Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
McLellan Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 pm
xxxT H ExxM c L E L L A NxxF A M I L Yxxx

User Image

"Superba frango."

-The proud.-

xxxxxxxxxxxC U R R E N T F A M I L Y M E M B E R Sxxx
Miles McLellan - Husband of Newlyn, Son of Liam and Kacie
❤Newlyn McLellan (nee Vass) - Wife of Miles, daughter of Mitchell and Rhiannon Vass
xxPlayed by The Forgotten Weasley, accepted 3/19/16 @ 3:21 PM EST
xxx↪Angus McLellan - Son of Miles and Newlyn Vass
xxx↪Rian McLellan - Son of Miles and Newlyn Vass, NPC
xxxxxPlayed by The Forgotten Weasley, accepted 6/12/17 @ 5:45 PM EST

xxxxxxxxxxxP A S T F A M I L Y M E M B E R Sxxxxxxxxxx
      Liam McLellan
      Kacie McLellan

↪ = Offspring
❤ = Married
✿ = Adopted
xxxxU P D A T E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
UPDATED 10/20/19

ACCEPTED BY ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/28/2017]
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY ~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰 [10/26/19]
CHARACTERS ACCEPTED
Miles [03/28/2017] Newlyn [03/28/2017] Angus [10/26/19]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 am
xxxxM I L E SxxxB R A D E NxxxM c L E L L A N xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES None

AGE 37

BIRTHDAY March 15th, 2010

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood Werewolf

BITTEN BY Remy Bleiddiaid of the Aconite pack

PACK Aconite Pack

WAND Beech and griffin hair, 11 1/2 inches

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

FACECLAIM Seth Green [x]

LANGUAGES English, Irish, French

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2028

BEST LESSONS
                  Charms
                  Defence Against the Dark Arts
                  Music

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  History of Magic
                  World Studies

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ P
                  Charms ~ E
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ D
                  Potions ~ E
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Music ~ E
                  Muggle Music ~ E
                  World Studies ~ A

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ E
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ E
                  Potions ~ A
                  Music ~ E
                  Muggle Music ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Musician

DREAM JOB Musician

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ GOOD-NATURED Miles is generally a kind and compassionate person. He's got a pretty meoow personality, and doesn't get discouraged or insulted easily. His outlook on life tends to be of the mindset that there's more good in the world than bad, and that the best thing to do is look at things and realize that there is always something good that comes from the bad.
              ■ LAZY Miles is notoriously lazy. He used to spend much of his school years playing the violin, playing card games, and more or less having a good time. He is a person that believes that he works best under a time crunch and he does his best thinking under pressure.
              ■ FRIENDLY Miles is the type of person that will approach anyone with a smile on his face and a skip in his step. He tries to make make himself as pleasant as he can without compromising himself, and has surprisingly succeeded quite well in that regard. He doesn't devolve to insults or anger at other people really easily as a result.
              ■ LIGHT-HEARTED Miles doesn't see the use in worrying over things. His mentality is that things will work themselves out, and he sees a silver lining in every cloud. People might confuse him for an eternal optimist, but he'll argue that dwelling on the bad will just bring down the mood and cause more problems than it solves.
              ■ HELPFUL Miles is a particularly helpful individual. He would take the shirt off his back, the shoes off his feet, and whatever else he could give to help someone out. Sometimes this leads him into dangerous situations, but he figures that sometimes if that's the best way to help, he'll do it.
              ■ PLAYFUL Miles is an eternal child in the humour department. He makes bad jokes all the time, and tries to get people to laugh as much as they can if they're in a bad mood. His opinion is that laughter is the best medicine, and he hasn't seen anything that contradicts this.

Wolves
                  Singing
                  Spending time with friends
                  Music

DISLIKES
                  Werewolf haters
                  Peas
                  Using the fellytone
                  No sense of humour
                  Really long, boring books

HOBBIES
                  Singing
                  Playing the violin
                  Quidditch

STRENGTHS
                  Anything to do with music
                  Corny jokes

WEAKNESSES
                  Being lazy
                  Being blatantly a werewolf

FEARS
                  Squids

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          CHILDHOOD I was born in Dublin, Ireland. Spent my whole life there, actually, with my mum and da. They're pretty cool, though mum usually insists I sit down and straighten up. Found out I was a wizard just like the rest of my family when I accidentally made the peas I was being forced to eat levitate and dance for an hour straight. Mum and da thought it was funny, but it didn't get me out of eating them. I have a few friends back in Ireland, mostly old buddies I used to hang out with. Still don't know how to use a fellytone, or whatever the muggles call it, but love TV. Wish that someone in the wizarding world could come up with a reliable way to have one. I think it would be awesome.

SCHOOL YEARS My first two years in school were well, kind of ordinary. Went to class, doodled, and the like. It wasn't until the beginning of my third year that things went haywire for me. First, my mum and da died during an attack at this festival they were at, and before I knew it, I was being attacked by a giant wolf. Didn't know it was a werewolf until after. Now, I guess I have a furry issue I deal with once a month on top of school.

Well, I guess that I must be some sort of big joke now. I mean, I went to live at the Hawthorns after me mum and da died, and then they died in a fire. Add on top of that, Remy, who had been preaching to me about family, up and left me behind and ran away. Yeah, nice way to say that family sticks together. I might have had a slight mental breakdown in the Hufflepuff common room because of it, and well, Ada, one of me teammates, helped me to at least calm down enough to stop trying to hurt myself. I dunno what got into her, to be honest. Remy, I mean. It's not like she's a walking doom magnet like some other people I've heard about. I mean, come on, there was one guy that literally was like being his friend was a death sentence. Or me either, for that matter. I feel like it, actually.

Well, quick recap. I may or may not me seeing someone. Seriously. Okay, yes, I am seeing someone. Newlyn Vass. It was kind of weird how that happened, to be honest. First, she laughed at every corny joke I ever had, and then she ran into me when I came out of the Forbidden Forest after a full moon. Needless to say, that was a bit of a hairy situation. At least it broke the ice with her. We then started seeing each other off and on. That is, well, before one summer when I was thinking of visiting her and I got caught up in her father trying to kill her younger sister, Morven. I ended up running into Elsie, her other sister, and she told me what was going on. I told Elsie to go owl Jason, and ran to help. I'd never seen someone die before then, and well, it was an accident. I just hope that never happens again.

After that, school was pretty uneventful. Newlyn graduated two years before me, and we just hung out at her shop during Hogsmeade weekends and over the summer, since I was literally down the street.

POST GRADUATION After I graduated, I moved in with Newlyn, and have been helping her with her shop. I still want to be a professional musician at some point, and well, I'm just looking for a perfect time for that to happen. Then Hogsmeade was attacked by some idiots in masks and well, I tried to help out as best I can without becoming puppy chow. Then to top it all off, I gained another packmate in the form of Dori's friend Kenny because like David years earlier, I had to yank Jason off of the kid. Kid was looking for his girlfriend, which I can get considering that Newlyn was in a life and death situation before with Morven. Recently however me and Newlyn got married and I couldn't imagine myself happier, though I'm pretty sure that Morven wanted to hex us during the entire thing. Jason did, but we managed to drag him out of his shop for the event so go us! Anyway, it wasn't long before me and Newlyn were expecting a baby, and Angus McLellan was welcomed into the world.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          FAMILY Liam McLellan (Deceased) - Father, Kacie McLellan (nee O'Neal, Deceased) - Mother, Angus McLellan - Son, Elsbeth Shoichet - Sister-in-Law, Morven Vass - Sister-in-Law
          FRIENDS Christian Barret, Uriel Scott, Olyvia Blythe, Dorian Xanders, Morven Vass
          BEST FRIEND Uriel Scott
          ROMANTIC INTEREST Newlyn McLellan
          ENEMIES Peas, fleas, the cat across the street
          PACK Jason Hill, Dorian Xanders, Morven Vass, David Clarisse, Kenneth Blake
          PETS None

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:20 pm
xxxxN E W L Y NxxxT A R AxxxM C L E L L A N xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES New

AGE 38

BIRTHDAY 15 February 2008

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 12 inches, Buckeye, Merpeople scale, Supple, Decorated Shaft

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Heterosexual

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Adelaide Kane [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2026

BEST LESSONS
                  Art
                  Music
                  Potions

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts
                  History of Magic

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ P
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ P
                  Herbology ~ EE
                  History of Magic ~ P
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Art ~ O
                  Divination ~ A
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
                  Healing ~ O
                  Muggle Art ~ EE
                  Muggle Music ~ EE
                  Music ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ A
                  Herbology ~ A
                  Potions ~ EE
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Art ~ O
                  Healing ~ EE
                  Muggle Art ~ EE
                  Muggle Music ~ EE
                  Music ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Owner of Dominic Maestro's

DREAM JOB Current job

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ SENSIBLE Newlyn has always had a level head on her shoulders, and if never noted for being especially clever, does have a good deal of practical know-how. Much of what she knows now as an adult has been self-taught over the years, and she's extremely capable. Newlyn knows to keep her expectations realistic and her morals firm, and this far it's served her well.
              ■ DEVOTED In nearly every relationship in her life, Newlyn is devoted. Her loyalty is part of what got her sorted into Hufflepuff at the tender age of eleven, and she is an extremely supportive, encouraging person to have as a family or a friend. Honest and committed one hundred percent to everything and everyone she values, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more faithful.
              ■ RESOURCEFUL Newlyn has always been someone who has always managed to find a way, even with the odds stacked against her. She grew up being forced to take initiative, as there was no one else around to do it, and that has stuck with her since. What Newlyn is good at, she is very good at, and she takes pride in her skills and her talents.
              ■ SELF-SACRIFICIAL Newlyn has always been one to put others before herself, sometimes to her own detriment. Much of her hard work is due to wanting to provide and be there both physically and emotionally for other people, and she tends to give up her needs and wants in favor of the needs and wants of those around her. It's very hard for her to be self serving, even when she needs to be.
              ■ GUARDED A private person by nature, Newlyn is not very chatty or one to say much about her personal life, even if pressed. She likes to keep what is important to her close, and will rarely confide in or reveal much to strangers or even acquaintances. Unfortunately this leads to her bottling a lot up, and it can be hard for her to vocalize what she is really feeling.
              ■ PRESUMPTIVE Newlyn, a classic eldest child, can presume too much, and it can at best make her come off as slightly condescending, and at worst, arrogant or judgmental. While none of this is intended, she does have a tendency to jump to conclusions without getting to the bottom of things first, and her opinions can be clouded by emotions running high.

Painting
                  Piano
                  Violin
                  Long walks

DISLIKES
                  Patronizing attitudes
                  Violence as a solution
                  Excessive crying
                  Dust and dirt
                  Long nights

HOBBIES
                  Painting
                  Drawing
                  Playing the piano or violin

STRENGTHS
                  Her creative talents
                  Her composed nature

WEAKNESSES
                  Her tendency to blame herself for everything
                  Her reluctance to share her troubles and open up

FEARS
                  Losing her sisters
                  Losing Miles

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          CHILDHOOD Newlyn was born and raised in Upper Barnton, England, the firstborn child of Mitchell Vass and Rhiannon Vass nee Rayhorn, a pureblood wizard and witch. While her father came from a traditionally purist Slytherin home and background, her mother had been raised in a more accepting nature by two 'blood traitor' Gryffindors. Their marriage was an elopement- Rhiannon's parents were killed during the Second Wizarding World War, and Mitchell's parents expressly forbid him from pursuing a relationship with her. He ignored their warning, and was disowned in all but name. The new Vasses eventually settled down to raise a family, and had Newlyn, then her younger sister Elsbeth, and finally her youngest sister Morven. Shortly after Morven's birth, when Newlyn was six years old, her mother was killed by a rogue werewolf in the countryside. Her father, having idolized and clung to his wife for so many years, was permanently and irreversibly scarred by the event. He sank into a deep depression, and it fell on Newlyn to do the majority of the caring for and nurturing of her younger sisters. By the time she was of Hogwarts age she was both their mother and their father, and her father had made it clear over the years since her mother's death that he fully blamed her for it, as Rhiannon had died protecting her daughter.

SCHOOL YEARS
              FIRST YEAR Newlyn loved her first year away from home, away from her father, and she admitted to herself guiltily, the constant chore of looking after her younger sisters. She was sorted into Hufflepuff, and fully embraced the school as her home, and as an opportunity to finally act her age, rather than as a mini adult. She joined the music club, became friends with a housemate named Chloe, and met a charming older boy named Jay. At the end of the year, he asked her to be his girlfriend, and eager to jump into her first relationship with any boy, Newlyn accepted.
              SECOND YEAR Newlyn spent her second year enjoying the feeling of having a boyfriend and friends for the first time in her life, people who actually seemed to care about what she felt and wanted. She did, after some internal debate, tell Jay what had happened to her mother and about the guilt she still felt over it.
              THIRD YEAR By the time her third year had started Newlyn had begun to clash with her father more and more frequently, with the renewed sense of confidence having a normal life had started to give her. She was tired of being the quiet, dutiful, little mother.
              FOURTH YEAR The summer before Newlyn's fourth year she attended a circus with Jay and her sisters that was violently attacked by dark wizards. Newlyn and her sisters made it out unharmed, by her boyfriend was struck by a spell that caused him to slowly sicken and die by the winter of her fourth year. It left her completely numb; her main source of support and encouragement had been suddenly ripped away, just like that.
              FIFTH YEAR Newlyn slowly began to move on, despite another attack, this time by vampires, on a festival the fall of her fifth year. Her sister Elsie began attending Hogwarts as a first year, and was sorted into Hufflepuff with her.
              SIXTH YEAR During her sixth year Newlyn befriended Miles McLellan, another Hufflepuff two years her junior, and was horrified to discover he was a werewolf. However, she was able to move past it and their friendship came out stronger for it; she told him that she was starting to develop feelings for him.
              SEVENTH YEAR The summer before Newlyn's seventh year Morven was bitten by a werewolf and would have been killed if not for her intervention. Knowing her father's reaction would likely be violent if he found out, she and Morven hid it from him, and Elsie. However, Elsie found out over the course of the year, and stung by what she perceived as a rejection from her sisters by their not telling her, inadvertently revealed it to Mitchell when they returned home. A violent struggle ensued, and by the end of it, Newlyn had knocked her father down a flight of stairs in self defense, killing him. She assumed guardianship of her sisters.

POST GRADUATION After graduation Newlyn bought and currently runs Dominic Maestro's music shop in Hogsmeade. She and Miles live above the shop, and married in November 2033. Their first son Angus was born in June 2036, and their second son Rian in March 2038.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          FAMILY Miles McLellan (husband), Angus McLellan (son), Elsbeth Shoichet (sister), Morven Vass (sister), David Shoichet (brother-in-law)
          FRIENDS Chloe Clarisse
          BEST FRIEND Chloe Clarisse
          ROMANTIC INTEREST Miles McLellan
          ENEMIES ---
          PETS Owl named Lili

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:44 pm
xxxxA N G U SxxxK E A N ExxxM c L E L L A N xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxB E H I N D T H E N A M E xxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Gus

AGE 11

BIRTHDAY June 15, 2036

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 12 2/3 inches, chestnut and unicorn hair, springy with a spiralled shaft

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Unsure

FACECLAIM Andrew R. Wolf [x]

LANGUAGES English, Irish

xxxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              TO ATTEND/ATTENDING/ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE House

YEAR First

BEST LESSONS
                  Lesson
                  Lesson
                  Lesson

WORST LESSONS
                  Lesson
                  Lesson
                  Lesson

HONORS Honors Recieved

SCHOOL ACTIVITIES Activities

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Current Employment

DREAM JOB Magizoologist

xxxxO W L S A N D N E W T S xxxxxxxxxxxx
              OWL SCORES
                  ♊︎ Astronomy ~ X
                  ♊︎ Charms ~ X
                  ♊︎ Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
                  ♊︎ Herbology ~ X
                  ♊︎ History of Magic ~ X
                  ♊︎ Potions ~ X
                  ♊︎ Transfiguration ~ X
                  ♊︎ Elective ~ X

NEWT SCORES
                  ♊︎ Astronomy ~ X
                  ♊︎ Charms ~ X
                  ♊︎ Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
                  ♊︎ Herbology ~ X
                  ♊︎ History of Magic ~ X
                  ♊︎ Potions ~ X
                  ♊︎ Transfiguration ~ X
                  ♊︎ Elective ~ X

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ◊ ADVENTUROUS Angus loves exploring. He doesn't shy away from dangerous places, and actively works to discover new places he can go. He's unafaraid of potential dangers, thinking that discovering something new is rewarding despite them.
              ◊ CURIOUS Perhaps due to his adventurous nature, he is curious about everything around him, whether its what other people are doing or new things that he wants to figure out for himself. He's constantly looking for something new to satisfy his curiosity, which can lead to trouble when he's not careful.
              ◊ FRIENDLY Angus is quite friendly, always ready with a smile or a wave for new people. He's constantly on the lookout for new people to meet and be friends with, and doesn't have any qualms about really being rejected. He feels that it's better to take the risk of rejection instead of forever being unsure about someone.
              ◊ BRIGHT Angus is quite bright. He can easily pick up new ideas, and can think of solutions to problems he might have. He's also quick-witted, able to come up with things on the spot rather easily.
              ◊ HELPFUL Angus can be quite helpful. He will offer his assistance if he sees someone that needs it, and will agree to help someone should they ask. He doesn't mind doing anything, though he draws the line when what he's doing could result in someone getting hurt or takes advantage of others.
              ◊ HUMOROUS Angus likes to crack jokes, do impressions, and generally make other people laugh. He's no stranger to it, and often finds it breaks up tense situations and depressing moods. He's also fond of finding something humorous in everyday situations too, as he believes it makes even monotonous chores more enjoyable.

Canines
                  Exploring
                  Friends
                  Music

DISLIKES
                  Being told no
                  Monotony
                  Being taken advantage of
                  Stormy weather
                  Beets

HOBBIES
                  Exploring
                  Listening to music
                  Spending time with animals

STRENGTHS
                  Very helpful
                  Good sense of humor

WEAKNESSES
                  Extremely curious
                  Can easily be taken advantage of

FEARS
                  Losing his family
                  Storms

xxxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Angus was born to Miles and Newlyn McLellan. Miles, his father, is known as a professional violinist, and his mother runs a music shop in Hogsmeade. His father is also a werewolf, the current Alpha of the Aconite Pack. Angus, however, didn't really know about his father's condition until he was older, since Miles figured that it'd be better for his children to find out when they were older about it. However, he did become familiar with the rest of Miles's pack, as Miles had no problem with bringing him around the rest of the werewolves (at least when they were in human form) and introducing them to him. As a result, Angus considers them his second family, even if he wasn't a werewolf.

Angus spent much of his childhood growing up and goofing around in Hogsmeade. He also helped out his mum around her shop whenever he could. Because of this, he developed a love of music, though he doesn't play an instrument or sing. A lot of his time was spent prowling around the edges of the Forbidden Forest, which got him into trouble with his Uncle Jason quite a bit. When he got his Hogwarts letter, however, he was happy, since he'd been able to see the school his entire life and always wanted to see what was inside.

SCHOOL YEARS
                  ◊ FIRST YEAR Information
                  ◊ SECOND YEAR Information
                  ◊ THIRD YEAR Information
                  ◊ FOURTH YEAR Information
                  ◊ FIFTH YEAR Information
                  ◊ SIXTH YEAR Information
                  ◊ SEVENTH YEAR Information

POST GRADUATION Information

xxxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY
                  Parents - Miles McLellan, Newlyn McLellan (nee Vass)
                  Siblings - Rian McLellan
                  Grandparents - Liam McLellan, Kacie McLellan (nee O'Neal) Mitchell Vass, Rhiannon Vass (nee Rayhorn)
                  Aunts/Uncles - Elsbeth Shoichet (nee Vass), Morven Vass
                  Cousins - Celeste Shoichet

FRIENDS
                  Best Friend - Name
                  Laurel Hill
                  Aspen Hill
                  Billie Xanders
                  Reginald Blake
                  Aconite Pack

SIGNIFICANT OTHER Name
              ENEMIES Name
              PETS Name