User Image It was a rather stormy day for a change of pace, which Phosphor was thankful for. As proud as he was of his dark coloration, the sun beating down on him day in and day out was rather tiresome. There were days he was even a bit jealous of those with pale coats, as the sun didn't affect them quite as much. Thankfully out here there would be no odd looks given to him if he mentioned that aloud, where back in his old pride he probably would have been treated like a mentally ill lion.

But today it didn't matter what color coat he had, because the sun was blocked by rather dark clouds and there was a vicious wind that blew dried leaves and grass against him as he walked. There was the smell of rain and lightning on the air, but he didn't mind at all. He welcomed it, in fact. It would force other creatures to find shelter, and if he could find shelter, he'd be sure to find some hapless creatures to either eat or take things from. He was out on a Viking, after all, he couldn't go home empty handed.

Just as the first few drops of rain began to fall Phosphor found a little hole in the ground, big enough for a wild dog or two. He stuck his head into it and sniffed, but no. There was no one home. He let out a sigh and pulled his head back before pressing on, keeping an eye out for more places that someone might try to take shelter under.

User Image Lawine, on the other hand, was wishing his coat was much thinner and maybe not-existent. The sun was block behind clouds but that didn't mean the day was any less hot and humid, especially with the threat of a storm in the air. He licked his lips as he walked along, hoping it would rain to cool him off and to give him a drink. Having been raised in the snowy mountains, Lawine wasn't suited for this type of weather. His thick coat and mane made him overheat far too easily.

The first drop of rain splattered on his nose and he knew it was time to take shelter. By the time he found something he'd be soaked to the bone, and when his fur got wet it got incredibly heavy. Sure enough, he spotted a rocky outcropping not too far from him and the heavens opened. He started to run, heading for the rocks, but the rain slowed him down. It made it hard to see, it ruined any smells that might have helped him find his way, and after a while his paws got so muddy that he slipped and fell. Great...

Phosphor moved through the rain easily. Far more easily than the hapless lion struggling to his feet. Mud covered the lower half of his body and made his thick fur hang heavy off of him. What a strange fellow! There was nothing about him that warranted an attack, it was obvious he was out of his element, and he didn't even have a trinket to steal. Phosphor knew that he'd have to find a prize elsewhere, this male wasn't his target. He approached him slowly, calling out over the rain.

"Hello! Do you need help?"

The voice startled Lawine but he turned, peering through the rain. A few bright colors caught his attention and the form of a lion appeared through the driving rain a moment or so later. Oh...well that was convenient.

"Yes, I suppose I could use some help," he said, his mane hanging in his eyes by this point. "I was heading for a small pile of rocks...I think it's in front of me? But the rain made it rather hard to see."

"Oh, I know just where you're talking about," Phosphor said happily with a nod. "It's a bit to your left now, but you're close. Follow me and I'll show you the way." He turned to lead Lawine, having no trouble turning his back to the male. Lawine noticed that without question and he knew Phosphor was confident enough in himself to fend off a surprise attack. Not that he would attack him...he was far too wet and cold for that. And he hadn't even given him a reason to. He was helping him, after all.

A short walk later found the two lions peering into a small cave in the rocky area. It was big enough for one lion and one lion alone, and they looked at one another for a moment or two. "Well," Phosphor said as he backed up a bit. "I'm quite fine out in the rain. You can have it, I don't mind."

The prince chewed his tongue in thought before bobbing his head in thanks. "I appreciate it. If you ever find yourself in the snowy mountains and need help, ask someone to send for Lawine. I'll be there as soon as I can." he said with a tiny smile before ducking into the cave. He shook himself and settled down, hoping the storm would blow by quickly.

"Lawine," Phosphor echoed after the other male had gone into the makeshift home away from home. "I shall do just that. Thank you!" He turned to go, walking through the rain once more. Snowy mountains...he wasn't too sure where those might be or how far they were from here, but he knew they'd be a fun place to explore some day. Maybe if he ever got a say in where the Viking went...

That thought on his mind, he trotted through the rain with a grin on his face. Snowy mountains, Phosphor would see you soon! Maybe. If he could figure out where they were.

Back in the cave, Lawine watched Phosphor trot off into the rain, disappearing quickly once more. "What a strange lion," he said with a tiny smile, resting his head on his paws. Ah well...he'd certainly have a story to tell when he returned home, and he'd be sure to spread the word that if a dark male ever asked for him, to send word at once. Lawine never forgot his favors he owed others.

FIN
WC: 1044