Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Don't Turn Around ((Cordelia and Makoto))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 am
This is a private RP for Nisshou H's Cordelia and Twilight Angel's Makoto. Don't post without permission.

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:03 am
It had been an unusual few weeks for Cordelia. Her ordinarily silent forest had been invaded by strangers not once, not twice, but three separate times. This was, of course, odd because nothing lived in her part of the woods but her. A rot had taken hold of the trees there robbing them of life. Once the trees had died everything had fled: birds, beasts, and even insects had vacated. The solitude the dead zone offered was what had drawn Cordelia to it in the first place. She loved the pale bark of the trees that crumbled away as she brushed past it. She loved the quiet. She even loved the sickly sweet stench of decaying plant life.

What she didn't love was people. They stared. They judged. They didn't understand her and she didn't care enough about them to try and explain herself. She wasn't something that could be explained, not even by herself.

Cordelia shook herself off before lowering her head to drink from a small pool of water. In the water a reflection of Cordelia's down turned face began to glow around the eyes. It wasn't a trick of the light or water but a trick of Cordelia's genetics and it was the thing that had driven people away from her for so long.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:25 am
User Image

Makoto had been wandering for quite a while with his mother before they headed home. Kadentsu had wanted to say hello to her own mothers, checking in with various information and showing them how much he had grown. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy visiting his Grandmother's and that he didn't love them with all his heart like his own mother, they just expected a lot. With all of his Princly training, you would think his ability to please them would be beyond compare. But nope. Not this time. They had asked for HIS opinion on his mother's findings, since he had been present. When he could give no answer, they seemed rather cross. Well... His mother seemed very cross. Not being able to understand he didn't find anything himself, he had simply been with her. So, that brought him here. To this dead place. His mother had sent him here on his own to explore. To see what he could find. Makoto was sure she figured he would be fine against anything out here not only because if his rather large stature, but the... Unique mutations that he had recieved from his father. Slowly entering the dead zone, he had much to reflect on.

Makoto looked around as he came further in. He wondered what this place may have looked like when it had been alive. Lush greens sweeping through the trees. All manner of birds and animals congregating in and under the great mighty boughs. It was certainly something that would always be left to the imagination. This place seemed too far gone to sustain any kind of life. He nodded to himself a bit, glad he hadn't taken Lleial, his rat familiar, on this trip with him. The rat had stayed behind with his mother and her own familiar.

The smell of the rotting plants suddenly his him hard. Snorting a bit, he inhaled and tasted some of the rot. It was a rather unpleasant thing to have hsppen. Certainly nothing he had anticipated. Though as dead as this place was, he knew there had to be water close by. The faintest scent of it had hit him when he took in the rot.

Heading toward the water scent, he saw something interesting. Was that another Soquili? He certainly hadn't expected to see someone this far into the dead zone. Though he figured that was probably a silly thing to decide. His mother and himself had certainly found enough Soquili living in seemingly strange places before. Shaking his head out a bit, he approached slowly, not wanting to alert them in case of danger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:35 pm
Cordelia finished drinking and straightened up. As she did so, a strange feeling crept over her making her shudder. It was the sensation of being watched. Cordelia's jaw clenched shut and she went very still. The air was shifting in strange ways to the side. Ever so slowly Cordelia turned her head, she could hear someone approaching her now. Her eyes narrowed so much that they nearly closed.

"Not another one." She thought bitterly to herself before turning around to face the intruder all at once. She glowered at him but Cordelia doubted that he could see the full extent of her sour expression with her bangs completely covering her eyes. When she saw precisely who was intruding she drew her head back in mild surprise. What was it about this forest that brought the unusual and rejected to it? This poor fellow seemed to be coming apart at the seems... literally. And here Cordelia had been thinking that her eyes were a curse. This one was even leaking stuffing.

"What are you doing in this place?" She asked, voice sharp despite her surprise. "Have you no sense?"

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:16 pm
User Image

Makoto came upon the mare and was rather startled to find another here. It was certainly not something that he had been told was even possible. His mother and all of the others he talked to had explained to him that this was simply a dead zone. A place where there really was no life to find. He had been told that he was exploring it in order to gain knowledge of how it came to be such a dead zone. It was an unknown event in time, after all. Maybe this mare knew something of how this place came to be? Maybe she would even be willing to share what she may know of the place? Though judging from her demeanor, she may not be as forward with such things as Makoto would have liked. He certainly didn't like attempting to be forceful... Or to bribe information out of others. Though, for now, he had nothing to even really go on about this mare. So to make assumptions about what he may have to do was a rather silly thing to do. He shook out his head in a way to try and rid himself of such thoughts right away. They were something he would try to keep in the back of his mind for later, when he may actually need them.

"I am here to find out what exactly happened to this place. I was sent here by my mother and grandmothers to learn more of this dead place. To learn why it became dead." He looked at the mare carefully. He wasn't able to asses what it was that she may have been thinking with those bangs over her eyes. It was always difficult to know what one is thinking when you can't see their eyes... Hopefully she wouldn't mean him any kind of harm.

Nisshou H

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:00 am
Cordelia simply glowered at the stallion from behind her hair. She was certain that he wouldn't be able to see the look but Cordelia found that she couldn't care less. He had been sent to find out why the forest had died. It was almost laughable. Things just died sometimes and anyone with half a brain could see that everything was rotting away. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together.

Rather than pointing this out to him she decided to take a slightly more bitter angle. "It just fell apart at the seams." She sad flatly looking pointedly at the cracks in his body. She shook her bangs slightly to make sure he could see what she was looking at. Perhaps giving him a glimpse of the otherworldly glow of her eyes would make him think twice about talking to her. As unfortunate as whatever curse he was under was she suspected he would still balk at the sight of her own curse. That was, of course, assuming he had some sense. He had come into her forest on a pointless mission so there was an equally good chance that he had no sense at all.

~Twilight...Angel~
I'm so sorry! I didn't notice this until October was nearly over...and then I just sort of figured it would make more sense to wait and get stats for it.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:15 pm
User Image

Makoto watched her carefully. He wasn't sure what her angle might be in looking at him like that. She certainly decided that he was some kind of... idiot fast. After all, of course things always fell apart eventually, it's a matter of what pulled the seams and how the fabric fell. His mother wanted to know exactly what, or who, had pulled the seams. Probably simply for the fact that then she would have the knowledge. Or she just really wanted to send Makoto out on his own. Which he certainly knew could just as easily be the truth of it all. Sometimes she liked to send him to places just to see what he could come up with. Not because she didn't love him, or because she wanted to see him hurt. Simply because she wanted to be sure that he got out and about without her under his foot.

He snorted as she attempted to make such a thing much more personal than it had to be. Certainly she couldn't believe that such a thing would hit deeply enough for him to try and act out on her or something. He had no reason to go against someone who seemed so cold toward everything. Especially in the case that he came into her home simply to check it out. Being a stranger meant the chance to be greeted with some kind of hostility. It's happened to him and his mother enough in the past after all. It's not that big of a deal to him.

He stared at her eyes while they were still exposed, taking them in. The glow of them was certainly interesting. He had seen things as such a time or two before. There weren't many that had glowing eyes around, but it's happened.

"You make mention of my seams, but you certainly have much more interesting eyes, yes?" He made it a point to give her a large unabashed smile. He did find her eyes to be rather interesting none the less. Since she seemed to make it a point to show them to him as well, she must get a bad reputation for having such eyes. Maybe that was even the reason that she lived in this forest. He was not one to shy away from such things though. On the contrary, these kinds of things rather interested him. They were... different... but at the same time, he felt they made others the same as himself. Cursed to end up with bad relations and others leaving you behind. He chuckled to himself a bit as he smiled at her again.

"Don't you think it's a bit rude to try and run me out without so much as an introduction or a reason why? I mean you and your home no harm, I assure you." He bowed his head a bit.

Nisshou H

It's all good! :3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:16 pm
Cordelia scowled after failing to dissuade him from speaking to her further. If she contorted her face into an all out snarl she wondered if he would think her mad and dangerous and choose to flee. She decided scarcely three seconds later that this would be a poor idea. Cordelia would have to settle for continuing to snap at him bitterly. By the gods she had turned into a crotchety old mare so early in her life.

"I do find it rude, yes." She agreed flatly to convey that she didn't mind being rude in the slightest. "I also find it rude to come into someone's home and expect courtesy from them simply because they say they mean you no harm. You look like a curse, who knows what you have brought here just by stepping on this soil." She snorted and wrinkled her nose in distaste. She didn't believe this to be true in the slightest but she hoped if she went far enough he would leave of his own volition.

"Do you often expect a warm welcome when intruding on the private lives of perfect strangers? I am rude, yes, but so are you." She concluded tartly.

~Twilight...Angel~

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:35 pm
User Image

Makoto couldn't possibly remove the smile from his face. It was something that suited this situation too nicely. Simply, it changed into a more cold and calculating smile. One that spoke so many more words than he could possibly utter from his own mouth. Something he made sure that Cordelia could see, along with his more cold distant eyes. Being told many times in the past that he looked more threatening than he may mean to, he took these things to heart and uses them when someone is attempting to intimidate him. After all, he wasn't going to let such a cold and distant mare stop him from what he came here for. Even if she wasn't taken aback by his suddenly cold stance, he wouldn't think twice about simply walking past the mare. He was larger than her and was sure that she wouldn't attack him either. There was zero intention on his part to fight back even if she did decide to attack him in the end. His mother taught him to never fight without good reason. And, considering that this mare wasn't attacking his family in any way, he didn't consider this a good reason.

"I'm sure that, since you agree, you might take a bit of understanding to my situation." He stood tall and high, "I mean you and your home no harm. And, more on the point, I had no idea that this was even a home." Looking around, he sneered a bit. "After all, how does one really live in such a dead world?" Looking over at her sideways, he tilted his head a bit and posed a new question, "Do you truly enjoy living here? There must be a good reason for it after all."

Makoto came a bit closer to the mare, "And, naturally, I have had plenty of others who have been... upset about me wandering into their homes. But once I generally explain that I mean no harm to them or their homes, they usually greet me about as well as they can. They don't continue to try and run me out. Most times they actually decide to assign someone to show me around... Or watch me and make sure that I truly do not mean any harm to anything." He smiled warmly again, "I certainly would never go into someone's home intentionally and cause the inhabitants any kind of harm." Tilting his head, he posed a simple question, "If I had asked to come into your home, would you have welcomed in with open arms?"

Carefully he watched the mare as he posed his questions. He certainly wondered if she would ever really be welcoming to him. Though he supposed that there really wasn't too much hope of that, he could very well be wrong. He never tried to judge another based on the first impression, no matter how much his mother had taught him that the first impression was the last impression. The mare would probably base him and his intentions on how he acted with this meeting, but he decided long ago that he would be above all others.

Nisshou H

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff