Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[DUEL] Come and Get It (Kitwana x Phosphor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 2, 1, 1, 2 Total: 8 (5-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 pm
User Image Kitwana let out a slow breath as he licked his lips. This was it. He was finally here to take this challenge. He had been wandering the outskirts of the pride for some time, watching and learning, and he had the feeling that he knew how the pride worked. There were those that could leave - that's what he wanted to do - those that remained in the pride, and those that remained but worked for the ones mentioned before. He was sure there were others as well, but from the time he'd spent around the Stormborn, that was what he had gathered.

Kitwana had also seen a few others fail and succeed at joining the infamous pride, and he knew how to ask for a challenge. He lifted his head to roar, the noise echoing around the rocks. There...now he just had to wait for someone to come. Then he could prove himself. Hopefully. There was always the risk that someone might come and just be far too powerful for him...hm.  
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 1, 2 Total: 14 (5-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:45 pm
User Image Phosphor hummed to no one in particular as he walked along the outskirts of the pride, his tail flicking back and forth. He seemed to be agreeing with a voice that wasn't speaking, for every now and then he would nod. Finally he spoke up, although his voice was little more than a murmur.

"Yes, I can see why it might be good to take a dark Thrall...but I prefer having those beneath me stick to the proper coloration. Well...proper for home," he said with a soft sigh. It was hard to conform to the norm here when he had grown up in such a different place. He was silent, again listening to someone that wasn't walking with him, before clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"We shall see about a mate. I'd rather have a variety of cubs. Perhaps even with one of these pale coats to integrate myself further into this pride. A few of them are quite nice to look at-"

He was cut off by a roar, and he blinked in surprise as he spotted a lion standing not too far from where he was. Oh...his first challenge! The conversation forgotten, Phosphor roared back and trotted over to the male, a grin on his face.

"Hello! Welcome to the Stormborn. Do you wish to come in? I'm afraid you'll have to impress me first."  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 pm
(Turn 1, 2)

Kitwana was surprised at the speed in which his roar was responded to, but when the lion rounded the rocks with a grin on his face, he knew he was ready. This was it, time to prove himself worthy. The question made him nod and he crouched down, not bothering with introductions or pleasantries. He was here on a mission and that mission was to win! Or at least, impress the Reaver before him. He darted forward without warning, claws out as he slashed at the other lion.

(Turn 1, 4)

Phosphor laughed when the other lion nodded, "Oh, not a big talker, hm?" he asked. "That's all right. Now, how this works is-" But he was cut off as the other lion lunged. Thankfully, Phosphor was skilled in fighting even before coming here, and the move was easy enough to catch. He dodged it and used the lion's momentum against him, raking his claws down his side.

"Ah, usually I mention that it's good form to state your name. I"m Phosphor," he said, not at all phased by the attack.

(Turn 2, 2)

The dodge and returned attack made Kitwana roar in surprise. The cuts down his side weren't bad, but they did sting and bleed as he swung around to face the other lion. He continued to snarl, not at all pleased by the easy-going attitude the other had.

"Kitwana," he said, glad that his voice was still strong and steady despite the sudden worry clouding his mind. Was he going to win? He thought this was going to be easy...this guy didn't seem too easily impressed, though. With another lunge he darted forward, this time ducking out of the way and moving to swipe at Phosphor's paws.

(Turn 2, 3)

"Ah, Kitwana, that's a lovely name," Phosphor said, glad the other male wasn't a whiny thing. He was taking the little scrape with pride, or at the very least tolerance, and that was the true mark of a Stormborn. To take a hit and keep on coming. And come he did, once again moving in a very obvious manner. Phosphor sighed and jumped out of the way, letting his hind leg kick Kitwana in the nose on his way by.

"Your moves are a bit blundering, Kitwana, although I do admire your spirit," he said as he landed, turning to face the other male once again. "Unfortunately you'll have to impress me with both spirit and prowess to get in."

(Turn 3, 1)

Phosphor's paw came up and clocked him right in the nose, making Kitwana see stars. He gave an annoyed snarl in disapproval and spun around, trying to use the moment to his advantage. The other lion seemed to enjoy talking quite a bit, and he was hoping to find a hole or opening to get in a swipe. Thinking he saw one as Phosphor went on and on about impressing him, he dove forward, teeth bared, ready to latch on to Phosphor's flank.

(Turn 3, 4)

The attack, however, was easy to spot. Phosphor side stepped the attack and, deciding to let Kitwana know he meant business, used his own teeth to grab the other lion's back. He bit down hard enough to break the skin and gave a good shake, knocking the lion from his feet. He let go after that and backed off, his old profession of discipliner taking over. You were supposed to make them suffer, then back off so they could wallow in their pain and misery.

(Turn 4, 1)
The pain that exploded through his body was enough to shock Kitwana into stillness and he fell like a limp rag doll to the dirt. He was in pain, but with a wiggle of his toes he knew it wasn't anything serious. This lion was crazy! He looked up at Phosphor, breathing heavily. It would take a lot more than this fight to impress him, that was for certain. He looked away, ashamed at himself for failing so badly. Perhaps he was trying too hard...that was always a shortcoming of his. When he wanted things badly, he'd over-do whatever he needed to do and would end up ruining his moment.

(Turn 4, 1)

Phosphor let Kitwana take a break, feeling a bit badly for him. He had had a tough match himself to get in, but had impressed the Reaver enough to let him through. This one though...his moves were just too obvious. "Perhaps you should come back another time," he suggested, a little grin on his face. "Heal up, practice your fighting moves. You're a big, strong lion, there's no doubt about that. But your finesse...eh. It could use some improvement."

(Turn 5, 2)
Kitwana knew when to call it off. He nodded at the suggestion and lifted himself up, grimacing at the pain shooting down his legs. He bobbed his head in thanks towards the lion - he didn't want to be rude in case he had to face this male again - and turned away to find a place to lick his wounds. He didn't want to be seen for a while, not after this mess.

(Turn 5, 2)
"Feel better!" Phosphor called after Kitwana as he headed back into the rouge lands. He sighed softly and shook his head, licking his lips to get the blood off his muzzle. "Now, what was I saying? Oh yes! Finding a pale female to get cubs from. There are some rather fine females around here, strong and hearty, that are pale." He fell silent, listening once more to an unheard voice as he walked off, back in the direction of his den.

FIN
WC: 1327  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces