Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:33 pm
User Image

There has been a rumbling from the known seers of the pride that the future is muddy. Some say that its merely how their powers flow, but others are more alarmed. Over the last month, more and more seers have mentioned that they have been seeing odd, dark, and terrifying visions. Though the Pridelands had never depended on the use of seers in their decision making, Tau is concerned over the growing number of reports. He had decided to call a summit for all seers (and non-seers) who are concerned, whether they've had these visions or not. Though the intention is for all the seers to report their visions to Tau at the same time, no one would be turned away. Many seers within the Pridelands are part of large families, and in turn it concerns everyone.

The gathering was on a crisp, clear day. The breeze was quiet, and many bellies were filled with food brought to those gathered. No one knew how long they would be here, so Tau made sure that no one would go hungry during the summit. Everyone was gathered behind Pride Rock, an area that was easily accessible but still separated from the normal daily activities that happened below Pride Rock. No sense in alarming those who did not know, or frighten cubs with tales of things that go bump in the night.

Quote:
Examples of visions:
  • Darkness, with only a sense of overwhelming fear. Sounds of fighting.
  • Endless night, stars to be seen everywhere.
  • Bloodstained grass.
  • An endless movement on brown bodies shifting, the typical coat colour many PLers have.
  • A mix of any of these, or a slight shift in them (i.e. bloodstained rocks).

There are no direct faces seen, beyond perhaps the royal family and other seers within the visions.

Questions? PM me.

Note: Passing Rogues/Visitors are welcome to join in.

Prizes:
User Image User Image
(ty Drani for the girl! The boy's family info will be given to the winner.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I thank you all for coming," he said, even as stragglers were slowly approaching the gathering. "I want to get a greater sense of what everyone is seeing, and perhaps if others have opinions on what these visions mean. I know that there have been some...changes to the Pridelands structure, and I'm wondering if that is connected to this trigger of events." It was so odd, talking about visions. Tau didn't have them, so he was putting his faith into these seers that what they were seeing might be true, rather than just silly dreams or nightmares that awoke them in the middle of the night.

He noted that there were a lot of non-seers here, or those who never claimed to be seers. There was no test to see if anyone was telling the truth, so he merely put his trust in his people.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Your Majesty," Aoife said as she nodded to the king. He seemed so young to be a king of a pride as large as the Pridelands, but she did not think to question Simi's choice. The old king was still around, just more quiet than he used to be. In some ways, that may be a good thing; her visions have not been good.

"I've seen the night, like some others have. Its endless, but not...as fearful as I feel it should be? Its oddly comforting, but daylight never comes. I'm not sure what to think of it."

((Please note that I will do my best to reply as much as I can. I begin my FT job on the 13th, for 5 days straight, so I may lag a bit. Please bug me to reply, I'll do my best.

Arguments are expected, even encouraged. Many feel the need to understand, as fearful as they may feel about this surge in overlapping visions.))

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:11 pm
User Image

Mahea was among those who joined the summit who were not seers. While none in her direct family were known seers, there were friends and distant relatives who were. Part of her felt that these whispers were due to the strain put on training and keeping a small standing army going in a pride that, up until now, had never had one. Fears perhaps, old memories from wars gone by. Whatever it was, Mahea didn't like it one bit. It was good to at least hear that Tau shared a similar worry to her as to a trigger, but she couldn't help but feel like this was partially his fault if it was. Of course she kept her tongue, just as she had been taught to.

User ImageUser Image

The tan lioness was a known seer and aspiring nanny whose visions showed her the status of Pridelander cubs, normally missing. Whether or not it was in the future or past, she still hadn't determined. Sitting beside he mother, Lihua's ears fell back. Her visions had been worse than usual, terrifying even and the familiar paw of her mother placed upon her own only comforted her so much. Her mother was the only one who she had told of her visions up until this point. Sleepless, tired eyes looked over those who had joined. Her fur was ragged and unkept.

A gentle nudge from Zimran though did little to calm her worried daughter. None of her other children had truly come into their seer abilities like Lihua had. Hers were intense, but usually helpful. Lately they had been nothing but troubling to the head nanny. If the rumors and whispers she had heard from concerned parents were any kind of omen, it would seem something was on the horizon for the Pridelands. Maybe she hoped there was just something in the water causing problems, but her gut told her otherwise.

Sitting among the lions of the Pridelands, Zimran looked almost no different if it weren't for her horn and her abnormally long tufts of fur from her head. Only when she had first arrived had she hidden her form, but now, and fore some time now, she stayed among the pride without hiding her true form.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:17 pm
User Image

Saniya sat near the back of the gathering, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. She had only recently discovered she was a seer: before that, she had just thought she got the odd weird day-dream from time to time. But recently it had seemed like she was thinking more about her past than things that made no sense to her. Maybe that was why she hadn't thought they were important, like the others.

This meeting being called had opened her eyes, though. She hadn't been seeing things from her past, about her war torn former home. Rather, she had been glimpsing into the future. When she had told her brother about it, he had encouraged her to go to the meeting that had been called. Still, she felt like an outsider.

It still felt like it wasn't her place to get involved in pride things, because she had joined so late in her life. But it was her home, no matter what her mind told her, and it was important she try and help where she could, if she could.

Didn't mean she was going to leap to the front of the line, though.

User Image

Janga frowned. "Comforting?" He said softly, "I haven't felt comforted at all! Though, I haven't seen anything about night. At least not yet. All I've seen are flashes of blood splattered over the grass. It seems like some kind of big battle is coming this way!"

Of course, that might have been his fear talking. He hadn't seen any bodies, or anything to link it to the pridelands specifically. But what else could it have been? Blood all over the grass... it had to have been some kind of battle! he had hoped it was just some kind of fluke or something- a dream that meant nothing. But it wasn't only once. That was the way he knew he was having a vision. His dreams never repeated themselves, but his visions did.

How he wished it had been a dream! But this meeting, the fact that a lot of seers were having these dreams, it must have meant more.

Still, it was good to hear that others were having different visions. Perhaps it would help things become more clear- maybe it wouldn't be as bad as he thought. Comforting skies were a good thing, right?

He sighed heavily.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:32 pm
User Image

Halisi had overheard the murmurs from seers that things were very...strange in their visions. She wasn't a seer herself, but there were enough in the pride that were. Seers usually didn't speak up about their visions unless they felt it was concerning, and now seemed to be one of those times. She licked her lips nervously as she took a seat, looking up at the king. Hopefully this meeting would clear things up for those not getting visions, or for those having visions. It seemed they were just as confused as those who weren't having them. She glanced over beside her to her brother who had come along with her, a worried look on her face.

"Do you think this might end badly? They're talking about blood and darkness."

User Image

Amri followed his sister to the group of gathered lions, a mildly nervous look on his face. For the most part he was an easy going lion, but when threats of doom and pain hovered over him, he was quite the meek little thing. He sat beside Halisi and curled his tail around his legs, looking up at the king as well.

The question made him laugh just a bit and he glanced at his worried sister. "Oh...I'm sure it will be fine," he said, not wanting to instill fear in his sister. "I mean. They're just visions, right? Maybe they all had some bad antelope to eat or something."

He didn't believe his own words, though. There had to be some reason for this mass vision that they kept having. Was it the end of the Pridelands? It couldn't be. They were such a staple in the savanna it wasn't even possible to think of them not being there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 pm
User Image

"Night, blood?" a cheerful voice asked as Mpapuro wound through the surrounding lions to the front. The lioness looked around as many spoke of the visions they'd had. She hadn't realized there were so many others around, how wonderful!

"I've just seen lots of people! Well, no faces or anything, just a lot of bodies and limbs - attached ones - with Pridelander brown fur," she announced to the gathering. She didn't sound depressed at all about the vision, but then again, Mpapuro liked people, even if she couldn't see their faces.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:03 pm
User Image User Image

The rust-orange lioness listened to the talk of visions, of troubles in the future, and frowned. They could easily mean anything - Invaders from outside the pride, perhaps. Her parents had told her of the Firekin, how they had once been the sort of lions to either sneak into a pride's lands, or simply invade, to take lions from their families and enslave them. They were no longer like that, though, and Madaha found comfort in it.

She licked her lips, trying to ponder just what it could mean. "Maybe it's just a hunting accident, and they all happen to be Seeing it the same..." She turned to her mate, Kushindwa, offering him a smile.

Unlike his mate, Kushindwa's ears were folded back in thought. By some personal miracle, he'd managed to not fall over today. Every day he got better at... Well, NOT tripping on nothing, even when standing or sitting still. He shifted where he sat, glancing at the lioness who put up with so much of his clumsiness. "No, I don't think it's a hunting accident. Whatever it is, it's too big for that." His brother was uneasy, so Kushindwa was uneasy. His tail flipped back and forth, sending up small dust clouds as it moved. "It has to involve something with sharp teeth, or claws... Or both." He looked up at the sky a moment, voicing Madaha's ponderings. "What if it's invaders from outside our borders? Or what if it's the hyenas?" He shot a glance at the sun-yellow lioness, frowned a moment... And then offered a playful jab, a hint of his usual self. "Easy for you to say that with a smile, you're not brown!" Granted, neither was he - But Madaha was fairly close to it, and she had a brother and sister that were brown. He worried for her family.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:23 am
User Image (is a guardian, needs a cert change)

Nondo'vuta was amongst those who were not seers who had opted to join the gathering. She had heard whisperings of dark things and saw it as her duty as not only a member of the pride but as a Guardian, to make sure she attended and find out as much information as she could. She was glad of the new ranks, mentions of blood could point to a possible dispute or even war and the fierce lioness looked around her with piercing eyes. She could hear rumours of fighting, sounds of potential battle, and this both made her concerned, and gave her a reason to train even harder. If there was something looming, she would make sure that both her and her soldiers were ready for it. Taking in everything she heard carefully, she looked to the new king with a serious gaze. "Your majesty, the soldiers training is going well, the other guardians and I shall ensure they are ready..." She looked around the group, hoping not to arouse any more fear. "Whatever that may mean"  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kimondo was not a seer. He knew nothing of what was to come yet he was concerned and had decided that his presence could be useful. Somehow on his way to the summit behind Pride Rock he had managed to encounter one however. This seer was a cheetah whom seemed, stressed. His eyes were widened with fear and he wheezes with every breath. Kimondo had been confused and concerned over what compelled him to reach the pridelands so quickly.

"Wait!" He called to the cheetah, who was surprisingly walking fast despite his hind leg being slightly limp. He had told the stranger of where the meeting was being held due to his admitting he was a seer and off the little guy went! Now the pink-manned lion was rushing to catch up.

User ImageLindani had visions of the now. The present. The current time. So when one night he had experienced a vision he knew that had yet to pass it dawned on him that maybe his visions were changing into something else. Did visions do that? He didn't want to question it.

He had found the pridelands by mistake, although recognized small details of it as if he had been here before. A vision he had seen. "Darkness!" He said, now out of breath. Kimondo was able to catch up to the determined cheetah. "Darkness and fear. Everyone was... fighting. Or at least it sounded like it. My eyes weren't working though..." He was almost blind in one of them, but he didn't think that had anything to do with the visions..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:22 am
User Image
Dormi had spent the last few nights sleeping terribly - whenever she was able to sleep, naturally, she was stuck wide awake, and when she she was supposed to be awake, she was plagued with constant visions, which made it very difficult for the little Artisan to complete her requests.

It had been at the request of her father that she joined in on the little event, her violet eyes skittering between all of those who were together, her head down a little - she didn't feel very good in such a large crowd, talking about something that was so close to her. But, her father had told her that it could assist and help her, and the pride.

Lifting her head a little, she regarded the King.

"Sir, my - my . . ." A stutter, she peered to her father, "visions have been constant, and tiring. Like some of the others, I have seen . . . endless night. It is like as if I am swallowed in to a small world, with no borders or escape. Alone, unable to find someone else, with the exception of the muffle, sounds of fighting, on some kind of edge of the world. No one hears me." She stated, going to hide back next to her father, meek again. "I hope that helps."

User Image
Mng watched carefully as his daughter admitted her problems, his muzzle stiff and eyes piercing. he didn't wan her to suffer anymore, and - admittedly - he had to know what she had seen. He, himself, had only recenetly woken up to his seering abilities, whereas Dormi had always had hers, so it was somewhat of a personal desire to try and figure out what he was doing, or if his visions were anything like his daughters, or the rest of the pride.

They even had a cheetah speaking of the visions, which cemented the decision for the Nanny, turning his head towards the Head Nanny, in respect, before going to take his turn.

Going to nudge the little black and god lioness, he whispered soft words of comfort to her, before stepping forward, the white beast sighing out of his nose.

"I, too, have seen visions - those that speak of movement, unlike my daughter. I cannot pinpoint as to if it is our pride, or the bodies of others, but it is as if there is a hushed desire to leave, make brown pelts fleeing." He admitted, feeling his daughters eyes burn his back - he had not told any of his children of his visions, until now. "It was . . . unsettling, and I am new to visions. It worries me."

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:17 am
Cajanic

User Image
Dayo normally didn't think too much about visions or seers. She knew they existed, of course, but she had no idea how the whole thing worked. Most of the time it wasn't important to her, but she had learned to trust certain lions and lionesses when it came to picking a direction for hunts. Their hunches paid out more often than not, and that was a kind of "seeing" she could appreciate. She shadowed Janga, and for once she didn't look happy about it. She'd always felt a connection to Imaras kids, and it scared her that he had this creepy experience she couldn't understand. She glanced over at Kushindwa and noticed that he looked worried. As more lions chimed in her frown grew deeper, until she couldn't keep her mouth shut any longer.

"Why a hunting accident?" she asked, "Blood splatter might as well mean a good hunt."

She looked around at the gathered lions, making eye contact with some of her fellow hunters. "Blood can be good, right?"

Hunting was dangerous, and she didn't like the talk about accidents. She had respect for her prey and knew many of the animals they hunted could seriously hurt or kill a lion. But a scared huntress was a worthless huntress... And if they all stayed home hiding in fear everyone would go hungry.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:54 pm
There was a palpable sense of unease, but Tau knew that he needed to guide this conversation, and guide it well. It was an uncomfortable topic to discuss, but he was more afraid of what would happen if he didn't acknowledge these visions. The last thing he wanted to do was ignore a possible signal, and make some of his members feel ignored or ostracized for their dreams they couldn't explain.

"Hunting..." He hadn't considered something like that, from a bit of what he recalled from the reports. "That's true. Is there a possibility that this is derived from a shift in nature? Say...a strong eclipse coming in our future?" Tau didn't study astronomy, even with all the tutoring his Tianxian adviser had given him as he grew. It had been considered too frivolous for a future king.

He didn't want to face the thought of a fight. How could it be anything more than a fight? The Mava'Bunda were still quiet, still small, and so he didn't consider them a threat. There had to be something else triggering this; he hoped it was as simple as a shift in nature.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:16 pm
User Image

Ruoho had been plagued with her visions in the daylight hours, the colors of night shifting over her vision, and then the stars went out, light closing into darkness as the sounds of insufferable argument echoed around her. She was not one for fighting, but it was clear...someone was. Shaking her great head, the female trotted to the gathering, her eyes down-turned upon the grass. Something about this was not well....Something that was....wrong. She bowed her head to the King, her eyes studying his own expression as she listened to the sounds of the others talking about the things they had seen, and what was occurring. Her maw remained sealed for the time being...just for now, since she did not want to bring up the strangeness of what had happened behind her closed eyelids...She would wait until she was addressed..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
Calypso stood strong within eyesight of her King. He was a youth to her, but she knew he had so much residing on his shoulders. She could only hope that her years on the battlefield would be of aid to him in this growing darkness. It worried her. These visions...sounded very much like the wars she had fought, and it made her scars ache. Would something truly terrible happen, and cause him to act?

Beside of her girlfriend stood Hecate. Her eyes drifted over those gathered, but rested on Calypso. The lines of stress around her beloveds sweet gaze pulled at her heart. Though neither of them were seers it was just as worrisome. "Surely a structural change isn't to blame." Hecate voiced bluntly. "I've lived in the Pridelands my entire life, and we've faced hardships before the changes."

Yes, this was true. While Calypso hadn't been in the pride during the last war, she had heard about it from her previous mate. He had fought the hyenas, and seen their terror. Leaning closer to her lover, she whispered, "Is the visitor coming?"

"Yes, she should be arriving any moment now."

User Image

Arataki was late, as usual. It wasn't her fault she did know this pride! Sure, she had been staying with the Healer who had patched up her hide after the hyena attack, but woah, was she not ready for the visions that assaulted her in these lands.

"Blood! Blood as thick as the sludge of a swamp." She stated loudly. It may have been an over reaction as to the thickness, but blood was there! Her eyes were wild and exhausted. Her body, though treated, still bore the signs of her attack. Though unrelated it had caused her to be more...cautious, and jittery. If anything she wanted the protection of her father, but as he was a God, he couldn't be with her all the time.

"I felt it - felt it on my fur but I couldn't see. There was darkness everywhere and I couldn't wake up, and I couldn't breath there was so much...so much fear." She was looking around wildly at anyone who would validate her. When she spotted Hecate she made her way to the lioness and latched onto her side, looking for the comfort she so desperately needed.

With a nodding look to Hecate, Calypso moved to Nondo's side, taking her stance with the fellow Guardian. "Your majesty, what she says is true. Your forces are fresh, but ready to defend their home against whatever blight this is. I only pray it is not as...daunting as these visions make it out to be."

Then again, Calypso hadn't been in agreement with a public summit. If the seers were to be consulted it should have been one at a time so as to avoid wide spread panic.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 pm
Nondo'vuta looked at Tau with wide, blinking eyes. She'd never been one for the cosmos. Though she followed the pride's belief in the stars, she wasn't entirely sure how much power could be derived from... up there. Nondo found power in strength, formation, and leadership, among many other things. Red eyes narrowed, she mused the plausibility of other's thoughts. "A hunting accident... perhaps, or maybe hunting in general..." In that case, they would have to make sure their medics were up to scratch, she thought fondly of her sister Xagara. Nondo's gut instinct told her it was something far more sinister.

The guardian nodded to Calypso with a fierce face that also played host to a welcoming smile. "I pray the same. It may perhaps not be as bad as it would seem." Her eyes found Arataki and shifted from her to the king slowly. Her words certainly bought a fear and chill to the already concerned group. Nondo did not want to scare the others, perhaps a little hope was what they needed.

Perhaps what they also needed, was strategy, a plan just in case. She would meet with Calypso when the meeting was over, she supposed.  
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff