Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:40 am
User Image

"Excuse me."

Trotting to catch up to the other Soquili, Omriel fluttered her wings in a vain attempt to fan herself. From her conversations with the locals, the current temperature wasn't considered that hot -- alarming, but not actually surprising, as she seems to be the only one constantly overheating -- but she was still unused to it.

Eventually, she would acclimate, of course. But in the meantime--

Coming up alongside the stallion, she glanced at him with her eyebrows slightly arched. "I beg your pardon, but can you direct me to the river?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:04 am
User Image

On any other given day, Orpheus probably wouldn't be out and about like he was right now. It was hot and he wasn't fond of the heat since it usually meant his 'open' wounds would start itching or become irritating. Though when he heard the soft voice of a mare, he turned his head noticing right away that she had wings, probably flutter like his mother always was fascinated with. "Sure." He said in a light tone wishing he could reassure her with a friendly smile, but it was impossible with the jaw he had.

He slowly began to walk north, which was the direction of a river he often frequented. He could tell she was hot from the constant flapping of her wings and he wondered if finding some shade would be her next task. "This is one of the hottest days by far." He mentioned, his head straightening up as he kept an eye out for anything that looked threatening, though he usually scared everyone away. "What brings you out in this heat? Traveling or do you enjoy the sun?" He wasn't fond of the sun, but he also didn't hate it. You need it to live after all.

"My name is Orpheus. What is yours, miss?"

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 am
With his attention on her, Omriel realized with a slight start that he was not well. No, perhaps not unwell; he didn't seem overly distressed or in pain, but she'd never observed someone with quite the affliction that he seemed to have. She would assume wounds, but he wasn't bleeding -- but if they were old, would they have not scarred over?

She tucked the questions away, giving her wings one last fruitless flutter before falling into step with him.

"My name is Omriel," she said, inclining her head slightly toward him. Though her tone was quiet, there was a thread of relief beneath her words, more evident as she added, "And I'm pleased to hear that. I am unused to the heat, clearly."

There was a fine sheen of sweat down her back, and she'd never regretted her long make as much as she did since arriving in the Kawani lands.

"And not overly fond of it." She measured her pace against his, gaze falling to his front leg, traveling over the torn skin and exposed bone.

She pursed her lips, frowning slightly.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:33 am
User Image
She was right. It was obvious that she wasn't fond of the heat and she didn't really seem to care to hide it either. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He told her in his usual soft voice showing no signs of anger or distaste. "Either am I. My kelpi lineage makes it a little bit of a nuisance for me. It dries out my skin and sometimes I get cracks, but I have learned to make sure that doesn't happen." He told her softly as they continued on their way. He made sure to duck under some shade once in awhile so that the sun didn't beat down on them the entire time.

He glanced over to her noticing the look he was being given. He followed her eyes down to his leg and shrugged his shoulders. "It doesn't hurt. Sometimes it become irritated, but that is all." He mentioned to her wondering if she found it disgusting looking or fascinating.

"I was born with the wounds you see. I have been told it's a mutation from my genes so I learned to live with them." It wasn't an easy thing to do either. Most of the time he still found himself as odd or unattractive. Others he came across seemed to have found him fascinating which he didn't fully understand.

"We are almost there. Just a little further."

derivative

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:42 pm
Omriel nodded along to his words, allowing herself to be pulled into the lull of conversation to distract from the heat and her discomfort because of it. Though not the sort of creature who needed socialization to be content, she had been feeling particularly out of place and had found herself missing her friends and family more and more. She'd been lucky so far to have encountered kind Soquili; a few had even warned her against the more dangerous types, though she'd yet to find them.

It was only a matter of time, but she was content to put it off as long as possible.

"I'm glad it doesn't trouble you," she said simply, dismissing the topic as easily as it had come up. She was curious, because she'd never seen someone with the affliction he had, but there was no point in risking offending him while he was still guiding her. "And I appreciate your assistance. I normally travel beside the river, but I've been exploring."

Necessary for finding a new home, but inconvenient when the sun is out in full shine.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:21 am
User Image
The older stallion could tell the mare didn't want to talk to him about his afflictions and it was definitely something that shocked him at the very least. Usually others were curious about his ailment and wanted to know how he could be walking around with exposed bone on his leg and an exposed jawline. He was so use to the questions and the expressions on people's faces that it didn't bother him anymore. He was born into a rather odd looking family so being odd was the norm to him. "Ah I see. I have found myself doing that a lot as well and it's something I don't typically do either." He told her lightly as the river was starting to come into view before them.

"There it is." He said softly as he trotted to the edge lowering his head down taking a fairly large drink of the water. It felt nice to have something refreshing go into your body. He raised his head and looked over at the mare taking in her features a little bit more. "So your a flutter-kirin? Or is there another breed mixed in there?" He asked and for once he was being curious.

He curled his tail around his hind leg and watched her. No emotion showing on his face and his light blue dead looking eyes just stared at her with curiosity.

If his mother were here she would be bouncing with joy at the sight of a flutter.

derivative

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas