techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm
Each post will have six posts in it. Three from Jack and three from Kauta.

User Image
Posts in this color | Teepee

User Image
Posts in this color | Teepee

[size=10][color=#002147]Kauta[/color]

------------

[color=mediumorchid]Jack[/color]

------------

[color=#002147]Kauta[/color]

------------

[color=mediumorchid]Jack[/color]

------------

[color=#002147]Kauta[/color]

------------

[color=mediumorchid]Jack[/color][/size]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:21 pm
The thing about dancing is... Well, there's no one thing about dancing. Not for Kauta. For him, when he gets a song in his head and heart, there's not much that can stop him from acting on it. Sometimes he puts on large, elaborate performances for the Traders, and is tipped in bells and coins alike - scarves and jewelry and any goods to further his profession. Other times, when the pitter patter of rain hitting sand is just right, he dances without backup.

This particular day, as the evening hours neared and the flow of trade at this particular oasis outpost slowed, the only incentive he needs is the jingle of his own bells and the musical clink of coins clashing together. It's a simple tune to dance to with the added beat of his own hooves, and it doesn't take much to catch the interest of those foreign to the Amachi Traders. By the time he's neared the end of his impromptu performance, there's a small crowd of soquili and familiars alike, some even adding in their own "music" to give him a better beat.

It's a freedom, to be able to live and survive doing what he loves. And at the end of his performance, when he's out of breath and his mane is even more wild than usual, there's a small pile of tips for him to check out. He almost laughs when he approaches them, but somehow manages to hold back and instead offers his gracious patrons a most exquisite bow, dipping low to the ground and flicking his tail with a jingle of bells.

------------

It was rare for him to wander away from the security of his father's dark look, and his mothers gentle nuzzling. The outside world often found him to be... well... different, is the best word. He was outcasted most of hte time, told that he was a girl and that was that. And yes, Jack knew that physically he was female. Physically he was a mare able to bare children and weaker to those around him. But mentally... and in his heart, he was a boy. He was strong and confident, and no one could tell him different. Wanting nothing more than to prove this point to his mother and father, to show them that he was strong enough to take whatever it was they dished at him, he set off to the north to explore the lands that no one often traveled.

It was how he ended up in the deserts. Jack was confused at first, by the sands that made his hooves shift and the way he wavered slightly. It was different. Sniffing at the sand, he shook his head and continued on. For days he looked around, and wandered, met different creatures and even a snake that seemed to enjoy his company. He took the snake with him, allowing him to curl up on his neck and back and rest in his long mane. Somehow, he found his way to a traveling company. When asked what it was, many just laughed, and shook out their manes, saying that it was the Amachi Troupe; a group of artists and traders that often wandered the lands. They seemed to be in the long desert at the moment.

The sound of bells attracted his attention. Jack moved and weaved through several other creatures, careful not to step on anyone smaller than he was. He paused when he was able to see, peering curiously toward the stallion that was making a rather elaborate display of motions. Something that hsi mother often did as well. Dancing, is what she called it. And where Jack had learned some moves, his back and front leg were too weak to allow him to sustain the dancing for too long without being in pain. Wiggling his nose, he smiled, watching curiously, and when the crowds started to wander away, he remained, watching the stallion with curious, question filled eyes.

------------

Over his many years of performing, Kauta had developed a sixth sense for knowing when he was being watched. It was a unique feeling to have eyes following you so intently, and while he barely noticed it in the midst of a performance it was tragically obvious when his dance was done. For a brief while he even tried to ignore it, nosing his small collection of bells and various treasures into the safety of a scarf before bundling it up.

But when he lifted his head and caught the gaze of just who had done the staring... Well, it was hard to ignore such a pretty and unfamiliar face. Whether the soquili was a mare or stallion was ambiguous from this angle - the face and build were certainly feminine, but the bearing wasn't. And it was the uncertainty that piqued Kauta's interest more than anything. The play between two worlds, the dancing on the fine line between, all of these things appealed to his capricious nature.

So he approached them, tucking his bundle of tips into the safety of the scarf around his neck. His footing on the sand was sure, and as he neared he caught a distinctly feminine scent on the desert winds - a mare in body, then. But were they a mare in mind as well? That was the real question.

"Can I help you, Miss?"

------------

Jack watched him with curious eyes, admiring the forms of the falling blue silks and the gentle bells that jingled with each shift of his mane and tail. Every movement, honestly, was a noise that made his ears perk and a smile shift onto his features. For a moment, he felt ignored, and tried his best not to feel as though he should make a noise. Perhaps the stallion needed a moment to relax before taking on the company of others. Jack was certain that had to be it. If he had done such a thing, he would surely wish to rest before going out and doing something to exert even more energy than needed. His white ears perked up though, when the stallion finally did look at him. His features, in general, were breath taking, and Jack had to shift his stance some to make sure he kept himself in a proper form.

But then the words hit him, and an almost irritated, yet sad shifted over his form. He grit his jaw for a moment, his tail giving a half flick, showing his annoyance, before he breathed out a sigh. Another person he would have to explain to, in hopes that they would not turn him down and beat into him with harsh words. With a shift of his stance, the being tilted his head to the side, and stared toward the sands for a moment. His voice, though higher pitch, was a little lower, almost uncertain as to what gender it should belong too. But when he spoke, it was with confidence that almost no other creature would be able to fight with.

"Not miss. Sir, if you please. I'm a boy." He stated matter-of-factly, turning his golden eyes toward the creature in front of him once more. He peered at him with a face that did not dare to allow argument, but at the same time, he was ready to defend himself to the death, if he must. His muscles gave a small quiver as a bit of adrenaline rushed through his form, as if preparing himself for such a fight. Though, he hoped it would not come to that.

------------

The reaction didn't go entirely unnoticed by Kauta. The tension in the jaw, the annoyed flick of the tail, and most magnificently the fire in the eyes... It was enough to make a grin stretch across his lips, and mischief dance in his own honeyed amber eyes. Fire was something he could work with, passion and heat weren't necessarily in short supply in the desert, but it was always a good thing to find in a person.

"Sir, then. You'll have to forgive me. You're very androgynous." His own words were not unkind, even if the humor in his eyes might have led one to believe otherwise. He had certainly not been raised to judge one on matters like this, no matter how common or uncommon it might be. The freedom to be whoever you wanted was something he valued, and he wasn't about to make another feel they didn't have the ability to be as free as himself.

But even with the gender of the sightly soquili before him cleared up, his question had been left unanswered. So he inclined his head slightly, dipping just enough that he could see the other eye to eye, and raised a curious brow. "But I'm afraid that doesn't answer me. Was there anything I could help you this? I may be a dancer by trade, but the Amachi are still my people. I could point you in the right direction, if you need one at all."

------------

For a moment, Jack figured that the stallion would just laugh at him and send him on his way. But it wasn't so. There was a look about him, something of a recognition that Jack didn't often see. His eyes flickered for a moment, not quiet in a way that made him appear scared, but in observation of the world around him. He shifted some, his tail flicking behind him; perhaps a nervous tick. He shifted slightly, taking a small step forward. When the other demanded forgiveness, and mentioned his form, Jack seemed to almost look back at himself. He was a boy, even if his appearance was more feminine. He didn't care what other people thought of him; he was very sure of himself, and that was that. Letting a half smile flicker over his features, he nodded curtly.

"You're forgiven. And I know. My mother often said that about me as well. Seems it's a sort of... way that I carry myself." He stated, voice almost drifting off in his thoughts. He glanced back toward him, staring for a moment, before dancing lightly on her feet, shifting from one side to the other as if he was rather excited. He peered toward the taller stallion, watching as he lowered his head to where they were eye to eye. Leaning his head back some, he snorted lightly, nostrils flaring for a moment, before shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't really need directing anywhere.." He murmured, looking around once more. The long hair shifted with each small shift of movement; sometimes it rested over his shoulders, others it seemed to fall down to one side, leaving his neck bare to see. "I'm just traveling; seeing the world, ya know? My father mentioned his travels as I grew up, and I got curious. What is this place?" He asked, looking around with curiosity once more entering his fiery eyes.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:14 pm
Each small movement was something Kauta took in, the nervous twitches and the unconscious little shifts of stance. There were many things you could learn just from observing, and of those things one of them was when someone was very obviously not native to the desert. It wasn't as though he didn't already know - the stallion wasn't one he recognized as being from the Amachi and he hadn't seen him pass through before - but the little things made it that much more apparent. And the question that followed only solidified his assessment.

"This-" He motioned with his head to the sands that surrounded them, the soquili crowded around exchanging goods in the safety of the oasis and the general bustle. "-Is one of a few scattered oasis trading posts in the Uunule Noyi Desert. It's mostly frequented by the Amachi Traders and other members of the Badieh Badawie. It's mostly a place of business, a safe haven for us desert nomads to exchange goods and services. But it's certainly a good place for tourists unfamiliar with the harsher climate of the desert. Much more water here than out in the desert proper."

He nodded his head firmly, bangs shifting into his eyes and the coins and bells of his hair decorations jingling from the movement. It was a good explanation, he thought. But then again he wasn't normally the one introducing outsiders to their culture, so he supposed it was entirely possible he'd done a downright dreadful job. It was always so hard to tell when you didn't have a reference point for that sort of thing. And as his thoughts wandered, another one occurred to him with a sudden start. He hadn't introduced himself!

"Ah, I'm Kauta Amachi, by the way. A pleasure to meet you."

------------

Jack didn't seem to have a problem with how the stallion was working. He blinked, looking around for a moment, before his tail flicked lightly. He looked around, peering from one person to another, as if observing everythign that anyone was doing. At one point, he noted some foals running around as if they were native to the desert sands. The thought made him cringe. He didn't know what they ate, or how they survived the heat. After a moment, he smiled though. They were obviously doing it very well, so why should he worry. Laughing some, he turned his eyes back toward the stallion, staring at him with a sort of wonder to his features.

"Oh... That's interesting. Father mentioned a group in the desert that helped him once, didn't give them a name though. Maybe it was you guys. I've never been out this far before. For the first couple moons I stayed close to the mountains. But I got bold this morning. I'm honestly glad I ran into you all." he paused, shifting his hoof to kick up some of the sands, as though embarrassed by the thought. "I was getting rather thirsty. It was a lot hotter than I thought it would be." He said, voice lowered slightly. Shifting some, he peered toward the stallion once more, bangs shifting into his face some. He muscles around his front limb quivered for a moment, before stilling.

When the handsome stallion mentioned his name, Kauta ( something he assumed would roll so slowly and velvety off the tongue ), he realized he hadn't introduced himself either. He was certain a small bit of color and heat had entered his cheeks and ears at that, and shifted on his hooves once more, his back one sinking into the sand. "Oh, my apologies. I should have introduced myself as well.. I am Jack. Just, Jack. No last name." He said, smiling gently toward him. He inclined his head politely, eyes closing. "The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Kauta."

------------

"No need to get all formal on me," Kauta teased lightly, leaning forward to bump his nose against Jack's shoulder. He hardly saw himself as anyone to be called "Mister" at this point in his life, and the use of the formality had his ears flicking in a subtle display of discomfort. But just as quickly he was sidetracked from that thought, especially as the other stallion continued and he noticed the slight quiver in his front legs. Weakness in the muscles, or dehydration?

It he'd really been traveling that long, he likely needed to drink more than he thought he did. And given his lack of familiarity with the desert...

Kauta nodded to himself and turned rather expertly in the sands, kicking up a small cloud of dust as he set off in the direction of the nearest watering hole. He continued on for a moment before turning to send Jack an expectant look. And only after the other came to the realization that Kauta wanted him to follow did he continue on, weaving expertly through the groups of soquili before finally emerging at the watering hole. And even if Jack wasn't thirsty, he could definitely use a drink after that performance. So he took a long draft of water, quenching his thirst before he finally turned back to his new companion.

"The desert is very tricky. If your estimate of how long you'll be traveling is off even the slightest, you might not make it to the other side." There was an edge to his voice that hadn't been there before, a seriousness that wasn't all typical of his normally light persona. Even taking into account how quickly his moods could change, the shift was rather startling. "If you plan on being out here for a long time, I'd recommend getting some head scarves. They'll protect your face from the sand, and in worst case scenarios can help you be visible from a distance."

------------

The stallion shifted somewhat, his head tilting to the side. Jack stared toward Kauta, before he perked his ears up, and smiled almost sheepishly. "Sorry, that was my mothers side coming out." He said, voice lowering some. He laughed a bit, before shifting some on his hooves and looked toward him for a moment. He tilted his head, before grinning in an almost mischievous manner. "You do seem to be older than me though. But you don't look too bad, old man." He said teasingly. When the stallion started to wander, Jack was right at his hooves.

Though he didn't know much about Kauta, he figured he would survive better by following him. He walked carefully, his tail giving a small flick. Every so often, he would dodge around another horse, murmuring an apology when he nearly bumped them. He danced on his hooves every now and then easily dodging people with moves that he learned from his father. Though at times he slid a bit in the sands. He wasn't shocked that Kauta was more easily able to move through the sands. He was raised on them. Peering up toward the blond stallion, he paused by the water, lowering his head to sniff at the crystal clear liquid. After a moments pause, he lapped at it, his body quivering a bit more after a moment, before settling down. He wasn't used to walking that much without a rest, nor water. He usually stayed closed to grasslands. And, as things worked out, his muscles in the weakened limbs were growing weaker. He refused to let that part of him show though.

When Kauta spoke, Jack lifted his ears. He looked up from the water, staring toward him with sharp eyes. As he spoke, Jack lifted his head to his full height, and nodded lightly. That makes sense... It meant that he would survive longer. Though after seeing such a troupe, he was curious as to if he would be able to make it alone. He peered around for a moment, pursing his lips, and flicking his tail some, before he glanced over toward Kauta once more. "I don't know if I have anything of value though... I have no money or bells, which seems to be something your people enjoy." He commented, leaning to nudge at one of the bells to make it let out it's gentle song.

------------

"Bells aren't just decorations for us - they're actually our main form of currency," Kauta explain after a moment's pause, laughing softly when Jack nudged at one of his own. He didn't wear much of his own personal wealth - he found that the song of too many bells often distracted from the music he danced with, unlike the jingle of rustling coins. But he was fairly well off.

He had enough wealth to comfortably support himself and enough left over to likely support a mate and a couple foals as well, when life decided to grace him with the right ones. He just didn't typically advertise it. But when it came to things of value Jack might possibly own... His jewelry could probably be traded well to the right person, but Kauta didn't think asking him to part with it for a head scarf he might not have need of for very long was very practical.

He hummed in thought for a moment, regarding Jack from the corner of his eye. The stallion hadn't indicated that he wanted to leave the desert anytime soon, and it would be a shame for him to cause himself any more misery because he didn't have the protection he needed. And he was in a position to help Jack, if he'd accept it... A moment more had him nodding to himself resolutely. Right! This was definitely the right thing to do!

"I'll tell you what. If you think you'll be sticking around for a while longer and promise me you won't go and get yourself skilled, I'll get you some scarves."

------------

Jack blinked toward the stallion for several moments, his bright gold eyes flickering over his features. He liked that laugh. It was nice sounding; much like the bells. His tail flicked for a moment, before he shifted some and glanced around his area. The water was so clear, and the trees around the oasis were very lush. The foals and adults of the herd, if she could call them that, were so lovely to watch. They interacted with such a manner that it made Jack smile. He flicked his tail once more, before his eyes flickered back to Kauta, staring up at the stallion.

Somehow, Jack found himself staring often, for some reason. Perhaps it was because this creature was so different from his brother and father; the only other two males he knew. But, that was another matter completely. He perked his ears at the noise of the hum, observing him in a curious manner. What was it he was thinking? Tilting his head, Jack blinked owl-like eyes up toward him.

The mention of getting scarves bought for him made Jack's ears snap up. He blinked several moments, before shaking his head some, an almost slack jaw look to his features. He had never been bought anything in his life. All the adornments on his body were things found and fangs and beasts killed to protect his family. Nothing was bought or traded for. He shifted slightly, heat raising up into his face. "Um... I... I couldn't ask you to do that, Kauta! They must be expensive, for such a lovely and needed object..." He said, ears flicking back slightly as if uncertain of what was going on. He didn't want to hinder Kauta's lifestyle for this kinda of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:58 pm
If there were anything Kauta could say in that moment, it was that he found Jack's utter shock at his offer completely and perfectly endearing. The sight of him gaping rather inelegantly was rather adorable after all, and while Kauta gave him the opportunity to protest his firm stance and amused expression made it all too clear that his mind was perfectly made up. He was in a position to help Jack, and he wasn't about to be dissuaded.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing you aren't asking, isn't it?" His tone was teasing, and he leaned forward to playfully nose at Jack's shoulder, bumping against the string of beads draped there. "I'd much rather have to perform a few extra times this month than have you barter these off - or worse, go without the protection."

Not that he'd really need to make the extra performances at all to continue living the same lifestyle, but there was a reason he didn't flaunt his own wealth. It was a personal matter, and he preferred it to remain that way. So he'd let Jack thing whatever he wanted, and give his shoulder a firm nudge back in the direction of the trading hub once he'd had his fill to drink. "We can go pick something out now! I have more than enough on me to cover the cost of a set of scarves."

------------

Jack couldn't help the shock. His eyes were probably as big as the moon, his ears pinned back in a sort of embarrassment, maybe, or was it uncertainty? His mouth was still open, and when it wasn't, it was fumbling for something to say. He didn't know much about currency and shifting of objects and trading and all that, but he figured it had to be worth so much! There was no way something so lovely wasn't. He shifted on his hooves, doing that nervous dance once more, before pausing when Kauta spoke.

The teasing made him huff in defiance. He didn't care that he was being teased; he was teased all the time by his brother. But this teasing... there was something different to it. And he kind of liked it. Shaking out his mane some, he paused when he felt the warm nose touch his shoulder, brushing against the beads that draped over his body. "Well... can I at least help somehow? My mom taught me a few dances, and I may be able to um... if you don't mind... join you in a dance to earn a few extra bells." He said, voice gentle, nervous.

The second nudge got him moving though. Jack practically stumbled forward, toward the trading centers, and his tail flicked some as he moved toward them. He seemed to be getting more and more nervous. He drew his lower lip between his teeth for a moment, before releasing it. What if he picked the wrong ones? What if he did something wrong? What if it didn't look good on him? He shifted some, before peering over his shoulder toward Kauta. "Are you sure?" He asked, voice uncertain still.

------------

Once Kauta was certain Jack had fallen into step with him again, he started a steady pace towards his favorite scarf maker. The offer to work to help him in exchange caught Kauta by surprise, and his head snapped in the other stallion's direction, ears perked forward and eyes widened just the slightest bit. It wasn't often he got offers to repay him in such ways, and it was an offer he had to consider very carefully.

"Maybe not dancing... Not yet, at least. As much as I'd love to dance with a partner, I wouldn't want you hurting yourself while you're still not used to the way the sand shifts under your hooves," Kauta said carefully, regarding Jack thoughtfully. There was also the matter of the earlier limb weakness to consider. He didn't know yet if that was a regular thing, and if it was it could mean the other stallion could seriously injure himself during some of Kauta's routines... "But if you have a good ear for a beat, I'm sure some of the musicians who accompany my performances would welcome some extra help."

It felt like a reasonable compromise to him. Jack could still help, if he really meant his offer, and the risk of him getting injured was minimal at best. Even the idea of the petite stallion hurting himself made Kauta want to wince, and he could only imagine how much worse it would be once he got to know him even better.

------------

Jack walked along side him easily. The look that Kauta sent him seemed to almost make Jack pause. He blinked toward the stallion, and couldn't help but snicker. It seemed that this was the same expression that Jack had had moments ago. So now he knew just how silly he looked. He tilted his head, smiling quite easily, before a small frown shifted over his features. Not dancing?

But the other seemed to enjoy it so much...

Jack flicked an ear some, watching him for a few moments, before nodding his head.That seemed to be a good point. He wouldn't be able to last long in the sands if he fell constantly. He shifted some, before smiling a bit, and nodded his head once more. "Yea! That sounds like a good idea. I don't know how well I'll manage, but I'll do my best." He stated, nodding his head curtly, before he shifted some and walked with him. His tail flicked once more, before he looked around.

Everything was so different... It was so bright, and colorful. Shades of reds and blues and greens. Gold coins and bells, and threads with great bold patterns. He smiled though. It was so happy and colorful. He was drawn to random places, often times leaving Nauta's side for a few seconds, before quickly moving back, and looking around all the more.

------------

Kauta couldn't help but smile at Jack's continued enthusiasm, and he waited patiently each time the stallion left his side to look at something that had caught his eye. It may have lengthened their journey to get Jack's scarves, but that was hardly something to fret over too much. Kauta would much rather let Jack take the unique liveliness of the trading post in on his own time rather than rush him through on some errand. And it gave him time to think of precisely what he was going to look for.

When he was in front of the proper stall at last he knew just what he was looking for. It took a little bit of digging before he finally found the perfect pair of scarves, and he handed over the bells they cost to the trader before returning to Jack's side. They were a matching pair, a pastel cyan-blue in color with deep magenta dips on either end. The first of them was long and thin, and Kauta rather expertly tossed it over Jack's head, wrapping it just right so the length would fan out in the desert air behind Jack when he ran. The second scarf wasn't quite as long, but it was wide and thick and looped once around his neck with the ends dangling low against his shoulders.

"There. Perfect." Kauta grinned and nodded to himself as he took in the sight, holding his head proudly at just how perfectly his choices complimented Jack's coloring. "Now, when the sand starts to kick up your eyes are already shielded. If you need to shield your nose and mouth, you can just dip your head into the scarf around your neck to pull it up."

------------

Jack glanced toward him every time he wandered off. He would smile, toss his hair, and look back forward to stare at some of the wares. At one point, he found himself rather curious of some form of cloak, but knew that he didn't want to actually wear it. It seemed so heavy. He shook his head, before turning and walking back to Kauta, his tail flicking as he wandered forward alongside him, his bright eyes still in full amazement of the world around him.

Jack didn't even pay much attention to what was going on between the two horses. He blinked, tilting his head as he watched Kauta look at the wares. He tilted his head, taking a half step forward in a curious manner, before he stepped back in a near fear. When the silk was pulled out, Jack looked at them fully curious. He tilted his head, before freezing. He didn't want to move when Kata was draping things over his body. At one point, his ear flicked some, before they perked up. He looked at him with a curious stare, before turning and bolting for the waters.

Somehow, Jack was able to weave through the crowds. His hooves seemed to skip over the sands completely. The scarves billowed some behind him. He skid to a halt by the waters edge, his hooves touching intot he cool liquid, wetting the fur around them. He peered down at himself in the water, tilting his head this way and that, before smiling some and turned around to look for Kauta, his eyes searching for the stallion in anticipation.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:10 pm
At first, Kauta is startled when Jack suddenly flees from him. For an excruciatingly long moment he stood in front of the merchant's stall, wondering if he'd done something horribly wrong. Had he insulted the other stallion, or worse had he somehow frightened him?

It wasn't until another soquili bumped into him that he finally shook himself free of the rather sudden and unanticipated blinding terror of having done something wrong. Putting one hoof in front of the other took more effort than he cared to admit, and ginding the courage to follow after Jack felt like facing a Skinwalker all of a sudden. (Ridiculous. Unthinkable. Gut-wrenchingly difficult and horrifying.)

By the time his hooves had carried him back to edge of the watering hole, where Jack was admiring his new reflection, he'd nearly worked himself into a small fit. But the sight of the other stallion calmed his frazzled nerves. He didn't appear frightened or upset at all - rather he just looked eager to check out how the scarves looked on him. Kauta sighed, releasing the tension that had built up on his walk over, before lifting his head high and approaching Jack with a smile.

"See? Now you look like a real desert nomad."

------------

Jack smiled at himself. He turned and peered and tilted his head this way and that. When he heard footsteps behind him, he turned his neck to peer over his shoulder. Jack smiled; a bright, truly happy smile. He turned and walked carefully out of the water, shaking out his hooves lightly before trotting to stand before Kauta. He was taller, and Jack had to tilt his head up some, but he liked it. Flicking his tail, he leaned his head up to gently nuzzle Kauta's jawline, and took a step back. "Thank you... Really, thank you! I will repay you, promise!" He said, smiling, before turning back to the water.

He pranced back over, admiring himself and the way the blues and purples seemed to bring out colors in his coat. Jack almost laughed, shaking out his mane some, which caused the fabric to dance along his neck and back. He turned his eyes back to Kauta, then once more to the reflection, heat pooling in his face again. Leaning, he took a slow drink of water, before walking back over to his side, peering around the camp of horses and let his eyes flick with interest and joy.

------------

Kauta would likely never admit it out loud, but Jack's enthusiasm... His pure, undeniable joy... That was all the repayment he really needed. He'd helped him, and it was entirely possible he'd done so in ways he wouldn't realize for a long time. Just that was enough for him to feel content with his choice, but the sight of Jack prancing through the water without a care in the world? Well, that was something he'd like to see more of.

So he accepted the nuzzle, maybe even tentatively returned it after a moment's hesitation. They'd just met, but there was a spark there, something alive and unmistakable that buzzed between them. He didn't dare put a name to it prematurely, didn't hope to call it anything more without solid evidence that it wasn't just friendship. But he thought, even if it was just friendship he could be happy. Spirits, he could be extremely happy.

While Jack didn't laugh, Kauta did when he finally returned to his side, a low chuckle filled with affection as he leaned down to touch his nose to the fabric of the stallion's new head scarf. "If you think you're done prancing around, how would you like me to show you around a bit?"

------------

Jack wasn't sure what it was, but he hadn't been this happy in... well... god it felt like forever. Every time he thought about it, it was back when he was a foal, and finally heard his dad cal him son. Or when his mom took him out to catch bugs. It was fun! And now that he thought about it, it was a good moment. This was up there. Top three, for sure. He flicked his tail some, peering up at Kauta for a few moments, before smiling gently, his eyes lowering to the ground. He shifted some, bumping against Kauta on "accident" before taking a few steps forward.

Shown around? That sounded fun! "Yea... Yes please!" He said, looking up toward Kauta with bright eyes. He practically wagged his tail ( which honestly reminded him of his brother, Alder, who had a wolf tail.... Which was weird, cause mom and dad didn't... but oh well ). He took a half step forward, peering around for a moment, before looking back toward Kauta and smiled once more, eyes sparking with interest and curiosity once more. He couldn't wait to see more of this place... this wonderful, wonderful place.

Maybe he could call it home someday... The thought made him smile, and Jack had to turn his eyes away from Kauta in favor of staring at all the other Soquili that so happily lived here.

------------

- End of part one -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am
The morning was slowly starting to come upon them. The desert sun was so bright that it easily woke Jack up as soon as it peeked over the sands. The stallion let out a small groan, shifting some in the small bed he had made himself. He blinked sleepy bright eyes around the area, before lifting his head slowly. So it was time to wake up then. Yawning, a rather adorable one, he pulled himself up and shook out his body, sand falling from his fur, mane, and tail. The scarves that the lovely man had given him made him smile, and shift lightly. He almost blushed. Almost.

Laughing some, Jack wandered away from his sleeping spot. It'd been a week. He'd been with the Amachi clan for a week, and was enjoying every second. He even had been training with a dancer, strengthening his legs. At one point someone had given him a bell for his efforts, and he instantly took it to Kauta, rather proud of himself. Flicking his tail, he wandered slowly over toward the small clear water hole, lowering his head to lap at the water. After a moment, he shrugged off the scarves, and wandered into the water. She smiled some, going in until the water was just under the top of his back. He laughed some, almost purring at the feel. "God this is good...."

------------

Mornings were always interesting in the desert. Sure, there was the peaceful period when the inhabitants of the clan were still waking up, that early morning laziness still in their bones as they stretched and got their first drink of water. Kauta was familiar with early desert mornings, the stretch of his own muscles and the morning light peaking over the horizon.

But he took his time with waking up, slipping on scarves and jewelry and tucking away whatever funds he thought he'd need for the day. By the time he was making his way to the watering hole, the bustle of the day began - everyone trying to do their business early to beat the heat of midday. Some were better at it than others, of course. He timed his own performances carefully and didn't much worry about when he got his own errands done.

Of course, his timing had been just the slightest bit off over the past week. Since Jack had begun to stay with the clan, he'd found himself needing to make time for the stallion quite often. It required an adjustment period, he was already accustomed to making time for his parents but for anyone extra it was... Unusual. And surprisingly welcome.

It was something that left him smiling, and it wasn't much longer before he was at the water's edge. He almost shook his head at the sight that greeted him. "Look what you've done. Now the water's going to be full of sand!"

------------

Jack smiled. He laughed slightly in the water, lapping at it a bit before dipping his head under and than back up, his mane now soaking wet. He shook his head some, water droples falling off him. After a few moments, he heard a voice, and turned his head to stare toward Kauta. He always looked so fresh in the morning. Awake and not tired at all... Course he did just wake up. It made full sense. Turning slowly in the water, he waded toward the sands, shaking out his fur once more; though this time it was to get the water from his back and mane. His bright eyes locked, staring up at Kauta. "Nu uh. I shook off before hand. And there was already sand in the water... Plus, it'll all fall to the bottom. No worries there!"

He watched Kauta for a moment, before realized he was staring, and quickly looked away. His tail gave a small flick, a nervous habbit, before he turned. He needed to stop doing that. Shaking his head, the stallion walked quietly away from the water, peering at the different people wandering around. "Do you think that I'm strong enough to dance with you yet? Even if it's not preforming? Just like... a dance?" He asked, turning his head to stare toward Kauta again, watching him. He wanted to very badly.

------------

"Nope, you've gone and soiled it. Now we're going to have to find a new place to drink," Kauta replied as seriously as he could, his brow creasing and eyes narrowing slightly. After a long moment holding the stern expression he broke, chuckling softly and shaking his head. He leaned down to get his own morning drink, listening to Jack with one ear. He was rather keenly aware of the other stallion's staring, but he didn't particularly mind it. It was something he'd mostly gotten used to.

He lifted his head just as Jack began to move away, turning to regard him. The question made him hum softly, considering it. The other's strength had only ever had so much to do with his dancing ability - sure, it took stamina to keep up with as many shows as Kauta did - but the biggest issue had always been footing. "I did hear you were doing very well in your lessons, but it wasn't your strength I was worried about... But if you really want to, I might have an idea."

------------

The stallion smiled toward him, tail flicking. The sterness had honestly scared teh crap out of him for a moment. He was worried that he'd be in trouble. He glanced at the water for a moment, before his eyes refocused on Kauta. It was then that he heard the chuckle, his ears perking. "Jerk." He said teasingly, before dancing slightly on the sands. He was still getting his footing, but he liked it at the same time. He walked quietly over toward Kauta again, his eyes flickering up toward him, before he shifted a bit and smiled. "Yea. I'm getting better! Someone even gave me a bell the other day, remember? It's in our um.. I mean... In your sleeping area." He said, shuffling some sand on his hoof.

After a moment, his ears perked again. What? An idea? Jack smiled happily as he took a steap forward, his muscles quivering in excitement. "What idea? Tell me?" He asked, his voice practically quivering from the anticipation. he took another step forward, deep purple hair falling into his face again.

------------

"The biggest," Kauta countered, flashing Jack a teasing grin and stepping closer to the edge of the water. Since the stallion had already displayed a willingness to jump right into the water... "Well, if you're not going to rest until you dance with me, we could do it in there."

He nodded his head towards the water, where it glittered perfectly innocently in the morning light. It was a good solution. Even if Jack lost his footing while they danced, he wouldn't fall hard and injure himself - and treading water could help build his muscle strength up even faster. They may not have been able to do any particularly elaborate because of the resistance, but a dance was a dance. And Kauta had a feeling Jack would badger him to the ends of the earth until he relented. Not that he particularly minded being badgered by such a handsome stallion for a dance.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am
Jack practically beamed up at Kauta, confused and yet curious. He looked up toward the stallion, his tail flicking lightly behind him, before he danced forward on his hooves toward the waters edge to stand next to the other stallion. His long hair fell into his face, and his muscles quivered with excitement. What was his idea? What, what, what?

The water? Jack eyed the ripples and clearness, before shifting curiously. He stepped forward again, one hoof partially in the surface, before a smile broke out over his features again. He looked toward Kauta, his eyes bright, before nodding his head. "Yea! Let's do it." He said, giggling a bit at the end. He shifted and trotted into the water, until it touched at his belly and chest. He liked the water. It was cool, and felt good in the desert heat.

------------

Kauta chuckled softly and began wading into the water after Jack, the hair of his tail beginning to float in it the further in he went. He didn't take long to pass the other stallion, treading until the pond just brushed against his chest and the very end of his mane. After a moment he turned to regard Jack, shifting his hooves in the sandy bedding of the water. "Well, come on. Get over here and let's figure out what we're going to be dancing to!"

------------

Jack grinned, far too excited to really care about anything else. He shook out his fur some, letting his mane flop into his face, before he trotted forward. He had to struggle with the water. Where it was on Kauta's chest, it hit higher on Jack. The water touched almost to his shoulder. He looked up at Kauta, smiling happily, his tail flicking as best it could in the water, before he reared up slightly. He kicked his hooves into the air, before landing once more, obviously very excited. "Yea! Um... What about your little raccoon friend? Could she play some music for us?" He asked, searching the bank for the critter.

------------

There was a brief moment where Kauta considered whether or not Jack would have any trouble this deep - but he shook it off just as quickly. If it was too much, he trusted the other stallion to speak up. And even if he didn't, he'd become more aware of his limits through their time together. The question made him perk his ears however, and he turned back towards the edge of the water to point to where Sadakat had come to wash her hands. "I think she'd be more than willing, would you Sadakat?"

The raccoon perked her ears up and offered kauta and Jack a bright smile. "Of course! I'll just have to run to get my tambourine real quick. Think you boys can wait that long?"

------------

Jack nibbled at his lip, as best he could, dancing on his hooves. He smiled toward the raccoon, holding back a giggle. She was so cute. Jack nodded lightly toward her. "Of course~ We'll wait here for you. It wouldn't be as fun without some music from our favorite little friend." He said, tail flicking lightly. He glanced back up toward Kauta, smiling at him lightly, before letting his hooves adjust to the sandy water bed. He would have to adjust to the resistance the water caused, but it didn't seem like such a bad thing!

-----------

"Then I'll be back in a jiff! You two lovebirds better not go anywhere!" Sadakat sing-songed before scampering off towards where she lived with Kauta.

Kauta bobbed his head as the raccoon disappeared into the distance, only to freeze momentarily when exactly what she had said registered. Lovebirds? For a long moment, all he could do was stare blankly after her. Sure, he had... Well, he'd certainly felt like there was a spark between him and Jack. But lovebirds? He hadn't even really tried flirting with him yet. Well, unless you counted the dance thing that was about to happen... But he hardly thought that bumped them up to lovebirds!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 am
Jack was very much so ready to just start right now. He smiled, moving a little deeper in the water curiously, before words hit his ears. Jack froze, his ears snapping up, eyes widening for a moment. His heart skipped a beat, and his body holding completely still. Lovebirds.... He had heard right... right? Right... The stallion tilted his head slowly back toward where the raccoon had scampered off to, before looking over toward Kauta with nervous eyes.

What if this caused a drift? What if... He gulped, before laughing nervously, shaking his head and turned back toward Kauta. "Hah... heh... What um... What a silly... thing to say." He murmured, looking up almost shyly toward Kauta. He was usually rather confident, but he had taken a fancy to Kauta, and despite not being in love, he did like Kauta. A lot. And he couldn't help but feel as though when he was around the other stallion, it made his heart skip, and his muscles quiver... He shook his head again, before smiling gently toward Kauta.

------------

There was a brief moment where Kauta wasn't sure exactly what to say to Jack next. He shifted on his hooves, flicking his tail in the water and jingling slightly as the fabric of his scarves shifted with him. But after the other stallion spoke up he turned back towards him, flicking his ears forward and lowering his head to get closer to eye level. "Well, I don't know... I think lovebirds might be a bit premature. But..." He drifted off, doing his best to heavily imply the rest with his body language. Not unfounded.

He was definitely attracted to Jack. But he hadn't really known him long enough to consider anything too serious. And besides that, he was a lot more concerned right now with seeing how the other stallion continued to adjust to life among the Amachi. If he wasn't comfortable, was there really any reason to further complicate things by admitting his attraction?

------------

Jack blinked slightly. He flicked his ears some, rather nervous. His heart continued to beat uneasily, one skip one two sip, one skip, one two three, skip. He gulped, shaking his head some and took a deep breath, trying to calm down. He had to get his heart back on track. Had to calm himself down. He glanced up slowly, when Kauta talked. His eyes locked on the stallion, uncertain and confused. Shifting slightly, he took a half step back. He stared rather curiously, not understanding. Did he... Was he...

Jack didn't want to jump to conclusions. He didn't want to assume he understood. He gulped, before lifting his head some, his hair falling away from his face from the angle. He tilted his head curiously to the side, the slight anxiety and uncertainty easily seen on his features. "Um... But... But what?" He asked, voice seeming disitant. Somehow his ears seemed to be filled with white noise, and it was kind of concerning, but at the same time...

------------

Kauta spent a long time weighing his words while Jack remained silent. He wasn't sure how he could put this just right, and by the time he was prompted to continue he thought he'd figured out the best way to say it. So he allowed Jack to put that small measure of distance between them, a half step to give him room to breathe more than anything else. He didn't try to close it - not yet, anyhow. "But maybe it won't be, in the future?"

It was as close to a confession as he felt he was able to get right now. And he could say he was immensely relieved when he spotted Sadakat on her way back, her tambourine clutched in her hands as she trotted across the sands. It wasn't exactly the most graceful run, but the interruption provided by the jingle of her bells and instrument alike was certainly a welcome distraction at this point.

------------

Jack watched him very uncertainly. He tilted his head slowly to the side, watching him with almost scared eyes. He gulped, tail flicking, ears pinning back a bit. He didn't know what to do now... What to say. He was scared, and this wait... the wait for Kauta to talk... It was almost as bad as waiting to be old enough to explore on his own. Which was a very long wait. His hooves shifted slightly in the sands under him, his eyes flickering toward the water. What if he wanted Jack to leave? What if... Shaking his head again, which he seemed to be doing a lot, Jack lifted his eyes up toward Kauta. He stared at the stallion, and gulped, uncertain and scared. Confused...

And when Kauta spoke, Jack's heart seemed to skip again. He took a deep breath, before letting it out rather shakingly. He... He thought they had a future? That they may become more than just... just.. whatever they were now... Jack blinked uncertainly, before looking up once more at Kauta. He was about to speak again, before he heard the small noises of the raccoon returning. Turning his head, he blinked at Sadakat and almost sighed. Why couldn't she have just waited a little longer before returning? Lowering his head some, the stallion nodded, before taking a step back once more. "We... can talk about it later?" He asked, lifting his eyes back up to Kauta.

------------

Kauta nodded his head slightly at Jack's question, flashing him a quick smile before focusing his attention back on Sadakat. She was panting slightly, so it was fairly obvious she'd likely raced back here so she wouldn't miss anything. He wasn't sure whether he should scold her for obviously being nosey or just laugh it off. In the end, he settled on an indulgent smile. It seemed the most right in the moment.

"So, Jack! What kind of music did you want to dance to? Something lively and upbeat, or maybe something a little slower since we can't move as quick in the water?" It was a fairly easy question. Especially since Jack had heard Sadakat play music plenty of times by now. They both knew her talents and knew she could give them the perfect beat for whatever they most wanted to do.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm
Jack's ears shifted back some, and he breathed out a small sigh. He wanted to figure out what was going on... wanted to know now. And he very nearly asked the raccoon to just... leave. His tail flicked lightly, his muscles giving a soft quiver, before he looked down at the water. He had to calm down. Had to focus on... well... This. Right here. Dancing. They weren't focusing on what was the future. The dance. That's all that mattered at the moment. He took a deep breath to try and settle his racing heart, before plastering a smile on his features, and looked up lightly, eyes light.

"Well.. Uh...I don't know... What do you think, Kauta?" Jack asked, shifting on his hooves. He took a half step forward, before looking back over toward the small familiar. He tilted his head lightly as if to question what she thought as well, before looking up at Kauta once more. His ears flicking lightly back against his head, muscles giving a small quiver.

------------

Kauta breathed out a sigh when Jack finally responded, glancing over him briefly and considering the options. A quicker paced dance would be good exercise against the water's resistance - it might tire them out sooner, but it could help build stamina more. But at the same time, the option of a slower dance was... Well, it was very tempting. It would give him a chance to see just how well they meshed together in a possible more than just friends situation. And, if he were to be completely honest with himself, the opportunity was just a little too good to pass up. He nodded to himself, mind made up, and glanced back towards Sadakat. "Something slower, I think."

The raccoon offered the two of them a beaming smile before settling down by the watering hole, resting her tambourine between two fluffy legs and pattering her hands gently on the stretched skin to start off a good, steady beat. The zils set into the instrument clashed with patter of her hands, lending their sound to the music as she settled into a slowly building song.

------------

Jack blinked at Kauta, watching him with somewhat narrowed eyes. Did he have a plan? Jack tilted his head lightly, before he turned to look at Sadakat. He watched her little look of glee, frowning some, before looking back at Kauta. The other stallion seemed so... at ease. His ears flicked somewhat, before he breathed out the breath he had been holding. His eyes fluttered, before he shook out his muscles to get himself lose. He was nervous; always nervous. But, he wasn't going to let this go. He glanced up toward the stallion, and nodded his head simply.

When the music started, Jack wasn't certain what to do. He took a half step back, as though not certain. He contemplated what move to do, and after a moment, decided not to use any. Instead, he moved forward, slow and gentle, and started to walk a slow circle around the other stallion with the beat of the music. By the time he made his way all the way around and to the front of Kauta, he had worked himself up. He moved close enough to let his nose nudge against the stallion's neck, before moving away from Kauta. He reared up on his hind legs, balancing as best as he could, before doing a small spin, and landed back down in the water. He faced Kauta, eyes locked on the other stallion, as if daring him to make a move that could show just how Jack felt.

------------

The first moves were always the most important, and Kauta couldn't help but smile when Jack made his. He'd come a long way in the time he'd been here, and his dancing was getting better and better by the day. It was enough to make him smile softly, and when the stallion landed from his rearing up he bowed towards him, lowering himself into the water and allowing his scarves to float briefly on its surface. The beat of the tambourine quickened as he stepped forward, pressing his nose to Jack's briefly before leading the other stallion into another turn.

Even if he made no indication of it, his own pulse had quickened. His heart was hammering in his chest and he had to fight down the sudden fluttery anxious feeling that filled it - silly, since he'd never been nervous while dancing before. He didn't even need to be. They had time to get this dance just right, even if he wasn't in any hurry to get anything perfect. The most important part was making sure they enjoyed themselves.

-------------------------

- End Part Two -

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces