User ImagePainted Moose:Adenah had spent her longest time yet in the rogue lands searching for a suitable place to gather water. If she wasn't near an outpost within the next few days a part of her hoped someone would come to look for her, but still, she had managed to break away from the pride long enough to venture towards the edge of the desert. Her eyes were closed, hazy, and had led her to a little hole in the ground. It was water, yes, but not much bigger around than a lions mane. She'd had to chase off several birds just to get a drink and even then it wasn't satisfying. Maybe she should turn back...?

Seaki:
It had been some weeks since Thalassa had been made to wander. She felt lost, even though she had no where to be any longer. She kept walking - the land flattening out before her and far into the distance, and she could feel it getting hotter as the air was getting dryer, but - that would mean she was near a dessert, wouldn't it? Hesitating, she kept on her path, uncertain if she should remain wandering in this direction.

Painted Moose:
As she walked Adenah became increasingly aware of two things. The first was that her black fur seemed to absorb the heat at a higher rate now that she was in this part of the desert and the other was that not only was there a lone shrub, but she saw something...bright. Was it water? it rippled like water! But then again, the land was moving around it. She squinted her eyes and pressed on, determined to know. When she saw it was a lioness instead, though, disappointment ran through her. "Oh great," she murmured, and turned to walk away.

Seaki:
In the distance, Thalassa spotted a figure. One walking away? "Hello?" She called out, though she doubted her voice carried - she wasn't very loud. Maybe the figure - a lioness, in fact - would be able to help her. Maybe point her in another direction. She sped up to a trot in an attempt to catch up to the other lioness. "Please, wait?"

Painted Moose:
A little voice in the back of her head told her to keep walking, to speed up even, but Adenah was soft for a Firekin. She halted, albeit begrudingly and turned towards the deceiver. "What do you want?" It was also supposed to be her job to scare away any rogues that came to close, but as it was they were both too far away to worry. She'd have to do it, though, if she chased her anymore. "I don't have anything for you so just...go on...shoo!"

Seaki:
A little voice in the back of her head told her to keep walking, to speed up even, but Adenah was soft for a Firekin. She halted, albeit begrudingly and turned towards the deceiver. "What do you want?" It was also supposed to be her job to scare away any rogues that came to close, but as it was they were both too far away to worry. She'd have to do it, though, if she chased her anymore. "I don't have anything for you so just...go on...shoo!"

Painted Moose:
Adenah pinched her paw and tried to see if this was really happening. She had heard from the guards that this kind of thing happened all the time, but this was honestly the first rogue she'd met who was legitamately lost. In truth she didn't know what to tell her. "You're in the desert surrounding the Motoujamii-Simo, and if you haven't heard we aren't nice to outsiders." Adenah made it clear that she was part of this anti-social group, and wished not to be bothered further. Still..."How long have you been out here?"

User Image
Seaki:
A pride was near by? And in the desert no less! It was far too hot and dry, Thálassa thought, but everyone had their homes and it was apparently the home of the lioness she was speaking too. "Oh, I did know I was intruding," she shifted back uncertainly. "I've been wandering for a while. Maybe a few days in this area..."

Painted Moose:
"You haven't intruded yet, but you're close to." A lie, again, but a cautionary one. If she had spent a few days in the area chances are she wouldn't have been able to find food and water readily at paw, so...Adenah began to dig around the base of the bush. She dug down deep, pushing and grunting, tossing out bits of sand until the sand itself became moist. When she was almost ready to give up and find another hole water came bubbling out of the ground to fill the area. "It's not perfect and might taste weird, but it will help strengthen you enough to leave this place."

Seaki:
The orange lioness nodded. At least she hadn't intruded. She would hate to cause an up stir or something! She watched the dark female begin to dig and she looked but then she saw the water bubble from the sandy earth. "That's a useful trick," she murmured mostly to herself. She was near startled when the water was offered to her. "Are you sure? I don't want to take your water..."

Painted Moose:
"It's not a trick, it's a skill that I suggest you learn." Adenah tried not to sound snappy as she spoke, but took on a matter of fact tone. If the lioness learned how to do this on her own then she would be fine. "It doesn't work in all areas, but I've found around vegetation the chances are higher." She moved back from the water to give the other room. "No, no, go on. I've had my fill from an earlier spot."

Seaki
Thalassa gave a nod, smiling. She promised briefly that she would learn the trick - skill - and get better at surviving in all sorts of place! But perhaps not here... "Thank you, you're very kind," She said, taking her fill of water. It was grain and tasted strongly of sand, but it soothed the scratchy feeling in her throat and cooled her a bit. She would be on her way, leaving the desert and seeking a new place to go - a place where she belonged, and with new skills to conquer.