Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Washer Exposed as a False Prophet By Fundamental Baptist Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 pm
Paul Washer Exposed as a False Prophet By Fundamental Baptist

My comment to the video:
James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Proverbs 28:13
Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

From what I have gathered watching him he is not preaching works salvation, but that a good tree carries good fruit. Turning away from sin, and sanctification is an important part of what it means to be a Christian. I mean we have a living, and holy God, who hates sin! Why should we preach that it is ok to sin? Why do we take so lightly on the subject when God had to sacrifice his own Son so we could live, because we were dead in our sins? Why do we take sin so lightly? Forgiveness is not license to continue as before! Why do we say to dead trees that is ok, when Jesus preached the ax is at the root? (Matthew 3:10) How extremely disrespectful and unloving towards God! He did not save you so you could continue on the road that you were walking! He did not give you life, so that you can continue being dead!

1 John 2:3
We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.

Romans 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Not your own will! God's will! Who are you serving? Who do you belong to?
Who bought you with His precious blood? Why are you so disrespectful towards him?

It is not a good thing to remain a babe in Christ forever!

How shameful it must have been to the Corinthians when Paul addressed them...
"I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are STILL WORLDLY."

1 Corinthians 3:1
Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly--mere infants in Christ.

Take the message to heart, and don't use it as a licence to be worldly! Grow up! Grow up to be more like Him who is the head!

[Working link April 8th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:01 pm

That... was painful.
I agree Garland. Good verses!
I don't think he has a very good understanding of what Paul Washer preaches... I fear for the people that were listening in that sermon.

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

SolaceSerenitySerendipity

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:45 pm
I am VERY familiar with the nonsense that "pastor" Steven Anderson preaches... I even wrote a paper for school that was about him and his "ministry" and have had online exchanges with him.

The man is hateful, foul-mouthed, a KJV_Onlyist and he does not submit to lawful authorities... and that is the tip of the iceberg. He has no clue what Washer really preaches, because he doesn't preach the gospel himself!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:52 pm
Grace from God

That... was painful.
I agree Garland. Good verses!
I don't think he has a very good understanding of what Paul Washer preaches... I fear for the people that were listening in that sermon.

I do too... He is basically telling people that it is ok to be worldly.
That is not what the Bible is telling us...

Mark 4:19
but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:59 pm
Snakes in the church, this is depressing. So many people are probably being led down the wrong path thanks to this "pastor".  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 am
I am VERY familiar with the nonsense that "pastor" Steven Anderson preaches... I even wrote a paper for school that was about him and his "ministry" and have had online exchanges with him.

The man is hateful, foul-mouthed, a KJV_Onlyist and he does not submit to lawful authorities... and that is the tip of the iceberg. He has no clue what Washer really preaches, because he doesn't preach the gospel himself!

Did he respond to you to you in the same way he is acting in the video?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 am
It's dangerous to say there are no such thing as a carnal Christian. Look over at Corinth and Galatia. Both carnal, Corinth being more so, the sharpness Paul had to be with them to act straight and grow up was immense comparable to the other Churches. Anyway, I haven't listened to any of the man's talks so I don't know if he is being edited out since I've run into a lot of preachers and teachers who seem to revel in discredited one another. for their own gain... =  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:17 am
Hamul
It's dangerous to say there are no such thing as a carnal Christian. Look over at Corinth and Galatia. Both carnal, Corinth being more so, the sharpness Paul had to be with them to act straight and grow up was immense comparable to the other Churches. Anyway, I haven't listened to any of the man's talks so I don't know if he is being edited out since I've run into a lot of preachers and teachers who seem to revel in discredited one another. for their own gain... =

It is taken out of context.

The whole video

"In modern day evangelism, this precious doctrine [of regeneration] has been reduced to nothing more than a human decision to raise one's hand, walk an aisle, or pray a 'sinner's prayer.' As a result, the majority of Americans believe that they've been 'born again' even though their thoughts, words, and deeds are a continual contradiction to the nature and will of God." ~ Paul Washer

He is saying he questions if someone is saved, if the fruits they are producing are not the fruits of the Spirit. How can someone say they belongs to God, and then continue the life they lived before they knew God? If they feel no urge to repent their sins, or to hate the sins God hates - how can they be saved? If you belong to God, and you are a changed man, why is it not showing?
I mean regeneration is God's work in you, and not your work, then why are you not convicted of sin?

"Repentance is simply giving up to stop fighting against God and to stop attempting to gain your own salvation through your own works; to literally give up and fall upon Christ. That is salvation." ~ Paul Washer  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

All he's done is discredited the KJB, not that it already stands on many errors but so do a lot of the Newer Versions(This being without further study in the Greek and Hebrew subtexts/history/idioms/Metaphors/Similies etc). That being said, he isn't doing anyone any service especially God, by slandering/twisting other's words. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the many people who are attacking the Bible then helping it. The man is great at misdirection too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:30 am
Romans 6
English Standard Version (ESV)
Dead to Sin, Alive to God

6 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. 14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Slaves to Righteousness

15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:07 am
Garland-Green

Did he respond to you to you in the same way he is acting in the video?

Yes

Anderson is not a very rational person to engage in any kind of discussion with wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:09 am
Hamul

All he's done is discredited the KJB, not that it already stands on many errors but so do a lot of the Newer Versions(This being without further study in the Greek and Hebrew subtexts/history/idioms/Metaphors/Similies etc). That being said, he isn't doing anyone any service especially God, by slandering/twisting other's words. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the many people who are attacking the Bible then helping it. The man is great at misdirection too.

YouTube is a haven for the KJV Onlyists.
The strange thing is, is that they tend to fight amongst themselves and try to discredit each other! LOL

King James Onlyists Burn Bible  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 am
Hamul

YouTube is a haven for the KJV Onlyists.
The strange thing is, is that they tend to fight amongst themselves and try to discredit each other! LOL

King James Onlyists Burn Bible

As someone who has watched a bunch of their videos in the past year I can admit they don't want to follow scripture more less be more right than his/her brother. It's easy to hurl ad-homen and insults but we are commanded to judge righteous judgement WITHOUT the hypocritical judgement we all need repenting of. Anyway, I found out Steven Anderson is connected to the LDS Church or Mormons, so I'm not surprised by his character at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm
What I believe what we should do is to pray for this pastor, rather he is false or not. I believe when someone is in fault, we should restore him meekly. I think that can go for us and for that pastor. But while we pray, we also should also stand for truth. I am not a Paul Washerian. I am not saved by Paul Washer. I am a Christian. I am saved by Christ alone through faith and grace alone.

But I believe that Paul Washer is a dear brother in Christ, and we should not talk bad about our brothers and sisters in Christ, or anyone in that respect. I do enjoy learning through him because he is bold and not afraid to tell the truth how it really is.  

Biblical_Counselor

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 pm
There is always the tension of calling out false teachers vs restoring a brother/sister. To restore someone, they have to admit to their issues, first.

Paul gives us a great example of calling out false teachers in Galatians 5.

A couple of articles on false teachers and how they operate:

Exposing False Teachers

7 Marks of a False Teacher

=====

As far as Paul Washer is concerned, I do not think he teaches works salvation, but out of context, he certainly could be misconstrued as doing so ... another reason that soundbites should not be the basis of condemning a fellow brother or sister in the Lord, as Mr. Anderson has done.  
Links

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff