Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♣ { SIDE QUEST } THE LAKE - DAILY Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 72 73 74 75 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You hear voices around you. They seem to laugh, carefree and simple, and you can't help but follow them, enchanted. You reach a lake.

SIDE QUEST: THE LAKE:

- Talk to the voices at the lake.
Difficulty level: Normal

Voices are calling you from within the lake. As you look down you see faces; no, not faces memories, snippets and flashes of memories. The voices call to you and you can't help but reach down towards it. The second your hands touch the water, all you can hear are the memories billowing around you.

OOC: RETURN OF THE DRABBLE

The lake is comprised of memories. Roll a 20-sided dice. Match your dice roll to the result. If your dice roll is a duplicate, you may PICK one of the results below. This result is your drabble prompt.

exclaim This is a DAILY QUEST! You can do this quest ONCE PER DAY until the zone closes . You will ALWAYS get the EXP reward! exclaim

A drabble prompt means you will edit your post with the roll and write a short BACKSTORY for your character with the result roll as your THEME. So for instance, if I roll 6, and I get "loss" I have to write a short drabble backstory involving lost. A drabble means it is basically a "stream" of words, so freestyle writing, however you want to write it. It is a minimum of 50 words.
- It MUST be backstory about your character, something that happened in their past that they remember. It can be ANYTHING, prior to them becoming a student/ the fall of the horsemen clans/ becoming a Hunter or any event during it.
- If your character has absolutely no backstory, write about someone close to them instead and their reactions involving them. You can make up a character for this exercise, that is pertinent with your character.

Themes:

1. Kindness
2. Loss
3. Wisdom
4. Death
5. Beginnings
6. Endings
7. Hatred
8. Confusion
9. Repeat
10. Normalcy
11. Grey
12. Hiding
13. Fear
14. Happiness
15. Despair
16. Nostalgic
17. Empty
18. Rewarding
19. Hope
20. Wishes

- Once again roll THREE times and do THREE of these in separate posts. Once you are done, and these drabbles are COMPLETED, go ahead and claim your prize below.

Quest Complete Reward:
Treasure trove found! As you step inside, a chest pops open! You open it right up because that's pretty much what you do with treasure chests in games.

+1 level
+ 1 loot card you can redeem HERE

chiickadee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:36 pm
[ 12. Hiding ]

NotAllan had been wandered for a bit, but found that she was growing tired after a while. Since she was actually ... IN the MMO, it was taking a lot more of her strength than it would her sitting at a computer. Come to think of it, was this in a computer? No wait, she was dreaming right. Dreaming of a game in a computer?

This was getting too inception-y. She decided to take a seat near a lake that looked comfortable enough. It would be a nice rest for the day ahead. No more quests and weird trees.

As she gazed into the lake, she heard muffled voices, the giggle of small children.

It was cramped, dark. The only light was that reflected in their eyes from the game boy advance. Chris was the one playing- he was older so he got the gameboy (that's what he said was the rule anyways). Chel, on the other hand, crowded him with a tiny flashlight in one hand, using it to light up the dim gameboy's screen. Such was the way for kids who had to play games without backlights.

"No no use HYDRO PUMP," she urged.

"It's an electric one that won't-"

The cupboard doors swung open, revealing Chel and Chris from their hiding spot in the attic. Outside was Chel's mother, looking all too displeased. "Why can't you just play in the light?"

Chel looked at Chris with a pouty expression, not wanting to reveal the answer. They both knew between a glance what the other one was saying. "It's because you're out there."

OOC

My character's username: NotAllan
My character's level: 2
Character's HP: 30
Current party: n/a
Current Guild: n/a
Small IC description of character: A girl with demonic horns, ridiculous sunset hair and star clips in her hair. She's a gryphon and looks pretty ridiculous.
Character journal: here

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

chiickadee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:37 pm
[ 4. Death ]

"But why's it not movin', Dad?" Chel urged. It didn't make sense to her. The first wasn't sleeping- it's eyes were open. Chel knew that when you slept, your eyes were closed.

"It's ... it's sleeping," her father replied, unable to fathom that his daughter could comprehend more than the average child.

"No it's not 'cause- 'cause the eyes. The eyes are open like-" She pulled her eyelids back with her fingers to emphasize her point.

Her father let out a grizzly bear sigh and said, "It's ... dead, Chelsea."

"Dead? Dead dead dead. Dead." An eloquent response from a very young Chel.

"Yeah. When things die, they don't ... the fish don't work anymore." He didn't feel sympathy, but it was difficult to explain death to a child.

"You mean like mama?"

"No, she's just sick. She's got a spring cold- that goes away. You get better. Death is like ... the whole body stops working, and it doesn't get better. It just stops."

Chel didn't get it, but she continued to totter around chattering the word "dead, dead, dead. The first is dead," like she did.

OOC

Small IC description of character: A girl with demonic horns, ridiculous sunset hair and star clips in her hair. She's a gryphon and looks pretty ridiculous.

chiickadee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:38 pm
[ 2. Loss ]

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooom where's my text boOK?" she cried from above the staircase. Chel was frantically running around her house, searching for the last bits and pieces she needed for college. It was the frantic last mile stretch to adulthood that she desperately needed to complete to get out of the house.

Under the bed? No. Behind the desk? No. Where could she have put it?

"I think it's lost," she said plainly.

"How did you lose it? It's huge!" her mother said, the same exasperated tone she always had for Chel.

"I don't know ... It just ... happened okay?"

"First we lose Chris, now we lose a textbook-"

OOC

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 pm
At some point, Shadowstep found himself at a lake. Soft voices could be heard all around. They seemed to be coming from the water itself. When he peered into its depths, he paused at what he saw. Flashes of old memories could be seen, and he found himself reaching for the water.

Soon enough, the memory engulfed him. He was young. Younger than when he first arrived to the school. He was fighting another boy; the son of one of the associates. He had made a few snide remarks. One or two was fine, but the boy would not let up in his mocking. Shadowstep could only take so much before he lashed out at him, only to lose. A loathing grudge was budding.

MY STATS

My character's username: Shadowstep
Character's Job Class: White Rabbit
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: N/A
Small IC description of character: A dark haired male wearing a black and red white rabbit attire. An eyepatch rests over his left eye, under the rabbit glasses. He generally looks unimpressed or rather stern.
Character journal: Here

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 pm
He didn't want to train today. He was sore. He was hurt. He was tired. He wanted rest. There wasn't really anywhere he could go though. Soon Father would be calling for him for the beginning of today's work. And soon he would be coming up looking for him. Maybe just maybe he would be safe under the bed for today. Maybe just maybe he won't be found.

It wasn't likely. It wasn't a very good hiding place. It was kind of inevitable, really.

But this was where he hid for now.

MY STATS

Small IC description of character: A dark haired male wearing a black and red white rabbit attire. An eyepatch rests over his left eye, under the rabbit glasses. He generally looks unimpressed or rather stern.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:43 pm
Tomorrow was going to be his first day at Amityville highschool. Shadowstep didn't have high regards to this. It was just another school, even if it was a prestigious one. He'd grow stronger there perhaps, but that was all he expecting. Friends were frivolous things. He wouldn't need them.

He looked over his things to make sure everything was in order.

It was going to be something different at least, he supposed.

MY STATS

Roxy_roxanna2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:48 pm
[Hope]

She watched and waited in her heart terror and hope mingled as one, she stared at the portal waiting for him. He had to come through, he had to be okay, she couldn't believe anything else or she'd fall apart. Through it all she'd managed, she'd survived, but what good was mere survival if you had nothing to live for?

The seconds ticked by like hours and as each face passed though the portal she felt the hope grow and blossom in her chest. If they were alright, then he had to be too!

He stepped through and the feeling exploded inside her, she would never, she could never let hope die.

MY STATS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My character's username: Unmentionable_Tamer
Character's Job Class: Mad Hatter
Current party:
Current Guild:
Voluptuous with golden eyes and black hair streaked with pink, this mad hatter is always grinning. Her coat and hat are black with gold trimming, she wears a red top and navy bottoms.
Character journal:[X]

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Andraia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Andraia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:48 pm
15: Despair
At first she didn’t know what this new feeling was, until she realized she wasn’t feeling something new, but rather not feeling something that had always been there before. Without that feeling to give her spirit she could barely muster the energy to raise her wings. She didn’t have a name for this new sensation, but she had a name for the one she lost; hope.

MY STATS[color=white]

User ImageMy character's username: Ch33p-Ch33p
My character's level: One
Character's HP: Thirty
Character's Job Class: Dormouse
Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: Art by amicableAggressor
Character journal: Link

Roxy_roxanna2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:49 pm
[Normalcy]

They were lounging together on a black checkered blanket, the picnic basket at their legs filled with goodies. She smiled and watched his foxsquirrel running in merry circles as her Unmentionables pursued. Quite the little caucus race they ran. She sat up and poked in the basket pulling out a jellied eye and dangling it in front of his lips for a moment teasingly before taking a bite herself. She lay back again and snuggled beside him enjoying the way the moonlight bathed over them and the tombstones threw long lovely shadows over everything. It was a blissfully carefree evening.

MY STATS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My character's username: Unmentionable_Tamer
Current party:
Current Guild:
Voluptuous with golden eyes and black hair streaked with pink, this mad hatter is always grinning. Her coat and hat are black with gold trimming, she wears a red top and navy bottoms.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Roxy_roxanna2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:50 pm
[Fear]

It swamped her this time the memory drowning her more efficiently than lake water ever could.
~
She stood in the hallway, it was her first day Amityville and as she stepped over a poor little monster ghoul she forced herself not to even look down at her. She was terrified of failure, terrified of having to live up to her parents expectations, her mothers expectations. She couldn't start off on the wrong foot by lowering herself to talk to a monster.
~
The memory rippled
~
Standing in the snow, it was so cold and she hated it! She hated this whole terrible place! A drunken tree came towards her, it reeked, the pine needles stabbed at her as it tore her skirt. She stumbled in her heels and kicked at it terrified of what would happen if she let it overpower her.
~
The memory twisted
~
The bars of the cage didn't look like much but she was trapped behind them. Her heart was racing and the fear she felt only multiplied as she saw the machine whir to life. The blue glow and the hunters in their long coats, the terror of knowing they wanted to put her in that thing. They wanted to make her a thing, their weapon. How would she ever escape this? Would she never see her family or friends again? She tried to cling to hope but the fear, the fear...
~

UT gasped and moved away from the water, away from the voices, she staggered and knelt before a chest. Treasure, she'd found a treasure! The chest opened and the fearful chill dissipated as she reached for her loot.

[EXIT]

MY STATS

Current party:
Current Guild:

Andraia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 pm
19: Hope
Eventually the hope came back, and the cold space left in its absence was full again. The sun started to shine once more and suddenly the world was new. She felt like her old self again, with a spring in her step and the wind in her feathers, and everything she saw seemed rife with possibility and intrigue.

MY STATS[color=white]

Current party:
Current Guild:

Andraia

Andraia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Andraia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:55 pm
14: Happiness
When she asked her oldest brother what happiness was, he said “food.”
When she asked her sister what happiness, she said “the sun.”
When she asked her twin cousins what happiness was, they smiled and said “trouble.”
When she asked her parents what happiness was, her mother said “family” and her father said “home.”
When her baby sister asked her what happiness was she said she didn’t know.

MY STATS[color=white]

Current party:
Current Guild:

LiquidMangos rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:57 pm
Quote:
Empty

Even for the age that she had been at when losing her mother, she knew what it mean't and knew that her mother wouldn't be returning to them.

Her face hadn't changed expression for a solid month. Greeting her father, greeting others, meeting others... It had felt just hallow to live this life without a tender mother by her.

She would understand and move on as she grew but now... She couldn't. Not now.

OOC

My character's username: S1lentStr1ke
Character's Class: White Rabbit
Small IC description of character:

Flighty with a spring in her step, Aureole isn't one to stay still. Don't let that cute face fool you, she's ready to fight and is willing to jump when she needs to, even if it does end up messing up her auburn locks. Her black and red, light-weighted armor helps with her jumps and makes her easier to move when necessary.

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
LiquidMangos rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:58 pm
Quote:
Normalcy

Training. Done. Chores. Done. Being bored out her mind. Currently doing.

The young Peryton sprawled out on her floor, wings spread, as she laid on her stomach with a huff here and there. She had done everything she could think of doing. And she didn't have school today. As much as she should have just gone outside or something but...

It was her day off and the carpet was comfy and she supposed it was a good time for her daily nap.

OOC

My character's username: S1lentStr1ke
Character's Class: White Rabbit
Small IC description of character:

Flighty with a spring in her step, Aureole isn't one to stay still. Don't let that cute face fool you, she's ready to fight and is willing to jump when she needs to, even if it does end up messing up her auburn locks. Her black and red, light-weighted armor helps with her jumps and makes her easier to move when necessary.

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 72 73 74 75 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces