Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:20 pm
Das Tor

Of the litter, Noh'Vah often wondered if she was the only cub actually worthy of being her mother's heir sometimes. Kabi was a poofy ball of fluff, and her other siblings were - well some were sador, some not - but she, in her mind, was obvious choice in terms of heiress. She was fit, healthy, and practiced daily honing her skill, especially now her inner demon, Soprano, was recognized. Soprano, who whispered tricks for bringing pain and victory as quickly as possible.

Kabi on the other hand had declined her inheritance, prefering the young in the pride to the old or to her duty. Not that Noh was angry. Not her.

Today, the small lioness was laying in a moonbeam, watching her sister examine the damage done by rogues and two-kegs as she danced about, hidden in the dark by a fine brown pelt, and Noh grumbled.

"Kabi, you're a ******** flake." Noh growled.

Kabi blinked, looking over, and pouted, before looking the other way.

So much to SEE. Maybe the rogues were nice!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:24 pm
Kyouko sniffed at the remains of a kill, curious. Hadn't it been alive a moment ago...? No. No, it smelled very dead. How odd. Another odd thing was the fact it seemed drained of blood. It wasn't a demon kill, though. Too...different.

The sound of voices and activity brought the seer' head up, ears swiveling to catch the sounds. Oh! Her fellow pride mates! Dark paws tread through the long grass until she caught sight of Kabi and Noh. She smiled in her odd, calm way and practically bounced over to the pair.

"Hello cousins!"

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:28 pm
Das Tor

Kabi perked, bounding to Kyouko and greeting her cousin with a purr, nuzzling her and rubbing against her with a purr and a meow, and Noh watched, the more proficient seer seeming content as usual and Noh got up, stretching before padding over.

"Hello cousin. What brought you so far out?" She tilted her head. "Visions?"

Kabi rolled her eyes, giving Kyouko a mighty lick.

"Noh's grumpy."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:56 pm
Kyouko nuzzled Kabi return, their shared small size an odd thing considering her own father. "She is, is she?" Her dark gaze turned to Noh, amused. "I'm exploring. Unlike you two, I was not raised here." She frowned. "There are signs of others having been here. Recent signs. And my visions haven't been of aid..."  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 pm
Das Tor

Kabi licked Kyouko contentedly.

"Rogues!" she affirmed happily. Noh growled, claws flexing before she looked to her cousin.

"I haven't tried to look yet," Noh admitted. "But I don't like that they haven't hit. Otherwise..." A face.

"Kabi's being fluffy."

Kabi rolled her eyes, nuzzling Kyouko happily again.

"Grumpy. Maybe the rogues are nice?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:36 pm
"Rogues, yes. Strange rogues, though." She tilted her head from side to side. "Like demons, but too pale. Draining the blood from their prey, like a demon." Little flashes of vision had hit her, though she didn't recognize them as such...as per usual. Her perception of things was, as always, more than a little skewed. She shook herself, then nudged Kabi.

"Perhaps. Perhaps they are cruel. We won't know until we find them." She chuckled. "If we find them. Like ghosts, they seem."

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:41 pm
"Pale bordering on demonic?" Noh raised a brow idly, then growled. "Will I need to try infiltration?"

Kabi, however, ignored her sibling to nuzzle Kyouko. Unlike them she was no seer, and she nuzzled her softly.

"If we find them, we find them. As long as they don't steal our kills." Kabi said amenably. Unlike many, she knew it was something Kankri would have preached before they scattered, and while she worried about how vocal Kankri had been, she didn't attack, and instead, Kabi was kind to him, a rare right.

Kabi sighed, shrugging.

"All we can do is keep alert, cousdin. Not all of us are seers."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:53 pm
"I...I don't think so, Noh. You shouldn't need to infiltrate." She motioned for Noh to come closer, that odd smile still on her muzzle. "Yes, alert. That is all anyone can really do. But...I do not see violence. I do not see much of anything regarding them, but no violence." There was something odd about the ghostly figures that danced through her visions, though. Familiarly odd.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:59 pm
"I guess." Noh pad closer to Kyouko, nuzzling her cousin softly. Kabi perked, bounding over to groom Kyouko with a good deal of warmth.

"No violence is good." The brown demon said happily. "I like not fighting."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:34 pm
Kyouko let herself be groomed, nuzzling Noh back. "Sometimes, violence is needed. It's just the way of things, especially when you have a demon in your soul. But...if we can avoid violence? Then all the better. Less blood wasted, less resources wasted." War could be such a messy, messy thing. She had seen as such firsthand. And she had been the priestess for a god viewed as both a harbringer of war and the peak of civilization.

She knew how fragile that balance was.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:36 pm
"For all we know it's unavoidable." Noh grunted. Kabi rolled her eyes again, nuzzling Kyouko.

"I don';t like War."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:18 pm
"Oh, I know. But if it can be avoided? All for the better." Kyouko sighed, shaking her head. "I've seen war, cousins. I have seen the wounds it creates, the ones that run deep and far beyond what healers can repair. I have seen the scars it leaves on the soul of a pride, the haunting it leaves in the eyes of those who survive. And most often? The ones who suffer the most are the ones who fought with their own paws and the little ones who must try and weave the broken whole back together." She'd seen it not just in person, but in her visions. Long ago, and long in coming. Multiple prides, multiple places. War did not discriminate in the wounds it caused.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:31 pm
"I don't fear war." Noh growled. "If war comes, so be it. The female shrugged. Kabi, however, was not impressed, leaning on her sibling.

"Noh, fighting is scary!" She objected. She'd seen it far too often to admit, and disliked it, every time. Noh snorted.

"You're weak is all." She grunted. "That's why you refused to talk to Primitus or bother with our birthright. We can't afford weaknesses."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:43 pm
Kyouko eyed Noh, then snorted. "One day, you will feel different." She sighed, shaking her head. "There is no weakness in wishing to avoid war, or acknowledging you are not made for leadership. Better someone who will do well than someone who will falter at the first test. if you play to your strengths, you are a better lion for it. Sometimes, Noh was so thick-headed!  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:22 pm
"Sher could've at least tried." Noh snorted irritably. Kabi flinched, pressing into Kyouko quietly, and hid her face.

"...mn..."  
[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces