Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
A New Mega Eovlution Revealed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kennisaur

Angelic Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:26 pm
Click Here

Also, can someone teach me how to use the YouTube tags?

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:09 pm
scream scream scream

I love how it looks, but WHY THE ******** is Nintendo and Game Freak calling it a ******** Megavolution? Legendaries are supposed to evolve ever period!!! I hope they realize this b4 the game is released and make it be considered a Primal Form like the new forms of Kyogre and Groudon are called Primal Forms.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Zefurr

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

8,875 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:40 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
scream scream scream

I love how it looks, but WHY THE ******** is Nintendo and Game Freak calling it a ******** Megavolution? Legendaries are supposed to evolve ever period!!! I hope they realize this b4 the game is released and make it be considered a Primal Form like the new forms of Kyogre and Groudon are called Primal Forms.

wth are you talking about? mewtwo had two megas in x and y  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:30 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
scream scream scream

Did you get the pokemon x and y? o o''
Those versions are first ever to mention mega evolution while the remakes of pokemon sapph/ruby are the first to mention primal forms. ^ ^''

Also regular pokemon were never strong to begin with hence why a trainer is needed to make a bond form... thus mega evolution FOR THOSE pokemon to make them really strong. (Think that was the gist of it from playing pokemon x)
However some/certain legendaries were battling each other like ever since... Over the years their power dwindled a little. Primal form is to revert back to that powerful stage in this case. Also there are names to mewtwo's forms which I think his y version is called the "awaken" form from the movie.
Im not surprise if the reason behind their primal forms would be linked to the red orb and blue orb like the original game (remember those two orbs were the reason why team magma/aqua needed to awaken groudon and kyogre).
Correct me if im wrong though.  

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:28 pm
Koribara of Diffursity
Kor Saiyajinkami
scream scream scream

wth are you talking about? mewtwo had two megas in x and y

Really? I haven't played X & Y yet, but I thought Mewtwo's form change that was shown prior to release was considered a Form Change, not a Megavolution. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't some Internet Spammed outrage about how they were giving Legendary Pokemon Megavolutions even tho they aren't supposed to evolve because they don't need to evolve.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:30 pm
Mayviline
Kor Saiyajinkami
scream scream scream

Did you get the pokemon x and y? o o''
Those versions are first ever to mention mega evolution while the remakes of pokemon sapph/ruby are the first to mention primal forms. ^ ^''

Also regular pokemon were never strong to begin with hence why a trainer is needed to make a bond form... thus mega evolution FOR THOSE pokemon to make them really strong. (Think that was the gist of it from playing pokemon x)
However some/certain legendaries were battling each other like ever since... Over the years their power dwindled a little. Primal form is to revert back to that powerful stage in this case. Also there are names to mewtwo's forms which I think his y version is called the "awaken" form from the movie.
Im not surprise if the reason behind their primal forms would be linked to the red orb and blue orb like the original game (remember those two orbs were the reason why team magma/aqua needed to awaken groudon and kyogre).
Correct me if im wrong though.

Are they calling already existing Form Changes prior to Gen 6 Megavolutions now too or only the ones introduced in Gen 6?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

starkaat

A Pal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:27 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami

Really? I haven't played X & Y yet, but I thought Mewtwo's form change that was shown prior to release was considered a Form Change, not a Megavolution. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't some Internet Spammed outrage about how they were giving Legendary Pokemon Megavolutions even tho they aren't supposed to evolve because they don't need to evolve.

Mewtwo's new things are definitely mega evolutions, and there was a fair amount of internet griping about it (along with the other already-powerful pokes that got megas). Like all prerelease complaints it died off after a while and people played the game regardless. I would guess those who weren't happy about the idea simply don't use the mega feature, so it's not much of an issue. /shrug

Formes are all still formes and still work on their individual rules, not the megavolution ones. Future gens will probably feature both formes and mega stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:35 pm
starkaat
Kor Saiyajinkami

Mewtwo's new things are definitely mega evolutions, and there was a fair amount of internet griping about it (along with the other already-powerful pokes that got megas). Like all prerelease complaints it died off after a while and people played the game regardless. I would guess those who weren't happy about the idea simply don't use the mega feature, so it's not much of an issue. /shrug

Formes are all still formes and still work on their individual rules, not the megavolution ones. Future gens will probably feature both formes and mega stuff.

Well I'm very displeased with the idea of Legendary Megavolutions since Legendaries are supposed to not evolve because supposedly evolution is for those that aren't powerful enough prior to evolutions so Legendaries don't need to evolve since they are already strong enough. That will always bother me most likely, but I'll suck it up and deal with it tho probably still complain about it from time to time THO since I haven't got to 6th Gen in the games or the anime yet I'll just put that on the backburner to be dealt once I catch up.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Zefurr

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

8,875 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:08 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
starkaat
Kor Saiyajinkami

Well I'm very displeased with the idea of Legendary Megavolutions since Legendaries are supposed to not evolve because supposedly evolution is for those that aren't powerful enough prior to evolutions so Legendaries don't need to evolve since they are already strong enough. That will always bother me most likely, but I'll suck it up and deal with it tho probably still complain about it from time to time THO since I haven't got to 6th Gen in the games or the anime yet I'll just put that on the backburner to be dealt once I catch up.

thats your own personal opinion. i personally like the fact theat legendary can mega evolve and i cant wait to use mega latios and latias as well. and if you dont like em then dont use them plain as simple  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:35 pm
Koribara of Diffursity
Kor Saiyajinkami
starkaat
Kor Saiyajinkami

thats your own personal opinion. i personally like the fact theat legendary can mega evolve and i cant wait to use mega latios and latias as well. and if you dont like em then dont use them plain as simple

Well I don't like them cuz I'm pretty sure I recall it be said officially somewhere (in the Canonical Anime I'm thinking) that Legendaries don't evolve because they don't need the power up, so I find that they've given some of them even Temp Evolutions as displeasing, but it won't stop me from using them just like displeasing s**t that happens in tv shows and anime won't stop me from watching them cuz I'm too loyal of a fan and I also think it's kinda stupid to lessen the experience of a game because you're not exactly happy with a new addition to the latest game in the series.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

TwilitOni

Tenacious Healer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:25 pm
Dudebro, I don't know where you heard that about evolution being exclusive to those that need to power up, but I'm pretty positive it's false. Not saying your lying. I'm just saying you might have misunderstood or misread something. Evolution is a natural occurance in the pokemon world, in both the games and the anime/manga. It's the equivalent of insect metamorphosis: When a pokemon reaches a certain point, it just evolves. And that's been shown on numerous occassions(Such as the group evolution ritual of the Bulbasaur line in that one episode. Remember how Ash's Bulba didn't want to evolve but was basically being forced to by nature?). Plus, the anime's canon is....highly debatable a lot of the time(A heavy rain is enough to put out Charmander's tail and possible kill it, but being completely frozen solid apparently isn't even close to enough to put out Charizard's? Really?). Many Pokemon have forcefully evolved themselves when they needed to in the heat of battle(mostly Ash's pokemon, and that's mostly because Ash is an absolute s**t trainer). But most seem to just evolve as a natural progression.

Legendaries follow a completely different set of rules from regular pokemon, and not everything is even known about legendaries. Hence why they're legendary.

Furthermore, mega evolution is a new discovery in the Pokemon world according to the games/anime, and it's technically not even a full form of evolution. According to the games/anime, mega evolution is a power that occurs when a Pokemon and its trainer are in perfect unison with each other. It can only happen when a pokemon and a trainer who have absolute faith in each other are each holding a mystical stone that is charged with an intense amount of evolutionary energy(when a pokemon evolves normally, it supposedly releases a burst of energy unique to the evolution process). Mega evolution is a temporary burst of that energy which allows a pokemon to tap into its true hidden potential.

With that being said, here's how I see how mega evolution works in legendaries. Legendaries are so powerful naturally that they rarely ever even have to use their full power. They're so strong and so long-lived that their power wanes as the years go by. When paired up with a trainer who has a mega stone for them, they're able to tap into their full power that has been laying dormant within them purely out of a lack of use. It's like when you work out, become the best you can, and then stop working out for a long time and lose all that strength and such that you had when you were at your peak. With a little work and a mega stone, you can instantly regain you lost full strength for a brief moment.

The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games