Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once Upon A Time.... A Multi-RP Experience

Back to Guilds

A multi-rp experience. If you want it, we have it. 

Tags: Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Role Play, Star Wars, Je'daii 

Reply Chatterbox
Fantasy RP, anybody? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 pm
Heyo!
I'm the new guy, Mike.
(Call me Fool, if you'd prefer, but I like to go by my real name. Gives a sense of familiarity.)

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a new Fantasy RP going.
I'm a big Fantasy Buff, and I'd love to talk to people and get this going!
Me? I have... No true ideas...
I'm really a helper, not a leader.
That is, when it comes to launching this shindig.
My characters are always the 'leader' type.

Lord of the Rings? Love it.
Dragon Age? Love it.
Dungeons and Dragons? Love it.
Elder Scrolls? LOVE THEM.
Hobbit? Love it!
GOOD LORE IN GENERAL JUST RILES ME UP!

So, anyone willing to help?
I'm open to any and all suggestions that you guys might want to do!
Keep it Fantasy, though, please.
I enjoy Sci-Fi as much as any other guy, but I'd prefer Fantasy.

So! If you've read any good Fantasy Novels or Books lately, let me know!
Let's get a Brain Pot going!
Who's with me!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:19 pm
Hi Mike! Welcome to the guild!
I think an elder scrolls rp would be a GREAT idea. I absolutely love the lore in those games, especially Morrowind. And since the games themselves are kinda sandbox-y already, it shouldn't be too hard to work out an rp in that universe, since there's just so much of tamriel to explore.
I'm not good at starting rps either... :pokes unfinished star trek rp: but maybe we can work something out! Right now our only active rp is the star wars one, but I would love love love an elder scrolls rp!  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:23 pm
scuttlefish
I think an elder scrolls rp would be a GREAT idea. I absolutely love the lore in those games, especially Morrowind. And since the games themselves are kinda sandbox-y already, it shouldn't be too hard to work out an rp in that universe, since there's just so much of tamriel to explore.
I'm not good at starting rps either... :pokes unfinished star trek rp: but maybe we can work something out! Right now our only active rp is the star wars one, but I would love love love an elder scrolls rp!

Thank yo-ELDER SCROLLS IT SHALL BE!
Sorry, got a bit excited.
The Elder Scrolls are like a second life to me...
... Is... Is that weird?...
NAH!
Anyway, YES!
Now, there's something I can make a story from!
:EPIC INHALE:... If I could get some God Darn INSPIRATION! :Less-Epic Exhale:
Any ideas? I'd prefer if we kept away from Canon, but... Still prefer to stay away from it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:31 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

NAH!
Anyway, YES!
Any ideas? I'd prefer if we kept away from Canon, but... Still prefer to stay away from it.

Well, since the universe is so huge, we'd have to pinpoint a particular region before we can build a story around it. And yeah, our star wars rp is set thousands of years after the movies so we don't have to worry about stepping on Canon. It definitely makes things a lot easier, and gives more opportunity for creativity!
I do like your enthusiasm though! I'm a bit scatterbrained myself but maybe together we can come up with something!  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 pm
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

NAH!
Anyway, YES!

Well, since the universe is so huge, we'd have to pinpoint a particular region before we can build a story around it. And yeah, our star wars rp is set thousands of years after the movies so we don't have to worry about stepping on Canon. It definitely makes things a lot easier, and gives more opportunity for creativity!
I do like your enthusiasm though! I'm a bit scatterbrained myself but maybe together we can come up with something!

Hm...
H...Mmm...
BAH, I got almost nothin.
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:28 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

NAH!
Anyway, YES!

Hm...
H...Mmm...
BAH, I got almost nothin.
Any ideas?

I'll admit, time a bit rusty with my lore, but in Morrowind there was the ghostgate that kept the Blight and all of dagoth ur's other nasty stuff locked in. what if the nerevarine never defeated Dagoth Ur, the Tribunal fail to keep ghostgate contained and it... falls? And chaos is unleashed! I dunno where we would go from there though haha.
That and I really want to make a dark brotherhood assassin...
Hmmmm...
Do you have any ideas?  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm
scuttlefish

Meh... I never really did get into Morrowind...
How about a Slice-of-Life type deal?
In Skyrim? But without the dragons (EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE WYVERNS, NOT DRAGONS!)?
Just the daily life of people during the Civil War?
With the Daedra and otherwise coming in from time to time?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:38 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

That could be fun, too! And it would give people who aren't too familiar with the lore an opportunity to join, since I'll admit -- the Skyrim setting is a lot more accessible than Morrowind since it's closer to high fantasy. And the civil war is interesting too, since both sides are rather questionable and there's no true "good or bad" side. Maybe the plot will materialize as we go along! That always tends to happen in RP. :nods:  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:41 pm
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

That could be fun, too! And it would give people who aren't too familiar with the lore an opportunity to join, since I'll admit -- the Skyrim setting is a lot more accessible than Morrowind since it's closer to high fantasy. And the civil war is interesting too, since both sides are rather questionable and there's no true "good or bad" side. Maybe the plot will materialize as we go along! That always tends to happen in RP. :nods:

I know! I love that Civil War!
I prefer the Imperials, though I feel the Thalmor are assholes and their banning of the worship of Talos is utterly moronic.

Anyway, yes!
No we just need four more people to be interested in joining!...
Got anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:56 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

I prefer the Imperials, though I feel the Thalmor are assholes and their banning of the worship of Talos is utterly moronic.

Anyway, yes!
Got anyone?

Yeah the Stormcloaks were disorganized and kinda bigoted in their own way too, though they could have been way cooler if they weren't so misguided. ;-; But the Imperials were just the Thalmor's puppets, and they had the potential to be even worse. Ah, fantasy politics, so similar to real world politics. @.@
What kind of character were you thinking of making? If we're doing a civil war type thing maybe I'll change my mind about the dark brotherhood and have a dunmer thieve's guild operative in the grey quarter of Windhelm, hehe.
I dunno if anyone else in the guild is into the games, but I can bring my mule in, so that's three! I'm not sure how rigidly that rule is enforced though ahaha... I can talk to Rahl, because I'm sure it'd be good for the guild to get ANY RP up and running even if it starts out with just the two of us. It'd certainly open us up to a broader audience rather than just Star Wars fans. We shall see!  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Nia Phoenix
Vice Captain

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:33 am
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

Anyway, yes!
Got anyone?

Yeah the Stormcloaks were disorganized and kinda bigoted in their own way too, though they could have been way cooler if they weren't so misguided. ;-; But the Imperials were just the Thalmor's puppets, and they had the potential to be even worse. Ah, fantasy politics, so similar to real world politics. @.@
What kind of character were you thinking of making? If we're doing a civil war type thing maybe I'll change my mind about the dark brotherhood and have a dunmer thieve's guild operative in the grey quarter of Windhelm, hehe.
I dunno if anyone else in the guild is into the games, but I can bring my mule in, so that's three! I'm not sure how rigidly that rule is enforced though ahaha... I can talk to Rahl, because I'm sure it'd be good for the guild to get ANY RP up and running even if it starts out with just the two of us. It'd certainly open us up to a broader audience rather than just Star Wars fans. We shall see!

it all sounds great to me! I would love to see anything new getting started. I admit I know nothing of the game - I have motion sickness and 5 minutes in I had to go "salute the Porcelain god" LOL but it sooo widely popular and appeals to so many different age groups - it would be a great addition! (um...do they have anything in wiki about it? LOL)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:42 am
scuttlefish

I'm probably going to be an adventurer, mostly delving into the deep caves and abandoned ruins.
I'm always a dungeon crawler, and I love smithing, so I'll probably be doing some smithing, as well.
I loved smithing in Skyrim.
Gave me something to do when I wasn't murdering bandits and the like.

Also, feel free to do that!

Nia Phoenix

Gods, yes.
The Wiki is almost as large as the vanilla Wikipedia!
This is the Skyrim Page on the Wiki, for those who need it.
Also, any questions, you can ask me or, I suppose, Fishy.

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

Nia Phoenix
Vice Captain

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:55 am
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

I'm probably going to be an adventurer, mostly delving into the deep caves and abandoned ruins.
I'm always a dungeon crawler, and I love smithing, so I'll probably be doing some smithing, as well.
I loved smithing in Skyrim.
Gave me something to do when I wasn't murdering bandits and the like.

Also, feel free to do that!

Nia Phoenix

LOL Thanks - it's gotten me thru SW! My nephew is a total Skyrim fan - I bet he could give a lot of advice too! xd My biggest problem is getting my mind functioning after a long day at work LOL

Gods, yes.
The Wiki is almost as large as the vanilla Wikipedia!
This is the Skyrim Page on the Wiki, for those who need it.
Also, any questions, you can ask me or, I suppose, Fishy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:12 am
Nia Phoenix

Hah. I understand.
Just take a good nap, get something in your belly, and relax for a while. That always helps me.

Don't think of this as Skyrim, think of this as general Fantasy.
We can work through the details later, but, for now, what kind of character would you like to be? Archetype wise?

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

Nia Phoenix
Vice Captain

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 am
Shifting Fool
Nia Phoenix

Hah. I understand.
Just take a good nap, get something in your belly, and relax for a while. That always helps me.

Don't think of this as Skyrim, think of this as general Fantasy.
We can work through the details later, but, for now, what kind of character would you like to be? Archetype wise?

LOL I'll let you know once I check that wiki page LOL ..or get some advice from my nephew LOL  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff