User ImageVelveteen Angel
Kazuki was dangling above the watering hole, perched on a branch with her paws hanging low near the water. She seemed the picture of contentment, happy with her little lazy day. Of course, that contement was shattered rather quickly by the snapping of crocodile jaws as one of the smaller crocodiles launched itself from the water, trying to reach her dangling paw.

She lesuirely moved it back, out of the way and making the croc drop back into the water, with nothing to show for its efforts.

Kazuki giggled to herself, and lowered her paw to dangle once more.

Seaki
Aji was, as always, wandering about. He wasn't sure if he was searching for anything at all anymore, but if he was - surely it would find him instead! He just had to breathe, trust in the gods, and...

Well, and grow into his name.

It was hard to grow into such a grand name when he had done nothing to earn it, save being born successfully. He had not even gotten a Banu when he was in his old pride! But that mattered little.

He had the future to look forward. He had--

Aji gave a pause, a splash of water catching his attention, only to see a croc fall back into the water and a giggle.

"Hello?"

Velveteen Angel
Kazuki turned towards the noise, the greeting taking her by surprise. She shot him a bright grin, her face lighting up at the sight of another person. Yay! Company! "Hello!" She called back cheerfully, barely paying attention to the snapping crocodiles beneath her.

Another crocodile, smaller than the first, launched itself out, and without looking, she pulled her paw just out of it's reach once again.

"What's your name?" She asked Aij, flicking her tail down near the crocodiles instead, sending them into a disgruntled frenzy.

User Image Seaki
Aji watched for a moment longer, watching the cheetah move with a practiced ease suggesting that she had done this often. He frowned, looking up at the other, only sparing a glance at the crocodiles

"It's Aji..." he trailed off as her tail dangled in the faces of the dangerous beasts. She didn't appear concerned at the thought of potentially getting eaten by reptiles. "And you are?"

Velveteen Angel
She flicked her tail out of the way of another snapping jaw with a few seconds to spare, giggling a little to herself. She was sure some day this game was going to come back to bite her, literally, but for now it was harmless fun.

"A pleasure to meet you Aji!" She responded cheerfully. She rose to her paws on the branch, walking towards the edge of the watering hole where the branch met the ground. "I am Kazuki!" She jumped the last few feet to land on the side of the watering hole with a dramatic stance.

"What are you doing out this way?"

Seaki
The lion was almost horrified by the giggles, the way the lady was getting her kicks by putting herself in danger. "Pleasure's all mine," he said with a glance at the water, just to make sure the beasts that resided within stayed put and left them alone.

"I've just been traveling. Do you live around here then?"

Velveteen Angel
Kazuki wasn't aware of the male's concern over her choice of fun, she was just intrigued by a new companion. The crocodiles would not be eager to come out while a lion was there, so she was safe. "Oh no, I'm a traveller too. I rarely stay in one place - where's the fun in that? I'll probably move on from here soon too."

She grinned at him. "Do you want to play a game?"

Seaki
The lion smiled at bit at the other's enthusiasm, though he was still a bit worried for their safety. He tried not to let it show too blatantly on his face, though, as Kazuki seemed unconcerned.

"What kind of game?" He asked with absolute hesitance. After seeing her display and hearing her giggles, he was a bit worried. He hoped for anything it didn't involve the crocs or anything dangerous. He didn't know if he could say no to her, since she sounded so sweet.

Velveteen Angel
She squealed in excitement that he agreed to a game, bouncing on her paws with excitement. "Oh there's lots we can play! We could go swimming-" she flicked her tail towards the crocodile filled waters "- or we could race through the snake valley!" It was nearby, after all, and who didn't want to try and outrun some cobras.

"Do you have any games you know of?" She asked, grinning at him expectantly.

Seaki
Both of those suggestions would have been wonderful. Save one thing - snakes. and. crocodiles. Both tasks were nice, even enjoyable, if those things weren't involved. "U-um, I've only ever really played tag," he told her. "And not with any snakes or-or crocodiles involved, really," He said nervously. He regretted agreeing already... Oh this was such a bad idea.

Velveteen Angel
She perked up. "Oh, I love tag! Let's play tag! But first we have to find some really big sticks!" She grinned and started hunting around the tree by the watering hole, looking for fallen branches. It would be soon clear that her version of tag, and his version of tag were very, very different things. Kazuki was an odd one, that was for sure.

Seaki
Aji didn't remember sticks in tag. There weren't any sticks in tag! "What are the sticks for?" He was afraid to ask, but he spoke before he could think about what he was saying. Still, he wasn't going to play tag with these strange rules without knowing how to play the demented version of it.

Maybe he could run off while she wasn't looking...

And so he did, tiptoeing away before breaking into a dead sprint, away from the crocs, snakes, and sticks!

Velveteen Angel
Turning back around after a few minutes of hunting, a large - rather pointy - stick clenched between her teeth with a rather large grin formed around that stick, she was surprised to see her companion had walked off. Her smile fell away quickly and she dropped the stick to the ground in a huff, a pout coming across her pale face.

"Aw, not again!"