Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 pm
User Image

Furiza didn't like to leave the sanctity and quiet of her snowy home, but she was just a lion and lions had needs, Needs like food and water, and even warmth every now and again. So even though she liked the snow, she was away from it, wandering the rogue lands to fulfill her various needs before she could return to the snowy world she loved.

She didn't want to admit it, but sometimes it was just nice to be around the rogue lands because there was company there. She had yet to meet anyone up in the colder region of Africa.

Though she wasn't sure she was going to meet anyone this trip. She had already traveled a while without coming across another animal.

Sighing softly, she sat herself down in front of a watering hole, gazing into it. Her blue fur sparkled back up at her, reminding her that she looked very different from a lot of the other lions she had met. She had a large wing on her body- it wasn't normal, was it?

She wasn't normal.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If Furiza wasn't normal than Lynnedslag was definitely not normal. He might have had yellow, a little more natural color for a lion, and born with brown and orange on his snout and legs. But Lynnedslag also had bright black and yellowish wings along his back.

On top of his irregular appearance he was also loud. A little too loud some would say. "HELLO!" He bolted out. A rumble from his stomach as he shouted across the savannah. Up ahead at the watering hole, anyone there was most definitely aware of HIM. Lynned also walked rather proudly, jolly humming accompanying his step. "Hello." He greeted a tree. "Hello." He greeted a bush, finally "Hello" he greeted the only animal he saw, Furiza. "Your pretty, what is a pretty lady like you doing here looking all sad?"

Another fact about Lynned: he wasn't exactly subtle.

Cajanic

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:54 am
Furiza nearly jumped out of her fur when she heard someone scream hello somewhere in the distance, the female lion looking around in shock and concern. She spotted the male heading her way, but it didn't seem like he had actually seen her. Actually, it didn't seem like he had been speaking to anyone.

Except rocks and trees... oh, and now he had seen her. She offered him a smile when he approached, and couldn't help getting embarrassed when he called her pretty.

"Oh, well, I don't know about pretty," she said softly, "but I'm not sad. Just... thinking about stuff, that's all. What about you? why are you saying hello to everything?" She was honestly curious. Was he just being nice? Maybe trees needed kind words every now and again, too.

She couldn't help but feel happier when she saw the wing-like marking on his back. So there WERE other lions out there who had them!

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:19 am
Cajanic

Lynnedslag nodded while following Furiza's words but paused before giving a shrugged in response to why he had been speaking to everything. "They deserve love to." He decided to say. In actuality he had just been greeting them without notice they weren't animals. He usually was loud and captured everyone's attention so when coming to a newer area would greet everyone despite their obvious displeasure at his noise. He had simply failed to notice today that those were not animals and there were no animals near them until after he had said hello.

Maybe he should have walked with his eyes open more...

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:24 am
Furiza smiled at his response- that was not what she had been expecting, in all honesty. She had thought he might have tried to deny what he had done, or explain himself in some very strange way. But she considered his answer a surprisingly good one.

Maybe they did deserve love, too.

"Well, maybe I'll greet some trees later," she hummed lightly, "doesn't seem like such a bad thing. You must be a very kind lion! And I have to say, I really like the marking on your back. I hadn't thought there were other lions with markings that looked like wings on their fur."

She hadn't wanted to just blurt it out. It had been something on her mind and it probably sounded out of no where for her to be mentioning such a thing to him. But she couldn't help it... she was really happy she wasn't the only one.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:51 am
Cajanic

"Oh.. I wouldn't say that exactly..." He chuckled at her calling him kind. He most definitely wasn't kind when he was picking fights with other males or attempting to steal kills from leopards before they could drag their prey up a tree. But besides from that then yeah, maybe he could be considered kind or "nice" within a certain range.

"Oh, you like it?" He gazed at his back. Oh yeah, that was there wasn't it? Lynned hadn't really paid much attention to the fact that he had a wing pattern on him. It stopped being entertaining after he had grown beyond being a cub. Recently he had forgotten all about it.

He shrugged after turning back to face Furiza. "Other lions are just unlucky then. To not have awesome wings." In his mind they were all envious of his awesomely amazing good looks.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am
"You think so?" Furiza asked softly, "do you really think... it's not something weird?" She looked over her shoulder, checking out the wing pattern on her back. She wasn't a God, nor was she related to one, so it didn't make sense for her to have a wing pattern, did it? Only Gods had them, from what she knew.

