Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[LOG/PRP] The Beginning of the End (Kyria/Tsubaki/Zurione)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:46 pm
Painted Moose

User Image
Tsubaki walked with her head as high as she could, given the circumstances. It wasn’t often that she was actually happy around Kyria, but today the Amazonian Princess didn’t seem to be as high strung. They had dined on antelope in the morning light, and were now headed south. It had already been some days since they had last seen the pride, and each day was one day too far for her. She missed her mother, her sister, her friends….Uzoma. Hopefully Uzoma would still WANT her when she got back. “What about that male? Back at the gorge? He was nice?”

User Image

“Nice isn’t something I want.” Picking surrogates was hard work! She needed a male strong enough to make good, strong Amazon’s and he had to be pretty, too! So far she hadn’t been that lucky; they’d all turned out to be chumps. But, at least she had Tsubaki. Sure, she was still in love with Uzoma, but that would change, right? With time? She’d come around, Kyria just knew it. “He has to be a God in mortal form.”

“That’s….a tall order…” We’re never going home.

Cornetified

User Image
Picking her way along, Zurione stalked after a skinny hare. She had wandered further from home than she'd meant to, due to having to avoid a pack of hyenas. Now... she'd been lost for days, with no idea where to go. She pounced at the hare, but it evaded her outstretched claws. Dang! She gave chase, but it vanished into a small hole. Zuri let out an uncharacteristic whine and sat down. She was so hungry!!

Painted Moose
Kyria led the way down the the bank, her claws digging into the hard ground until she bounced onto solid ground. Was that...? There was something purple, just over that way! "Come on, Tsubaki!" She took off like the wind, paws ghosting over the earth until she came to a running stop next to Zurione. The Princess couldn't help her pout. She wouldn't have minded a leopon, but a female? What rotten luck! "What are you looking at?"

Tsubaki, meanwhile, had just caught up to the wayward lioness, her long, lithe legs still rotating when she stopped some ways back. She came up to the stranger slowly, taking stock her surroundings before deeming it safe. There was no such thing as too careful with royalty. "Princess, you really shouldn't run off like that! It isn't safe." Her eyes darted to the leopon. The poor thing looked so dejected.

Cornetified

Zurione's head remained low as the paws neared. Whatever. It didn't matter anymore. She'd never been so hungry in her life!! She slowly looked up at the white female's irritated question. "A rabbit hole," she said with a heavy sigh. Princess? She looked over at the brown female now, and tried to lift her head a little to look at least a bit more respectable. "I was chasing a rabbit, and it fled here. ..I suppose I started daydreaming a bit."

Painted Moose

Tsubaki came to Kyria’s side to peer at the hole this leopon seemed so preoccupied with. “Miss? Would you like some help? Finding another rabbit, that is?” Her voice was soft, and quiet, a meek contrast to her companions. There was no doubt that this poor soul was just hungry, and that was something that three could easily remedy as opposed to one. That is, if Kyria would help. “I can find something for you, if-“

“If we had the time.” Kyria responded with a huff. Why was Tsubaki’s head so close, hmm? Was she attracted to her? What did she have that Kyria didn’t? Oooooh, was it the hybrid thing, because she could shave her tail down and- “As it happens, we can’t help you, sorry, we’re a little busy.” She nudged her guard and took a little step away.

“We can’t just leave her here. She’s hungry, and needs our help.” Tsubaki looked between the two, with an almost pleading look to Kyria. “Please, Princess, show mercy.”

“Well…if you insist.” She wasn’t happy about it, oh no, but she could never resist Tsubaki. NEVER.

Cornetified
Zurione looked up at the sweeter of the females. Well.. maybe taking a little help wouldn't be such a terrible thing. When Kyria spoke up though, she went back to looking at the hole. She didn't have the energy to plea... But, apparently, the other female did. She looked up in surprise at her defender, and gave a nod as aid was finally agreed to. "Thank you very much for your hospitality. I.. appreciate whatever help you may provide. ..I'm afraid I've gotten lost, after avoiding a pack of hyena."

Painted Moose

“Hyena?” Kyria’s voice was a high squeak as she immediately shifted back to Tsubaki’s side, her eyes comically flitting over the horizon. “I’ve never seen one, but I’ve heard nasty, horrible stories. Sometimes, they’ll sneak into a mothers den and pick out the fattest one so they can-“

“Kyria, please.” Tsubaki sighed. “You’re only going to frighten her.”

Sometimes, the Princess’ coping strategies only served to annoy the usually calm lioness. If they weren’t in the middle of a virtual wasteland then she would have left her to find solitude with Uzoma, but that wouldn’t happen any time soon. “If you’ll wait here we’ll go hunt something for you, since we’re just ate not too long ago ourselves. I can’t promise much, but I will try.”

“What do you mean we?” Kyria pouted, then straightened up and moaned. “FINE, we’ll go find food.” She picked up her paws and trotted out, looking over her shoulder irritably at Tsubaki. “Well, come ON. I’m not waiting around here all day. There are hyenas!”

Cornetified
Zurione felt a wave of relief wash over her, along with one of embarrassment. "I'm sorry to inconvenience you like this.." she said softly. "But.. the hyenas... I saw them a few days back. I doubt that they're in the area anymore." She lowered her eyes again. “Still... do be cautious. I don't know about them sneaking into dens, but they are vicious against lions."

Painted Moose
Tsubaki waited until Kyria was a good distance away before chuckling. “Please, ignore her. She’s a little high strung. And it’s not an inconvenience; not in the least. Our pride is supposed to help fellow females, and I intend to do just that, if you’ll allow it.” She smiled and started out after Kyria. “Did you hear that, Kyria? The hyenas-“

“Stop talking about the hyenas! I can’t stand it! It feels like my fur is going to crawl off.” The brown lioness shivered and jumped up, passing an annoyed, but clearly amorous look to the other.

The two left for quite some time, but when they returned they came back with ripe spoils; Kyria held a piece of a antelope, obviously scavenged, and Tsubaki had her jaws clamped on a plump snake.

“Rejoice!” Kyria dropped her load and smiled. “Your thanks are unnecessary, but welcome.”

Tsubaki just shook her head and laid her snake next to Zurione. “I’m sorry, but this is the best we could do.”

Cornetified
She gave Tsubaki a little smile and nod of understancing. Hoping that the two lionesses were really going to get her some food, and weren't going to fetch their fellow bandits, or going to laugh about the stupid purple leopon to their pride, Zurione settled down onto some soft grass to await their return.

By the time they returned, Zurione had fallen asleep. The sounds of their paws woke her, and she tried to smooth her fur again before they could see her. Looking at the food brought back, she gave both females a big smile. "No. This is wonderful. Thank you both, very much." She set right to eating, trying to maintain whatever dignity she had left by not rushing through scarfing the meal. To one so hungry, the scavenged antelope and the big snake might as well have been dishes brought from the house of a king!

Painted Moose
Kyria, whom was actually smiling for once, look at Tsubaki with a smug grin. It had been HER idea to grab the jackals dinner before he could swallow it up, since he’d taken so much already! She said this, and that, about its family, but she’d seen no cubs. Or pups; whatever the little urchins called them. What did it matter, anyway, if their little hybrid friend was fed? “You’re very welcome….What was your name, again?”

“She didn’t give us one, Princess.” Tsubaki stated simply, lowering herself to sit next to the hungry leopon. She’d noticed the frazzled fur, and had even though she had been asleep before they came closer. It wouldn’t have surprised her. The poor thing was probably exhausted. “Allow me to introduce Princess Kyria of the Antianeira, and I am Tsubaki, a Guard that was asked to accompany her. Would you mind telling us your name?”

Cornetified
Soon enough, the snake was nothing but some bones. Partially practicing her self-control, she took a moment to lick her chops clean of any snake residue. Then she took a bite from the larger meat, her tail beginning to twitch with a little life. Her eyes slid over as she realized the kinder of the females was sitting so closely next to her, looking so concerned. Did Tsubaki care so much for a stranger?

"Princess Kyria, Lady Tsubaki.. I am Zurione. ..Is that where I am? In the Antianeria lands?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm
"Zurione. Well, at least you sound like someone loved you enough to give you a name before they ditched you." At the scoff from Tsubaki, Kyria snubbed the pair and turned her nose elsewhere. If she had her way they wouldn't even be around, let alone offering food to this creature. She had leopon sisters; she knew what kind of lives they led, and it was lonely. She wouldn't wish that kind of life on anyone, which was why she tried to ignore the lesser species as much as possible.

"It's lovely. A perfect name for a sweet one, such as yourself." Tsubaki answered calmly, her eyes leveled with Kyria. Within the confines of the pride she would withstand such rude treatment to others, but not here, to one so beat down. It was beyond unfair. "Oh, no, we are far away from the Antianeria. You're safely away from most prides."

"Tsubaki, we should get leaving now, don't you think? It's getting darker and we're too exposed." Meaning her patience had run out.

Tsubaki looked back at the leopon and in a moment of rare back bone nodded her head. "Yes, I agree, but...would you like to come with us? At least until you're well again, or know where you are."

Cornetified
Late a** tag. 8'D

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm
Ears perking, Zurione couldn't help a low growl. "My. Mother. Didn't. Ditch me." Of all the nerve! Princess or not, that was just- just-! She huffed heavily, and got herself under control. After all, they had brought her a meal when she'd been hungry. "I lost my way. She would never do such a thing."

She looked to Tsubaki, and gave the female a small smile. Of all the opposite... "I don't wish to burden you a moment longer than necessary. I'll head back home once I'm sure of where I am. Thank you." She stood and stretched her legs to wake up fully, waiting for the two lionesses to lead the way.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:32 pm
"Why wouldn't she, when you're such a scrappy little-?" Kyria was getting closer to Zurione's face with her growling, snappish attitude until Tsubaki intervened. She placed a paw before Kyria, cutting her off before things got worse, which only infuriated the bratty Princess. "Best to realize when you're ditched early on. That way you aren't hurt."

Snubbing her nose to the pair of them once again she turned her back to them and sat a little ways away. Damn that Tsubaki! They wouldn't have to be in situations like this if she would just do like she told her too.

"You aren't a burden, Zurione. A little bit of fresh company now and then is never a burden." Rather, it kept her sane around Kyria, which was a blessing. She walked past Zurione to prod Kyria, giving her a small smile that got her to her feet.

Although she wasn't sure what help they could be to her, Tsubaki was sure this would start a happier chapter of this chapter, and maybe give her adventure a new sort of pep.

((Fin))

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas