Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 am
User Image

He'd been walking for days now, and still wasn't sure if he was on the right track. He had Mlinzi's instructions, and the directions of many friendly passersby but still he had very few landmarks to go by. None of the signs he was told to look for were there, and he was beginning to loose faith in himself as both a tracker and a friend. All he wanted to do was not let his friend down. He wanted to take care of the thing Mlinzi could not, and he knew if he returned home with his package - that Mlinzi would find some way to deliver it himself. Which was out of the question! He was a carrier, he was never to leave the pride! If anyone were to discover him missing he would be killed on sight, and being such an important member among the ranks someone would surely recognize his absence.

Mezlijin huffed to himself as he tried to look out across the horizon once again, still there was nothing there. It was mostly flat terrain, a few trees, a rock here or there. Nothing that really screamed territory. Definitely no strong scents, and that in itself was really discouraging. A frown covered the furry leapon's face and he shrugged a bit to pull his satchel closer to his chest. That satchel held precious cargo and he wasn't about to lose it for anything!

Furrowing his brow, and tightening his posture the male pushed forward. If he wasn't near a civilization yet, that meant he would have to come across one soon. Lion's weren't one's for living close to one another, they preferred seclusion in their territory, if anything this barren space was a sign of hope.

Silverlutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 am
User Image

Shukura smiled to herself as she strolled across the rouge lands. She had spent a day or so with her new friend in a new pride, and she had had a very entertaining time. She hoped Emrys would have his spirits lifted and, with the promise to return, she had gone on her merry way. She needed to get back to her cubs, after all. It was a good thing they weren't technically cubs any longer...they were all nearly adults now, and were working hard on their padawan quests. She herself needed to as well, but it wasn't as pressing a matter to her.

She paused as an unfamiliar scent drifted her way. Turning her gaze in the direction of the wind, she spotted an odd-looking lion moving slowly across the plains. Upon further inspection she realized he wasn't a lion at all. The tail was all wrong and he was a bit too small. Curious, she headed in his direction.

"Hello," she called out after a few moments. Hopefully he'd be a friendly...whatever he was. She could see rather large lower canines jutting out from his jaw, and a shiver ran through her. He was kind of scary looking now that she was closer!

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:13 am
Her scent probably hit him a little late considering he was on an important mission, but that wasn't the matter at hand! The matter at hand was that she was here, in this barren area, greeting him? Well if that wasn't strange enough ... that scent was oddly familiar somehow. Though he knew he had never seen her before, Mezlijin was not the type to forget a face. Especially not the face of a lady!

For a moment he simply stared over her, trying to retrace his steps. To be sure he indeed hadn't forgotten a face. But no, he had most certainly never met this lioness before. He smiled to her from afar, taking steps forward, though being careful to take them slowly. He could see the slow change in her face as the two grew closer to one another and it dawned on him that she must have never met a leapon before. He chuckled to himself, any other time this would have been a fun experience, but this was official Mlinzi business! Which meant - NO FUNNY BUSINESS!

"H-Hello!" He called back, lifting a paw to wave at her politely. "I don't suppose you would know where I am would you?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 am
Shukura bit her lip as she told herself not to judge based on looks alone. After all, she had met some pretty intimidating looking creatures before and they had turned out to be perfectly fine, and some very plain looking creatures that had turned out to be terrifying. She let out a little breath and smiled, pausing a few feet from the lion...thing.

"Well...you're not too far from the Pridelands," she said helpfully. "If you continue in the direction I came from you'll be there in a few hours time. Other than that...no, I couldn't say." She bobbed her head in apology. "Other than the rouge lands but...but I think you knew that yourself," she added with a light laugh. She swallowed thickly, unable to help herself.

"I"m so sorry if this is rude but...I've never seen a lion...quite like you. You are a lion, aren't you?" She'd seen lions, leopards, cheetahs, and canines before but he didn't look like any of them.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:32 am
She may not have intended for him to notice, but he had noticed her biting her lip. He could tell she had questions, but she was holding them back. He mentally shrugged it off thought, he had no qualms with answering them should she be brave enough to ask them. He was quite proud of his blood line, and wouldn't wish to be anything other than what he was!

"The Pridelands ...."

The words brought him back to a conversation with an earlier rogue...

'If you hit the Pridelands you've gone WAAAAAAAY too far!'

"Awww man, I messed up again then!" He laughed strangely, his laugh alternating between something like a girlish giggle and a horse's neigh. "Ah yes, I did know the Rogue lands bit, but thank you for your assistance. I think I have a bit of back tracing ahead of me ... or should I say ... BEHIND me?" Again he burst into laughter at his own jokes, this time batting at the sandy ground with his paw as if begging for mercy.

He only found himself able to stop when the female spoke up once more to request something of him.

"Rude? Oh no, nothing rude about it, my lady! Well I am part lion! If that counts for your question? You see, I am half lion and half leopard. My Father was a lion and my Mother a lovely Leopardess, and my siblings and I are the end result. You may call me a leopon! Not quite a lion, but not quite a leopard - but at the same time, I am partially both!"

Again her scent filled his nostrils and he paused his silly jokes and became sincere for a moment. "Now if I may be so bold, something has been bothering since you spotted me. I'd like to ask you about it, if you wouldn't mind?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:37 am
Shukura had to smile again as the strange lion began to laugh. It was an odd laugh, but somehow contagious, and she found herself chuckling along with him at his rather awful jokes. Awful jokes were good by default, of course, and she had to lift a paw to wipe at her eyes, as they watered with mirth. She set her paw down as he went on to explain, and her ears perked up in realization.

"Oh! A leopon...that would explain it then," she said with a tiny smile. "I thought it was odd for a leopard to have a mane so I assumed you were a lion but...well...I suppose I was right on both accounts." A hybrid, then. She'd heard of them in passing, but had never seen one in person. Now she could say that she had! Wonderful.

The leopon spoke once again, and she nodded just a bit. "Of course," she said, bobbing her head once more. "I got to ask my question so it is only fair that you may ask yours." She did want to know why he was out roaming. He seemed to be looking for something...but that could wait. Maybe he was going to ask her directions to some place, perhaps the place he was looking for.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:45 am
Mezlijin nodded his head excitedly at the female, his furry mane fluffing about even more with each shake. He probably looked a hot mess right about now, but he cared not, his mane was his life! "Indeed you were! By the look on your face, I assumed you'd never met one of my kind before, I am honored to be the first leopon you've ever met!" He smiled at her once more before dipping his head politely.

The leopon nearly jumped out of his paws in excitement at her acceptance, though he wasn't sure just how long she would approve of her own acceptance once her asked the question. He himself had to admit it was kind of a creepy question to ask. So he would understand if she felt uncomfortable answering.

"Perfect! First, I must explain that i'm not doing this to startle you in any way. So if you feel in some way afraid I will back away. So forgive me ahead of time, I am but a leopon on a journey!" Again his dipped his head in respect but this time took a deep breath. "When I first caught your scent on the wind, it seemed very familiar to me, as thought i'd met you somewhere before. Though I knew that couldn't be true, and you yourself just proved to confirm that. I am only wondering, is there perhaps some other way, that we may know one another."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am
Shukura had to laugh softly as the leopon nodded in excitement. She bit her lip, but this time to try to calm her laughter than out of fear. See, she thought to herself. One couldn't judge on looks alone.

She waited for the male to ask his question, and nodded at the 'warning' of sorts. Tilting her head to the side, she listened to what he had to say carefully, her brows furrowing. She thought for quite some time, but was very, very lost as to way to say by way of an answer.

"Well...I certainly have never seen you before," she said quietly. 'And you don't seem to know this area that well so I can only assume you're not from around here. Ah...I traveled a bit when I was a bit younger, before I reached adulthood. But I only met two lions, and one wasn't very friendly at all," she said with a shake of her head, remembering the fiery lioness that had wanted to kill Mlinzi.

"My name is Shukura if that helps bring any memories about."

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:29 am
Mez listened to the female's answers intently for any sign of how he might know her. But she like him, was at a loss for how that may have been. The idea of only having met two lions .... that definitely didn't bode well for the idea of them knowing someone through mutual acquaintance. But then she spoke that one magical word. The one that sprang the leopon to life once more, and brought the fire back into his eyes.

"Shukura?

As in the Shukura he carries the beads upon her neck?"
Mlinzi had of course explained to him what her beads stood for, but his excitement had gotten the better of him once again. Glancing down he noticed she did indeed have a bead or two wrapped securely around her neck by a strand.

"You're her! What are the chance that I would find you? So far away from where I was meant to find you? IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AT THAT!"

Mezlijin was bouncing in circles, his fluffy tail quivering in excitement, flopping from let to right as he looked her over.

"But you say you've only met two lions. What are those two lions names?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am
Shukura's eyes widened in surprise at the reaction her name got from the leopon. She watched him bounce in circles, obviously excited, and she bit her lip again as he inspected her small necklace. It was rather embarrassing, considering adults usually had a few more beads on it, but that didn't seem to bother the male that much.

"Um...you were looking for me?" she asked in surprise. Who was this leopon and why was he here? "Um...what...why were you looking for me? And...well...I don't know the name of one of them. She was very unpleasant," she said with a little shake of her head.

"But the other was Pumbaa'Mlinzi, although he told me to call him Mlinzi." She hesitated, unsure if this was going to end up bringing rather unpleasant things down upon her head. She kept her jaw shut on the subject of cubs...the last thing she wanted was for them to get into any trouble because of her.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:41 am
Mezlijin paused in all of his excitement long enough to answer all of her questions in a very calm and professional manner. He didn't know much about this Shukura, just that Mlinzi was very taken by her and wanted her to know it. So he would she her the best kindnesses he could, and wouldn't act his typical self ... at least he'd try not too! It was obvious he was allowing some of himself to slip through.

Clearing his throat, he straightened himself out and sat down before her. His tail still flicking back and forth, but at a much slower rate. "That all depends on if you are the correct Shukura or not, though I have my doubts that you aren't. How many Shukura's walk around with your lovely beads?" He paused a moment, tilting her head as she spoke of a female. "Well you need not worry whoever she is, I am not here on her business, you may rest easy now." Raising his paw once more he debated tapping her on the shoulder, but refrained.

Then she spoke his name, and again his eyes lit up, and his toothy grin widened so that his adorably ferocious teeth were on full display. "Yes, yes, now you've got it! That's just who has sent me to look for you, but care to take a guess as to why?" He asked leaning his ear in curiously to hear her answer.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:46 am
As the male settled down, Shukura took a seat as well, hoping whatever he was here for wasn't very bad. She swallowed thickly as he grinned, trying not to be too intimidated by his teeth. She was sure he didn't mean any harm.

When he said he was here for Mlinzi, though, her heart beat a bit faster and her ears perked up. Perhaps he was asking for her to come and see him again? But what would she do about her cubs? Granted, they weren't really cubs anymore...they could easily take care of themselves for a while in the pride but...oh dear...

"I...I'm not sure," she said truthfully. "I know he can't really be walking around outside of his pride so..." So that's why the leopon was here. To deliver his message for him. "Oh...nothing has happened to him, has it?" she asked, suddenly worried. The colorful lion had made mention of a disease...surely he couldn't be succumbing to it?

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 am
Mezlijin could see the complete change in her once he assured her that he was there under Mlinzi's orders. It was quite apparent, that not only was Mlinzi fond of her but she was quite fond of him as well. But then, who wasn't fond of that white fluffball? He couldn't name very many, come to think of it, he couldn't name a single one! But that wasn't the point!

"You're quite right, he isn't allowed to walk outside as freely as I am. Nor would he make if it were allowed - i'm afraid you'd still be in my company regardless!" He smiled again, this time puffing out his chest slightly with pride. He quite enjoyed being Mlinzi's go to guy, it meant a lot to him that his mentor put so much faith into him.

But the pride and puffy chest soon deflated with her next question and his ears flattened against his head. He knew that day would one day come, but thankfully it was not today. "Oh no, nothing like that! Thankfully, he is alive and well. He sent me out here today to deliver something to you! Something he hired me to do with very specific care, and demanded that it be taken as top priority!" Mezlijin nodded his head matter of factly and turned his attention away from Shukura for a second to rifle in his satchel.

"I, Mezlijin, was sent her today to deliver to you, Lady Shukura the Delicate, a badge of honor." Pausing once more he stood to his feet and returned his attention back to the female before him. "If you would so kindly hold out your paws?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 am
Shukura breathed a soft sigh of relief as her fears were put at ease. Good...she wasn't sure what she would have done. She didn't know Mlinzi for very long, but the day or so she'd spent with him had been enough to make her care for him, especially after the advice he'd given her on not being so shy and unsure of herself. She had changed greatly since then thanks to him.

Curious, she tilted her head as Mezlijin rummaged through the satchel that he wore around his neck. The 'title' made her face warm a bit, and she shook her head to hide her smile. "What is this?" she asked quietly. "I'm certainly no lady of any sort."

She did as she was asked, though, and sat back on her haunches to hold out her paws, ears perked forward in interest.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 am
"Ah but I beg to differ, I am only doing what Mlinzi has requested of me. And he has never steered me wrong before, so surely you must be a Lady!"

Noting that Shukura was now ready to receive her gift he raised a single finger to her and dove back into his satchel once more before reappearing. This time in a bow his head dipped low, and his front haunches dipped low before him. He lightly placed the dazzling opal in her paws and stayed bowing before her.

"Mlinzi wanted her Lady Shukura the Delicate to wear this bead along with her others, to symbolize her delicate personality. Something to always remember him by, and he requests that one day perhaps you revisit him - if you so wish."

Finally finishing his speech, the leopon raised himself from his haunches and smiled at Shukura trying to gauge her reaction and whether she would enjoy the present that his mentor had gone through so much trouble to make for her.

SilverLutz

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces