Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:22 pm
User Image

It was a lovely evening. The sun had just set and darkness was settling in all around him. He liked when the night came- it made the lands cool and only those with the right abilities were roaming in the night. Other lions and animals, for the most part.

He loved being able to meet them, and his magic worked even at night. He picked up a nut from the ground, holding it in his paw for a moment as he watched it. Sitting back on his hind legs, he hovered a paw over it, tapping it a couple of times with a claw.

The nut split and opened, small fire flies appearing from inside. They floated around his paw, blinking almost happily as they left his paw and moved into the sky.

Quinlan sighed.

[quote-"SilverLutz"]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:03 pm
User Image

Evening. The perfect time for felines to roam. Bright eyes peeked from the tall grass and the occasional bush and paws scurried around just out of sight in the shadows, but to Shukura it was all familiar and welcoming. While she was a mother and happy in a pride, she couldn't help but roam the rouge lands. She had been left in them as a child after a short time with her father, and had been taken in by the Jedi, but there was something about it that called to her. She had to go out from time to time, her children were adults now and didn't need her at every moment, so she could enjoy a few days out alone in the rouge lands, which was what she was doing tonight.

A little glow caught her eye off in the distance and she tilted her head, curiosity grabbing a hold of her. She changed her course and watched the little lights hover around something...ah...a lion, from the outline. Fireflies, perhaps? As she got closer she could see they were, indeed, fireflies, and they seemed to really like the lion they hovered around. She could see why - he had markings on him like the little bugs. How cute!

"Are those your pets?" she asked with a tiny smile. When she was younger she had been painfully shy, but once she met the father of her children she had come out of her shell. Now she was more confident and didn't mind putting herself out there to speak to lions she didn't know.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:58 pm
Qunlan looked over his shoulder at the female and offered her a bright smile. "Ah, no!" He chuckled lightly, "I was just practicing a little illusion and they helped me out a bit." not like they had any choice in the matter, but he supposed they didn't really mind. They were bugs, after all. What else were they going to be doing with their evening besides getting swatted by some wildebeest's tail?

But he did like them- they were pretty and he supposed they reminded him of his markings. The ones his mother had shared.

Ah, memories.

"I'm sorry! How rude of me- My name is Quinlan! It's wonderful to see such a pretty lady such as yourself out in a place like this. Makes my night that much brighter." He beamed merrily. "What's your name?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:44 pm
Shukura's ears perked up as the lion spoke. Illusions? She moved a bit closer, curious to see if he'd do it again. There were a few Jedi that could do some fun tricks, but she'd never seen any of them use fireflies before. That just made it all the more interesting to watch.

"I love illusions," she said, a hopeful look on her face. Maybe he could do more. His words, however, distracted her from the thought of seeing more sleight of paw, and she gave him a mildly embarrassed smile. While her self confidence was up, she still got a bit shy when males called her pretty.

"Thank you, you're too kind," she said, toying with a little rock at her feet before looking up to meet Quinlan's eyes. Right, confidence. No one liked a full grown female that acted like a cub who'd never seen another lion before. "Shukura," she offered, smiling a bit stronger this time. "It's very nice to meet you, Quinlan. I didn't think I'd be coming across anyone this time of the night. What brings you here?"

It was possible he was a from a pride, after all. The more likely version was he was a rouge, but it was always polite to ask.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:12 pm
"It's nice to meet you, too," Quinlan smiled, "I was just wandering, as usual, when I spotted the fireflies. I thought I might be able to come up with a good trick with their help, so I stopped to practice with them for a while." He grinned at her then, his mane bouncing as he nodded in her direction.

"and then I ended up meeting someone new! Made the whole thing worthwhile, I say." He could never deny that spending time with females made him happy. Ladies and magic- it was all he needed in his life.

"What about you," he asked, "what brings you out this way?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:53 pm
"That sounds lovely," Shukura said with a light laugh. Fireflies were fun to watch on their own, but when involved with a trick...that just made it even more awesome.

"Oh, just taking a break from the life in my pride," she said when asked about her own wandering. "I love it dearly, but sometimes I just need to...be alone for a while. Walk around, meet new faces. Which I've done," she added with a little smile. "It just keeps things interesting."

Sitting down, she watched as a few more fireflies hovered around their paws on the ground. She lowered her head to watch them blink on and off, laughing when one landed on her nose. "Now I look like you," she said as a few more bugs landed on her, flashing on and off, giving her the illusion of sparkly markings.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm
Quinlan smiled. "Oh, you're from a pride! That's quite different," he offered lightly. Having grown up in the rogue lands, he only knew what the life of a lone lion was like- he didn't know what it felt like to have a bunch of other lions to think about and care for. He wasn't sure he would be able to handle that kind of pressure.

Still, he had visited lots of prides with his act, and he knew they were not evil places, either. If you had the kind of personality where pride life worked, than he imagined it was a very lovely experience.

He wouldn't knock it because he hadn't tried it.

He chuckled when she looked at him with fireflies on her nose and fur. "Oh no, not at all!" He commented in return, "I don't look nearly that nice." He looked down at his markings, raising a paw and giving it a shake. A couple fireflies that had settled on him flew off, like his markings were escaping.
SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:04 pm
"Yes...I wasn't born there, but I arrived when I was very young, so...I don't remember much of the rouge lands other than what I've seen since I started these little traveling adventures," Shukura said with a little smile. Her father had dropped her at the pride and left, and she couldn't be more thankful to the welcoming Jedi for taking her in as their own. She couldn't imagine living anywhere else, even though she enjoyed her excursions away from the pride.

The female laughed softly as the fireflies flew away from her, joining the ones that lifted off of Quinlan. "Oh stop that," she said softly, reaching out to playfully bump her paw against his leg. "You look very nice. Like...well. Like the sky at night," she said, motioning up with her head to the darkening sky. "I've always liked watching the sky in the evening, seeing it change from blue to black. And when all the stars come out..."

She shook her head, a bit embarrassed at her rambling. "Sorry. I talk too much sometimes."

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 pm
Quinlan smiled. "You think so?" He looked down at the markings on his leg. He had been told before that they seemed to glow, but he didn't think much of it beyond being thankful that they seemed to have a magical feel about them, much like his own passion.

It seemed to match him, in that regard. But otherwise he was rather indifferent to his coloring. Sometimes he felt like he was much too dark, particularly when the sun was high in the sky.

He envied the lighter lions.

He listened to her and looked up at the sky. "No no, you don't have to apologize," he told her, "I agree- it can be very beautiful to watch, and the stars are quite magical too. perhaps you would like to find a nice spot higher up to look at them with me?" He ventured lightly.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:45 am
The suggestion made Shukura's ears perk up in delight. "Oh! Yes, that would be wonderful," she said with a wide smile. "Is there somewhere nearby that's raised up?"

She glanced around, looking for a hill that might offer a better vantage point. The lands she hailed from were flat as flat could be, and while there were some areas where trees were sparse, she rarely had a clear view of the sky. Even being a few feet higher and closer to the stars to watch them at her leisure would be great. Having Quinlan around wasn't so bad, either.

She spotted a swell in the land not too far from where they stood and, with a hum, turned her feet in its direction. "There we go...this way," she said happily, trotting off while glancing over her shoulder to make sure the lion was following her. It wasn't often she got to enjoy the company of a stranger and she certainly didn't want to leave him behind. Not when they were having such a lovely chat!

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:34 am
Quinlan smiled and followed after the lioness. It looked like there was a perfect little spot to watch the stars not too far away from them. He was looking forward to it- while it wasn't quite working on a new magic trick, his illusions were nothing compared to spending time with another lion. He couldn't even compare the two.

He was happy for the chance to enjoy some company.

SilverLutz
Fin? Unless you wanted to continue!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:32 am
Shukura settled down once she reached the top of the little hill and gazed up at the stars, glad for the company and the time away from her pride. She knew her children would miss her despite their adult stature, so after tonight she'd head back home. She missed them as well, after all - even though they could take care of themselves, she was their mother and would always care for them.

FIN  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas