindsend/soquili/teepee/bubbles/lyricAmachi.png[/IMGLEFT]

Lyric (Right)
[IMGRIGHT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/mindsend/soquili/teepee/bubbles/lyricAmachiright.png[/IMGRIGHT]

Mycena (left)
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/mindsend/soquili/teepee/bubbles/MycenaLeft.png[/imgleft] [color=#11adac] RP INFO HERE[/color]

Mycena (right)
[imgright]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/mindsend/soquili/teepee/bubbles/MycenaRight.png[/imgright] [color=#11adac] RP INFO HERE[/color]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:09 pm
User Image

It had been a while since Mycena had last gone on an assignment on his own, and this one had been a bit of a Dud. The Knights of Deepwood Circle, the small group of Noble Warriors and Apprentices lead and taught by his father Singeri, had been sent an urgent message for them to send one of their most quick-witted knights back with the messenger for a job. However, when the young stallion arrived behind the flitting bird, the urgent mission he had been given was to help the birds master figure out the meaning of a relatively simple Riddle that had been troubling them for a while, making it difficult to sleep.

To outsiders, the scene of the arrival of a Raccoon riding on the back of a soquili, rushing with minimal rest to keep up with the messenger of this somewhat dim noble, having been told it was a pressing matter of utmost importance, only to find out it was a riddle could be seen as amusing to look at the expression on their face. To those who had lived it, spent three nights traveling what was usually a week long trip rushing to the rescue, it was clear that the two were well deserving of a small vacation, taking their time to return back home and ease their muscles and minds of the frustration.

And thus, a few trinkets richer but otherwise mildly miffed, Mycena took a sideline to go to small rocky outcropping he knew of that made a sort of amphitheater and stage. A single tree leaned slightly over the old ruin, providing shade and shelter, while honeysuckle grew over the rubbley rock wall that was the last remains of an old stone building that created the formation.

He bonelessly flopped up against the rock pile to enjoy the cool stone and shade of the tree as his traveling companion, a Raccoon Minstrel by the name of Adomorn Homeforger, tuned his lute as he strummed a melody, leaning against his Soquili brother's chest, the raccoons eyes shut as he listened to the strings warm melodies, tuning and playing short bursts of song as he warmed his fingers.

The wind rustled the leaves of the oak, the occasional old leaf shedding from the fresh growth to float across the stage and tickle on the hair and coats of the travelers, the honeysuckles sweet scent warmed by the breeze, sparking the imagination of the Raccoon as he began to play with new melodies, trying to figure out something he liked, until it seemed to develop into a structured melody.

Relaxing, Mycena smiled and also closed his eyes as he listened to the improvised melody and began to sing along with the song that was developing between them, allowing the corner of rock he was draped against amplify his voice, singing a song of Warm Honey and Milk, rich furs and silk, of Incense and spices, the two working together to paint a picture of exotic, fantastical sights and grand adventures as a sort of escape from the non-adventure they had just wasted a few hard days travel rushing towards, unaware of anyone nearby who might hear their song.

Yushika
SORRY FOR THE WAIT ON THIS! OMG!

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:28 pm
User Image Lyric had a moderately uneventful life, if you didn't include the skinwalker meeting as a foal. He had left home at a young age, not out of malice or unwant but instead a deeper need to explore and become the stallion he was meant to be. He had, for a long time, traveled, unaccompanied and undistracted. If anything he was a disappointment to the Amachi name, lacking an adventure to tell should he ever return home or meet another. Still, he liked it this way; he could just explore. Nothing could stop him or warrant a pause in his quiet adventure. He was on his own, and it was a wonderful experience.

However, he had forgotten about dancing during his travels. He had, for the longest time, been focusing on going forward. He rarely paused long enough to lift his feet and fall into his favorite activity. His body occasionally would remind him of its need to dance, but Lyric would forget within minutes, thrown back into the pondering of where next to go. His body tried to remind him through dreams and he'd simply shake it off. And now, again, he was traveling, forgetting the thing he was born to do.

The sound of soft bells chiming rang throughout the air as he trotted through the terrain, eyes focused on the ground. For a second he didn't hear the sound of music, too intent on not tripping over a stone or losing his way. For a second he paused, lifting a hoof over the root of a tree, giving himself enough time to hear the sound of a melody and.... a voice?

His heart skipped at the tone, enchanted. His head snapped up, one hoof raising as he felt the familiar ache run through his limbs. He wanted to dance, and yet in the back of his mind he could hear a soft warning. Someone was singing, which meant another living soul was nearby. Did he dare? What if he was caught? The shame that would unravel would be humiliating, but the voice was so beautiful. So enchanting.

He was lost, body gracefully falling into a dance that ignited from the depths of his heart, bells chiming along to the song and blending, almost as if they added to the melody. Oh, how he had missed this. How long had it been since he neglected his gift? How long would it be after this?

Lyric had become lost in his dance, a peaceful and bliss smile across his features. He needed this. He almost forgot about his passion for dancing.

mindsend
I AM SO SORRY. Bam hello RP!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:37 pm
User Image
The light bouncy melody, so sweet and calm yet full of life that allowed for dance seemed to form song to join in the dance and in their adventure, energy returning to the exhausted duo. As the one song ended, Adomorn gave his friend a nudge before standing smoothly from his seat on the soquili's legs to play the last remaining notes.

The Raccoon then winked and began playing the notes of a faster, but more familiar song -- a Song from the play that had sparked Mycena's imagination as a young colt when performed by the herd his mother had been part of, the reason he became a Bard and a Knight under his father rather than follow the priesthood like his mother.

Standing up, the Stallion swished his tail and faced an imaginary audience, unknowingly facing towards a member of the family that had once performed this very play in his youth and admired greatly, the young Amachi hidden for the moment. While the Shroom backed stallion couldn't remember the spoken words exactly leading up to the song, he did his best.

"I shall impersonate a man. Named Alonso Quijana. A country squire no longer young." Mycena thought back to the blue stallion with the blond hair standing beside his peach colored son -- since then Cabriole had been captured by a flock of hippogryphs but chose to stay in that herd, so the knight had not seen that young stallion since foal hood. Mecho had such a rich voice, "Being retired he reads extensively, studies them from morn and through the night. He is angered by what he reads, which fills him with indignation at the murderous way men treat one another."

Traveling across the artificial amphitheater's stage, he pretended to scowl though couldn't keep joy from his heart -- after such a frustrating mission he could understand that anger, but now with the music it was almost amusing 'He ponders this, Wondering how to make a better world where the cruel win and the good are cast aside."

He paused for a moment, trying to remember the gist of the next part. It had been so long since he had seen the play, and while he knew the song by heart the spoken bit before it was still mostly by vague memory. The pause only lasted a second before he continued "He then casts away his sanity and births a concept -- to become a Knight Errant, and head forth in search of adventures.."

He squinted slightly -- did I see movement? And hear bells? No, no it couldn't be -- it seemed to just be the spring green of fresh growth in the bushes and a memory. He thought. Brought back to the memory by the faint chime of bells, he switched to a direct quotation, the one part of the lines he knew from heart -- they were in ways his motto, despite the supposed madness of the character who originally thought of them, "To right all wrongs, to mount a Crusade, to raise up the week and those in need. No longer will he be plain Alonso Quijana, but a Dauntless knight Known as!"

He stamped his hooves a few times in rhythm, lifting his head up proud as and his tail just as high, chest puffed out, as his companion strummed more triumphantly to go with it, "Don Quixote De La Mancha!"

He then slipped into a rich song, full of life and action, a young knight pretending to be an aging landkeeper who had slipped the bonds of reality to become, in his mind, a young knight. Laughter, while held back, still flavored his words, making them welcoming and inviting as he danced on the stage, unknowingly dancing with the Amachi stallion, his new position making him visible to the other stallion.

He sang the chorus proudly, smiling warmly and his eyes sparking with more light, "I Am I, Don Quixote The Lord of La Mancha My destiny calls and I go! And the Wild winds of fortune my Carry me Onwards, wither soever they blow. Withersoever they blow, Onward to Glory I goooooooo!"

User Image
Adomorn Jumps onto his Friends back, still playing the snappy melody before Joining in with his part. While it was clear the Raccoon had a nice voice normally, it was obvious that he was playing it up to be campy, "I'm Sancho! Yes I'm Sancho! I'll follow my Master till the end! I'll tell all the world proudly, I'm his squire! I'm his friend!"

The Raccoon laughs and then points forward with his toward the horizon, also not seeing the Amachi who had been dancing to their song.

User Image Energized once more, Mycena started forward as he sang, "Hear me heathens and wizards and serpents of Sin! All your dastardly doings are Past, For a holy endeavor is now to begin and virture shall triumph at La-AAh!"

His quick bolt away from the amphitheater was cut short as he burst through the bushes and had to skid to a stop to keep from plowing into Lyric Amach. Adomorn clung tight to his mane, nearly thrown off by the sudden stop as the music ended abruptly. Sitting hard to keep from plowing forward into the other stallion, Mycena's cheeks flushed hot under the fur of his face. He laughed a bit nervously, smiling sheepishly at the stallion before him -- an attractive and vaguely familiar despite never having met them before stallion at that, which made his rather embarrassing introduction to him all the more embarrassing. He hadn't seen the other stallion dancing, and instead felt like the one caught, "I... Ah.. I hope my singing didn't disturb you... Or.. You know.. Uh... Are you all right, I didn't hurt you or anything?"

He paused, swallowing thickly before trying to give a charming smile, his ears backed sheepishly. It was quite obvious he hadn't spotted the stallion dancing (Or at all until he nearly crashed into him to be entirely honest) and so Lyric had the upper hand. I should at least offer my name, introduce myself He thought before simply blurting out "Mycena."

He seemed to melt into the ground, as his front legs slid forward as his face felt like it steamed "I mean. My name is... Mycena..

Yushika
TAG!

OOC: The song they're singing is "I, Don Quixote" from Man of La Mancha. I thought it was fitting of them and it would fit. The lines of the introduction Monologue is the most part are just sort of... Made up to get the point across but not be very accurate, since he had been a foal when he first saw it. He finds the introduction important lol XD

Wordcount
Mycena (not counting things jacked directly from the song/play): 860
Adomorn (not counting things jacked directly from the song/play): 64

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items