Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Stewart Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:22 pm
The Stewart Family

Known Family Members as of October 15, 2056

Jack Stewart Sr. ("Grandpa Jack") (d. 2042) Father of Jack Stewart, husband to ? Blood Status: Muggle (NPC)

Jack Stewart (b. 1986), Father, Husband of Agrippina. Blood Status: Muggle (NPC)

Agrippina 'Penny' (Quinn) Stewart (b. 1991), Mother, Wife of Jack. Blood Status: Squib (NPC)

David 'Dave' Stewart (b. 2017), Younger Son of Jack and Agrippina. Blood Status: Squib (NPC)

The Quinns:

Quentin Quinn (b. 1959), Father of Agrippina and Arabella, Maternal Grandfather of Danica and David Stewart. Blood Status: Pure-Blood Wizard (NPC). Looks like Edward Hermann (not face-claimed)

Katarina Quinn (b. 1964), Mother of Agrippina and Arabella, Maternal Grandmother of Danica and David Stewart. Blood Status: Pure-Blood Witch (NPC). Looks like Kelly Bishop (not face-claimed)

Arabella 'Bella' Quinn (b. 1989), Older Sister of Agrippina. Blood Status: Pure-Blood Witch (NPC), Hogwarts Alumnus, Hufflepuff House

The (Quinn)-Smiths

Danica 'Dani' Quinn-Smith (b. 2014), Elder Daughter of Jack and Agrippina. Blood Status: Half-Blood Witch (Player Character, detailed below) Currently works as a Healer Apprentice at St. Mungo's. Married to Andrew Smith (see below), mother of Ronald David Quinn-Smith and Brianna Cathaline Stewart-Quinn (see below)

Andrew 'Andy' Smith (b. 2013), Half brother of Veronica (Kiss) Walsh. Blood Status: Muggle (NPC) (see file below for full information) Eton College and University College London School of Pharmacy Alum (adopted 4/30/17). Married to Danica Stewart-Quinn, father of Ronald David Quinn-Smith and Brianna Cathaline Stewart-Quinn.

Ronald David Quinn-Smith (b. 2042), Son of Danica Quinn-Smith and Andrew Smith. Blood Status: Half-Blood (Player Character, detailed below)

Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith (b. 2045), Daughter of Danica Quinn-Smith and Andrew Smith, younger sister of Ronald. Blood Status: Half-Blood (Player Character, details in entry below)

Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/31/2017]
Updates Accepted by: ~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰 [02/07/2020]
Accepted Characters: Danica [03/31/2017][Andrew 05/03/2017]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:59 pm
Hi, my name is: Danica Quinn-Smith (I originally appended my maternal grandparents name to my own after my parents disowned me back in 2029. As I have since gotten married, I dropped my parents name altogether, and appended my grandparents name onto my married name.)

But I mostly go by: Dani

I'm a: female

I'm thirty-seven years old.

My birthday is the Twentieth of June, 2015, which makes me a Gemini.

I work in St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, specifically on the Fourth Floor, as a Healer.

My dream job is to be a full-fledged Healer, which I am at this point, so I'm in a good place in my life right now..

My blood status is a Half-Blood. My father is a Muggle, and I found out not long after starting school my mother is actually a Squib, whom lives as a Muggle, and has nothing to do with Wizarding folk. My little brother, David is a Squib as well, which ought to just annoy my father if he ever finds out.

The house I was in was Gryffindor

I was in the class of 2032

I'm interested in guys, definitely guys.

I'm currently with
Andrew Smith

I may seem I’m friendly and steady, ready with a warm smile and a kind word, and able to handle myself when things get tough. I’m total Amitybut I'm really Steady, reliable, flexible. I keep my word when I give it, and I’ve been told I don’t fall apart under pressure; whatever that's supposed to mean. I'm nobody's child and nobody's saint (that was my little brother's job when he was younger), I'm just somebody trying to get along in life, and do what I need to do.

With all the crap I had in my life, I’m the one my friends would come to when they needed help and advice, and a shoulder to cry on. Somebody told me once, 'friends are the family you choose', and I’ve decided it’s pretty much truth. I stick by my friends, especially since I really don't have much in the way of blood relations I'm on speaking terms with. I enjoy hanging out, laughing and having fun; I've just not had much chance to do it lately.

Sports have always been my escape, my chance to really be myself. Kicking a football or swinging a bat, doesn't matter which, I get to show people what I do, and I can get the chance to be a part of something bigger than myself. I like to compete, and don't mind working hard to win. It was this ethic which served me well for the seven years I was on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and it also helps me at work now.

Dad calls me a freak and a monster; I don't know if I'd quite go so far with that. I want to hate him and Mom, but I can't; they just don't understand me, and that's all. Unfortunately, my resolve not to hate my parents has been strained mightily in recent times, as my parents have recently cut all ties with me.

My background story is I got thrown out of the house the night my letter from Hogwarts arrived, and I know I won’t be allowed to come back home either. It wasn’t because of the letter, although it helped; no, the blame sits on my shoulders.

You see, I was my parents’ first kid, the one parents make all their mistakes with. I was expected to be the one with the good grades, and when I broke my mother’s heart by not wanting to be a ballerina and took up Cricket instead, well I was expected to become good enough to get a scholarship (academic or sports, my parents wouldn’t have cared which, honestly) if I wanted to go to college. I learned at an early age if I wanted anything like a life I’d have to make it happen on my own.

David, my …urm, ‘precious’, baby brother, didn’t have any of that to contend with. No, you see, my parents were pleased with whatever he did, especially if it was cute and ‘pic-worthy’, and got pretty huffy with me whenever I called them on it. Of course, he was ‘Mummy’s Little Angel’, even if he was a sneaky, spoiled little git, and I got blamed for quite a few of the tricks he pulled. Still, as long as I had my music and my books, did what was expected of me, played Cricket and Football, and got to see my friends, things weren’t too bad.

Then the weird things started happening. There was a glass vase, one Mother bought at a church rummage sale, which exploded when David and I were having an argument. She thought he broke it, especially when he worked so hard to protest his innocence. It took a few more ‘incidents’ for me to figure out I had something to do with them. A boy at school made fun of me, and got hit by a locker door hard enough he needed stitches afterward.

Mom and Dad were really wondering how David was breaking things around the house, particularly the day they saw the cookie jar spontaneously detonate without him having touched it. It happened when he whacked me in the mouth with one of his toys, because I wouldn’t let him sneak a quick snack before dinner. I got a split lip out of it, and stuck with cleaning up all the broken glass and the blood.

I also figured out they knew more about what was going on than they were saying, and heard them mention my Aunt Bella when they were sure I wasn’t around to catch it. When I asked them about her, they’d change the subject. I’d met her a few times previously; she was my mother’s dotty older sister who lived in a large old house in the woods outside a nearby town, and she owns lots of cats.

Whatever fears my parents had about me were confirmed the morning an owl showed up with my letter from Hogwarts. Yeah, that was something I’d never seen before: Owl Post. At the time I didn’t know it would become a very familiar sight for me to see owls delivering the mail like carrier pigeons. I also didn’t know to expect my mother’s reaction.

When she saw my letter, my mother’s first comment was, “Bloody marvelous. You’re a freak, just like my sister.” Angry as I was, the owl was flying back with my reply within five minutes of its arrival; I figured a magic school just had to be better than the public one I was attending, and anywhere else was better than where I was then. Funny thing is, thinking back, I forgot to even ask Mom if it was okay to accept the invitation. Lucky for me, I had Cricket practice to go to, because, right then, I really wanted to hit something.

I came back from practice and found David rummaging around in my room for some CDs he wanted to swipe. Honestly, I didn’t mean for David to get hurt, but angry at him as I was, I’m guessing my magic picked then to lash out, and he was the target this time instead of some inanimate object. I watched my baby brother get launched out of my room, and flung a good ten feet into a wall hard enough to shatter the plaster, producing a David-shaped impression in the wall.

In all my life, I’ve never seen my parents so angry or so frightened. They were yelling at me for hurting David while they were rushing around to get ready to take him to the Emergency Room, my father hit me in the stomach so hard I nearly threw up and Mom told me to leave that night and never return. To this day, my parents won’t take my calls, and it was claimed he was so badly injured he was in a wheelchair and screamed when he heard my name.

Well, I couldn’t stay with my friends, because their parents would surely ring for the police to be involved, and I didn’t want to be locked up somewhere, so I figured my best hope was to find my Aunt, who lived outside the nearby town of Abergele, near the northern coast of Wales, not far from Colwyn Bay. Took a couple of days of walking, it was a longer trip than I remember it ever being, but I lucked out and met up with her at a grocery store. Good thing too, as I was pretty hungry by then, and I’m not sure how much further I could have walked if I hadn’t found her.

As it worked out, she was a witch too, and attended the very same school of magic I received my letter from. For seven years she matriculated as a Hufflepuff, and she told me the experience was the best thing which ever happened to her. It was at Hogwarts I would make new friends and find a safe haven to learn how to control my magic. However, for the time being I had a place to stay, her house in the woods with its weathered yellow paint, and the stray Half-Kneazle cats which always seemed to be lounging in and outside of the place.

So there I was, hoping for a second chance in life at the tender age of eleven, and hoping things would work out better for me. Aunt Bella (short for Arabella) took me in, and so I had a place to crash. Dad showed up not long afterward, and he gave my aunt a piece of paper to ‘sign me over’ to her like I was a second-hand car. I was upstairs that evening, but I still heard him tell her that I was a ‘freak and a monster’ or that as far as he and Mom were concerned ‘we don’t have a daughter any more, and I was as good as dead’ to them. I never cried so hard in my life, my father couldn’t have hurt me more if he’d shoved a knife through my heart. The only thing which made that night survivable were all the cats coming upstairs to comfort me, nuzzling me and yowling sympathetically, and Aunt Bella cradling me in her arms and telling me better days would come.

It was that night one cat in particular bonded with me, a six-month old Himalayan which I named ‘Sassafras’, and she’s been my companion ever since. When I woke up the next morning, all cried out, there she was curled up on my chest, watching over me with a big blue eyes.

I found out later they told all my old friends I died in some accident, and that was the end of it, at least as far as they were concerned. My parents washed their hands of me, hoping all the while I had met with some gruesome fate.

Aunt Bella took me for my first shopping trip in Diagon Alley, where I got my first real look at the world I’d been thrust into, my electronic items wouldn’t work, and magic was a real thing which was a part of me. I saw broomsticks which could fly like speeder bikes, and there was a game one played while riding them.

I won’t lie, I was nervous coming to Hogwarts, and I was a bit lost, since I had no knowledge of magic, and knew nothing of what was to happen. I was sorta expecting to make a declaration, spill blood into a bowl like they did in the ‘Divergent’ novel, instead it was just a talking hat, and it said, ‘You have a competitive spirit, And a faithful friend, I am pretty sure the pressure will make you stronger for those traits alone... Gryffiindor!

That first year was a real whirl of activity as I got into learning how the school worked, and I started making friends, like Cathy and Brisen and Veronica and Leo. Best of all was having the chance to learn how to fly a broomstick, and trying out for Quidditch. After playing on the girl’s football and Cricket teams at my old school, how could I not try out for the Gryffindor quidditch team? I proved I could play when I stole the Quaffle from a much older player and made a run for the goals. May not have made the First Team, but I made the Reserves on guts alone.

I also had trouble controlling my magic. One day in Herbology class I accidentally incinerated a plant … and the pot… and the table it was sitting on. It was with good reason I was always a little nervous when it came to Charms and other classes where I might be called upon to cast magic, where I risked having my magic go haywire on me.

My best friend, Cathy and I became friends the day we had a class discussion in History of Magic, and Cathy ran from the room after some Slytherin girls teased her when it was suggested that Squibs were stealing magic from Pureblood wizards. Veronica and Leo and Tanya and I started out as just being teammates on the Quidditch team, but as time went on we grew into being friends, with Veronica ‘adopting’ me as a sort of kid sister. Because of all of them, I stopped being a ‘jeans and Tee shirt girl’, and more of a ‘girly-girl’, becoming more adventurous with my style.

When Veronica got into a confrontation between a friend of hers and another older student, while we were watching one of last matches of the year, I was ready to back her up in whatever she had a mind to do (at least as much as one scrawny little First Year could), I knew then, more than anything I wanted to be like her, self-assured and capable, and the kind of person others looked to when it really mattered. After that, I became a ‘mini-Veronica’, just as she was ‘mini-Drage’, following Jacob Drage.

It was during that summer I was introduced to the Quinns, Quentin and Katarina, my maternal grandparents, and it was one of the scariest meetings I ever had, because I so afraid they would reject me like my parents had. They were delighted to learn they had a magical granddaughter, considering my mother was a Squib, and a disappointment, while my dad was a Muggle. All of a sudden I was part of a family again, a family which didn’t see me as being less than what they wanted me to be, a magical family; it was a sense of belonging I didn’t want to do anything to ever cause the Quinns to rescind.

When I started my second term, at least I knew what I was in for, and there would be my friends waiting to tell me all the exciting things they did over the summer. I wouldn’t be all alone in the company of strangers on the train, not then and never again. It was great coming back to school, even if learning how to cast magic was still a bit scary. With a season under my belt, I was able to make Reserve Chaser again, though this time because I’d become a pretty good pilot and I wasn’t afraid to compete for the Quaffle.

Looking back now, I know how silly it was, but I developed a crush on my history teacher, Professor Grayson Powell. I even went so far as to all but throw myself at him in his office, in a vain attempt to get his attention, and even tried to finagle a job as his assistant. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I failed utterly, as the professor was clueless, and he was already dating my Head of House.

That summer I had to pick out elective classes, and the Quinns insisted I have some sort of career goal aside from some muzzy-headed ideas of playing professional quidditch. In fact, they insisted I take Wizard Law and Healing Arts, or they wouldn’t allow me to take Advanced Flying, and if I couldn’t keep up in my classes they were prepared to make me quit the team. Not wanting to be the same disappointment my mother was to them, I did as I was told, and loaded up on classes. They rewarded me with a birthday tea where I was allowed to invite my friends to attend, Grandpa Quinn took me to see a Harpies match, and I got to buy my own clothes.

With all those new classes, and learning all the positions in quidditch, my Third Year was a busy one. It didn’t help our Healing teacher threatened to feed anyone whom flunked the OWL to her pet vulture, or that our new Herbology teacher looked and acted like a closet serial killer. This year, though I fell for Elijah Pemberton, a rather eccentric boy from Ravenclaw House, whom was an actual albino. The strangest off-the-wall comments would come out of him, but I really was head-over-heels for him. Still, he was my date for the Yule Ball which took place over Christmas break, and I had the time of my life.

During this year one of my wishes came true, when Leo needed me to help her decide what do about her boyfriend, David Avery, whom she strongly suspected of having cheated on her with a Slytherin girl named Sapphire Snow. I’m glad I was able to help her, since now they’re married and have a child of their own, and David is a friend and co-worker of mine these days. I guess things worked out well for all of us.

It was also this year I faced my boggart, where my fear that my magic would really hurt somebody took the form of the one person whom I did just that. Yeah, my boggart took the form of my baby brother, a pathetic child in a wheelchair, accusing me of doing horrible things. I wasn’t able to face that boggart myself, and Professor Reed had to see it off, but when Eli’s took the form of Slenderman, causing him to run from the classroom, I was able to beat it, and then go find Eli afterward.

It was for this reason I took a journey Aunt Bella wasn’t happy with me for taking. During the summer, I flew to my parent’s house on my broomstick, because I needed to know the truth of what happened to my brother, after I put him into a wall. It was risking being seen by Muggles, but I had to do it. When I saw him, I was relieved to learn he wasn’t confined to a wheelchair, and seemed no worse for his experience.

During that summer, I also trained myself up to be ready to contest for another position on the Quidditch team, as I knew I’d never get to be a Chaser with so many others contesting for those same slots. When school started up I felt confident enough to be ready to try-out for any other position on the squad.

Sure enough, my Fourth Year tryout was probably the best one I’d ever had in my career at Hogwarts. As a Keeper I stopped every shot which came near the goals I defended, and as a Seeker I beat Julius to the Snitch every time, charging hard on my broomstick. I was rewarded with … Reserve Seeker. Yeah, I was totally underwhelmed by it all, but at least I made the team again.

Being part of a couple was certainly a learning experience, especially when Eli knocked Cathy off her broomstick during a match. I found myself defending Eli from David’s (Cathy’s brother) anger, and managed to alienate Eli somewhat by commiserating with Cathy over the way she’d been targeted by Bludgers. Things didn’t get any better in the romance department over the summer, when Eli was kidnapped by some lunatic (the fact and details of which I was completely oblivious), and David and Cathy’s mother died rescuing him. Eli wasn’t the same again, Cathy had hard feelings, and my relationship was strained as when I really needed him Eli wasn’t there.

After attending the funeral, I resolved to mend things with my own family, and visited them not long afterward. Cara League’s death and subsequent funeral gave me time to realize I needed to mend relations with my parents. As much as things were never easy between me and my folks, and how the key to my survival through childhood was finding outlets for my anger and my desire to belong to something whom actually wanted for me to be a part of it, I also knew if something awful happened to them before I could find some way to heal the rift between them I wouldn’t forgive herself.

This time I made the trip to my parents’ house, taking a bus, rather than risk a clandestine ride on my broomstick, and it took most of my courage simply to knock on the door, and wait for Dad to answer. The moment he gazed at me, I remembered hearing my aunt telling him four years ago, ‘For God’s sake, Jack, she’s your daughter; you can’t just sign her over to me like a used car.’ The big, burly ex-footballer didn’t slam the door in my face like I expected, instead he allowed me to come in and even let me sit on the chesterfield in the living room.

I soon saw mother and David, whom now was almost as tall as I was, and was starting to look more like our father. Unlike the boggart version of him, David was walking around just fine, though he started glowering the moment he laid eyes upon me. They, at least, gave the chance to state my business before Dad told me, “Danica Stewart, you’re no child of ours. We don’t have a daughter anymore; she died the night she left for that school. In fact, if you want to start calling yourself ‘Danica Quinn’ that’s just fine by us. We’ve moved on from you, so don’t ever come back here, and don’t bother calling us again.”

I tried hard not to start crying until I was out of that house, and the door was slammed shut at my back. Aunt Bella arrived on her broomstick and flew me back home. From there on, I’ve considered myself an orphan, and an only child. In fact, I decided to change my name, and while my grandparents were flattered, Grandpa Quinn told me while I could append Quinn to my name, I was not to drop the Stewart, as he pointed out that while there might be a divide which may never heal between us, they gave me life, and for this I owed them at least that much respect. So now I’m Danica Stewart-Quinn; a name which sounds a lot more important sounding than I really am.

In the midst of all the unpleasantness, I got an envelope from the school, containing a red and gold Prefect’s badge. Never knew how I merited such an honour, and would have thought it to be somebody’s idea of a cruel joke until I saw the accompanying letter from my Head of House. After having my sense of worth battered by the rejection of my erstwhile family, knowing I’d earned a measure of trust from Professor Harlowe gave me reason to feel hopeful.

I spent much of the summer, and all of Fifth Year studying for OWLs, when I wasn’t busy with classes, Prefect duties, and dealing with an increasingly distant Eli. My boyfriend went so far as to change his appearance, and he kept his ordeal from me, as it was becoming clear to me he didn’t feel he could trust me with his secret. Yeah, that really helped me feel better about myself. It also didn’t help I was fearful of the Quinns’ reaction if I scored poorly on the exams, and it was reflected when I had my conference with Professor Harlowe on the subject of career choices, as she felt I was concerned more about staying in their good graces than I was about my own future.

When it came time to leave, I was ready to go, and ready to put what had been a pretty crummy year into my past. Then the Death-Eaters attacked the train station. Rather than run to the safety of the train, like Cathy and Eli did, I stayed and helped battle the Death-Eaters, to give the younger students the chance to escape. As I saw it, I was doing what was expected of a Prefect, and nothing more. When Ashley Yaxley was healing Leo’s little sister, Grace, after she’d been injured, I stood and fought the Death-Eaters off. I was prepared to take an Avada right then, if it meant sparing one of them.

Once the battle was over, I stayed to help out any way I was able. Needless to say, my family was worried when the train arrived in London, and only my luggage and my cat showed up. Grandpa Quinn drove up to Hogsmeade that night, and found me there, still tending to the wounded. Busy as I was, I wasn’t scared, not until he came to get me, and I clung to him for the duration of the drive home.

Over the summer, Eli and I broke up, and though he told me he just didn’t feel the love anymore, I know in my heart it was my fault. Though we remain friends, it still hurts knowing how badly I muffed everything. I was needy, and he couldn’t fill the void, and still I tried to lean on him. Not being part of a couple felt like the end of the world, but I was determined to bear up no matter how I felt. It was pretty sad to consider having a broken romance and surviving a terrorist attack made for a nicer summer than the one previous, but there you go.

Shortly after coming home, I attended Theo’s graduation party, which was at Veronica and Toby’s place. I met Veronica’s brother, Andrew Smith, whom is studying at Eton to be a pharmacist. I really found him to be nice, and we started talking.

When my Sixth Year started up, it wasn’t really the best of times. Quidditch try-out was a less than stellar outing for me. I made Seeker, but, to be honest, it was only because Julius died during the Hogsmeade Massacre, and there was nobody else with more experience on the team that I got the position, and I’m sure everyone else knew it too. Pru made Captain and Joel was made Vice Captain, which I didn’t begrudge them; after all, unlike them, I hadn’t played in an actual game before, and had yet to prove I was good for anything. We won one game all term, and the team played horribly, and I usually left at the end of the match a bloodied mess. When the House ended the term with only forty points, and several students wondered if they could get an even lower score next term, it was the first time I could ever remember being ashamed to call myself a Gryffindor.

I was surprised when I received the honour of Head Girl to start my Seventh Year, and it was made awkward when I learned Eli was made Head Boy. I was also amazed when Pru and Joel were able to stitch together something of a functional team this term, and I’d had hopes we might actually play well this term. Yeah, that feeling didn’t last long. Blood and broken bones was what the year was for me in Quidditch, and I was splattered across the pitch in one match, but, I was able to scrape a win out of the last match I played. At least I did well on my NEWTs, well enough I was able to put forward my application to work at St. Mungo’s shortly after graduating and getting my scores.

So now, I’m an Apprentice Healer at St. Mungo’s. I’ve been staying at my aunt’s house since graduating, as Aunt Bella really liked having my company, rather just having a house full of cats. Recently, Rosa and I have looked into moving into a house in the Cotswold, and I’ve been dating Andrew Smith. Second chances at life sometimes do pay off.

(2037) At this point, I'm still dating my long-term boyfriend, Andrew, and in fact, we just got engaged after he graduated from college. I'm still living with one my best friends, Rosabella, in a house in the Cotswold area, not so far from where her family lives, though I crash over at Andrew's place in London fairly often as I work a lot of long shifts at St. Mungo's. Oh, yeah, about my job: I'm one year away from being able to call myself a full-fledged Healer, and I really love being where I am, since many of the people I graduated with work there too. Whenever possible, I try to make it for Sunday dinner over at my grandparents' home, and I visit my Aunt Arabella whenever I can.

(2038-2039) The biggest thing which happened to me was getting accepted as a fully-fledged Healer at the hospital, after six years of being an Apprentice. It was nice making a friend of one of the newer apprentices, Lyall; one can never have too many friends, after all. Sadly, Andy and I had a bit of a rough-patch over our situation, with the biggest bone of contention was deciding when we might get married. More than anything, Andy wants to settle down, and we both want children (its taken me a long time to finally get to a place in my life where I can say that; guess one could say I've acquired a new boggart), however, I want us both securely into our respective careers before taking that next step. In the end, we agreed to tying the knot next year, and trying for children shortly thereafter. To celebrate our 'making-up', we took a trip down to the Cinqa-Terre region in Northern Italy.

(2040-2043): My career has continued along nicely at St, Mungo's, while Andrew's has gone on well as a pharmacologist. During this time I moved out of the house I shared with Rosabella in the Cotswolds, as Andrew and I decided we really needed to have a place of our own. We briefly stayed in an apartment in London, before finding a house not so far from my old place. In 2042, at the funeral for my grandfather (Grandpa Jack), after slipping in, so I could pay my respects without causing a scene, my brother and I had a chance to talk things over and patch up our relationship. While I had yet to ever forgive myself over what happened when we were kids, he'd mostly forgotten about it and moved on, and he understands the emotional abuse Dad inflicted upon me, while Mom did nothing to stop it. I invited him to witness my marriage.

Not long after this, I started taking classes in Muggle style first aid and some basic medical training, as I thought this could help me during the course of my work at St. Mungo's. It also provided me a chance to keep up with the technological advances in the field. While I know there's no way I can ever become a medical practitioner, such as a Muggle doctor, it would simply take too long for me to get all the training required, having a solid grounding in emergency procedures could help me.

Andrew and I finally got married, and that wasn't without its issues, mainly on my end, d'accord. After going round and round about who to invite, who should be maid of honour, and all that, and trying to figure out guest lists, we finally decided to get married by a justice-of-the-peace, and hold a big party for our family and friends. In the end, it was way cheaper and far less drama for all concerned, thank you, Andy.

Shortly after we got married, we learned I was pregnant. My biggest fear was that I'd end up being a failure like my parents were, or like Andy's mom, an abusive b***h. I wasn't sure I could be a parent at all, or adjust to have another person being dependent upon me. Then my son was born, and when I have my doubts, I need only look into his baby blue eyes, see the trust there, and he gives me the courage to be equal to it. I named him Ronald David Quinn-Smith; Ronald, in honour of Ronna, of course, David, for my brother, and Quinn for the family whom saved me from what might have been.

(2044-2045) Things around our home have changed a bit. The biggest change was when Andy was able to sign on with a major pharmaceutical firm as a researcher, which has always been one of his ambitions. What it has meant for us is an improvement in our financial situation, even if it means Andy puts in a lot of hours at work, and we were able to move into a new townhouse. We celebrated by taking a trip to Lanzarote, where we had fun soaking up the sun and swimming. Shortly afterward, we found out I was pregnant again. Andy joked there'd be a set of triplets on the way, and Ronald was hoping there'd be a baby brother for him to play with. Somehow, I knew these weren't taking place, and I was proven right.

Shortly after the start of the new year, Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith came into the world. She was named in honour of the grandfather neither of the kids (or myself, for that matter) would ever meet (Brian Kiss), and for one of my dearest friends (Cathy).

I enjoy Cricket, for starters, I was on the school team before everything went south on me, and I used to be a really good batsman. I also like Football, and usually played a Forward. When sides were chosen up for Football in gym class I was usually one of the first picked by the captains. That was before I attended Hogwarts and had to give up Muggle sports. I still like to watch the games, though, and I still root for the local Football team. Andy was a goalie in school, so it's nice we can attend matches together and yell and carry on like total dorks. I also still love Quidditch, despite my performance on the pitch, and I’m a Holyhead Harpies supporter.

I really like rock music, anything from the nineties onward, like Dave Matthews, Queensrych, Nirvana, Goo Goo Dolls, you get the picture, and I don’t go anywhere without my music.

I also enjoy stuff like the ‘Hunger Games’, ‘Divergent’, ‘Mortal Instruments’, and those sorts of books. Science fiction, fantasy, that sort of thing. By the way, I’m still waiting for Martin to finally release a new ‘Game of Thrones’ novel. Isn’t seven years long enough to finish the bloody series? Andy's a huge Star Wars fan, the same as I am, so that works out.

I enjoy cooking and learning new recipes. I may not have taken the classes in school (something I now kinda regret), but I’m not bad at baking brownies and cookies. There’s nothing like showing up with a batch of cookies to brighten somebody else’s day, and Any and I enjoy curling up on the couch to watch a movie, with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and milk.

I love to go flying around on my broomstick. It’s still bloody awesome, and it’s like riding a speeder bike in the old ‘Star Wars’ movies. My aunt says I’m a natural at it, but I think seven years of Quidditch practice had more to do with it than any degree of alleged talent.

I despise: I really don’t like bullies, the schoolyard variety, the arsehats whom I might encounter now or Neo-Death-Eaters; somebody messes with one of my friends, they’re going to have a problem with me. That might not end well, for either of us.

I also don’t like fighting. Yeah, Dad put me through those martial arts classes after a girl in our neighborhood got ... um, well let’s not get into that, and when the time came I thought nothing of battling Death-Eaters, even though I could easily have been killed. Be it with a spell or a right cross, I can hit and hit hard, but don’t take that to me I enjoy it. If I’m in a dust-up, it means I was pushed into it, so now, I’ve got two reasons to be upset with somebody.

Girl drama, Yikes. I’m sorry, anybody whom claims she can’t go on living without some guy needs to learn to stand up on her own. Don’t even get me started on the squabbles between girls. It’s all fun and games until the claws come out, I guess.

I really don’t care for Herbology, and the plants with the tentacles really creeps me out.

I’ve adjusted to not having electronics that operate in magical places, and having to handwrite things, but that still doesn’t mean I have to like doing it.

I'm afraid of: I know it hasn’t happened in years, and the first time it happened was the absolute worst, but I still live in fear my magic will go haywire on me someday and really hurt somebody.

My strengths are: I’m a hard worker and a good study, which has come in handy when I was at school, and has continued to serve me well since entering the workforce. I also have a fine eye for detail and spotting things others might miss. It was the only reason why I did as well as I did as a Seeker.

My flaws are: I’m really not a good liar, never have been, and its caused me issues over the years. I also get down on myself when I screw up, so I guess you can say I have confidence issues, and its caused me to have some real depression problems. I really don’t see myself as being ‘all that’.

I look like: Imogen Poots

My wand is a Eleven inches long, oak with dragon heartstrings. Several wands blew up in my hands until I found one strong enough to maybe survive.

My pet is a large puffy chocolate-point Himalayan named ‘Sassafras’, and I’ve had her since my first year at school. She’s a Half-Kneazle, weighs a good thirty pounds, and thankfully, she doesn’t know how strong she is. As she's gotten older, Sassy has become a real lap-cat; she will curl up and sleep with me or on me for hours at a time.

I also have another cat named Tether, whom I Vanished when she was a kitten, during my Transfiguration OWL. She nuzzled my wand and curled up in the palm of my hand during the exam, and the thought of handing her back to the Ministry was too much for me, so I took her home. I bet those Ministry guys lose more kittens that way. She's a real scaredy-cat, though; loud noises, thunderstorms, people she doesn't know in the house will have her hiding under the bed for hours.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Healing Class ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ O
Healing ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! After having studied French on the side as a sort of hobby, I can now say I am reasonably fluent in the language, though I’ll never be confused with a native Parisian. Having taken Welsh in primary school, as I come from Wales, and signs there are written in Welsh, I am fluent and literate in the language. I’m currently studying up on Latin to help me in my line of work, and am semi-literate and sorta fluent.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 am
Andrew Smith

BASIC INFORMATION

Currently: 35 Years of Age
Date of Birth: August 3, 2013
Place of Birth: London, England

Magical Status: Muggle
Family Heritage: English

Blood Type: O-
Eye Color: Blue Eyes
Hair Color: Blonde
Complexion: Caucasian
Height: 6'0"
General Description: A blonde haired male with blue eyes in his mid-twenties that stands at exactly six feet and with somewhat wiry muscles and often sports rectangular framed glasses.
Face Claim/Reference Looks: No official claim

Personal Information

Personality: Andrew is a confident young man, who has compassion and empathy towards others, perhaps thanks to the fact he had less than involved parents. However, he tends to be impulsive acting on whims without thinking at times and when he first meets someone and judges them on their character he makes very shallow and broad conclusions, which he only changes after getting to know a person fairly well after he's drawn his immediate (and often unfounded) conclusions on a person after his first meeting. As for his studies he does quite well in subjects that interest him, meaning he has struggled in classes such as modern language and Latin, while excelling in the sciences (especially the life sciences). He also is highly active and athletic, finding a fair amount of success at his school on a foot ball team where he serves as a fairly impressive goalie. Often seeking to be somewhat in the limelight, Andrew can be a bit needy when he feels he's being ignored and often clings emotionally to those he has taken a liking to. Fairly clever, Andrew, does at times find himself guilty of a somewhat overactive imagination and prone to elaborating on stories he tells friends or family or strangers to make something sound a bit interesting (even if the story is too far fetched after some embellishment).

Fears: Being forgotten

Strengths:

(1) is very athletic (his sport of choice being football)
(2) compassionate and empathetic of others

Weaknesses:
(1) he's impulsive
(2) shallow in his first character judgement of people.

Favorite Things:

(1) playing goalie in football.
(2) the Star Wars franchise
(3) reading medical studies
(4) puns
(5) conspiracy theories

Despised Things:

(1) being ignored
(2) drama
(3) coffee
(4) travel
(5) wind chimes

Education/Training/Professional History

Current Occupation: Pharmacologist
Dream Career: Pharmaceutical Researcher

Attended:

Eton College: Class of 2031

University College London School of Pharmacy: Class of 2038

Background Information: The marriage of Trisha Paulson and Peter Smith occurred in October of 2012, a mere year after Trisha had her first child (Veronica Kiss) with her first husband, Brian Kiss, who she had divorced soon after Veronica's birth. Trisha Paulson sited it as 'personal disagreements', stating that it was the fault of Brian Kiss's insistence to underachieve when he had the brains and ability to do more than be some bobby in some tiny little town, and his insistence to keep her and himself isolated in "the middle of nowhere". Trisha Paulson having graduated from Oxford with Masters of Physics (MPhys) and a Doctorate of Engineering (EngD), was very much a workaholic and while she wanted a steady family and such, she felt her career came first and it was only wise to make use of her talents to their full abilities. Soon after her divorce from Brian Kiss, in London, Trisha met Peter Smith a reporter, and within a year of meeting the two were married and would not long after conceive their first child together: Andrew Smith. And then later having a second child less than a year later they named Nathan.

While Andrew's mother Trisha made a name for herself as a notable engineer (her specialty being in Forensic Engineering and Structural Engineering), beginning to travel, while Peter Smith began to work almost entirely from home and caring for their two sons. It was an arrangement that seemed to work quite well for the couple. As for their two sons Andrew and Nathan it was just accepted as a fact that their mother was gone for weeks at a time for work, sometimes, and when she was home she was never nearly as hands on as any of their friend's mothers.

However, it wasn't until Andrew was 12 that it really dawned on how "hands off" his mother could be with her own children. That was the summer that the officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police Department was killed on the job, and Andrew found out about his elder sister Veronica Kiss. In Andrew's (and Nathan's) opinion was completely awesome as she was everything a big sister should be, even if she decided apparently to live with one of her father's friends some lawyer in London, while the Smith family were settled in Scotland at the time. Andrew and Nathan were at this time attending the all boy's boarding school of Eton College. Over the summer though, they did get to know Veronica, who spent most of her time apparently avoiding their mother when she was around, which meant she invested time with Andrew and Nathan doing things like a game of baseball. It probably helped that Veronica did share a lot of looks with their mother, despite the fact Veronica was taller and freckled.

However, they didn't see much of Veronica as she had her own boarding school to attend focusing on maths and science apparently and getting her place via scholarship of good grades, and the fact Veronica avoided them a fair deal. Not that Andrew could quite blame his half-sister, their mother wasn't exactly mother of the year at best of times. However, it was around the time that Veronica was supposed to be going to uni that she cut all ties, as Trisha explained, "Because she's wasting her talents, just like her father, if not worse, to be some bobby just so she can end up in an early grave too." Andrew would have disowned the woman too if he could if she had said that about him.

As it was, Andrews life generally went on as normal. He has had a successful academic career at Eton College so far and graduated near the top of his class in 2030. During his time at Eton, he was the school's star goalie, which earned him athletic scholarships for college. Prior to his graduation, he met Danica Stewart while attending a party his half-sister threw for another Hogwarts Alum, Robin 'Theo' Gibbs. They met again at wedding of Veronica Kiss and Tobias Walsh, and shortly after this the two of them started dating. Andrew was accepted to University College London School of Pharmacy, where he pursued a degree in pharmaceutical studies.

Familial Connections

Half Brother of Veronica Kiss

Romantic Preferences

Sexuality: Straight
Current Relationships: Danica Stewart-Quinn (married), Ronald David Quinn-Smith (son), Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith (daughter)

OTHER/EXTRA

Pets: None (would like a lizard or dog)

Language Fluency: (1) English (2) Latin (required curriculum at Eton-not fluent) (3) French (modern language requirement at Eton-not fluent)

Any Other Important Information: Has learned his half-sister and his wife (then girlfriend) are witches as of 2031, and is aware of the existence of the Wizarding World to a greater or lesser extent.

Adopted by: Graydon Ironshield 4/30/17  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:12 pm
Name: Ronald David Quinn-Smith

Basic Information:

Nicknames: Ron, of course. My mother will call me David, but she’s the only one whom does.

Birthday: August 21, 2042

Blood Status: Half-Blood. (Mom is a Half-Blood, Dad is a Muggle)

Wand: Eleven inches long, smooth and sleek, Birch with Dragon heartstring core

Sexual Orientation: TBD

Face Claim: Sam Claflin

School and Career:

Attending: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: TBD

Year: First

Best Lessons:

■ Potions
■ Charms
■ Transfiguration

Worst Lessons:
■ Herbology
■ Astronomy
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts

Clubs:

OWL Scores:
■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

NEWT Scores:

■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

Current Employment: Student

Dream Job: Right now, I want to play Quidditch, but I don’t know; I might want to study medicine or pharmacology, and be like Mom and Dad.

Personality:

■ Loyal: I stick by my friends, no matter what. I learned early on a lot of my mom’s ‘family’ were really friends from school and work, and not blood at all. She told me that ‘friends are the family you choose’, and I totally believe that.
■ Friendly: What can I say? I like having lots of friends; makes it easier to get up a pick-up game of football or quidditch.
■ Hardworking: Mom’s a healer at St. Mungo’s, and Dad’s a researcher at a big-time Muggle pharmaceutical company, and they wouldn’t have done all that without putting in all the work, and they expect me to do the same if I hope to ever do whatever it is that I decide what I want to be. So, yeah, when I need to, I can and will bust butt and get it done.
■ Honest: I’m not really fond of liars and cheats, and try not to be one either. I also don’t like people whom play tricks on me.
■ Quiet: Okay, I’m not a loudmouth, and I don’t like drawing huge amounts of attention, and I’ve learned its best to think before saying things and doing things. When I do stuff on the fly, usually things don’t work out as badly as they could. Usually.
■ Sports-Oriented: I love to participate in sports, football (soccer), hockey, quidditch (if I can make the team). Don’t care if I’m the ‘star’ or not, just so long as I get to play and make a contribution for the team.

■ Playing football with my dad, and hockey with Uncle Dave
■ The Star Wars, Marvel and Game of Thrones franchises
■ Getting lost in a good book or a movie
■ Pizza and spaghetti
■ The Tutshill Tornados, our home team

Dislikes:

■ Drama, it’s all so much noise
■ Getting smothered by mom. I know she means well and wants to make sure I’m okay, but I don’t mind getting bumps and bruises
■ Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts. Um, yuck!
■ Anybody that messes with my friends
■ Getting ignored.

Hobbies:
■ Following Quidditch on the Wireless
■ Collecting Star Wars and Marvel stuff, like books, comics, figures
■ Drawing my own comics

Strengths:
■ I’m pretty good at sports
■ I’ve also learned how to put a good effort in when I want to get something done.

Weaknesses:

■ Kinda like my mom, I’m a terrible liar. Mom and Dad can call me on it without even half-trying.
■ I do kinda overanalyze my failings. When I screw up, or things just don’t work out right, I try hard to figure how and where I screwed up and try not to do it again. Don’t always I succeed, but I do try.

Fears:

■ I’m afraid I can’t live up to the examples set by my parents

Patronus:
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities:
Animagus Form:
Apparition Status:
Flying Certification:

Languages:

■ English (Native)
■ Welsh (taught in school; can read it better than I speak it)
■ French (taught in school; can speak it better than I can read it)
■ Latin (bits and pieces from listening to Mom and Dad talking about their jobs)

History:

Childhood:

Ronald is the first-born child of Danica and Andrew Smith, and was born at St. Mungo’s, where she worked as a healer. Ron was named for one of her mother’s dearest friends, Veronica, as well as her brother whom she’d made peace with around the time of his birth. Even though his dad is a Muggle, Ron became aware of the Wizarding World at a very young age (courtesy of the time spent visiting his great-grandparents, the Quinns), and has very much become a child of both worlds. Living in the Cotswold area, he has known a couple of his mother’s friends as being ‘family in all but blood’, and is a friend of the daughter of one of his mother’s oldest and dearest friends.

As Danica was a healer at St. Mungo’s and Andy was a pharmaceutical researcher for the AstraZeneca corporation, Ron grew up with two parents whom were quite busy, but always tried to make time for him. What he didn’t know at the time was they were trying hard not to be like their own parents, giving him all the love and attention they themselves never got. When Ron was three years old, he became an older brother when Brianna was born.

School Years:

Hoping to give him as normal of a life as possible, his parents enrolled Ron in a private elementary school, where he quickly made friends and learned how to play soccer. It was during this time he developed a real interest in hockey, courtesy of his uncle. As he got older, his parents started noticing that he was experiencing certain incidents which could only be explained as being part of a young wizard’s abilities manifesting. There was one time he was seen floating across the grass while pretending to be a quidditch player.

Once Danica and Andy realized Ronald was having little magical incidents (thankfully none of which were as explosive or damaging as the ones Danica had when her own magic started awakening), they reluctantly made the decision to home-school him. One day, while looking around in the attic, he found his mother’s old school trunk, and found her quidditch gear contained within, and it was then he made the connection that she’d played the game at the school, which got him asking her all sorts of questions about her time at school and the games she played there.

It was over the summer when he received his letter from Hogwarts, and knew he might soon have his chance…

The Sorting Hat:

First Year:

Second Year:

Third Year:

Fourth Year:

Fifth Year:

Sixth Year:

Seventh Year:

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: Danica Quinn-Smith (Mother), Andrew Smith (Father), Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith (younger sister), Jack Stewart (maternal grandfather), Agrippina (Quinn) Stewart (maternal grandmother), Quentin Quinn (maternal great-grandfather), Katarina Quinn (maternal great-grandmother), Arabella Quinn (maternal great-aunt), Veronica (Kiss) Walsh (paternal aunt), Tobias Walsh (paternal uncle), Brian Kiss (paternal step-grandfather (deceased))

Friends: Rosabella Winthrop (‘step-aunt’), Andrea Hart (‘step-aunt’), Gaspard Dufour, Artemisia ‘Aria’ League

Best Friend:

Romantic Interest: None

Enemies: None

Pets: Sassafras and Tether, Mom's two cats, and Barney, Dad's dog. None of which will be coming with me to Hogwarts.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created: March 31st, 2021
Pending:
Updated:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:09 am
Name: Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith

Basic Information:

Nicknames: ‘Anna’ is what I usually go by. When Mom gets annoyed, she calls me ‘Cathy’.

Birthday: January 3rd, 2045, which makes me a Capricorn.

Blood Status: Half-Blood. (Mom is a Half-Blood, Dad is a Muggle)

Wand: Eleven inches, sleek and smooth, Fir wood with Phoenix feather core

Sexual Orientation: TBD

Face Claim: Anya Taylor-Joy

School and Career:

Attending: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Slytherin

Year: First

Best Lessons:

■ Transfigurations
■ Charms
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts
■ History of Magic

Worst Lessons:
■ Herbology
■ Potions
■ Astronomy (class is when?)

Clubs:

OWL Scores:
■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

NEWT Scores:

■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

Current Employment: Student

Dream Job: Haven’t figured that one out yet

Personality:

■ Driven: When I see a goal, I’ll work really hard to see it done. I’m not afraid of getting my hands dirty and doing it
■ Pragmatic: Good thing for me I inherited Mom and Dad’s sense of making sure that I want to do is actually, you know, doable, and I’m pretty good at figuring out the steps.
■ Independent: I’d like to think I can take care myself, whether others see it or not. Yeah, I haven’t much of a chance to prove it, but when the rest of my family is off doing things, I got this.
■ Loyal: My family is my family, my friends are family. Mess with them, you deal with me.
■ Sensitive: I won’t show it, but if you hurt me, I will feel it, and it will take a long time for me to get over it.
■ Quiet: I don’t like loud people, and I see no reason to be loud myself. They can blather on all day long about how good they are, I’ll let my work do my talking for me.

■ I love it when Dad orders pizza from the place near where we live, and he gets me an order of garlic bread knots and dipping sauce.
■ Chocolate. I was told there would be chocolate at the end of this interview. There is chocolate, yes?
■ The Holyhead Harpies, love listening to their games on the Wireless
■ I collect books, especially on British and Welsh history
■ Watching ‘Stranger Things

Dislikes:

■ Brussel Sprouts and cauliflower are evil, just take my word for it. Ron has that one right.
■ Don’t like it when people lie to me. I try very hard not to lie to others; I expect the same from them.
■ Getting smothered by Mom. Ever since Ron started at Hogwarts, she pays a lot more attention to me.
■ The mood I get in when things just don’t work out for me. I try to hide it, but when I get down on myself, it’s not pleasant; especially when it comes with migraines.
■ Girl Drama- it comes with noise and headaches. Did I mention I don’t like loud people?

Hobbies:

■ Quidditch. I want to play just like Mom did.
■ Wizard Chess- it makes you think and plan
■ Soccer- because Mom won’t let me play rugby

Strengths:

■ Work Ethic: Nobody’s calling me a slacker
■ I’m told I’m a really smart kid.

Weaknesses:

■ Okay, I’m just flat out stubborn. Ya’ happy already?
■ I could be something of a smartass, but that’s better than a dumb one…

Fears:

■ That I can’t meet my parents’ expectations of me.
■ Someone breaking my heart

Patronus:
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities:
Animagus Form:
Apparition Status:
Flying Certification:

Languages:

■ English (Native)
■ Welsh (good enough to be able to read it at a high school level, and speak it passably)
■ French (taught in school. Can read it well enough, but can speak it passably)
■ Latin (bits and pieces, and much of it accumulated from listening to Mom and Dad)

History:

Childhood: Brianna is the second-born child of Danica and Andrew Smith, and was born at St. Mungo’s, where she works as a healer. Brianna was named for Brian Kiss, a police officer in the Kent Police Department, and Andrew’s father, whom was killed in the line of duty. Her middle name comes from one of her mother’s dearest friends, Cathaline League, whom Danica has known since they were First Years at Hogwarts. In spite of her father being a Muggle, Brianna has been aware of the Wizarding World from a very young age, as she would often visit her great-grandparents, the Quinns. She is very much a product of both worlds, for whom watching the telly is as normal as flying around on a broomstick.

In addition to spending time with the Quinns, as well as her great-aunt Arabella, Brianna has known a couple of his mother’s friends as being ‘family in all but blood’, whom also live in the same Cotswold area as her own family (actually they live within walking distance of each other). Though her parents both worked long hours at very demanding jobs, Danica, a healer at St. Mungo’s, and Andrew, a pharmaceutical researcher for the AstraZeneca corporation, always made sure they were part of young Brianna’s life, encouraging and nurturing her in any way they could. What she was never told was how they were trying hard not to be like their own parents, giving her all the love and attention they themselves never got, and none of the physical and emotional abuse.

School Years: Like her big brother before her, Brianna was enrolled at the same private school he was in previous to going to Hogwarts. What her teachers noticed with Brianna was there was a level of attitude with her. There was a time to work, and there was a time to play, and ne’re would the two meet, and she didn’t like being bothered until her work was done to her satisfaction. To some degree she was trying to emulate what she saw her parents doing, and would get frustrated when she wasn’t allowed to finish a project because the class was moving on to something else.

When she started having magical incidents, she was disappointed when the decision was made to homeschool her, as she had a close coterie of friends she didn’t wish to be parted from. Learning she was about to become a witch like her mother, Brianna pestered her parents for ‘witch lessons’, so she could get back to school with her friends. Danica was thankful when the letter from Hogwarts arrived, and Brianna counted down the days until she would board a certain red steam train with her older brother.

Going to the train station, Brianna was excited, because this was her chance to Hogwarts after waiting for so long to go and watching her big brother board the train. However, she did feel pretty crummy about it, because she knew how upset Mom was with the idea of both of them being gone, and as Dad had to leave on a business trip, she would be returning to an empty house. She was thrilled to get her first look at the castle, and impressed with the Great Hall, though she was surprised at the method by which they were Sorted into their respective Houses. She hinted heavily about wanting to go to Ravenclaw, because she thought she was closer to being like Dad than she to her Gryffindor alum Mom, or her Hufflepuff brother.

The Sorting Hat:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Oh, no, my dear, none of the above I'm afraid
No, inside you I see something else
You'll figure it out for yourself in
Slytherin!

First Year:

Second Year:

Third Year:

Fourth Year:

Fifth Year:

Sixth Year:

Seventh Year:

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: Danica Quinn-Smith (Mother), Andrew Smith (Father), Ronald David Quinn-Smith (older brother), Jack Stewart (maternal grandfather), Agrippina (Quinn) Stewart (maternal grandmother), Quentin Quinn (maternal great-grandfather), Katarina Quinn (maternal great-grandmother), Arabella Quinn (maternal great-aunt), Veronica (Kiss) Walsh (paternal aunt), Tobias Walsh (paternal uncle), Brian Kiss (paternal step-grandfather (deceased))

Friends: Rosabella Winthrop (‘step-aunt’), Andrea Hart (‘step-aunt’),

Best Friend:

Romantic Interest: None

Enemies: None

Pets: Bubber Hairfoot, a big black cat, whom Great-Aunt Bella says is like Half-Kneazle, which is pretty cool. My brother calls him, ‘Blubber’, because he’s overweight, and doesn’t fit in the cat carrier anymore. Ron claims the cat weighs more than I do, but that’s just not true… well, maybe.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created: May 25th, 2022
Pending: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 05/31/2022
Updated: House Added June 11th, 2022

Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas