Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]
[PRP] The Big News (Euanthe, Kaveh, Vellamo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 pm
Euanthe could hardly believe it how her own daughter could keep this big secret from her. It wasn’t the type of thing she wanted to her from someone else. It might have been Euanthe own fault for having such faith in Vellamo. Euanthe couldn’t help but still want to treat her as a little girl she was still a baby in her eyes. Since this happened she finally realised that Vel was now an adult no longer a baby. It could have been since Kaveh didn’t mature to much that she still saw them as small little pups. It was something most parents did and she was guilty of it as well. Euanthe and her two children walked side by side about to have a serious family talk or at least hoping to. With Kaveh around that rarely happened he didn’t take things that seriously when he should. ”You know why we’re here don’t you Vellamo?” She tried to use a more sophisticated tone to gain more power in the conversation.

Kaveh began to act excited wanting to answer the questions since he claimed quite proudly that he knew why they were there. ”Were here to talk about how Vel has been gaining weight.” What he said wasn’t entirely off it was somewhat true. It really wasn’t the gist of the conversation though and secretly he knew that but didn’t want to accept it. He couldn’t believe that his only sister could let this happen with practically a stranger, and then keep it a secret from the family when many others knew. It wasn’t nice to hear about things from others. At least that’s what Euanthe always told him.

”Were here to talk about her being pregnant.” Euanthe finally stated it blankly. She sighed shortly after saying it out loud. ‘How could I already be a grandparent’

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:12 pm
Leasano
Enter: the rebellious daughter XD

Vellamo on the other hand was not very concerned with her pregnancy. Well, at least not about who the father was. She made sure to do everything correctly so that her future puppies would survive. She ate well, perhaps a little too well, and she even put her business of selling visions on hold to ensure her pregnancy went well.

But she expressed no concern whatsoever over the fact that her children had been sired by a boy from another class. In her mind it was easy. Euanthe had bore Kaveh and herself to a mortal rogue, Vellamo baring children with a monster from a separate class was nothing! She honestly didn't understand what was making her family so upset. Gosh, they could be so overdramatic.

That was why she didn't tell them about her pregnancy in the first place. Mom couldn't handle her "little babies" growing up and carrying on the family line. Kevah, well, what could she say he was a lost cause. Still she could understand them being a little ticked off that she hadn't shared the secret. And that it was another monster who had informed them of her being preggers in the first place.

So, now they all walked along the beach to discus the topic at hand. If you could call it that. It was more like a subtly hidden argument if you read between the lines. "Tch. It ain't that big of a deal. People get knocked up all the time ma."  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:48 pm
Euanthe sighed. ”But not you Vel.” She knew that people had babies all the time at a young age since she did to. She just didn’t want to believe that her beautiful daughter was one of them. She didn’t want her to through her life away so soon. When you become a parent everything you do is for your kids. She wasn’t sure if Vel was ready for that or not. ”You’re different.” She didn’t like the idea of her daughter raising kids on her own. She at least wanted the man to help out.

”I want you to be ready for this.” When Euanthe had her kids she wasn’t exactly ready for them but she grew used to it. She didn’t want her daughter to go through the same hard ships. When Euanthe raised her own children she always thought about how much easier it would have been if she had someone helping out but atlas she didn’t. She raised the two children all by herself.

Euanthe knew that this talk wouldn’t be that helpful since what was done couldn’t be undone. It wasn’t something that you could erase. She knew that she should have been happy for her daughter. That she should have been happy the become a grandparent, but she couldn’t help but think about how hard it might be for her sweet little baby.

”You should at least have that monster help out with raising them.” She wanted her daughter to listen to her, but atlas she knew that probably wouldn’t happen. She felt a little guilty for telling Vellamo this since she had done the exact same thing before but he children didn’t know that. At least she didn’t think they did.

”Sister I know that you want this kids so I’m fine with it as long as you are.” Kaveh may have been a bit of an idiot, but he was kind. It was one of the things that Euanthe was proud of about her son. Kindness was something that all men should have.

CaliWolfe
Time for the back talk gonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:28 pm
Leasano
it might not make sense since I'm replying to five things at once atm, apologies ;_;

Vel knew her mother was concerned, and even felt a little sympathetic towards her. But she was a grownup. She didn't need to be watched anymore. She was no longer fascinated by finding what was inside sea shells. She was mature and responsible in her own way.

"Ma." She tried to stop Eua from ranting. She even flicked a ear towards Kaveh as he chipped in his consent for this having happened.

"He ain't gonna help ma, I don't even know his name." She informed her mother quickly. " 'an I guess that ta are gonna be a grandma now too..." She paused to breathe in, and turned to halt and stare at her family with confident eyes. This was hard to admit since Vellamo thrived off the idea of surviving without challenge. Plus with her mother lecturing her Vellamo was uneasy in how she would react...

"Ma, Kaveh." Her eyes shifted between the two. "I'm ready. Ta be a parent n' stuff... I'mma gonna raise 'em right. So that they lives and all that... But. I... Ta might be needing help 'n all since..." It was obvious, the father was a mystery. Without knowing anything about him Vellamo didn't even know what class he belonged to. If her children, her no doubt beautiful children wanted to they could go and change class like Kaveh had.

But Vellamo didn't know how she'd feel if they did. Would she be glad? Would she beg them to stay? Eua had gone through the situation with Vel's brother already, and the idiot even came and visited them occasionally when he wanted to. Such as now, when he wanted to support her with the oncoming birth.

"What... What should I do ma?"  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am
Euanthe looked at her daughter realising that she was maturing. That now she was an adult and had responsibilities. She gave her daughter a little smile. ”Do what you think is right.” Euanthe learned from experience that when raising kids your worried so much about how they will turn out, and if they will be happy or not.

She found out that the more your worry about your children the better job you’re doing at raising them. ”Think about how you’re going to make them happy.” She looked at both of her children with a smile.

"That’s what I did for you.” She knew that her daughter would be able to do a good job at raising children since she had faith in her. Vel was responsible and knew many things. Vel’s children would be beautiful and they would be wonderful little hyenas just like their mom.

”I can help you to.” She couldn’t completely let her child go and be an adult yet she still wanted to help her. Most parents can’t let go of their children easily it’s a way of showing their love. If Vellamo did that she would be a great parent.

”You’ll be a good mom I just can’t help but be a little worried it’s just an instinct.”

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 am
Leasano

Vellamo nodded in response to her mother. Kaveh had remained quiet which was a little bit of a mystery to her as he usually spoke up about... Anything.

She felt the dire need to change the topic in the conversation. They might have marched out here to talk about her but Vellamo wasn't enjoying the lime light at all. So, she changed it to her mother. "I didn't love 'em ya know." She referred to the father of her children. "It just sort a happened, right? Like dat guy from the graveyard... Nuru Moyo." She snarled out his name in hatred.

She honestly didn't get what her mom saw in that idiot. He was practically another Kaveh! And a butt-ugly one at that! He wasn't smart and he wasn't attractive he was just some mooch that her mother had the bees knees about. Vellamo had been more than glad when her mother came home with her and Kaveh after a night of debating about it. Oh, her brother knew, she practically cried in relief.

Then she had ran into that Cothoza mortal, ugh. She didn't want to think about him.

"Dis guy wasn't like that Nuru though. He was smart and good looking. I'm gonna be havin' some good looking babes thanks to him."

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:43 pm
”Don’t bad mouth him.” She knew that her children didn’t think highly of Nuru but she couldn’t help it. He was the one she loved. He was the person who had made her life better and he changed her for the better. Her children couldn’t see him as that though they only saw him as a mortal. They would only expect him if he worked his way up in the ranks which she knew would not happen.

Nuru would not leave his pride it was too important to him. Euanthe understood this because she would never leave her pride for him either. She loved him but she couldn’t do it no matter what he said. They went over this issue before but no matter how sad it made both of them they just couldn’t find a way to stay together. Euanthe hoped that she could find time to visit him but it was quite hard to do since her children denied him.

”You can’t be mates with that mortal.” Kaveh didn’t want his mother to be with such a man. If he wasn’t willing to leave his pride for her he wasn’t a good man. At least that was how Kaveh thought of it. Kaveh though that true love would be different at least he hoped it was. If he ever found someone he loved he would be willing to do anything for her, and if he wasn’t that wouldn’t be true love.

What Kaveh said was true though they could never be mates. They wouldn’t be able to stay together because neither of them was willing to sacrifice their prides. ”If it wasn’t for him I would be so different.” She was only telling the truth to her children. Nuru changed her completely. When she met him she became a different person, she became a happier person.

”Just like you said you didn’t love him.” She couldn’t believe that her daughter would have a baby with someone she didn’t hold any affection for. ”I love Nuru though.” It was strange saying it out loud. She had only though it in her mind before it was a strange thing to hear. ”You will understand both of you will when you met that person who changes your whole life.” She looked at her children knowing that they won’t know anytime soon how she feels. ”In till then you aren’t able to say anything.”

Caliwolfe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 am
Vellamo wasn't mad with her mother, she wasn't angry. No, Vellamo, was furious. Did Eua not realize all Vel had done for her? All that her and Kaveh had done for her sake?! They were grownups! They shouldn't have had to spend their valuable time babysitting their mother as she wandered off to go and observe a mortal pride!

She raced in front of her Eua, halting with a snarl to stop her from walking. Unintentionally she had also caused Kaveh to halt, as he was walking alongside her.

"Take it back." Vellamo blurted. She couldn't hold her tongue about this one, it was Nuru they were talking about! That idiot didn't deserve her mothers affections. Heck, he probably didn't even know what love was!

"Ya can't love him!" She growled to the air. Hanma help her, her mother was going insane.

The pups that roamed in her belly stirred and pressed against her lungs. Vellamo seethed in another gasp of air and allowed her mother a moment of retaliation, and a moment to cool of and regain the composer she had been so quick to lose. "If ya loves him dat much, why don't cha just go 'en live with 'em in dat graveyard of his."

Leasano
Family drama level +1

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 am
”You know I can’t do that.” She expected her children to be more understanding. She thought she raised then to have more empathy but apparently she didn’t. It wasn’t as if she was leaving her children to be with Nuru. She was just telling them that she would not forget about him. That no matter what she would still love him. Was that so hard to understand?

Euanthe never wanted her love to be denied especially by her own children. The only reason she couldn’t go stay with Nuru was because she loved her children to much to leave them alone. Their pride was small and if anyone left it would fall apart. She didn’t want that to happen. So for the sake of the family and their pride she would have to let Nuru go.

Even if she did let him go she would be able to visit him ever so often. Even once a year would be enough time in order to see him. Euanthe didn’t even know why she loved him she just did. It wasn’t the sort of thing you could explain. She could see all the things about him that her children didn’t like but those things were part of why she loved him.

”I’m not leaving you ever no matter what you say.” She didn’t want her children to feel as if they were going to lose their family. She never wanted them to feel as lonely as she once did. It was Euanthe’s way of protecting them. ”We should go back now.” She didn’t want to continue on with the conversation. All of them knew that it would end with all of them being hurt.

”Okay.” Kaveh replied with only one word unable to say anything more. She seemed sad and frustrated that they had kept on talking back to her. That they just couldn’t be happy about her love. Kaveh was thinking that maybe one day he would understand, but for now he didn’t get her at all.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 am
Leasano
omg finished. sorry for looong wait on this. and everything. We can end it here if you like? Or you can do one more post if you would prefer ^^

"Yeah, let's just go back home." Vellamo agreed with a bitter tone.

She decided to blame her outburst on the fact that the lumps of puppies in her belly were pressing up against her sides constantly. It's as if they were ready to come out in exactly that moment but had decided to wait until a little bit later to do so.

Frustrating little miscreants. She prayed they weren't as much trouble as they were worth, she was already so horribly grumpy and they weren't even born yet.

Taking the lead Vellamo began marching back. She didn't want to look at her mother exactly at this moment for she'd probably become livid and feel the need to bad talk Nuru further. So instead she looked ahead, kept her eyes on the horizon and tried to think of what would be best for her pups. For their future had suddenly become hers.  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces