Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[prp] Hero or Vilian (Raken and Menolly City rp) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image

A lot was going on, it seemed like nothing then all of the sudden a lot! Menolly was taking time t walk the streets, unable to get anyone to go with her, she was alone. There were still the odd flyer here and there. They were the call to gather items for the Guardians. Even looking at the, she took the long way around to keep going. It made her wonder about her father, would he go on the trip? Was he even still well? She hadn't seen her family in a very long time.

Life here had been good though, she enjoyed things that reminded her a lot of the HQ of her childhood. Lights and a library and pae everywhere! Much better then traveling alone.

There was so much buzz, about the hero that destroyed a tree. The story didn't make sense to her. What did a tree do and why was destroying it a good thing? There was a lot she missed but bits and pieces were coming from here and there. They say the hero was a hero, he must be then?

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:14 pm
User Image

Of course as soon as Raken was well enough to leave the medical pae building, he was set up with his own house. They advised it best to keep his head low, and of course he obliged. He was a wanted demon now by the faun race. He had to keep quiet about his family ties and hope they were safe on the outside.

But even though he stayed inside and kept to himself, word spread like wildfire in the City. When he came out to get food from the local markets, gifts were at his doorstep, and pae along the way either stared or asked for an autograph. An autograph! The times he had to spell his name prior could fit on one hand, but now he doubt he could count as high as the amount had grown to. Was this what it was like to be famous? He'd read about it, but the actual implementation to his life was a little disconcerting. He liked his solitude, his books, his alone time. This new addition in his life did not suit that.

Today was no exception as he stepped out for another grocery run. As he could not leave the City, he could no longer hunt and had to rely on the local vendors for subsistence. He hated that, but it reminded him of old HQ. Not having to worry about blankets, food or lighting. He also moved away from HQ soon after reaching adulthood.

As he moved through the throng of people, flashing the occasional smile at pae who called for him. It was one such smile that caused him not to look where he was going, and lightly brush his arm up against an angel. He immediately looked to the female. "Oh, my apologies. Didn't see you there."

Evilsilverdragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:24 pm
Going about her merry way, Menolly was jolted when someone touched her. With so many pae around, it wasn't completely unexpected. Even so, it still surprised her enough to jump a little, her small wings flaring. There was no anger in her golden eyes. Instead, she drew in a breath and excitedly called out "Hi! Great to see you!" There was no recognition but joy all the same.

Brightly, the angel smiled and bounced a little in place over joyed to meet whoever this was. It didn't matter that she didn't know him, he was treated like a friend she hadn't seen in a while. Without asking she reached out to shake his hand, no hesitation at all.

Taking stock for a moment, she didn't note he was a demon with some cool markings of his own but couldn't recall ever seeing him before. All was well, there he was a new friend now as far as she was concerned.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 pm
After a flash of confusion on the females part, she was all smiles and joy. Like pure sugar. Was she related to his sister Dayht?

As long as she wasn't another superfan he was happy. It had been ages since he had a normal conversation with a pae. So the male took her hand and gave it a warm shake. "A pleasure to meet you. Have we met before?" She didn't seem to be a fan girl, but she also greeted him with a friendliness he didn't expect from a stranger.

evilsilverdragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:45 pm
Delighted he shook her hand, she bounced more in place. Her answer was a prefect one, "Not yet!" They just hadn't met yet by that point. That was no mark against him at all. The rest of the pae around them disappeared, all she was paying attention to was her new friend.

There were manners taught her, and she finally remembered them, "I am Menolly!" At this point she hadn't released her hold on his hand, he could do so if he wished but she wasn't initiating it.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:54 pm
Pae were leaving him alone? Maybe they saw their hero talking to a pretty girl and...

he'd take it. "I'm Raken." Well, if she didn't know who he was before, she certainly knew now. After their handshake, he was still holding her hand. Awkward. He male quickly let go. "I was on my way to the market. Would you like to accompany me?" She seemed to be his good luck charm against the masses.

Evilsilverdragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 pm
His name sounded familiar but at the moment she couldn't place it. Trees were coming to mind but why escaped her. It didn't matter though, a quick shake of the shoulder shook off the idea, "Great to meet you, Raken!" It would come to her why she knew his name, eventually.

As he dropped her hand, there were a few moments of pouting, but she was getting better with taking that in stride. Taking his offer with a bright smile and enthusiastic nod she answered back, "I'd love to!" Maybe she could figure out why he his name sounded familiar while they walked? Hands to her side, she pivoted on her left foot to face towards the market area before asking her new friend, "How are you doing this beautiful day?" Most days here were great, even better with a new friend!

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:33 pm
He was expecting a shout, a gasp, just some sort of change after he spoke his name. After all, he was the cause of probably the biggest event to happen on the island since it fell from the sky. But she didn't. There was no change. Was she new to the city? He exhaled slowly in relief as he turned to resume walking. Not a crazy fan girl. "Doing well. I found a rather interesting book on photosynthesis from the local library and got a good ten chapters in before for errands. Yourself?"

Evilsilverdragon
An interesting book on photosynthesis.... *facepalm*

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:45 pm
Keeping step with Raken, she stayed by his side. Each step had an added bounce but she was still able to keep pace. With a little hum, she looked forward to the path the walked. The name was a still floating around in her head, but had yet to click.

Her attention was drawn right back to her companion in the walk. Books brought up why she loved this place, "The books remind me of the HQ." Not a lot of pae seem to know what she was talking about when she brought it up. Some even doubted that the main island once flew. Often, she wondered if those were dreams or true memories of her childhood. Her home had been right near the HQ. She could still picture her big sister in the library, stressing her poor Daddy out.

"Photosynthesis?" It was a big word, one she had to think about a bit before it hit her, if only why his name sounded familiar would hit her the same, "How plants get energy. That is an interesting topic!" Wasn't one she ever looked much into but he thought it was interesting then it must be!

A chirped answer followed the last part of his question, "I am great, even better now!" Days were always brighter with someone to enjoy them with.

Tartara Seabreeze
rofl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:06 pm
"Wait, Headquarters?" That certainly dated the female. But as surprising as her dropping the abbreviation, what she next said nearly floored him. "Yes...yes that's right." She was similar in an upbeat way to his sister Dayht, but if he said the same thing to her she'd giggle and say it was a funny word. He simply stared at her for a moment before shaking his head to look where he was going. Didn't want to run into any more bizarre pae. "When I am done with it, I can lend it to you. I don't know very many pae who like books so I'm happy to share. The library here is fairly good, but not nearly the capacity as Headquarters was." Which is a good thing he had a few chosen books smuggled out from HQ in his cave from when he first moved out. Else they'd be lost forever.

"Are you new to the City?" He asked as they turned into the marketplace. He almost forgot where they were going in his shock.

EvilSilverDragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:23 pm
He knew about the HQ too? That made her golden eyes widen, it was a rare treat to meet someone that knew about it as well. "I don't think any place has as much as the HQ did." Open her arms out wide to illustrate, she stated, "I remember every door seemed to have endless things behind it. A fridge with everything any pae could ever want. I liked the library." Sunny Jones loved it and she learned to through her. Alone time was never good but if Sunny or another pae was there then she was content sitting and reading beside them.

With wistful joy, she could talk about that place forever! Even now it was clear as day. "Pae weren't as spread out back then." That was the best part, you could go and always find somepae. It wasn't like the world below, it was safe and fun. There were no half bird pae there either, a lot had changed. Too much sometimes, but there were new friends to make.

"I would love to borrow it!"
He offered and that was very kind of him. Maybe she could learn more then answer her father had given her all those ages back. He liked and it was reason enough to look more into it.

"Nope, I've been here since right around when it got really, really cold." With a shiver, her hands when to her arms in memory. Oh the cold was evil. It had never gotten that cold in all of her memory. He knew where he was going so must not be new himself. Though knowing of the HQ ruled out having been born here. "How long have you been here?"

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:50 pm
She really did know about HQ. A smile flashed on his face as his memories linked with her words, bringing him back to the old days. There were so many pae back then that he simply didn't see any more. The island was too large to easily get about. There was Kurt and his own family, and Starry of course, but beyond that...

"That was a horrendous winter. Many pae's crops are still recovering from it." So she wasn't new here, but she still didn't know him? Or at least she didn't care. At all. "Not long, only a few months. To be honest it's...strange for me to adjust. After leaving HQ I lived on the land, so to go back to a similar lifestyle is bizarre. I find I have a lot more free time however." He moved to a rabbit stand and greeted the shopkeep with a nod. "Hello, would you have any hares to spare?" All he had when he came to the city was the pouch he brought along on his mission. He couldn't leave either, so he didn't have much to trade. But the one good thing about being the town hero, was pae tended to be happy with just giving things. So the shopkeep smiled, held up a finger and then reached down to produce two fine rabbits. "Many thanks." When he got off the City, he'd be sure to repay each and every vendor that allowed him to live. But for now, all Raken could do was accept their generosity.

EvilSilverDragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:02 pm
That was a concern. Her mind wondered briefly to her own family. They weren't here so they had to be down there when it was so cold. Of course the survived but she wondered if it was tough on them. Here had been easier to deal with due to the advances not found anymore on the island.

The HQ and her parents proved for her, now this place did about the same. "I do miss the water and the trees. This place reminds me of the HQ, the trees remind me of home." Between the woods and the tree she lived in with Wolfwood for a while, it was a mix of things but not a true feeling of home. Something was off kilter but to disparage this place would be rude.

The vender the met was known to her if only by passing. "Hello!" a sweet smile and warm greeting was all she had for the vender. Though when the vender gave the rabbits to her current companion and that was that, it struck her as strange.

Did he have a tab of some sort or a prior trading agreement? He must have.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:26 pm
"Thank you very much." Raken graciously took the rabbits in one arm before walking further into market alley. "I don't like having to do that, but I have no way of getting trade-able goods up here. And I cannot leave the City yet." Perhaps he could start trading some of the gifts that the superfans left on his doorstep.

Would they be upset if any saw him trading the items away? That was a thought he'd have to think on seriously. "I feel the same way. I miss the trees below, but you do have every convenience here. Except a t.v. I suppose, but I never watched it myself."

Evilsilverdragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:36 pm
That was a weird response and earned a few blinks and a tilted head, "Why can't you leave?" Granted she hadn't tried her self since getting to the city but as far as she knew it was easy to come and go. There had been scary talk of issues down there. When that talk started, she walked away. The isle was peaceful. Well besides that hero guy who blew up a tree for some reason.

The conveniences were certainly nice. Just thinking about it drew her eyes to the direction of the warm baths. There was one benefit she believed he liked, "I like the lights, the sun doesn't take reading with it." There were candles, she supposed, but those were bad for your eyes. It hurt hers just to think about it.

Cold foods and hot ones, comfortable homes that stayed at nice temperatures were all awesome. The best part was all the other pae. "Down there you could spend days without seeing anypae." The idea of it was distressing, out of habit she grabbed the end of her ponytail and smoothed it with her hands. "Here you can meet new pae all the time!" Down there they may never have met, that would be a shame. He seemed nice and knew about the HQ. That made her feel less out of place.

Tartara Seabreeze

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces