Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tengoku no Kurēdoru Lands [IC]
[ LOG ] Welcome my Queen | Sion, Maa-nefer, & Kaze-Ki | IP Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:41 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Vilhelm ||
Nearly two seasons had passed since the meeting on the border. Maa-nefer would return to the border morning and night with no sign of Sion or any of his followers. No news would pass the border, not a whisper. The rains went and the dry season came. The dry season came and soon gave way to the rains once more. One early morning, Maa would come to the border to find not the pale-featured Sion, but his dark companion, Vilhelm.

The youth had grown in stature but remained lithe, muscular, and lean. His mane had filled out and while he bore the scars of his youth, his coat was glossy and his mane thick. There was a fiery confidence in his green eyes that hadn't been there before. Rather than stalking about like a hostile wild dog, the lion carried himself with an air of authority. He had told Maa-nefer very little, only to take those who would come and to leave with him.

The journey was a very long one and Maa would find Vilhelm was not alone. Kefira returned, looking healthier and more ambitious than before. Another male with long, slender legs and a handsome pale coat by the name of Ashur had accompanied them. They said very little of their destination and of Sion, only that he was ready to receive them and that the party that he sent was there both as guides to a new land and as body guards.

They crossed over grasslands, over swamps, and cut across the coastline until they came to a wide open landscape, green as an emerald with a few distinct peaks rising up like the points of a crown. The sea spilled into several rivers that fed a massive lake, in the center of which had a large volcanic cone, long extinct. The party entered the greenest of the three, and the most open. The only standing structure was a crescent shaped cropping of stone, a cliff that simply rose out of the ground at a steep incline to face the lake.

Vilhelm led the party to the foot of this structure and instructed all but Maa-nefer to go with the others to see to their new lodgings, to refreshments, and a much needed rest. The crimson lion led Maa-nefer onward, up into the structure. It was nothing like the crude caves of most prides. In fact, the caves seemed structured, wide, with open halls and arching 'windows' opening up to the sea. There were pelts laying on the ground to soften it and a variety of found artifacts decorating stone shelves. They climbed higher and higher until they came to the upper-most level. Here, Vilhelm stopped and bid her forward.

"He's waiting for you inside, M'lady. I'll be here."

Sion ||
The wide open doorway would lead into a massive circular chamber. The arching windows faced the sea, allowing a gentle breeze in at all times. Towards the center of the chamber rose up a stone dais covered in fine pelts and a handful of fabrics. At the foot of the dais stood a pale lion with soft blue features and what looked like a scale pattern down his back. He held his head up high.

On the stone dais, laying among the pelts in wait, was Sion. His pelt was sleek as silk, his mane much longer and now pulled back away from his face in a neat, long braid. He wore a soft blue sash around his neck that fell long over one side of him. As the female arrived he rose to a stand.

Kaze-Ki ||
"Welcome to the kingdom of Kaze, Maa-nefer." The Saiho announced in a soft but stern voice. "May I present to you, Kaze-ou, King Sion Astal."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:26 pm
Maa-nefer ||

After her previous encounter with Sion life simply... went back to normal in the pridelands, as if there had never been any interruption at all. The others had been somewhat disappointed about missing him, but were glad to hear he was still doing well.

In those days spent checking the borders for signs of the male Maa-nefer further honed her hunting skills. She'd learned long ago, of course, but the difference between hunting in tall grass and shifting, golden sands were like night and day. One had to learn how to be mindful of every little thing around them. It required grace that was similar but all together different from what she'd learned from the artisans in her birth pride. Maa-nefer couldn't really count HOW many twigs she'd broken while stalking zebra or gazelle.

And here the lands were so open, flat, and mild that the prey didn't seem to tire as quickly.

Oh, well, flat except for those randomly buried rocks.

And the twigs.

Always with the twigs.

All the same she took lessons from Kinyago and Amavasi, who had both grown up learning from their mothers how to bring down prey from the grass. It had been amazing to watch them disappear as if their coats were green rather than black and brown.

She also learned more of the outside world from Tai whenever time would allow the two a moment. The aging lioness didn't have much strength left in her at her age, after birthing so many litters in her life time it had taken a heavy toll. I twas only the second time that Maa-nefer had learned of some of the horrors and hardships forced upon others, those who longed for freedom and equality that so many might take for granted. It reminded her of what Sion was out there striving to achieve, working hard to make a reality, a place where lionesses like Tai wouldn't have to suffer at the claws of her own father and any male that claimed gender as their birthright and might made right. A place where cubs wouldn't be discarded by their fathers and tormented by those that should have been supportive, family. If he succeeded it would be a place where lionesses like Lela weren't taken from right outside the border of their own home... forced to live like lessers and servants against their will.

And when Tai's time finally came her companion, Asali, offered his companionship to the larger predator, passing on his own stories and encounters. They spent many mornings and evenings at that same border just talking for hours, long before or after Maa's other friends went to bed. Gaddith, Asali, and Matifu were the only ones that really saw how much the princess had come to miss Sion in the days since their last parting. So when the summons came later... it was a hard decision to leave the second home that she knew- her friends -but Matifu was among the first to encourage her to go, along with Gaddith.

She was enternally grateful that Gaddith and Asali had decided to come along. She couldn't ask the others to leave their family behind after being reunited with them, but Matifu and Jian Xue promised to find them to visit some day at the very least. During their travels they had the chance to become somewhat better acquainted. Maa learned the full story behind Kefira's meeting with Sion. She realized rather quickly that most of their companions were the quiet types, but as their band grew with both new and familiar faces she only felt reassured that leaving had been the right decision.

The sea was the first thing that she immediately recognized. Even having never seen it before, Sion's description stuck so strongly with her that the moment she felt the tickle of an unfamiliar scent in her nose she knew just what it was they were looking at. A large lake spread through the center of the lands, and in the distance shone that endless blue and turquoise glittering like diamonds just like he'd described. Truly it was the most magnificent thing that she'd ever seen, and she had to try to curb her curiosity and questions as they traveled further in land.

Gaddith and Asali were sent on while she and Vilhelm went on ahead. Into a stone structure that for all intent and purpose seemed like a mountain or cliff on the outside, yet hosted such well done passages and openings inside that she was immediately reminded of home. The difference was in the personal touches and the order of it all. Her paws brushed over numerous pelts on the way in, and she saw such fascinating items along the walls. It was almost like a dream...! Perhaps the most dreamlike part of it all was stopping at the highest point, looking to Vilhelm, and hearing his words. Immediately Maa-nefer's heart did a rapid fire beat in her chest. Not even a name, but she knew exactly who he was, and with a bright smile and a delighted thank you to the young male she turned to enter the room.

Inside she was greeted by a lion she'd never met before, but her attention couldn't help but be commanded by the lion who had orchestrated it all. Looking somehow even more magnificent and now regal than the last time she'd laid eyes on him (And oh, goodness- she wasn't one to fret about such things normally but in comparison she must look quite travel worn. Sion wouldn't care about that, though, right? They'd both seen each other looking this way already before, but what a way to make a first impression in his new kingdom! Ha ha...) was the male that fate seemed content to bring in and out of her life for the last four or five seasons.

She hoped that this time it would be for good.

Her eyes lit up with a genuine happiness to see him again, and she bowed respectfully.

"A lion very true to his word." She smiled, knowing- or hoping that of course the reference would be obvious. She didn't need to be reminded anymore. He'd proven that time and again. The question on her mind now was what she could do to help. As the awe began to- not quite fade but sort of settle like a fresh coat of dust after a sand storm, Maa looked from the new male back to Sion in silent question. How freely could they speak here- and who was this new lion?

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:41 pm
Sion ||
Sion stepped down from the dais in graceful, calculated steps. His eyes were as warm and gentle as ever, but there was something else there. Relief, joy, the realization of his dream having finally come to completion. At least...the foundations of his dream. There was always work to do. Now that they had a kingdom, a territory, and a people there were borders within his kingdom to draw, nobles to appoint to watch over certain areas, the military to arrange - it was always work. However, now he had the authority to do as he needed and the numbers to keep things running smoothly. There was strength to defend those he looked after and the blessings of the gods to assure that no one would know hardship again- so long as he ruled justly.

He laughed at the comment and gave a short tip of his head. "The most valuable thing any lion can have, even if he's poor, is his word. I hope I have proven to be a wealthy lion indeed."

He came to a stop in front of the female and lowered his head to nudge at hers. "And now finally I can give you a place to call home. A place for everyone."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:55 pm
Maa-nefer ||
Maa-nefer's smile warmed and seemed to come to life a little more as he came closer, and when their heads touched she shut her eyes happily and returned the gesture. "It's amazing. It's the most beautiful place that I've ever seen."

And that comment wasn't made lightly, given how much she loved and admired her homelands, but the combinations of colors and the dens here were breathtaking in combination.

"I'm so glad to be here with you. I've missed you."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:02 pm
Sion |
"I missed you as well... but I did not feel right sending for you until this place was ready to recieve you."

He smiled as she nuzzled him back and took a step away. "It is beautiful." The lion turned and nodded towards the window. Leading Maa closer to the open archway he looked out and took a long, deep breath. The gentle breeze caught his mane and tossed it about his face. He would never grow tired of the view.

"I cannot lay claim to having actually obtained it. See the mountain there? In the center of the lake?" He motioned outwards with a paw. "That is Kasai, and there the gods watch over us. It was they that founded this place. They carved this structure- the Wind Palace -" He motioned around himself, "To be our home. There are two other kingdoms, each a separate part of this pride, with their own kings. We are forbidden from crossing into each other's territory or waging war."

He glanced to her, then nodded towards the other lion in the room. "That is Kaze-Ki. He was sent by the gods to find a ruler for this kingdom and he just happened to have a lapse of judgement long enough to choose me."

Kaze-Ki ||
The lion shook his head slowly with the faintest hint of a smile. "It was no lapse of judgement. I am the Saiho of this kingdom. A seer appointed by the gods to serve this kingdom until the day we pass on. My brother and sister found their rulers the way I did- we saw a favorable future and felt great promise in those we selected. I have every confidence in my decision."

He glanced to Sion. "So this is the female?"

Sion ||
Sion gave a short nod. "This is she."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:47 pm
Maa-nefer ||
She followed as he motioned and started forward, towards the opening. The breeze felt wonderful, carrying in that unfamiliar smell of the sea, and she was already learning to love it. For just a moment she closed her eyes and felt the tickle of the wind over her whiskers, but was soon paying rapt attention to the landmarks that Sion pointed out. They were ideals and concepts and a way of life that she could understand and relate to. They'd lived "alongside" the gods back home, with the great ones literally making home in the levels above them within the temple walls. The gods coming and going had become so common at one point that the birth of seers within the pride came as no surprise at all. The idea that they would guide the way of life in these new lands was a familiar comfort.

Maa-nefer turned away from the window to regard the other lion once again as Sion introduced him, trying to stifle a giggle, listening to their banter and decidedly quite curious what "the female" meant, but nothing in their tones really gave anything away.

Instead she offered a smile again and inclined her head in polite greeting.

"Then it's a pleasure to meet you, Kaze-ki."

... But, really- a glance between both males- that was NOT her imagination, there had been a thing between them just now- about her. Anyone else know how that story about curosity and cats goes?

"I can't help but feel a bit out of the loop..."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 am
Kaze-ki ||
The lion dipped his head in return. "It is a pleasure. His highness has been watching the border for some time. I was curious what sort of individual could possibly take his eyes off of his work for even a moment."

The slender lion caught an almost scolding look from Sion in that moment. He ignored it and simply averted his eyes. "To whatever end, welcome."

Sion ||
"Well I suppose there's no point in delaying it any longer." Sion looked back towards Kaze-Ki and cleared his throat. "Can you see to the comfort of our additional guests? It is quite a journey here and they may be in need of something. At the very least, they may be a little confused."

Kaze-Ki ||
"A simple dismissal will do." The Saiho stepped lightly from his post and started to the exit. "Just for future reference."

Sion ||
Well if that didn't toss a pawful of cold water over the situation...

Shaking his head, Sion looked back to Maa-nefer. "You will grow to like him. He's quite serious and he takes his job far too seriously, but he means well. I just wouldn't trust him with subtle tact in any event."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:17 am
Maa-nefer ||
He was certainly direct, but that was alright. Maa-nefer had met her share of direct lions and other creatures in her time. Jian's mother, her older sister princess Soa, just to name a couple.

She was visibly trying to contain at least some of her mirth when he turned back to her.

"That's alright. It takes all sorts, and as long as he means well..."

Grow to like him indeed, she didn't doubt that. Maa had a hard time disliking others.

But then of course it seemed clear that there was something on Sion's mind, and she wondered if he'd ask something of her, if whatever it was was related to her the reason he'd called her to his new kingdom.

"Sion, what's on your mind?" She gently probed, watching him with soft eyes.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm
Sion ||
He watched as Kaze-Ki took his leave and waited, counting quietly under his breath, until he was certain that he and Maa-nefer were alone. Vilhelm was likely hovering somewhere outside the door, ever watchful, in case there was a threat that posed itself. It couldn't be helped. Privacy was just one of the many things a noble sacrificed in order to maintain their position. It was a mixed blessing. If there was an attack or one's health failed, someone was right there to respond. On the other hand, private conversations were difficult to arrange.

Looking back to his companion, his eyes softened. "Well as you can see, I have obtained nearly everything I need in order to begin building the kingdom I spoke of. I have a secure territory for the people to live within. There are resources here, a plentiful amount in fact, and more to come if I can gain the blessing of the gods. I have a number of citizens, small as it is, to begin the population. I have a few loyal guards, and I have the blessing and support of a Saiho- though that I didn't know I would need originally." He chuckled. "I'm afraid i'm still learning the ways of this land."

Waving a paw he continued. "In fact, I have have everything I need, strictly speaking. But there's one thing I would like. Firstly- are you happy here? Can you see yourself finding purpose?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 pm
Maa-nefer ||
In the silence that followed Maa-nefer took in the sounds surrounding them, especially the wind. It was almost familiar, though the lands were vastly different from those of her birth. So she listened, waiting patiently for Sion to bide his time and count down the moments until the other male was assuredly gone. She and Sher had done the same back home in the temple dens whenever they sought a private moment from their siblings or parents as children. The memory brought some amusement and it was a happy thought. How was Sher doing back home, she wondered?

He was leading up to something, of that she was sure, and he confirmed it just moments later.

A new kingdom, a fresh start, a clean slate... could she find purpose here? Her tail swayed over the stone floor with a moment's thought, just to be sure, not to seem too hasty.

"I can see that and more. I'd like the chance to see more of this place and meet its people."

Her curiosity was apparent, maybe a little hopeful as she sat before him waiting for what would come next.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 pm
Sion ||
The waiting was almost torture but he managed it without so much as a falter in his jawline. His expression remained pleasant and gentle as always. She considered the question, which was good, it meant that she wasn't rash. She wouldn't jump into things without first taking time to consider them.

When she answered, Sion nodded. "And so you shall. There's much to see and, at present, not too many to meet. I do hope to meet with the other nobles and their Saiho, at least to know who sits at each border. It's customary for nobles to meet though I don't know if the gods would say otherwise."

Realizing that he deviated from the topic once again, he turned his attention back to the matter at hand. "It would be easier, perhaps, for you to join me if you were my queen. That is to say-" He glanced over. "That is the one thing I want but do not yet have. I would be honored if you stood by my side at the start of this reign, and perhaps beyond into the passing."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:56 pm
Maa-nefer ||
It almost took her a moment to realize that he was proposing. Was he? Okay, maybe she wasn't really sure yet, but it sounded like he was. Or maybe it was a suggestion...

No, no, he was definitely proposing, that last part cinched it.

As a princess, especially one of the youngest in a very, very large litter Maa-nefer hadn't given too much thought to marriage back home. Her father, Muroki, would want her to marry for love but in their culture it was hardly unheard of for royalty and nobility to be married off to strengthen relationships between families, or to ensure cubs with desireable traits. More to the point, many members of the pride were in some way related to one another. She hadn't met anyone that really made her heart race or gave her those wonderful nervous jitters yet like her mother once described when telling of how she'd grown to care for Muroki.

And as much as well as she got along with just about everyone she met she was happier just making friends and living life than thinking about a lifemate. But when she had, well.. she hadn't anticipated it going quite like this. She wanted to be thrilled. She wanted to be elated! ... But...

"Is it just because that would be what's easiest...?" Her tone wasn't displeased, her head tilting a bit.

He did say he'd be honored, but that could mean several different things. Birthright wasn't a deciding factor for him so she didn't think it had anything to do with her royal status back home. He had expressed once that he thought her to be truly noble. Was it simply about them being a match, or was there something more there? That was what she hoped, especially since she felt that way herself.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:03 am
Sion ||
He held his breath behind his practiced smile. A small part of him was squirming, hoping to see her light up and smile. Her answer didn't come, in fact her next words were said with such a hesitant state of disbelief and uncertainty that it was nearly heartbreaking. What had he done wrong?

Outside, Vilhelm slapped a paw to his face. It was rude to over-hear but someone had to guard the audience chamber.

Oblivious to the lion outside, Sion watched Maa's face. At first he half hoped she was joking, but the desperate look in her eyes shoved that notion aside. He'd genuinely confused, and perhaps hurt her. He chuckled, then outright laughed. "Easy?" He laughed again and shook his head. "Easy? Maa-nefer, if I was the sort of lion to do what came easily, I would not be here today. Nor would you-"

He wiped at his eye and looked back over. "This arrangement was not an easy thing to see organized. Everything had to be perfect, even the view. I hear it's tradition to present some sort of gem or grand treasure to the lioness a male seeks to marry. What bigger treasure can I offer you than to share the thing I spent my entire life fighting to obtain?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 pm
Maa-nefer ||
When put to her that way Maa-nefer suddenly felt quite silly. If lions could blush-- Thankfully that was not the case. Of course, her ears did rock back on her head, but that was the extent of the show of her embarrassment. Besides which it was quite difficult to feel too mortified when he'd just confessed that he'd gone to a great deal of trouble to make sure everything was prepared just so he could propose (There was one thing she wasn't sure she agree with though. Falling for him had sure been easy enough.).

Her expression changed as soon as realization dawned seconds before, and she reached over to cover one of Sion's paws with her own. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize-"

It could be a simple difference of tradition and culture, really, but she hadn't meant to worry, upset, or offend him any more than he had with her.

"It's perfect, Sion. I couldn't think of anything I'd treasure more than sharing a life with you here."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 pm
Sion ||
The lion's eyes softened as Maa's slender, gentle paw touched his and the defensive question and reaction melted away. There were times he wished he was...better at expressing himself. For so long he had trained himself to hide behind a diplomatic smile, guarding his emotions and speaking in general terms. He had never expected to actually take a mate at any point of his life. When he was a youngster, it just meant those looking to harm him had a weakness to exploit and one more innocent to pull into the conflict. Even now, that fear gripped him. What if he had enemies that came this far? What if they hurt her? What if asking her to be by his side was the same as an execution?

He kept his thoughts behind his smile, as always, and pushed them far as he could manage. He would simply have to deploy more guards. That required obtaining them, which required scouting and a new training regiment to test them. He would have to come up with new standards and training procedures. Time would have to be made to oversee their progress and even test a few of them- oh why was there always more work?

"Don't apologize, Maa-nefer. I'm afraid I've never been the best in regards to matters of the heart." He dipped his head slightly.

"I'm honored. Perhaps I can make up for my clumsy proposal by way of a grand celebration. You can meet your people, they can meet you, and when the night closes it will be just the two of us." He nudged her cheek softly. "A king and his queen."

[IC] Tengoku no Kurēdoru Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff