Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:40 pm
❥ Swamp Monsters

This is a private RP between Corvus Albus ( Faid Shadowlight ) & Luana ( Candle Wick Ghost ).
Please do not post without being invited to do so! Thank you.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 pm
Unlike her mother, Luana had no problem being covered in mud. She had spent most of her childhood in sparring sessions with her stepfather Dae in his swamp, after she had shown interest in his gladiatorial skills and when indulging in such a violent hobby you couldn't expect to remain clean during the act.

She had turned her attention to the stream to go clean off, her once pearly white coat was crusted with dried mud, no thanks to the heat. She wouldn't have been bothered about cleaning off until the rain came if it wasn't for the fact the mud had dried around the base of her wings and was making it highly uncomfortable to move them.

She stopped at the bank and stared in to the waters contents, taking a moment to study the reflection within it. Her mother wouldn't be pleased that her efforts had been wasted...

Quote:
#e8cc86

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm
Corvus had been grumbling to himself lately, he really couldn't work out why the swamp was such a popular homestead lately. Was it lately? He couldn't remember how long it had been since he had been able to walk around in the swamps for days and not run into another. Now he couldn't even go a day without hearing some other soquili in teh area, some even had foals, it was redicioulous, at least to him. Then again he was rather posessive of his space, trouble was he didn't share well enough to have help defending his space... And thus his dilemma.

He huffed walking towards a stream on what he cosidered his lands, it was a humid day and a cool drink would be welcome, though his blank eyes narrowed a little to note that not only was he not alone in this area but it seemed it was invaded by a mud monster.

Looking skywards and sighing, he really did wonder how others found simple things like bathing often so hard, he managed to stay clean and he had lived here for years. His nose curled a little, the smell of the swamp wasn't always a good one and it was worse when you had churned up the muck, slime and mud. The aroma of the one by his stream was not pleasant.

Nose still wrinkled at the smell he stopped on teh opposite side of the small stream and looked at the mud monster, his blank eyes making reading his expression very hard.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 pm
Luana hadn't seen anyone outside of her family within the swampy forest since the day she was born, it came as a surprise when her eyes lifted from the water and touched on a taller, meaner looking stallion at the other side of the stream. Staring her down.

She panicked for a moment, sucking in her breath she quickly turned her eyes to the left and to the right. No one else was there, so he must of been looking directly at her. She felt uneasy and out of place. Even though she complimented their surroundings well, covered in it's earth and caked in it's crude odor, all of a sudden she felt conscious of what the other saw when they looked at her.

She noted his bleached hair, pale coloration, pointed serpentine tail and large horns that protruded from the back of his head. His eyes were a blank canvas, no colour, no pupil... No nothing. She wondered if he could even see her or if he merely sensed her presence and was also wondering what company he was keeping.

"Hello?" She greeted, uncertainty clear in her voice.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm
Corvus quirked a brow a little, the mud monster was striking conversation, how quaint. "Hello..." His eyes still directly on her, he was disgruntled but his mood could be worse, he was half kalona after all. His eyes drift over the little wings that were visable. How dainty...

"What brings you to my stream muddy little bug? I think you will need more water than is here to do what needs done." Sounding polite but cool, like his manners were simply formality of habit than sincear. Turning to look down stream. "This way little mud bug, what you need is this way." Thinking that at least if they were going to live here he could get rid of the smell from the mud that was drying too slowly. Wondering if she had noticed the mud was caking into a hard shall on her coat.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm
Luana was thinking she may have to put those skills Dae had taught her to use, far earlier than she was ever expecting but the stallion surprised her further and opted to give her advice. The water down stream was better to clean in than the narrower part of the stream.

It made sense and she couldn't help but feel a little dumbfound that she hadn't come to that conclusion sooner, no more than the fact she hadn't known anyone lived nearby.

"Your stream?" She chirped, curiously. "I wouldn't claim it as solely yours, others live here too." She decided to correct him, it wasn't right to assume that only one used a certain source of water when the land shared many inhabitants. Even if she hadn't met anyone but the stallion standing before her now, she wasn't as naive to assume there wasn't more soquili roaming about.

"I was hoping to clean myself up but you're right, it wouldn't be fair to taint the stream here with my filth. Down stream would be better." She offered him a smile, turned on her hooves and slowly started to stalk the edges of the stream, keeping her eyes set on him as she walked.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm
He didn't look at her as he walked, he was a very cool customer, giving little away, though her retort did cause a faint smirk on his mouth. "I used to walk these lands for days and see no others, it has become decidedly noisey of late" Stopping at part of the stream where it had widend into a pool, the water carrying on over some rocks that didn't look normal, they seemed to have been moved, possibly by him. "Here is a more suitable place to bathe mud bug."

Sparing her a glance again then nodding towards where the stream entered the pool. "Enter from that end, its shallower and easier." Turning away but not leaving, giving privacy more or less but lingering as this was an unknown spot to her.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:06 pm
She lifted a carefully formed brow noting how he continually chose to call her mud bug. Other than Lu, decided by her family, that was the first nickname anyone had ever given her and she found herself growing rather fond of it.

She looked over the rocks where the water lapped over them and then to the wider body of water which would fit her frame in with room to spare. She could soak here with no problem at all. It was as if this place had been hidden from view, a VIP area that only a select few got invited to.

She chuckled, her smile radiating like sun beams to match her cheeks at the thought.

"Thank you." She glanced over at him, watching as he moved to face the other way, walking over to the shallow end. She lifted her front right leg and pushed it in to the contents first. Satisfied, she waved her way in till her body was mostly emerged;up to her shoulders.

She started the cleaning process, dipping her head fully under she then brought it up, her once wild curls now flat, straight and stuck to her figure.

"Do you prefer to be alone?" She called back to him whilst continuing to go about her bath.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:07 pm
He nods at her thanks and sighs, not able to read minds but inwardly noting that neither of them had introduced themselves, vaguely listening to the sound of water splashing as she cleans herself, looking boredly out in front of him, coming back to listening as she asks her question. "It is usually best, I do not find myself a personable sort."

Having little to no inflection or derision in his voice, having found preference meant little when it came to others, he could prefer company and they could despise him. So he didn't bother with making preferences.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:08 pm
He wasn't very sociable and wasn't saying anything other than a few words at a time. Keeping it short and sweet.Thankfully she had something to do and was occupied with cleaning to worry about the lack of conversation and interaction.

That was until she had finished tugging the dried patches of dirt from her coat, most of it at least, and was now thrashing around in the water trying to rid the last of it. She gave a huff, a frustrated sigh following.

"Excuse me!" She turned in the water and stared up at the stallion. He was handsome, his fancy jewelry caught her attention quickly and she could only admire how they twinkled when the light reflected off them. "I can't seem to rive the last of this off. Could you help me?"

Now whether she asked because he was just awkwardly standing there, or because she really couldn't find the patience to do it herself was a mystery but she cast a sweet and innocent gaze to lay it on thick.

Head dipped, eyes peering out from under the flat bangs she licked a small smile and flicked her tail behind her. "Please."

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 pm
He looked around at her request, somewhat taken aback at her request, though it only showed with the lifting of one of his eyebrows. "You do realise mud bug that you are asking a male who's name you do not know, who does not know your name to assist you in bathing." Not sure if he was warning her of doing so with strange males or what he was doing. It was bizarre to him.

Sighing he walked forward, figuring that he might as well assist her and get it over with, though he had never bathed another before. Looking her over, thinking that she was much improved for the cleaning so far. Wading into the water, not bothering to remove anything of his. "Excuse me then." Giving a faint apology before starting to help her clean off the remaining mud, trying to be cautious of her little wings, especially on his horns and scales, though truth be told he was trying to not get that close to her.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:11 pm
"Don't worry about my intentions, I know that it's improper to ask a strange male to bathe with me and I know the code, not to talk to strangers or trust anyone on face value." She rolled her eyes gently as he questioned her actions and knew that it was a risky gamble to let someone you barely knew to get so up-close and personal.

She was young and had only just blossomed in to a fine, beautiful mare but she had been lectured many times by those that care of the dangers and unlikely things the world had to offer. She trusted these wise words to be correct but at the same time, if she didn't make loose choices for herself and make some mistakes she wouldn't truly learn what was right and what was wrong for her.

"I thought we would eventually get to introductions. I suppose now would be a great opportunity to do so but you seem to fancy mud bug more than any name I have to offer." She giggled as he attended to her and lifted the wing he was closest to, to it's tips so that it didn't get in his way. Antenna's twitching gently.

"My names Luana. It's nice to meet you. What name can I refer to you by, my fine gentleman?" She let her eyes linger on him. She had to admit, being this close to someone didn't really bother her too much, it did make her cheeks tint a shade darker at the touch but it beat straining her neck and legs to get at the hard to reach angles.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:12 pm
"Corvus Albus." Giving her a nod/bow with his name, resuming the cleaning he was doing for her, unable to deny as she got cleaner and cleaner that she was a lovely young mare. Though when he noted the faint colouring of her blush he returned his eyes to the small patch of mud he was working on. She was the most attractive mare he had seen in this place in his time there. Though he had to wonder what she had been up to that made her such a mess.

He sighed as he moved around her to get to a different spot of mud. "I have never known a mare who has gotten in such a mess before." Then again he had not known many mares that wanted to be here. "You can call me Crow if you prefer, it is what my name means." Shrugging as he makes the offer, knowing he had an unusual name and longer than most wanted to bother with. Having wondered what had possessed his parents to name him thus, he looked nothing like any type of crow he had ever seen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:30 pm
Luana smiled at him when he revealed his name. It sounded important and fancy, someone of noble or royal blood. Like a prince or a knight. She wondered if he was either of those and his appearance was making it hard to imagine he was anything else. It was extremely fitting.

Moving and shifting as he moved to the next patch of mud he needed to get to so that it would be easier for him, she was a little baffled at the information he shared with her. "Really? Mares don't often get dirty?" She couldn't understand why, she thought it was just something her mother felt strongly about.

"My father was once a gladiator. When I was younger I asked if he could teach me what he had learned when he was in the arena and he didn't object, generally because it was good to know for self-defense if I would ever need to use it." Her eyes wandered away from the stallion, she didn't usually call Dae father and she never really talked about her relationship with him.

She admired him and did consider him their true father, even though he wasn't. It was a complex relationship with a ton of mixed feelings to go with it.

She looked back over 'crow' and tilted her head as she observed him some more. He didn't look like a crow, more like a lizard. He had scales, not feathers and hooves not forked feet and a muzzle not a beak... So why crow?

"You don't look like a crow." That was stating the obvious. She chuckled. "More like a prince."

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 pm
Prince?! That had his full attention, his eyes meeting hers, somewhat surprised at the observations she had made of him. He wasn't sure he agreed with it but she was entitled to her opinion. "I never thought I looked like a crow either, let alone a pied crow, I'm the wrong colour, but then we rarely get to name ourselves do we?" It was a rhetorical question but he held her gaze while he asked it, soon turning his focus back to the mud.

Having quietly absorbed the information about her family, mulling it over, not sure what to make of a mare learning to be a gladiator from her father, but then it was a parents choice what they did or did not teach a child. "I am sure that such skills will be useful should you ever need them."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff