[Contest] Rehoming Some Lions! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:43 pm
I have a problem: I have SoAs coming out of my ears. It's terrible (and very uncomfortable). There are far more of them than I'll ever be able to do anything with, and I feel awful about having so many that just sit around and collect dust. In short, I love them but I need to let them go.

Most of them are blank slates to some degree or another, so you'll be able to do prety much whatever you want with them. Some of them are in prides, but they don't have to stay in them if you don't want them to. It will be up to you if you win them! Once they're yours, they're yours; I don't lay any claim to them, their offspring, their future plots, etc. All I ask is that you not re-rehome them. XD Beyond that, do what you want!

Rules:
  • This contest will last for at least two weeks. I reserve the right to extend it if there aren't enough/suitable entries.
  • You may try for as many of these SoAs as you like, but can only win one.
  • ...I'm tired and that's all I can think of.

Entry Form:

[b]Entering For:[/b]
[b]What are your ideas for them?:[/b] Plots, plans, personality, etc.

User Image
Eshya (sought for) is a completely blank slate. He was colored by Ecavi.

User Image
Ishraqi (having the splendor of the East) is a mostly-blank slate. He has never been RPed and has no set personality, though he did once have a fling with a lioness named Ngauri, which produced a few children he is unaware of. He was colored by Ameh.

User Image
Seastar/Barij (water-born) is a partially-blank slate, an Alchemist in the Kizingo'zaa. He has never been RPed and has no set personality. He's the son of Treewitch/Yavannamire and a rogue, and has one brother (Sparkmane/Siri`Doa). He was colored by me.

User Image
Adokh (innocent) is a partially-blank slate, a Hunter in the Pridelands. He has never been RPed and has no set personality. He's the son of Alasiri and a rogue, and has one full sibling (Asha) and four half-siblings (Asali, Awen, Moshi, Salihi`kura). He was colored by me.

User Image
Shemhazai (named after a demon)...is actually not very blank! Son of Mwali and Azachamorel, he was born into the Motoujamii-Safi while the pride was split and (of course) had a traditionalist upbringing. He's not very traditionalist hismelf, however, aside from retaining belief in Finar-si. Occasionally harassed by his older sister for being a 'fallen' traditionalist. He's never had a mate, fling, or non-family relationship of any kind worth speaking about, and has never had a complete RP. Has an endless supply of relatives. (I'm not icked out by the 'second cousin and out' rule, though, so don't worry about offending my sensibilities if you aren't, either. Go for it!) He was colored by me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:12 am
Entering For: Ishraqi
What are your ideas for them?: His mother named him for the colors of his mane and tail, honoring the dawn. While he himself does not favor the dawn over dusk, he does find delight and fulfillment in their breathtaking beauty. He is a lion of few words, not often speaking unless stirred to. However, when he does speak, it is with great sincerity and warmth. He has the soul of a poet, taking inspiration and meaning from the natural world around him. He has a sensitive nature, and is easily moved emotionally. He is highly sentimental, and not at all a fighter. He will willingly run away from a fight, unless someone less capable of defending themselves than he is being threatened. Then he feels woefully inept, but will stand to defend the helpless.

For now he wanders. His heart would have fit in well with the Navi, but he has learned of their color restrictions, and knows he would not be very welcome there. Instead, he searches for a pride that will accept him for who he is rather than what he looks like. He fancies naturally colored girls, but does not restrict himself to lion females only (though feline is a necessary requirement). He seeks both home and mate, a place to settle in, savor the wonderfulness of life, to belong without constraint.

I may have him meet up with my lioness Taabika and her leopard mate. His sensitive nature would jive well with Taabika's emotional troubles. In fact, perhaps he is who guides her and Jazi through the rough terrain of learning to trust and let go. Yes, I like that! They would travel together until they found a place where they all were comfortable, or where Ishraqi would leave them for his own path.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:53 am
Entering For: Shemhazai
What are your ideas for them?: He's actually the uncle of one of my lions, who is a grandson from Mwali's first litter. Aslan, Shemhazai's nephew, is currently in the Pridelands. I'd probably make Shemhazai a water-seeker so he could roam a bit, and have them bump into one another for some plots. Aslan joined the Pridelands to find some family, since his mother was born there, and he hasn't yet realized that his family extends to the Firekin. Shemhazai would keep his non-traditionalist views and would love to play the mentor to Aslan, who didn't know his parents that well, since he got split from them in the rouge lands after the U'W dissolved. They could be distant partners in crime!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:48 pm
What are your ideas for them?:
Shemhazai is very relaxed despite being raised pretty hard core traditionalist. The lion does things at his own pace and worries about what he wants to worry about. A mate has not really been a top priority all this time because there was just so much more on the lions mind. He also probably didn't want to get the run down from his traditional firekin family if he was to take a none firekin blooded mate and just never bothered.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Saint Vis

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:02 pm
What are your ideas for them?: I will definitely keep Shem with his family in the Firekin.. I am more of a sort that likes to get nonrelatives for a breeding razz ;. So good luck to me right? But I would love to take him on as a challenge! I am a huge fan of Mwali.. And I don't actually own any firekin at all.. It has always been the pride I have been interested in but have always had some sort of force against gaining one ;;. (Like rogues being unwelcomed at the time I've tried or just losing to the luck of a roll which I can't ever complain about!)
I have a relaxed feeling from him. Like as if gaining a mate wouldn't hurt him but not necessarily be on the top of the list of 'to do'. But I think having him find someone just randomly would be fun? Maybe someone energetic to tire his calm exposure out :>.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:33 am
What are your ideas for them?: I see Ishraqi as a lost lion, not sure where to go in life. He's a rogue right now, looking for his purpose in life. After an encounter with another rogue brings him some insight, he'll head in the general direction of the Jhay and wind up in the debt of the Burkuteshti. He'll become absorbed in their eternal fight, and declare this to be his purpose in life, helping the Burkuteshti.

Entering For: Seastar/Barij
What are your ideas for them?: Barij considers himself 'old blood' of the gypsies, and for this, has a sense of pride. Not "I'm better than you" pride, but "I can trace my family's roots here and here alone." As an Alchemist, the world fascinates him, and especially other lions fascinate him. He enjoys hearing about the places new members have come from, and he acknowledges that this may have something to do with his unknown father. He's not looking to roam, himself - He has his eye on a lioness in the pride!

Entering For: Adokh
What are your ideas for them?: Adokh is an adventurer sort - As a cub, he'd have likely grown up listening to stories of the roguelands from other lions who'd joined the pride from outside, or been born in the pride, left, and came back again. He wants to go out and see the world a bit... But he's also afraid to leave all he knows.

Eventually he will leave, though, and wander for a while and visit a few prides. Eventually, though, he'll settle and make his home in the Jini, since sending their children off to see the world and find who they are appeals to his "I want to know" attitude.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm
Entering For: Eysha
What are your ideas for them?: Eysha has never wanted anything more than to belong ; to find a place where he can call home. Unfortunately through trial and trouble, he's not had much luck with that. (I'd RP out him finding people or places and then having trouble with them). Over time I'd like to make him a darker character ; sick and tired of being let down by people, he starts to obsess over finding someone who he'll MAKE stay... I don't have any dark lions really, so I thought this could be quite fun! Plus you know, it's good for other people's plots to have a creepy lion.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 pm
Entering For: Seastar / Barij
What are your ideas for them?: I see him as a male with a roguish nature; he doesn't mind flirting with the ladies from time to time, nor is he against thieving from others to get the things he needs. He'd be mated with my girl, Sunshine, since she's just surly enough to keep his rumpus in line. He'll often bicker about her nagging, and she'll harass him for his philandering, but at the end of the two the two won't be able to go long without each other.  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 am
He would stay within the pride and I would like to see him rise up in ranks to Master Alchemist eventually. I would like to find him a gyspy girl or even possibly a thief, to keep him on his toes. He may even perhaps travel outside of the pride to find himself a mate. I'm not against flings either since he's just so darn pretty and then settling him down because a certain gypsy lion snatches him up. ^_^

He has a bit of a reserved side but likes adventure and mischief, which is odd since he took the rank of Alchemy. He could have been a thief but had decided to help those around him with medicine. He has a love for trinkets and shiney things (will get him edits to reflect if I win him) and loves to see what the thieves bring back with them. He will chase a female around now and again if she catches his eye but he hasn't found that one to really tie him down. He wants someone with mystery and adventure to tell and can keep him on his toes and keep him guessing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 pm
What are your ideas for them?: i would stick with what bit of personality you have for him as it seems he is more the relaxed type despite the hard core traditionalist upbringing which i think would bring amusing rp between him and his family. and maybe a plot with his older sister where she not only harasses him over being a fallen traditionalist but also tries to set him up with a traditionalist female since she noticed he hasn't had no interest in settling down with a mate. but that is if she is the type to do that. i don't know i really fail at plots sadly but i couldn't resist attempting.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 pm
Entering For: Ishraqi
What are your ideas for them?: I see Ishraqi being a proud lion, never turning his back on anyone that needs help. That being said, his personality comes to assist a lost lion known as Mlia who seems pretty helpless after losing his pride and family. Ish will venture with Mlia, until they find themselves in a new home together. Along the way, they will see familiar looking faces (one of Ish's children, although he will not know it), before both settling in the swamplands/mounties. His future name in the pride (granted acceptance) would be Macheleo-saidia [Protecting the place where the sun rises in the East]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 am
Only ever knowing his mother and siblings. He was always wondering what more there was then the Pridelands. Always wondering what more there was then family. Having so many sibling meant he had more to live up. More to be expected of. He could only ever dream never taking action; only even thinking about it. He never though of the danger that could be near he was innocent. Still un touched by the dangers that could come. Never knowing his father made him curious of what it would be like to go to the Rougelands where his father was from. He began to convince himself that one day he would go there; and that would be soon. Maybe not alone but he would go their to find out the mystery behind the rest of the world. He would find out especially about his families past.  

Leasano

Invisible Shapeshifter

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:52 pm
Ishraqi has a text book case of narcissism, think Tony Stark without money and an iron suit. He could be a younger half-brother to my Kifalmen'Doto, an elder lion with a deep, troubled history. Which is the reason for the narcissism, he was once the son of a King. The fact that he was cast out of the kingdom for lack of the royal seal meant something totally different to the adol. Ishraqi. He saw it as a gift to see the world and spread his beauty to every lion in all of Africa! Nothing brings a smile to his face quite his reflection, no one gives better advice than him, no one is smarter than him and everyone falls short in comparison. He even goes so far as to speak to himself in third person. This lion would be very hard pressed to find a lioness worthy of his devotion, so a mate could be out of the question. He believes instead he should have devoted 'disciples' to adore him as much as he adores himself, though he has not successfully found one. (I think a familiar of some sort would be perfect) The ultimate accomplishment of a narcissist is spreading his seed, it would become his life goal; to have as many carbon copies of himself as he could in his lifetime. That is until he breeds with the wrong female and has to run for his life to avoid castration, straight into a devious pride.

Entering For: Eshya
Eysha once had a wonderful life that he shared with a wonderful mate with a belly full of cubs, whom he adored more than life itself. They lived on the outskirts of a desert pride that was over come by a drought fueled plague. Eysha's mate Ghriddel was a such a heavy hypochondriac that she convinced herself she had come down with the sickness and since she had not felt the cubs move that day, she feared they wouldn't make it either. In the most difficult decision she ever had to make she took her own life with poisonous berries and without a single word to Eysha. Obviously devastated, Eysha would never be the same again..
But that was hundreds of fermented fruits and long years of introspection ago. Since then he learned a few valuable lessons: not to trust another to overcome their weaknesses, but to master his own; a pride cannot save one from death, but could certainly help with loneliness; be cautious of another's core values, and stick to his own as if it is the only thing that has saved him. His personality could best be described as mostly serious with a demand for respect but some big, silly quirks if you can get past the chip on his shoulder.
Future plots would include getting into a scuffle or two with prankster punks, joining a pride that has similar values and powerful healers (which he would probably take as a mate) after trying several different prides that don't quite fit, and when he has cubs he will be overbearing and treat them like porcelain dolls until they can prove otherwise.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:46 pm
What are your ideas for them?: I see Barij is an alchemist! So what if, he was like a mad alchemist! He doesn't seem to have mention of a muse, so i'd love to give him one! I'm a huge fan of the gypsies and their muses, especially now that their Mother is back among them <3 So lets say we give him the muse of herbs ... or fumes? Something to do with his mixology! :'D I could totally see this spastic little Barij running around the pride mixing random concoctions out of different types of herbs and plants. Claiming they do this that and the other, while whispering happily to himself, about his next creation. Of course - none of them will be dangerous, and would have some effect or another. But none of them would likely do what he said they would! Because he'd always be the type to think way to freely - like "THIS POTION WILL MAKE YOU FLY!" O_O

He's a beast of a lion, and a lot of his 'clientele' purchase his potions just so he'll stop scaring them! Though he's a sweetie, so he's not trying to scare them. You can totally blame his obliviousness for that one.

Outside of his mad hatter episodes, I imagine Barij being a gentle giant. The type to sway with the breeze and have a soft tone to his voice. He wouldn't be the type to step on toes, or speak out of line. He's two entirely different entities based on what his surroundings are - Mixing potions? Mad Hatter! Chillaxing? Seastar!

Given that personality, I can only imagine the plots I could put together for this guy given the time to think it over C:<  

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:18 am
Depawsit
What are your ideas for them?: I see Barij is an alchemist! So what if, he was like a mad alchemist! He doesn't seem to have mention of a muse, so i'd love to give him one! I'm a huge fan of the gypsies and their muses, especially now that their Mother is back among them <3 So lets say we give him the muse of herbs ... or fumes? Something to do with his mixology! :'D I could totally see this spastic little Barij running around the pride mixing random concoctions out of different types of herbs and plants. Claiming they do this that and the other, while whispering happily to himself, about his next creation. Of course - none of them will be dangerous, and would have some effect or another. But none of them would likely do what he said they would! Because he'd always be the type to think way to freely - like "THIS POTION WILL MAKE YOU FLY!" O_O

He's a beast of a lion, and a lot of his 'clientele' purchase his potions just so he'll stop scaring them! Though he's a sweetie, so he's not trying to scare them. You can totally blame his obliviousness for that one.

Outside of his mad hatter episodes, I imagine Barij being a gentle giant. The type to sway with the breeze and have a soft tone to his voice. He wouldn't be the type to step on toes, or speak out of line. He's two entirely different entities based on what his surroundings are - Mixing potions? Mad Hatter! Chillaxing? Seastar!

Given that personality, I can only imagine the plots I could put together for this guy given the time to think it over C:<

Yours! As for Muse, he was born just before the meta that ended those - so he would have heard voices as a cub, but probably hadn't found his Muse before they cut off.

samus x
What are your ideas for them?: i would stick with what bit of personality you have for him as it seems he is more the relaxed type despite the hard core traditionalist upbringing which i think would bring amusing rp between him and his family. and maybe a plot with his older sister where she not only harasses him over being a fallen traditionalist but also tries to set him up with a traditionalist female since she noticed he hasn't had no interest in settling down with a mate. but that is if she is the type to do that. i don't know i really fail at plots sadly but i couldn't resist attempting.

Yours!

TanuKyle
Entering For: Eysha
What are your ideas for them?: Eysha has never wanted anything more than to belong ; to find a place where he can call home. Unfortunately through trial and trouble, he's not had much luck with that. (I'd RP out him finding people or places and then having trouble with them). Over time I'd like to make him a darker character ; sick and tired of being let down by people, he starts to obsess over finding someone who he'll MAKE stay... I don't have any dark lions really, so I thought this could be quite fun! Plus you know, it's good for other people's plots to have a creepy lion.

Yoooours.

Andranis
What are your ideas for them?: Adokh is an adventurer sort - As a cub, he'd have likely grown up listening to stories of the roguelands from other lions who'd joined the pride from outside, or been born in the pride, left, and came back again. He wants to go out and see the world a bit... But he's also afraid to leave all he knows.

Eventually he will leave, though, and wander for a while and visit a few prides. Eventually, though, he'll settle and make his home in the Jini, since sending their children off to see the world and find who they are appeals to his "I want to know" attitude.

And yours!

Talencia
What are your ideas for them?: His mother named him for the colors of his mane and tail, honoring the dawn. While he himself does not favor the dawn over dusk, he does find delight and fulfillment in their breathtaking beauty. He is a lion of few words, not often speaking unless stirred to. However, when he does speak, it is with great sincerity and warmth. He has the soul of a poet, taking inspiration and meaning from the natural world around him. He has a sensitive nature, and is easily moved emotionally. He is highly sentimental, and not at all a fighter. He will willingly run away from a fight, unless someone less capable of defending themselves than he is being threatened. Then he feels woefully inept, but will stand to defend the helpless.

For now he wanders. His heart would have fit in well with the Navi, but he has learned of their color restrictions, and knows he would not be very welcome there. Instead, he searches for a pride that will accept him for who he is rather than what he looks like. He fancies naturally colored girls, but does not restrict himself to lion females only (though feline is a necessary requirement). He seeks both home and mate, a place to settle in, savor the wonderfulness of life, to belong without constraint.

I may have him meet up with my lioness Taabika and her leopard mate. His sensitive nature would jive well with Taabika's emotional troubles. In fact, perhaps he is who guides her and Jazi through the rough terrain of learning to trust and let go. Yes, I like that! They would travel together until they found a place where they all were comfortable, or where Ishraqi would leave them for his own path.

And last but not least, yours!

For recerting proof, you can just link back to this :3. Thank you for entering, everyone!  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff