Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Accepted Quests
[Q] Sunny Dyer / Babel Page of Saturn [Crits/stamps?]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:38 am
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE THE WORLD SAYS HELLO

Name: Sunny Dyer

Nickname: Uh, her username in any online circle is Vertigo, and she's been telling people to call her that for years? Sounds more badass than Sunny, really. (You could call her Sunny D, but, uh, that will officially end any hope of her being friendly to you ever.)

Birthday: October 17th

Sign: Libra

Gemstone: Opal

Blood Type: O+

Fav. Food: Don't let Sunny near rolls and butter, because if you look away, she'll try to stuff them all in her mouth like a chipmunk. Only after buttering the rolls, though! She's not a savage.

Hated Food: Oranges. Look, when you got subjected to so many Sunshine State and Sunny D jokes, you kind of develop an automatic hatred for anything associated.

School: None! Works at Geek Squad, and helps people rig up custom PCs and consoles in her spare time for a fee. (She should probably go to college, but you know, not really feeling the need to focus all her time and energy and money on a stupid education and a stupid degree.)

Hobbies:
Binge Gaming -- There are people who play video games, and there are people who play video games. Sunny belongs to the latter group: when she gets in the mood and the routine, she will play until she is the best at it, disregarding things like sleep. And then she'll keep her spot at the top through fire and blood -- but never cheating, never cheating. Consoles and PC, and very rarely any multiplayer that isn't local; Sunny does puzzle games, roguelikes, and things that would probably cause anyone sane to break their controller.

Technology Junkie -- You can't play games without the absolute best technology, can you? The newest model of phone, the newest everything: she can go without new clothes for a bit, it's cool. But Sunny has to have as much new and amazing technology as she can...as long as it works. Discoveries like vantablack and new prosthetic limbs she is also SO THERE for, but -- you can't really buy that sort of technology! She's only really interested in the technology that she can use.
Sunny's laptop barely looks like the original anymore -- it's a Sunnystein's Monster of cobbled-together replacement parts to better the specs. She's jailbroken her phone and trades up at least once every year and a half. Considering the fact her laptop isn't winning any visual awards because that would require her making it technically worse (look, if her actual desktop breaks down she needs an alternative), and the fact this is where most of her paycheck goes, Sunny ain't judging you if your tech isn't brand new -- unless if you're under 45 and have a flip phone, because really? Really.

Volunteering -- Volunteering makes Sunny feel less like she is an a*****e! She prefers animal shelters because animals don't typically judge you, but any sort of volunteer work is fine; the work is its' own reward and she doesn't want anything much for doing the right thing. It used to be her girlfriend's thing, but in the wake of her death, well...taking up the mantle seemed a good way to honor the dead. Every weekend, 10-4 both Saturday and Sunday, at the ASPCA: and anything else that comes up.

Virtues:
Kind-Hearted -- Okay, yeah, the world kind of sucks nowadays -- especially in Destiny City -- and her girlfriend is dead -- but it's not worth taking out your anger on other people. Sunny just wants people to be safe, and things to be okay, and she loves the ******** out of animals like whoa. She'd have pets! But she has an apartment, and that's not allowed. If you want a shoulder to cry on or someone to tell you that you are a good person, Sunny's your gal, and she will protect you like the best friend you will ever have because she honestly gets really attached to people and she loves you and cares about you. (She desperately tries to be this all the way through, but, uh, there's a core of desperate bitterness in there too, because everyone she has willingly devoted herself to is gone. But even with that -- Sunny will never hurt someone on purpose if not provoked, and she's pretty good at keeping her temper.)

Moral Standards -- Sunny is a good person, or at least she is desperately trying to convince herself that she is, and she likes to live by Good Moral Rules: do unto others as yadda yadda yadda, be kind, be selfless, don't do anything without thinking of who it might hurt, don't be an a**. All that! She tries very, very hard to live by these rules, and is absolutely desperate to be the person who could do it without trying.

Carrying the Torch -- There is one thing that gets Sunny Dyer to take responsibility, and it's carrying on for anyone who no longer can in whatever their cause might be. She will carry them with her in whatever way she can: her father died in a car accident when she was thirteen, and she took his toolset and tried to do what he'd always done, which was help people with anything they need. Her girlfriend died a year ago, and Sunny bleached her hair to be blonde too and started volunteering -- it's what she would have wanted. She's closed herself off a little more every time someone is lost, but at the same time, Sunny is fiercely devoted to making sure that people are never truly lost. She believes in the good in people, and takes a trait from everyone she loses to keep their memory alive. Don't speak ill of the dead, right? She will believe in you and she will remember you, and she believes in legacies.

Flaws:
Kind Of A Bitter a*****e On The Inside -- Sunny tries desperately to appear nice and sweet and the kind of girl your parents would like, but she has a lot of pent-up undirected bitterness and anger about the fact she has no close friends and, did we mention, her ******** girlfriend died. (She doesn't trust that coma bullshit, her babe did not get on well with a lot of people.) She's good about surface niceness, but upon spending further time with Sunny, many find that she is abrasive and uncomfortable with real emotional closeness. It doesn't stop her from getting attached to people anyways, but then she goes and plays video games and spawncamps people until the server bans her because she doesn't want to ever be that mean. She'll ignore your calls and make up an apology about how her phone didn't ring/she was in the shower/she was gaming -- but the odds are she heard that ringtone, she just doesn't want you to get hurt in this shitty town.

What's A Genuine Solid Happiness -- It's debatable if Sunny is ever actually happy -- she never smiles when alone and rarely laughs, and as soon as she's not in the physical company of other people spends her time occupying herself in any activity that'll keep her busy. Her girlfriend died the night after they went on a date and got in a fight, her father died of a stroke -- she comes down really hard on herself for any perceived failure, and although she can attain some measure of genuine peace with other people...well, yeah.
She thinks the deaths were her fault, and they've stuck with her for years; and she doesn't want to be responsible for someone else dying in this shitty hellhole. There are murders every night -- but if she doesn't know you, she can try not to cry her eyes out, so she lets herself get a little close to people because that's natural; and then she pushes away hard because she loves you but she is terrified.

What's A Responsibility -- Sunny does not do well in any sort of leading position. She's fine with being told what to do, but -- she hates taking responsibility for people, and hell, she can barely take care of herself. Having to be a fully functioning human being with command over others is terrifying to her, and she's perfectly happy to have her own limited sphere of influence just be over her apartment. Deadlines are okay, deadlines are fine, and animals are fine: but as soon as it's other human beings she needs to take command over Sunny begins to panic and make progressively worse decisions, ranging from just silly to actually dangerous for the people she's commanding.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

OKAY SO: Sunny originated as a character from Cyberpunk 2020! She is not exactly like this in here, but, you know, it's a decent enough reference.
Eyes: A yellow-green gradient; eyeliner, and a bit of mascara on her lower eyelashes.

Hair: Bleached-blonde undercut (I don't know if that's the right term)! Her bangs are mostly swept to one side, the right set of her head is shaved but growing out, and the left side is long and braided -- about waist-length. (Her roots are mahogany.)

Face: Oval face, a couple of freckles, simple piercings in black. Kind of a 'lazy punk' vibe?

Clothes: This, basically. Layers, navy/black/white/green-yellow; boots and leotards. Lace, stripes, but never words or squares.

Etc Cetera: Sunny's natural hair color is a dark reddish-brown; it's bleach-blonde and has been for about a year, but you can see her roots .
She has a tattoo in white ink on the back of her neck, near the hairline; it's an interface plug.
Sunny is Hispanic and speaks fluent Spanish.
She has a gauge in both ears. Visible in the given pseudo-reference.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:49 pm
Knight Title: Babel Page of Saturn

Challenge: Any last words?
Alternate: I'm sentencing you to life!

Uniform:Concept by Silverah, and looksheet also by Silv!! <3
ELEMENTS TO THINK ABOUT FOR UNIFORM

PLEASE THINK OF YOUR PLANET THEME(S) BEFORE GOING INSANE~!

Top -- Thigh-length traditional side-fastened coat? Shorter? Longer? Exposed undershirt? Cropped? Buttons? Toggles? Shoulderpads? Long sleeves, or short sleeves? Sleeves at all? What's the collar like? Could even be a dress? You are generally as basic as it gets here and should be something you can be very active in.
Bottoms -- Skirt? Pants? Shorts? Culottes?
Gloves -- Got any?
Belt -- Belt? No belt?
Shoes -- What kind?
Shoulders -- Epaulettes? Fuzzy wuzzy shoulderpads? Bells? Whistles?
Accessories -- What kind?

Weapon --
Page: A silver chain bracelet. Just a bracelet -- kind of plain, a little shiny, but nothing special going on there.

Squire: A pair of silver cuffs with an inlaid design of both the Saturn symbol and chains; they are linked together by what can be charitably described as a necklace chain. If a cuff is placed on a powered individual, it will temporarily depower their magic to about 50%; if both cuffs are placed on, it will render them unable to use magic. This can last for up to 45 seconds of depowerment. Babel must remain in contact with the chain to make the magic work: if she loses contact, they revert to being nonmagical cuffs.

Knight: A pair of handcuffs linked together by a chain. If both handcuffs are placed on an individual, their magical abilities will be shut down, and their physical abilities will be dropped by a rank: i.e. Captain to Lieutenant, Knight to Squire, Senshi to...civilian. If used on a first-rank powered individual, this does not break glamour, merely negate any physical advantages granted via their henshin. This can last for up to 90 seconds. Babel must remain in contact with the chain to make the magic work: if she loses contact, they revert to being nonmagical cuffs.

Template Preference: F10, F22, or M1. No preference; that was just the order I saw them in.  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:35 pm
hi!

just a note - babel is another name for babylon, who currently exists as a character. you may be asked to change your knight's name!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:03 pm
As the player of the aforementioned Babylon Knight, I'm cool with this quest and endorse it 200% and don't think anyone is in danger of mixing the Hanging Gardens of Babylon up with the Tower of Babel?  

Silverah

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:04 pm
Alright, as per your request, I'm here to hit you with a round of crit! smile My usual disclaimer applies, of course - nothing here is official, and if any of it rings false or goes against what you're trying to accomplish, just tell me to go kick rocks. smile

Basic stuff!

Looking good! I would usually tell you to change the school section to occupation, but in this case, since she is college-aged, I think the way you've handled it works.

Hobbies!

Can you just stick a line break between the two of these? It would make reading a lot easier.

Binge Gaming / Technology Junkie - if you wanted to split these into two separate hobbies in the name, since you've split them up in the writeup, I think it would make sense. Handle "Binge Gaming," and then let "Technology Junkie" be its own separate thing.

For Binge Gaming, I would like to know what kind of games she likes - does she play MMOs? RPGs? FPS or TPS? More "casual" games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon? Is she a PC, console, or handheld gamer, or some combination?

For technology junkie, I think I'd like to know a bit about the turnaround for her devices - does she keep the same PC and just upgrade it, or is she always trading in her laptop for the newest model? How long does she keep her phones for? Is she a gadget person and owns lots of silly gizmos that will later be replaced with smartphone apps? Is she a bit of a snob about her tech and quick to judge others based on what model of phone they're rocking, or is she only concerned with her own stuff (and other people's stuff if it's really cool?)

Volunteering - I like this and think it's in good shape, but would like to know how often Sunny volunteers! Is it her usual weekend thing, or does she make a date for it once a month - less? More?

Virtues!

Kind-Hearted - This looks good to me! I think if Sunny supports her friends in any other way besides just being a shoulder to cry on, you may want to go into more detail, but other than that I think this is in good shape.

Moral Standards - Looks good to me!

Carrying the Torch - It took me a moment to figure out where the actual virtue in here was, but now that I've got it, I think I understand it - it's the devotional aspect and the positive traits she picks up from people, right? Uh, nothing really to critique here, just saying it took me a moment to figure out how this was a virtue instead of a hobby, but I get it now.

Flaws!

To the letter - Love this, but I'm not sure how clear it is that her bitterness contributes to it. You might want to clarify where this trait is rooted and talk more about her bitterness to make it clearer.

Moral Issues - I think that this isn't really clear right now, and you might want to just rewrite it into going more in-depth into the bitterness you mentioned in To the letter, perhaps instead of rewriting the previous flaw to be about it. I think it would be interesting to see more about Sunny's trust issues and why she has them, why she's so hard on herself, etc, rather than this flaw as it's written right now, which seems like it's just an "exception to her virtue!" sort of deal.

What's a responsibility - I think this is great, but you can do more with it! What does Sunny do when given responsibility? How does she respond to having deadlines or important tasks or having people count on her? Besides just hating to do it, what ways does she react to it that make this trait truly negative?

Physical description

Sheesh, what a hottie.

Powered stuff!

Those challenges are A+ and her uniform is haute ******** couture. razz

The weapons fit the theme, but I think you may run into issues with her magic being considered a bit overpowered - I think that one thing you should do is clarify that she disables magical and physical abilities, but she doesn't break people's glamours, which your current wording makes her knight magic sound like it might do.

Your time frames are also way too long! For a squire, you should drop the duration to forty-five seconds, and for a knight, I think ninety seconds is about right.

Does she have to keep contact with her weapon while using her magic?

Anyway, looking good! I'm going to wrap this up now because I've got places to be, but if you have any questions we can talk later! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:26 pm
Silverah

silvvvv i love yoooou <333 gaia_kittenstar
anyways, fixed it up to the best of my flimsy ability!!  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Noir Songbird

Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:19 am
Daekie

Hey thar!

So, on the whole I think Sunny looks great -- you've done a lot with her civ side!

However, Knight weapons are one-piece, so you mention a key being necessary for her Royal magic -- this should not be the case, as that would make a two-piece weapon! You can also simply take out her Royal stuff from the profile - you don't need to include fourth-stage things as that stage is not guaranteed and so does not have to be part of a profile (and I'm not even sure I can stamp fourth stuff); if she were ever given Royal Knight as a stage you could, essentially, decide then!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:10 am
Songstress Kitsune

I've gone in and removed any mention of the key, as well as her Royal Knight magic. c: Does that work?  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Noir Songbird

Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:15 am
Daekie

Yep, perfect!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A GM will be by soon~  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 am
Daekie

Hey, Daekie!

This is a nice profile, and I have only one question before I drop a stamp!

How would someone remove the cuffs/how easily breakable are the cuffs (even just when not channeling magic!). This could be really debilitating in battle, but as long as you have permission from a player then it would be all right for the cuffs to stay on for as long as you wanted, but in the event that a player might not want the cuffs to stay on for the duration of the battle, I just wondered how easy it might be for someone to get out of them!

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:15 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

The Squire cuffs are intended to be something like this; they're connected by a chain, but they have a gap where people can slip their wrists out. Babel's Knight handcuffs are...handcuffs; although they probably have somewhat of the same gap her Squire cuffs do.

All weapons are made of metal, but not thick metal; and could be feasibly bent with application of strength or heat. Also, if the chain is broken, that magic is ******** I assumed that, since Babel's magic is inherently close-range as she needs tactile contact with the cuffs/chain to channel, her weapon could be more resilient? Since detatching her hands from the weapon ends channeling?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:18 pm
Daekie

Sounds good to me! Thanks!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Accepted Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas