Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:56 pm
PRP between Ausdauer and Atlas
(Cajmera & Roman Foi)

Certs link to teepees.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:57 pm
Atlas felt the ground brace against her when she landed, noticing that last night’s thunder storm had made the grassy plane softer, almost mud-like. In her cave the night prior, when she heard the storm brewing, she couldn’t help but worry about the mysterious stallion she’d met a few days before, concerned if he had found shelter. He seemed as if he was smart enough to find something before it had hit, but what if he’d left? She’d hate to see him go, without saying goodbye. They’d only just met!

She glanced around, feeling the ball in her stomach tighten. She didn’t see the large male and his proud wings anywhere in sight. She sloshed through the slippery field, glancing around for Ausdauer. The satchel that weighed around her shoulder and neck swayed her movements, annoying her as it bounced off her leg with every step it took. She'd brought some dry food from their territory, sure that grass in the plane was probably not fit to eat until it dried up. Where was he?

Cajmera

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 am
Muck, muck, muck; everywhere muck. Ausdauer appreciated rain for it's many benefits; making the grass and other greenery grow, keeping the ponds and rivers full. But man, it could be annoying being caught out in it! When he had seen the telltale signs of the gathering storm, he had weighed his options; the meadow was not a great place to find shelter, but there wasn't anything in the immediate vicinity he liked any better. So after a lot of thought...he had simply retreated into the edge of the forest, grumbling the whole time about the proximity of the trees.

Though he couldn't complain about the results; between the tree branches and his own massive wings, he had come out mostly dry. But he couldn't say the same for the meadow, which was wet, boggy, and generally unpleasant. It had only taken him a few steps out to send him back into the shelter of the trees, and there he stood, once again forced into close quarters with the forest. How unpleasant.

But he didn't have to dwell on those thoughts for long, as he was soon distracted by a much more entertaining sight: a pink wind mare, slipping and slithering along through the grass. Yeah, rain was not easy for ground transportation...

Wait. He knew her, didn't he? Yes, she was the sister from the brother/sister dynamic duo. Craning his neck around, he looked to see if the brother was present, but no; she seemed to be alone. What was she up to, all on her lonesome?

Well, there was one way to find out!

Stepping out of the shelter of the trees, Ausdauer raised his wings to cup around his mouth and called out to the mare, "Watch your step, if you don't want to get stuck or slip and fall on your rump!"

Roman Foi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:43 pm
In surprise, Atlas jumped, feeling her feet go flying as her squeal split across the plane. Unable to regain her footing in time, she slipped in the slick muck, sprawling none too gracefully on the muddy ground. Crumbled in an embarrassed heap, she stayed there blinking, trying to figure a way to just sink into the ground and never resurface.

Deciding that wasn't happening, she thought it about she got up. Moaning as she tried to shift her weight back into the vertical position, she realized with dismay that she'd fallen on her satchel. "Awe." she murmured, almost back to her feet. Hair and half her body covered in mud and grass, she looked up to see Aus standing in the distance, and she grinned wide, amused by her own clumsiness. Cupping her wings around her mouth, she called back, "Oi, thanks!"

Cajmera

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:09 pm
Whoops. Obviously, even the best of intentions could sometimes go awry, as Atlas' somewhat spectacular spill only proved to demonstrate. So much for trying to be helpful! Still, Ausdauer wasn't going to let his good intentions go to waste.

He wasn't so talented as to be able to school his expression; the slip and fall had been far too funny, and given her 'thanks,' she didn't seem to have hurt anything important in the fall. Consequently, it was safe and fair to laugh! But he resisted that impulse, reining his amusement in to only that wide, toothy grin. As he trotted up to the mare, his own larger hooves providing him with slightly better traction, he gave her a chuckle as well. "I was going to offer you a leg up, but it seems you managed well enough on your own. Sorry I can't offer you any help with...well, with that," he said, gesturing generally to the mud grime that covered half of her body. "But at least you carry the look off with panache?"

Roman Foi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:13 pm
Atlas looked upward at the stallion in a mock-flirtatious manner, complete with batting her eyelashes. "Panache? I'm going to assume that was a compliment, as it better had be seeing as you're reason I'll need to find a deep pond soon." Her grin turned into a softer smile, thinking that it wouldn't be hard to find a deeper water source seeing as much ran had came last night. Splaying a wing forward, she whisped a muddy feather on his snout. "A little dirt never hurt anyone, though. No worries." Her smile spread a little more as she thought of her brother. Ooh if Pyrr could see her now, he'd be in full crisis mode; red alert, and she suppressed another giggle.

"Out of the goodness of my heart-," she started, adding dramatic effect, "I wanted to come and check up on you seeing as you weren't from around here and don't like the forest." She pulled the satchel around forward and riffled through with her snout, "I had brought you something to eat but... Well." She frowned, looking back up at the stallion. "I kind of, might have smushed it..." Her cheeks grew a little warmer under her pelt at her spill earlier, now seeming more embarrassing than before. "Sorry about that..."

Cajmera

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:21 am
Well, she didn't seem to be bothered by her slip and slide in the mud, Ausdauer noted with approval. He could understand a desire to look well as well as anyone, but Soquili needed to be able to roll with the punches, to laugh at the absurdity of life when it was sitting right in front of them. It was easy for folks to be too serious, Ausdauer himself included, so it was great to see someone laugh about being muddied in front of a witness!

So he grinned back at Atlas, shaking his head in a mock denial of her (technically accurate) accusation. "Hey, I was just trying to be helpful. Is it my fault you ended up being so twitchy? For all we both know, that mud has some unknown health benefits. Besides, aren't you the one who likes adding natural touches to one's looks?" There were few things more natural than mud, after all..

But it was a look that best complimented her, for sure. He hopped back a stride as the muddy wing rubbed against his nose. "Hey, brown isn't my color; I'm more in the blue-black range, unlike you yourself. So I'll thank you kindly to keep your makeover plans to yourself, in this one occasion." Still, his tone was light and his smile merry; it was obvious he was teasing, and that he didn't mind the mud. "And I appreciate the thought that brought you here, even if the execution..." His lips twitched with mirth before he finished, "Fell a little flat." But pun finished, he grinned and nosed at the satchel himself. "Seriously, though, I'm sure the food is fine. You can't smoosh greens, and a flattened fruit is still edible. I'm really not a picky eater."

Looking up, he gave her a true smile, not a grin; it was less common look for him, but no less earnest. "Seriously though, thanks. It's a very nice thing."

Roman Foi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:44 am
"Twitchy? Twitchy?" Her laughter tinkled at the description, her wing moving to cover her mouth in mirth. "I've never been described as twitchty, sir. And if 'for all we know there are hidden health benefits' why would you flinch back then, hmm?" She grinned with mischievous glint in her eye, taking a stalking step forward, posing to smear more mud of the stallion. He certainly was funny, she noted, eyeing him in jest. So much like a fun-loving Pyrr. Maybe this was how Pyrr was when he wasn't playing babysitter? "And if I remember correctly you looked dashing with a natural touch."

She folded her wings back in, as she rolled her eyes at his poor, poor pun; but her smile that split wider showed she found it amusing all the same. A for effort, she thought to herself. She then leaned her neck to let the strap fall, setting the satchel at his feet. "You are most welcome... Aus, was it?" She returned to trying to scrap the excess mud off her side before it dried in the air, finding it was caking faster than she expected. "I think you need a mud bath so we match." She said casually, giving up to reach over for a mouth full of leaf.

Cajmera

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 pm
"Well, congratulations on your inaugural twitchy moment, then, Atlas, because that routine you did back there could certainly constitute twitchy. Don't worry though; I personally found your clumsiness to be rather charming." Ausdauer couldn't resist; it had been a long time since he'd met a Soquili so able to laugh at herself, especially a female. Ausdauer had always had a bit of an eye for the ladies, and humor was a strong point in Atlas' favor. Consequently, he wasn't about to pass up the chance for a good flirt; how else was he supposed to keep his charm skills up?

Though obviously, she wasn't going to go all googly-eyed at him any time soon; no swooning mare would be smearing mud in his face! Chuckling, he jumped back again, waggling a stern wingtip in her face. "Now now, you're going to mess with my coloring, I told you. Brown is complementary to you, less so to me, so I'd thank you to keep it to yourself while I turn my attention to this surely excellent bag of treats you so thoughtfully brought to share with me." With a grin, he returned his attention to the bag of snacks, poking his nose in to better investigate the contents. "You're right, it's Aus; or Ausdauer, if you ever want to be formal, but Aus works. And what snacks do we have here?"

Roman Foi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 pm
Atlas only grinned at the goofy stallion, noting his humor was kind of lame, but in an adorable way. He obviously tried to be funny, and that in and of itself was giggle-inducing. And if she wasn’t mistaken, was he flirting with her? Oooh, then it was a good idea she hadn’t invited Pyrr along for today’s venture. She was certain the stallion wouldn’t dare offend Pyrr by flirting with his baby sister. The idea that someone was flirting with her sent a wave of butterflies through her stomach, thinking about how she’d be hoping someone would show a little interest in her eventually. She was still raw about the only boy to ever express interest and felt those butterflies turn to rocks that dropped suddenly in her gut.

Quickly shifting her thoughts to a more appealing matter, she smiled her acknowledgement at him that masked her flicker of unpleasantry. “Oh, uh, we have these things my mom calls pears, some long grass that grows in a patch near our den, and I think I grabbed a few berries and what not. We keep a stock, and generally never run low on much so I just took a bundle of things. I hope you like them.” She said, nosing in for a pear for herself.

Cajmera

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:37 am
If Ausdauer had been able to hear what Atlas had been thinking, he might have said something like 'challenge accepted.' He had never been the sort of stallion to be cowed or deterred by a mare's male relations; after all, there was nothing wrong with his behavior. It was complimentary, and he'd never meant any harm. If Pyrr had been there, he probably would have done the same thing, albeit it more outrageously. He did love to yank people's chains...

But as he wasn't privy to Atlas' thoughts, there was nothing for him to do except continue as he was. From within the bag, he said a muffled "I think the berries may have gotten a bit smooshed, but everything in here smells good. I'm sure it'll taste good as well." Emerging from the bag with a pear in his mouth, Ausdauer settled into the important work of eating. He'd never had a pear before! "Tasty. A little tart, nice and crisp. And the berry flavor goes well with it." Finishing the pear, he returned to the bag to snare of the grass. "An' weh' balanced," he added with a smile. "Seriously, good choices, Atlas!"

Roman Foi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 am
And if Atlas would have been aware to Aus' thoughts, she find that this kind of guy she could hang around with. If he'd only known some of the things she put Pyrr through for the sake of a good laugh. Embarrassing him in front of strangers, or so called "yanking their chains," was in her top three favorite past times.

She bowed as gracefully as she was able, and given her recent display of balance, it was quite elegant. "You are most welcome, Aus." Returning up right she went for more food as well, musing as she chewed. "You know, I never thought of mixing berries with this stuff but it really is good. I'll tell my mom--she'll be shocked at how domestic of an idea it was." She giggled, before adding, "I'll be sure to mention it was brought on by the efforts of a strange stallion lurking in our neighboring plain. I'm sure she'll be curious to come and meet the newest resident."

She reached for more grass but felt a snag of her skin being pulled by the now hardened mud on her neck and side; at least the thinner caked regions were hardened. "I think I need that bath sooner than later." She commented, feeling her pelt becoming all the more painful as it was pulled at when she shifted or moved. She flared her wings, thinking out-loud as she determined which water source to try. "The stream isn't really deep enough to easily wash this off... and the closest pond I know of is a pretty far flight. Hmm."

Cajmera
Sorry if this sends you multiple notices. @_@ I see typos and fix them~

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:02 am
"I guess it just goes to show you, never underestimate the power of random chance." Finishing his fruit-smudged grass, Ausdauer considered the food for a long moment before deciding he'd better call it good. There was no reason to eat to the point of discomfort, not when the food would keep perfectly well. He might be a big stallion, but he was no bulked up giant! "And you should share that knowledge; it was a pretty tasty meal, I'm sure your family would enjoy trying it out themselves. Though if you're going to be sending visitors this way, you should probably do it sooner rather than later."

Grinning, Ausdauer stepped closer to Atlas, making a big show of examining her rapidly hardening coat of mud. "I think the mud worked a lot better when it had flexibility going for it; at this rate, you're going to be frozen up and at risk of tipping over. Lucky for you, we just had all that rain, remember? The stream ought to be swollen enough to more than handle that coat for you," He said, jerking his head in the direction of the stream. "How about we hoof it before you fully statuify," He said, giving her a playful nudge. "I'll even push you in the water myself, like the gentleman I am."

Roman Foi
Ah, I was wondering about that XD Mystery solved!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:35 am
Atlas gave pause, flicking her ears at his comment. "How come sooner than later?" She sounded sad, expecting he was going to say he was moving on soon. But he couldn't! She'd just made a new friend (at least it was a budding friendship with quite the potential), and she was in desperate need to keep them. Pyrr loved her because he was her brother. Yes, they shared a special bond, but it wasn't like a friendship formed from a chance encounter. She was especially lonely after Brande leaving her, the thought sending a wave of queasiness through her stomach.

Feeling the nudge, she 'snerked,' eyeing him warningly. "Why, gentle sir, how absolutely thoughtful of you. Luckily I'm a modern woman that can certainly push herself, though. No need to exert yourself." She giggled turned to follow the stallion to the stream, that from here, she thought still looked too small to get all of the mud off without adding more to it in the murky bottom.

Cajmera
xDD haha I bet Aus would love to push her in the stream.

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:19 am
Actually, Atlas had hit the nail on the head on her first try. Ausdauer was not a 'settling down' kind of guy; he was always on the move, though the time in between moves could vary. He liked this meadow well enough, but it was still a meadow. There was nothing to compel him to stay, and he was already starting to feel the itch to wander. Soon, if not right now. And he was matter of fact about that, shrugging his shoulders and responding, "Well, I'm a rover. Always have been, always will be, so....I hate to make long-term plans that involve being in one place."

He said this as they made their way to the stream, grinning at her declaration of 'modern femaleness.' "Well, don't let me stand in your way, then, if you have a preferred dunking technique," he said as he gestured to the stream with a flourish of one wing. "Also, you want to head towards that area over there, the one with the swirling water. It's deeper there than closer to the shore," he added helpfully.

Roman Foi

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces