Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:09 pm
User Image

He shook off the cold with a shake of his furry pelt, it was strange weather for these parts, something he most definitely wasn't prepared for. It seemed almost as if it had come out of nowhere, but he knew better than that. The gods had simply decided that today called for a bit of chill, and for whatever reason he'd decided today was a good day to go on an extra long patrol.

Perhaps it was the extra chill in the air, it seemed to have put a little bit more pop in his step. But at the same time, he was still freezing near to the bone. All the furriness in the world wasn't keeping him as warm as he would have hoped on this chilly day. Sighing to himself, he could see his own breath form before him and he chuckled lightly at the view. It was a rare sight around these parts, but not an unheard of one. Perhaps he'd even see a few flakes of snow on the ground?! Now that was something he'd never seen! Though travelers had told him of the stuff before, and now he longed to see it for himself.

Looking up to the sky, he could see the sun beaming brightly above. Though its glorious rays were shining down, it did little to battle the gods chilly temperature. Shaking his head as he lowered it once more, he set off once more along his route, hoping that something would catch his attention soon. As so far today, his route had been extremely uneventful and truth be told he could go for a little excitement.

Silverlutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:54 pm
User Image

Unforutnately for Wing, she didn't ahve the thick, furry coat that Mez had. Her teeth chattered together as she jogged lightly, trying to keep warm as she headed back home to the Sikukuu. Her energy was starting to wan, though, and she looked around as she ran for someplace to huddle down while the cold spell blew over. Her short fur felt nearly frozen as she bounded along, tears leaking from her eyes from the cold.

Finally she had to stop. Cheetahs weren't the best long distance runners, even when they jogged, and she came to a walk, panting heavily as she did so. Her breath clouded her vision as it hung in the air before her, and after a moment she had to move forward to even see. She was still a day's journey from her pride and she was exhausted, so it was now or never to find a place to rest.

Some movement caught her eye, and she turned quickly with a shiver to see who it was. A leopon, it seemed, not too far off. She eyed his mane jealously and wondered if he wouldn't mind some company. Body heat was never a bad thing, and she was certainly friendly enough. Wing just hopped he was as well. Turning her paws in his direction, she walked quickly to stave off the cold that nipped at her toes.

"H-hello!" she called out, her voice wavering with her chattering teeth. "Oddly c-c-cold today, isn't it-t?" She hadn't meant to sound so pathetic, but it really was hard to talk when your teeth were clicking together like that!  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm
As usual, someone had snuck up on him and his fur stood up on end in response. He quickly turned in the direction of the noise and noticed the cheetah advancing towards him. She seemed to slow as she got closer, her posture not so strong and her body quivering in fear? OH! No she wasn't scared, she was freezing! As she came closer and finally began to speak, that only became more evident by the chattering of her teeth.

"Y-Yes it is! Sort of strange don't you think? It was so warm yesterday too!" Smiling warmly to her, he could feel his heart dropping in his stomach as he felt pity for her. She really wasn't built for such cold weather, where as he had such a large mane and even fuzzier body. And even more furs back home lining his den, he could surely offer her warmth should she be open to it.

"P-Pardon the intrusion into your personal space ma'am but ... you seem cold, is there anything I can help you with?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm
Wing tried to smile, but it looked more like she was laughing without actually making any sound with the way her bottom jaw was moving. He was a bit surprised when he turned around, with those large bottom teeth, but Wing wasn't one to judge based on appearances, rather by personalities.

"Ha...f-funny of you to ask," she said, relieved that he seemed to be kind-hearted. "I normally don't a-ask complete s-s-strangers but...you s-s-seem to have been blessed with lots of f-fur, and I was hoping I might partake in your fortune. I p-promise I'm as meek as I seem," she added with a light laugh as a shudder ran through her body. She just hoped he wouldn't be too off-put by her blunt way of asking.

"There's a tree not f-far that has a hollow inside it," she added, nodding her head in the direction of a tree that had been rotting for years, and now offered a nice bit of shelter during a storm. It would serve its purposes well now.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 pm
The poor thing was freezing, and it took everything he had not to just walk right up to her and burrow himself into her side. But that would be quite inappropriate ... right? He thought it would, for some random stranger to do such a thing, yes definitely weird. Thinking better of the idea, he instead turned his attention back to the female and listened as she spoke, but what she said actually took him off guard quite a bit.

"You want me to use my fur to warm you?" He asked, taking a step forward, unsure whether he had understood her properly. "Meek or strong, it matters not to me I put my trust in you and should you choose to break it. Well, I suppose that is your burden to bear not mine." Mezlijin shrugged to himself with a smile, before continuing on. "Though, do not take offense, but I see no reason to fear you my lady." Dipping his head politely he lowered his paws to fully bow to her. "The name is Mezlijin, and I would be glad to keep you warm for as long as you need me. Just lead the way to this tree of your's, and i'll keep as close as possible." Pausing for a moment before stepping closer, his facial expression changed as he tried to figure out how to phrase his next statement.

"But if at any point I make you incomfortable, please do let me know. I would never wish to do anything of the sort."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm
Wing nodded slightly, glad he had caught on to her request. She laughed slightly as the leopon spoke and shook her head. "No, none is t-taken, I as-sure you." She never wanted to be imposing or threatening, that wasn't her thing in life. She was a crier, one that was always friendly and outgoing towards others, a warm smile and a kind laugh. The fact that she didn't come off as threatening was a good thing.

"V-very nice to meet you, Mezlijin," she said, returning the little bow. "I'm W-wing. W-well my n-name is longer but I'd l-like to get back t-to the t-tree, s-so Wing will do," she said, laughing lightly again to try to keep moving. She turned and set off at a trot even though she was exhausted, her paws aching and ears burning and nose running-

Best not to think about it.

She made it to the tree in a few minutes and stepped into the hollow. It was just big enough for two full grown cheetahs, so having a leopon might make things a bit cramped. That was okay by her, though, because it meant she'd warm up faster. "Just come on in," she called out. "It's okay if you s-step on me a little.'

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm
Mezlijin nodded in acknowledgement to Wing's introduction, but accepted her request to get back to the tree. He could understand being cold, before his mane grew in he would cuddle into Mlinzi for warmth on these days. But now it was his turn to return the favor, and for a lady no less. He was quite happy to return the favor, regardless of gender or age.

As the two reached the tree, he watched as Wing stepped into the hollow. He was cautious of her steps, the tree was hallow but also rotten. He didn't want an accident on top of her freezing feet. Luckily she made it in in one piece and he smiled in relief as she ushered him in. "Nonsense, I won't be stepping on you one bit." He giggled a bit, as she too stepped in, careful of her paws and tail.

There was a fair bit of space, but still not as much as he would have hoped for a leopon. His caboose alone would take up a fair portion of the trunk! This was probably a sign that he should eat less, but he likely wouldn't! The more fat on his belly, the more warmth he could offer Wing! In his mind he chuckled, but he left that one silent as she settled in beside her. His fit was snug, but still comfortable between the two of them.

"There, see! Not a toe stepped on!" He bragged as he cuddled in close to her, allowing his mane to brush around her ears and neck. "So tell me Wing, how is it you know about this tree? Usually the only ones who know about this area, are those from it. But you aren't from here, or I would know your face!"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 pm
Wing watched as Mez carefully moved in to the tree, his larger paws stepping rather delicately around hers and her tails. She smiled at his care and didn't hesitate to snuggle up against his side once he had settled down. She shuddered once more as his cold fur brushed hers, but then she started to feel the warmth radiating from his larger body.

"Very well done," she said happily, tail curling around her toes. Ah...it was already so much better! His question made her nod. Although she wasn't from around here, she ventured in this area enough to know it like the back of her paw.

"I'm from the Sikukuu, which is about a day's journey from here to the west," she said as she snuggled into his thick mane. He had a rather nice smell to him, mixed with the cold, brisk smell of the air. "My job is to go out and invite others in to the pride, both joining and just stopping by, and this is my usual route, so I know the area fairly well. Yet in all my years traveling I've never seen you," she said, pulling back just a bit to look up at him, a curious look in her eye. "Are you from around here?"

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 pm
As the huddled together for her own warmth, Mezlijin could already tell that a difference was being made. Wing was already shivering less and less, and her breath while still foggy wasn't nearly as shaky as before. Mez's tail thumped happily along the trunk of the tree as Wing applauded his efforts and he flashed her a toothy grin.

"The Sikukuu is it? Never heard of it, but then I don't get out much either. My duties to my pride keep me rooted here for the most part. But when I do get my leisure time, I tend to stay close to home. I've never had reason not to." He shrugged off his own tendencies, not realizing just how lonely he was making himself sound. "If what you say is true, then by all means its quite strange that we have never met. Our jobs to our prides are very similar. Except unlike you, I warn people to stay away from my pride - where you invite them in." Waving a paw lightly at her, he shook his head. "There's nothing to worry about of course, we aren't a dangerous lot. More so, the sickness that lurks within our pride is dangerous to outsiders. But again, I am not a lion and neither are you - so we are quite safe from the dangers of the sickness!"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:38 pm
Wing frowned slightly as Mez told her about his pride. Warned others to stay away? What a sad thing...her ears pressed back against her head in surprise as she realized he meant there was a sickness. "I couldn't bring it to my pride even though I'm not a lion, could I?" she asked warily. "There's lions in my pride," she added, just in case he didn't reach that conclusion on his own.

She didn't fear for herself, though. Mez was very kind and she doubted he'd put her in danger if there was any risk of it. Come to mention, he seemed to be a very cuddly fellow, and she found herself slipping her paws under his to warm them up. Her ears pressed back against her head in mild embarrassment. He was very kind and there was this air about him that offered her comfort she hadn't felt in a very, very long time. Something in her chest was soothed just by his presence.

"Thank you, goddness, I didn't even say that earlier," she said with a little laugh. "For letting me borrow your fur. I must have been rattling my brain with all that shivering I was doing."

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:54 pm
Mez quickly went on the defensive when he realized he hadn't fully explained himself to his new friend. "Oh no, no you have nothing to fear in that department either. You see, the sickness my pride's lions carry is transferred by bite and transfer of blood. It isn't something one can simply catch by sniffing the air! Thankfully, otherwise I fear we would have a much bigger problem on our hands!" He chuckled to himself, feeling the cheetah slip her paws under his own. It felt oddly comforting, and his cheeks felt strangely warmer. Luckily for him, he was quite blue ... otherwise he would likely be outed for his childish blushing. "You can go back to you pride with peace of mind, knowing all will be safe there." He nodded once more, bringing his other paw to pat her free one.

Her reply caught him off guard, and his tilted head was probably show of that. But he quickly caught on. "You are most welcome Wing, don't worry about it one bit!" Faltering but for a moment, he chuckled at her comment. "I wouldn't say you rattled your brain all that much, maybe just a teeny tiny bit." Motioning with his free paw he flashed her his signature smile once more.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 pm
Wing let out a little sigh of relief as Mez comforted her. The last thing she would want to do was bring more problems home to the pride that had suffered so great a loss as of just a few months past. Many had lost their homes, if not their lives in the storm. Watching the prides lions die of some odd disease would really be the topper on the cake. But no, that wouldn't be a problem.

"Enough to make me forget my manners," she said with a tiny smile. "So, Mez...may I call you Mez? I'm sorry, nicknames fit my personality so much better even if it's not obvious. When I'm cold I tend to sort of clam up and forget myself." She shook her head. That wasn't a problem any longer as she was thawing out very nicely.

"So...you're a very charming young leopon," she said after a moment. "I do hope I'm not the only one to have met you on your journeys. It sounds like a rather nomadic life you live, wandering around and warning others to keep away."

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:35 pm
Mezlijin raised a paw and waved off her remarks of manners. He knew she was thankful for his help, and he would have none of her trying to feel sorry for herself now. She had been a very cheetah and there was nothing she could say that would change his mind! Well, short of going crazy and trying to kill him anyway. But he highly doubted she had that in her, and even if she did - he would let her try. For if she tried, she must have some serious reasons for wanting to do so.

"Manners, schmanners! They are what you make of them, and you did the best with what you were given. Not once did I ever take you for rude or ill mannered, don't be so hard on yourself, my friend." He paused momentarily as his familiar nickname his his ears, "Oh yes, by all means call me Mez! My friends all call me that, i'm quite fond of it to tell the truth." Puffing out his chest, just slightly, he winked at Wing as he listened on.

"I would not say you are the only one, but you are one of the few! You should be honored, i'm usually quite the shy creature! A few months back, I probably would have fainted had you asked me to offer you my fur." Chuckling to himself, he wasn't sure whether Wing would take him seriously or not. But it was all true, he never really was a charming fellow ... but a few short months ago he was even less so than he was today. "And what of you? I dare say someone as lovely and striking as you, should have all the company she desires as she goes about her crying duties?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Wing was quite surprised to hear of Mez's personality in the past. "You? Shy? Really?" she asked, grinning just a bit. A little breeze blew into their hideaway and she shivered, pressing herself up against the larger feline. "I never would have guessed. I'm glad you didn't turn tail and run from me when I asked...I wouldn't have been able to catch you. I was out of breath."

The question made her flush and she ducked her head, pretending to be preoccupied with shooing a little bit of dust away from her legs. "Oh...no, when I'm out doing my duties I'm quite alone. It helps spread the news of our games faster when we travel alone. But I do meet many interesting lions and cheetahs and so on," she said, finally lifting her head. "I enjoy making new friends, and haven't really been able to the past few months. There was a rather bad storm at home and...well. We've been recovering ever since. It's nice to get out and away from all that, though. Clears the mind."

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:57 pm
"Hey! Not everyone can be Mr. Personality you know!" He chirped back defensively, but still playfully. He most definitely wasn't this was back then, but still he wondered how everyone he'd met recently saw him. They all seemed so shocked to hear he was a shy individual that didn't have many friends or acquaintances back home. Was it really that hard to imagine him that way? He'd hardly ever taken notice that his personality was anything worth writing home about, but the more shocked reactions he got, the more he couldn't help but wonder. "Well in that case, i'm quite glad I didn't run either." He purred, leaning his heavier weight against the female, knowing his own body weight would provide additional warmth.

He was a bit surprised to see her duck away from him, and for a moment he wondered if he had perhaps overstepped a boundary. But then he quickly recognized the behavior as something he himself would do and he said no more. It was simple embarrassment and shyness, and just as he would not want to be called out on it, he knew she wouldn't either. And so his lips would remain sealed.

"Seems hardships are plentiful in both of our prides doesn't it?" He sighed, a frown covering his face partially before he shook it loose. Reaching his free paw around he wrapped it over Wing's shoulder, and brought her closer to himself. "In any case, i'm glad this particular crying, brought you to me."

SilverLutz

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces