Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
{S} Allowing Rehoming Contests Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Soq Staff Revisit the rehoming rules?
Yes! :)
100%
 100%  [ 31 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:37 pm
With recent discussions about re-homing non-basket Soq, I wanted to create a thread to discuss this suggestion.

The Gaming Glen specifically states
Soquili

2. You can't hold contests for giving away non-basket soquilis that you own.
-If you don't want your pet then PM the soquili shop mule the name of the person in which you are giving the pet to OR you can have the shop rehome the pet to a questor.

I am suggesting that the staff at least look over and discuss the idea of reversing this rule, and allowing owners to rehome any SOQ that they FULLY OWN. Many owners put a lot of dedication into their SOQ, whether its questing time, gold, or even plotting and RP. With this amount of work typically put into these B/C pets, I believe that the owners should have an option to game their SOQ off with a FREE game in the gaming Glen.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions. Staff, I'd love to hear your feedback, whether it official or personal.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:54 pm
Since this issue kind of started with me, I'll chime in.

As someone going through trying to rehome all my soquili, it would be nice to be able to hold a contest in order to get more people involved. Especially seeing as I'm rehoming an Domained Angeni. Thankfully I've scouted out a few people I'm going to talk to about that specific Soq, but it took me a good few HOURS to just find the people. Literally. I just spent five hours searching for literate RPing newbies to potentially rehome ONE soq to. If I hadn't already held rehoming contests in other shops, and been directed to some archived contests here in soq, I would have had NO IDEA where to look. And I'm still not sure I've found any definite fits. I can already tell that getting RP examples and whatnot over PMs is going to be a hassle.
Being able to hold a contest would have been so much easier, and more organized.

As long as you own the soq fully and the game is free, there shouldn't be a problem, right? I mean, essentially it's the same as giving away a basket.

The one problem I could potentially see coming from this is the issue of breeding. Fortunately none of the Soq I'm rehoming have used any of their breedings, but what happens when there's only one breeding left? Or zero? Will there be people who are going to start giving away their soq after they've used up all of the breedings? I was never a breeding fiend, as I love RPing, but being able to breed your Soq is part of what makes it exciting.
Perhaps there should be a rule against giving away Soq without any breedings left? Or a rule where ANY and ALL giveaways should clearly state how many breedings are left?  

THE Jehan

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:57 pm
Agreed I think we should be allowed to rehome soq via contests.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm
I didn't know rehoming contests weren't allowed. I'm pretty sure there was a rehoming contest for two full-grown soq recently, held by the owner and not the shop.

If they're indeed not allowed, I'd vote yes to this being reconsidered (:. If I left gaia, I'd want to know that my pets were going to be loved and RPed and not left to rot.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 pm
If this is not already happening cause the rule wasnt updated then I agree it should be a thing yo~ c:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:14 pm
Has anyone PMed the mule/Mindsend about this yet? Because I could swear I talked to her about Dixie wanting to do a rehoming contest for her soqs, and there didn't seem to be a problem. It might very well just be outdated rules.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 pm
Yes, I agree that the rules (if they are outdated) need to be updated on the rules page.

Or is this is the "rule" it should be reconsidered smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm
Where is this rule even at so I can update it?

Cause.. I know some people have gotten permission to do so repeatedly in the past and it hasnt been a problem, and I think the only reason the rule was made was because someone wanted to host a mini-event OUTSIDE of the guild to rehome things (AND was sort of someone who was at odds with Sirenz cause they both had grown to dislike each other so there was a risk the person could have been vindictive in their event just to spite Sirenz, and sirenz not being all to comfortable with them doing ANYTHING but just giving them to the shop to handle or to her friends rather than contesting things.) so the only rule is that it follows basket rules AND is hosted in guild (which.. Isnt necessary for baskets as long as it doesn't SELL them for items/gold/etc)  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:03 pm
It is here, under the contest section of"Not allowed."

If it's going to be updated so soon, I might actually do a contest then. 83  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:28 pm
mindsend

So, I was wondering if I could just go ahead and hold a contest in the gaming glen?
Also, when I rehome everyone, what happens to their stats? Will the new owners have to roll new stats, or will the ones they have now transfer over?  

THE Jehan

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:35 pm
THE Jehan
mindsend

So, I was wondering if I could just go ahead and hold a contest in the gaming glen?
Also, when I rehome everyone, what happens to their stats? Will the new owners have to roll new stats, or will the ones they have now transfer over?

A Soquili's stats will stay the same no matter what, as well as their name and temper c: 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:31 pm
Ktns

Oh, cool!
I figured about the stats, but I did not know that about the names and tempers!  

THE Jehan

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:31 pm
Thanks guys for the feedback... Glad to hear that its been thought of, and seems like its changing. :nods:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:26 pm
THE Jehan
Ktns

Oh, cool!
I figured about the stats, but I did not know that about the names and tempers!

Actually! As the resident Soq certist... Mindsend has actually told me that people can change name/tempers if ownership is changing completely. I've done it a couple times on recerts for new owners. I don't think it's actually written anywhere as a rule, though. Maybe I should put a note up in my cert thread. *ponders*

I kinda doubt that stats would go with if the soq was given a new identity, but you'd have to doublecheck that.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 pm
Roniel Targaryen

Uh....xD
I think I'm going to have to send something to the mule regarding the stats then, or see if Mind knows anything about it.
Or about all of it, just to double check. I don't wanna cause a hassle when the new owners get chosen.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff