Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC
A New Generation : Questions, Suggestions, and Discussions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will you be playing?
  An original character
  A Kingdom Hearts character
  A Disney character
  A Final Fantasy character
  Characters from multiple backgrounds
View Results

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:26 pm
User Image

User Image
Welcome!

Things are still very much in-progress, as you can tell, but I've opened up this chat so we can discuss what's going on, or what will be going on!

Now, as above, this is where the current topic should be introduced, so, let's start: what is A New Generation?

A New Generation is an open roleplay I'm starting that harkens back to what started it all: Kingdom Hearts : First Generation. The first roleplay of the guild, and its original namesake, First Generation (or FG) was a great deal many things--so much so that perhaps the best single word would be 'chaos'. People came in, they played who they wanted, how they wanted, and they wrote their own stories, how they wanted. The original leaders had a plot in mind, but more often than not it took the backburner to the more immediate character plots that everyone else developed.

That's what I'm looking to do here. A New Generation (henceforth NG) is going to have its own plot, sure, but I'll be honest: I'd rather it be the last thing that people worry about. I might leave breadcrumbs here and there if things die down, but what I'm looking for--what I want most--is for you all to just have at it. Go wild! Tell us your stories. Drag everyone else along. Change the world of Kingdom Hearts as we know it. That's why we're writing instead of playing, right?

Well, that and KH3 isn't out yet.

NG will have very few hard rules. In fact, I can pretty much tell you the main three four: don't blow up worlds, don't kill other RPers' characters, don't have flawless mind control, and don't be invincible.

Seriously. That's it. And guess what? If you get permission, you can break those, too. Really. Basically, I want the roleplay to be in your hands, not mine.

So now, I'll open up the roleplay to what the title implies--questions, suggestions, and discussions!

The first poll's results are in: we will be doing a roleplay that takes place about the same time Kingdom Hearts 1 did--approximately 9 years after the first Heartless invasion and the first world was lost.

What that first world will be, though, might change.

The second poll's results are in: the history will be Semi-Faithful to the Birth by Sleep plotline, but for most in-world people, it will be a vague mystery.

Work on putting it all together has begun! Expect news before December 20th!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:11 pm
User Image

User Image

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:14 pm
User Image

User Image

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:17 pm
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:43 pm
Aaaaand discussion is go  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:55 pm
Oh, and I guess I should also say, for those of you concerned about the lack of rules--don't worry too much. The roleplay will have some in-character 'background supervision'. If things get too crazy and out of control, I'll take care of it.

No matter what happens, you should always feel free to discuss the roleplay or give critique. If you have a complaint, I'll hear it out and do what I can to make sure everyone is treated fairly.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:09 pm
Also, I was just having this conversation in another chat, so let me make things clear:

Yes, this is based in Kingdom Hearts.

No, you do not have to limit yourself to Disney and SquareEnix worlds.

Yes, you can play whatever the heck you want from wherever the heck you want.

All I ask is that you stick to the character's personalities. If you absolutely must alter them, then have a good reason for it.  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:20 am
fractalJester

I vote for before or during KH1 [put before in the poll because you can't vote for two things]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:54 am
I like the idea of "instead of," the AU option. The opportunity to rewrite my most beloved franchise? Sign me up! 8D  

phoenixianCrystallist
Crew

Quotable Noob

8,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:59 pm
I think I might enjoy creating a new character who could help shape a new AU of Kh- sign me up too >w>

One thing though-
Can we have a a rule about erm... explicit content?
By that I mean- adult themes are fine within context and limits- but you know what crazy-cringeworthy-nightmarefuel-mood/theme breaking stuff I'm hinting at right?

Lets... not have that to the point the roleplay loses it's atmosphere and get very uncomfertable to participate in...no "trigger stuff"-please?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:23 pm
Well, I guess that would depend on the kinds of triggers. A lot of them are already prohibited by the Gaia Rules--any sexual descriptions at all, any excessive violence against minors (anything that would be counted as abuse, really).

Outside of that, I'm not really going to go so far as to make a black-and-white rule against it. Kingdom Hearts is certainly far from anything gorey or terrifying, but some of the implications definitely hint at the possibility. If some people in reality are that deranged, the addition of dark magic certainly isn't going to make things better.

However, that doesn't mean everyone should just go willy-nilly with their psychopathy. This is free-reign, yes, but I think it's pretty clear that roleplaying requires other participants; you're allowed to set your own guidelines and boundaries, and if someone doesn't abide by that, you don't have to roleplay with them.

On top of that, as above mentioned, there will be in-character 'background supervision'; I won't have an outright rule against it, but if for some reason things start taking a turn a player isn't comfortable with but they have no way out, talk to me. I'll give you a way out.

My goal here is that all of you are allowed to do most anything you want. But there should be a level of respect for each other. If two people have a disagreement with the type of roleplaying they want to do, they should be mature enough to compromise or go their separate ways until the differences are over with, and if for some reason there's no in-character way to do that, I can make it happen.

I don't want to single anyone out or make them uncomfortable, but I also don't want to enforce more restrictions than necessary. Hence the failsafe supervision.  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:52 pm
That sounds fair to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:44 pm
I'm also for a more AUish take on the franchise. Kind of like that old RP we had a few years back to our old guild captain is deeply, deeply ashamed of. It was a good idea in concept, but it fell victim to glacial pacing and bad attempts at setting up a metaplot.

My main stipulation if we do AU is that we keep it fairly simple. Or at least let things like vast evil organizations, ancient prophesies, and world shattering events sprout up organically with the input of other members. Keeping things less centralized and more small scale will give everyone a lot more freedom to tell the stories they want to tell. Everything else can spiral out of that.  

Gentleman Knives

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:31 pm
Yep, that's the plan! Like I said, at most I might leave breadcrumbs if things get too slow due to aimlessness, but I'm looking for everyone else to tell their own, individual stories. As little centralization as possible.  
KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff