Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Just Ditch Him! (Euanthe x Vellamo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 pm
Timeline for our sanity: After Kaveh and Vellamo met Nuru, before the family goes back to the monster pride.

Well this sucked. Vellamo stiffened a growl, she had to control her temper especially around her own mother.

Kaveh had been kind enough to inform her that he couldn't convince Nuru to join them, even after he had made all sorts of compelling deals. Since scaring him didn't work, and acting nice wasn't getting anywhere Vel decided the source of the problem had to be with Eua, not Nuru. Besides, the black hyena seemed far too stupid to Vellamo to understand bribery.

"Mother!" She called out. Oh Hanma she hoped this would work. If it didn't she was going to drag her mother back home by her ears. Though Kaveh might use his military training to stop her, even if he was a pacifist he wasn't hesitate to use violence when told her asked to. That's why Vellamo assumed he had found his calling as a Ghadhabu and not a Kukoa. Smarts were not required to be a mindless killer...

"Mother, let's chat?" She tried to be friendly. Try being the key word in anything to do with Vellamo and her relation to the word 'nice'. "About that boy, that you like. I believe his name is Nuru?" Ugh. Nuru Moyo, it was impossible to forget.

Leasano

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm
Euanthe was surprised when Vellamo talked like this. She acted like the parent in the relationship when in actuality it was the opposite. ”What is there to say about him?” Euanthe asked waiting for the lecture her daughter frequently gave.

Euanthe always worried that Vellamo was a little to mature for her age she never had a chance to act like a child. Euanthe felt slightly guilty for that but on the other hand it seemed as if Kaveh would never grow up.

Her daughter always seemed to be planning something and this time it would have something to do with Nuru. Euanthe knew that neither of her children liked Nuru that much but they never went as far as to confronting her about it. She wanted her children to like Nuru but it seemed as if that would never be a possibility.

Her daughter could say anything she wanted but Euanthe would always love Nuru even if they have to live the rest of their life apart she will never be able to forget about him. Euanthe just hoped that her children would be able to understand at least that; that they could somehow forgive her for just that. Euanthe was afraid though that her children wouldn’t even listen to her.

CaliWolfe

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:13 pm
Eua was correct to be fearful of her daughters hate. But not for her own sake but rather for Nuru's. Vellamo hated that hyena deeply. On a level far more extreme then it probably should have been. She and him had even come to the understand that she was going to eat him alive if he so much as touched a single hair of Eua's fur. Even Kaveh seemed a little concerned at times of Vellamo's viciousness.

Then again she had always hated mortals. Finding out she was half related to one? Well, that sort of threw her off balance.

"Mother, please tell me what you intend to do about him?" Vellamo began. "You know he won't follow us home don't you? Kaveh and I even went to speak with him personally about it and he declined." By declined with Vellamo it was more or less him running over hills to avoid her jaws. "And we can't keep hanging around here forever, everyone back home will miss us." Or her, to be more precise. Vellamo was an oracle seer and her services were more or less in demand as of late.

"I just want to understand mother." She tried to sound sincere. Really. "But I just can't, so explain it for me? Please?"

Leasano

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:40 pm
How am I supposed to explain it to you?” This was an unreasonable thing for her daughter to ask of her. How are supposed to explain why you are in love. There’s no reason behind it you just are. You can’t stop the feeling even if you wanted to. Her daughter was too young to understand. She would have already understood if she had a true love. ”I won’t be leaving you.” She didn’t understand why she was angry. It was not as if she was leaving the pride or her children she was just in love.

”I’m not even leaving the pride.” How could she see everything so selfishly? Just because Vellamo didn’t like someone she assumed that everyone in the family wouldn’t like them either but that is an unrealistic expectation to have for everyone. ”I can’t stop loving him even if I tried and trust me I have.”

”You will understand when you love someone like I do him.” Euanthe felt as if she was repeating herself what else was there to say. That was it she loved him. She could think all day about how to not but it wouldn’t help because at the end of the day her love would still be there. It will always be there.

CaliWolfe

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:55 pm
Vellamo let loose a low growl at her mother's hostility. However she kept the growl low, to herself, a personal seething. She hid it with a cough and stood tall, proud and straight. If anyone in the family should have been a Ghadhabu it should have been Vellamo. But instead she chose the path of a thief and stole items regularly for the sake of pride survival but also for her own amusement. Much like the other Kukoas.

"Mother..." She sighed, feigning distress when she merely wanted to shake some sense into her parent. But she knew better and held her tongue. "Please understand Kaveh and I. You know better then us the rules of the pride, and those rules state that loving a mortal is..." She sought the correct word. "Forbidden."

They didn't actually state so, but social based rules stood against such behavior. Rules that Vellamo full heartedly supported. "Please, just forget about him! Nuru isn't worth your time mother! And if he isn't willing to leave his little mortal-pack then is he even worth your love?!"

Leasano
family drama level +2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:51 am
”Then by what you’re saying I’m not worth his love either.”Euanthe would not leave the pride or her children for Nuru and neither would he. The small pride that Euanthe was in could not survive with a lake of members. Nuru loved his pride too much to be able to leave. Euanthe always tried to understand that but she couldn’t help but be somewhat disappointed.

Euanthe didn’t even know what to say anymore. What was she supposed to say? She said all that she had to…all that she wanted to. She was just exhausted now from having to reinforce her point so many times. She knew that her love for him was wrong but she couldn’t help it.

Love for a mortal how could that not be allowed? It was always said that mortals we not on the level as the high and mighty beasts. They never would be. Recently though most mortals joined the pride and were put though tests to prove their strength and were accepted. If Vellamo could accept those mortals Euanthe didn’t understand why she couldn’t treat Nuru the exact same way. It was not as if she was breaking any law by loving Nuru. She was just breaking an unspoken one.

There was never a monster that had loved a mortal. Except once long ago. That mortal happen to betray his lover and in angry the rule was made. The more Euanthe thought the more she knew that Nuru would never do anything wrong. He just wasn't the type to do something like that. She wasn't sure if her children were being stubborn or just worried. They might have been worried that she would be kicked out of the pride for this love. Euanthe knew that wouldn't happen because they needed her. They needed every member at the moment.

CaliWolfe

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:41 am
"Don't be ridiculous that's not what I'm saying at all." Vellamo huffed. "He won't leave his pack, you on the other hand can't leave the pride." The way Vellamo saw it Nuru was the bad guy. She refused to let her mother think other words and was becoming increasingly frustrated when their little "chats" would blow into full fledge arguments.

But Vellamo loved her mother, she wouldn't leave her family alone. Nor would Vellamo if presented the choice. They often fought but forgave each other quickly, like most families did. It was only the matter of Nuru that was ongoing.

She was aware of the old children's tale of when a mortal and monster loved each other. And as much as she wanted to deny it her mother's love life was starting to look exactly like that little Mwenzi tale. It was almost as if those small fairies were following them right now, recording a new story to share later to their brethren.

"Mother." Vellamo bowed down in a sign of respect, subservience to her parent. "There are tons of other mortals out there who would more than happily join the monster pride we live in. Heck there are probably monsters out there who would fall head over heels for you. But mother, Nuru isn't that mortal or monster." He wasn't willing to give up everything to live with Eua. Much like what Kaveh perceived as being true love, he didn't commit to it.

Leasano

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:16 pm
”I know all that already but it’s not something I can just erase.” Euanthe did not hold the power to erase all the days they spent together, all the time she spent falling in love with him, if she did there wouldn’t be a problem.

”You can’t erase love you can only embrace it for what it is!” She wanted her children to just let this one thing slide.

”You don’t understand how different I would be today if I never met him.” It was true before meeting Nuru she was shy; she was in search of something, a meaning of life.

When she met Nuru she was braver more able to stand on her own and she changed for the better. ”You probably wouldn’t even be here if I didn’t know him.”

Was that really something that Euanthe wanted to say? She wasn’t quite sure at the moment she just knew that she was angry. That she needed to fight for to most valuable love of her life.

It may have seemed silly to others but it was something she couldn’t let go. It was something she would always remember as clear as the day.

She didn’t want to say things she would regret to her only daughter she hoped that she wouldn’t end up doing something horrible all over love. ”Vellamo…” Euanthe only wanted to know how her daughter was feeling. Why she was doing all of this?

But it was always something that would remain unknown. ”I will always love you more than Nuru as well as your brother because family is something different.”

CaliWolfe

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:34 pm
Vellamo had to bite her tongue very, very hard to not lash out at that comment. She said nothing but allowed her mother to continue speaking, mostly because had she actually managed to get a word in it would have been mustered through seething anger and rage.

She was so furious at the moment that she felt like shoving that Nuru off a cliff! Oh, and you could bet she was going to watch and enjoy every moment of it while he clung on for dear life. "Yes mother." She said when Eua finished speaking. "I understand, I... I'll leave this subject alone now." She tried to act scared or timid about having her parent lash out at her but Vellamo deep within was fuming with the desire to kill someone.

She wouldn't go through with it though she simply needed to relax. That and get as far away from the graveyard pack as possible to be happy. Then and only then would she finally leave her mother alone on the issue. Well... Most likely she would at the least.

Leasano

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:18 pm
Euanthe smiled when Vellamo agreed to drop the subject. Euanthe knew that her daughter was still very angry but at least she understood that this topic was one that shouldn’t be addressed as much as it was being.

”We should go find your brother.” Euanthe always had a habit of changing the subject after fighting it seemed to work often though. They could act like a normal family by talking about simple subjects such as dinner.

It was another of those times that she changed the subject. They would now talk about Kaveh, food, and water in till they reached their destination. It would be considered small talk and not that meaningful however in situations such as theirs it meant everything, and more.

CaliWolfe
The End

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out