Then again, she wasn't really up to date on the going ons of other lions.

"sometimes I think others will think I'm a freak if they see that marking," she sighed softly, "I don't want to be considered a freak, you know. I guess I just like to stay away and keep to myself... does that make me weird?" Maybe trying not to be a freak was making her into one, after all.

It bothered her, that was for sure.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:29 am
"How can it be weird?" Lynnedslag asked. "Wings make us look like gods, that we can fly around and nobody can touch us." He was very, very proud of this. When other creatures were startled by his wing patterns then he would laugh. They were envious, jealous even of his pure awesomeness of having god-like wings. "Even if we can't wings are still awesome. Birds have wings right? they're pretty cool."

Staying away, keeping to yourself... Lynnedslag wasn't like that so he couldn't really understand. But to fear rejection based on what you look like? Yeah, he could maybe relate to that. "I'm called a freak all the time." Well, that might be because he was one. But that was a minor detail that Lynned chose to overlook. "But if you show them how much you're not a freak then they won't bother you. Besides they're just jealous. When they say freak they mean awesome but in jealous language."

Cajanic

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:35 pm
Furiza smiled faintly. "Yes, I suppose that's one way to look at it. Though, when I was younger, I was teased for having this marking. They said I was trying to look like a Goddess, and they mocked me for it. Shunned me, even. I didn't know what to do, because I had only been born with the marking, it wasn't like I had made it myself, you know? It was very disheartening." But here was someone with an entirely different, and refreshing point of view of things. She liked it.

She even let her smile grow a little bit, the lioness coming a bit more out of her metaphoric shell.

"Is that what they mean? Well, I suppose I could try looking at it like that if I go and try to speak with lions some more," she giggled lightly, "and you're right- you're not a freak at all! You're a very kind, handsome lion, and the wing marking only helps with that!"

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 pm
"Well I don't know about that." He was pleased to be called handsome and was practically glowing with praise because of it. At the same time Lynned was not the nicest of lions either. He had the nasty habit of picking fights with those who he had conflicting opinions about. He also was quick to fight another for their prey or go and steal his stolen prey back! Violence didn't solve everything and Lynned knew this, as this conversation proved. Yet he still often would find himself in them. He was troubled if only because it seemed unnecessary. Well on that remark his loudness was also unnecessary but he wasn't willing to quiet down either now was he? Violence was just who he was, he decided and left the subject at that.

"You bet! Talk to ALL of them. Not all lions are jealous so I'm sure you'll meet some nice ones that way." He pointed this out to her. "Some don't even care about my wings when I speak with them." Usually he got requests to speak a little softer not remarks and snickers on his wings. When that happened he would simply ignore them.

He paused for a moment to think of what else he wanted to add. "Jealousy is just flattery in disguise. So don't let it bother you so much."

Cajanic

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:53 pm
Furiza smiled. "Thank you for talking to me," she said lightly with a bow of her head, feeling much better now that she had met someone who wasn't a complete jerk. she knew things could have gone a lot differently, and she was happy she wasn't feeling as though she had been chased back to her home from the rogue lands. Instead, she was going back happy.

"I should go now. I hope we can meet again some time! It really was nice getting to talk to you." She hummed lightly and turned to leave, not wanting to ruin things by sticking around too long.

The meeting had been perfect as it was. If she wasn't careful, she would ruin everything.

CaliWolfe
Last for me!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:53 pm
"Nice to meet you as well!" Lynnedslag boastfully spoke. "I'll see you around." He, as well, turned to take his leave. It was a pleasant experience, to meet someone who also shared a wing marking and wasn't quick to refer to him as an idiot or a blockhead for being so unnecessarily loud. As well he was able to help her understand that jealousy was not necessarily a negative thing, depending on the lighting you shed upon it.

Lynned almost seemed calmer as he walked away from the area, and although he avoided from greeting plants and trees this time he still had a jolly bounce in his step as he walked. He briefly wondered for a moment, just who he would meet next? But then again, did it really matter?

Changing the topic that danced through his mind Lynned turned his black eyes upwards, and gaze at the sky as if to read it like a map. His glance to the sky foretold him of a possible storm on the horizon. The very thought of such a thing made him grin with delight. After all, Lynnedslag loved storms that were as wild and loud as he was.

Cajanic
The End.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out