Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Pokemon X and Y soundtrack

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:08 pm
So, the soundtrack for X and Y is on iTunes. Although iTunes is a pain in my a**, I went ahead and picked it up. It has 212 tracks, which includes all of the full songs (battles, routes, cities) and a bunch of various little clips for sound effects like when you change your clothes.

The nice surprise is that it also has some music from the original pokemon games (red/blue/green), which I found myself smiling and remembering how much fun I had playing those games as a child. The other nice surprise is that it has versions of a few of those old songs that appeared on the anime Pokemon Origins, which are really cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:50 pm
Woah, that's a ton of tracks. Sweet. :)

Can't always play with sound on, but I've enjoyed the music this gen so far. Lots of melodic callbacks as well. (...At least I think so? All the pokemusic has kind of blobbed together in my memory by this point and sounds familiar even if it shouldn't.)  

starkaat

A Pal

Searchghost

Ruthless Ladykiller

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 pm
While it would be nice to own the soundtrack, I'm not in any rush. The only song that I REALLY like that I want to get is the one you hear when you fight the one of the sisters from the Battle Maison.  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games