Judge Thy Harsh {MATOPE: Hibiscus Prompts}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:42 pm
(Note: I did not participate in the game. This is solely for the roleplay requirement on the path to Legendary.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As Never Idle surveys the collection laid out at the feet of participating kin, his eyes narrowed, his expression is unreadable. At this point, he's looking to see what you brought, and what makes it special.

A flock of feathers -- or perhaps birds -- seem to mingle on the end of a long green stem. It is only because the miniature cranes, herons -- stork maybe -- do not move at all, save for the ruffling from the breeze, that it becomes clear it is not animal but indeed plant.

Never Idle nods as he looks over the goodies, his eyes narrowed and expression thoughtful. He makes eye contact with all the kin, and those whose offerings he thinks are good enough remain. The others are sent home, tails between their legs.

Now, though, he wants more information. His mouth shifts as he considers. "Alright, then. Tell me where this came from. The plains? the swamp? Trees, mud, water? What is its source?"

"I-it was in the swamp, where the water has washed away soil until it is sand. It was hiding in the shade of the mangroves," his voice stumbles at first but grows more steady as his words continue. Still when the words dry up he swallows thickly.

They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him humm.

"How did you get it, then? And how did you bring it here?"

"My turtle," he starts -- as if to punctuate to the statement, a blue tortoise walks into the back of the buck's left leg -- showing only resignation when the reptile interrupts him. "My turtle cut it down after I pulled it from the ground. I carried it on my back most of the way." The stem has now become draped over his neck and the flowers seem to bloom from his chest.

"It sounds like that took some work…" his eyes narrowed as he said it, head tipped to the side and expression thoughtful. It took thought and, yes, a bit of daring. Or trouble. Or strength. They show difference.

"So, answer me this. If your plant were a kin, which species would it be? Acha? Totoma? Kimeti? Why?"

"An acha; they seem delicate," he seems embarrassed by the answer but he remembers dancing acha. They were so like birds.

"That was a really stupid question." It comes with a snicker, with his eyes narrowed and his tail swishing -- and as he says it, the Stag shape of Never Idle melts down into a more nimble mongoose, hopping in closer to touch the plant.

"I can't believe you answered it. Try this one instead -- if I were to make an accessory or talisman out of this, what would you ask for? What would you suggest?"

He flushes -- if his fur was not so vivid, the reddened skin was be easy to see. (As he is red, he likely seems eternally flustered.) "Ah, oh, a neck--um." The snicker has brought back the stutter and stumble. "I don't know." He deflates a little at that.

It's down to five of them, now. Five plants remain. Five he looks over.

"I might just do that. With the winner. If they're lucky." A mongoose grinning is an intimidating sight, but at least it melts away quickly. He circles the objects that remain, mouth pressed into a line instead, and thinks about what he'd make.

"If you could give this plant to someone, who would it be? A friend, an enemy? Why?"

A hammer in his chest makes him smile. "Wolf Parade; she's..." The doe is many things, including the mother of the only children he has fathered (ever might, he thinks). "Everything." And of that, he has no shame.

"Well. It is down to you, now. Just those who remain. So tell me: why do you deserve to win? What sets you, personally, apart from the others?"

He avoids the question. "I found a flower that resembles cranes and that is the Motherfather's favored form, isn't it?" He sounds hopeful, if meek. He has no want to say that what sets him personally apart is that he's a coward. (He's trying to change but it's a long road.)

"Uh huh. Except, there's still many of you here -- and so, it's not just about you winning, but them LOSING. Why do you think the kin around you deserve to LOSE?"

He doesn't know how to answer that question. He really doesn't. "They don't. But, maybe I don't more." If that makes any sense.

"Yeah, fine, calm down." He gestures with one paw as he says it, in a way that's comical and not at all dignified or legendary, and then eases back into his Stag form -- looking down at them and tilting his head.

"In truth, these are all offerings to Matope. What would you ask for, with yours?"

It's the easy question and yet it's hardest to say. "C-cour-" he swallows and then puffs out his chest, straightens his shoulders, holds his head eye. "Courage. I would ask for courage."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:43 pm

As Never Idle surveys the collection laid out at the feet of participating kin, his eyes narrowed, his expression is unreadable. At this point, he's looking to see what you brought, and what makes it special.

Green stems thread through her hair, small purple blossoms seem to bloom on top of her head -- she still isn't sure how Takeback had managed it. (She's never quite sure how her sister manages anything at all, really.) As it is, she stands before Never Idle with her lavender flowers and waits.

Never Idle nods as he looks over the goodies, his eyes narrowed and expression thoughtful. He makes eye contact with all the kin, and those whose offerings he thinks are good enough remain. The others are sent home, tails between their legs.

Now, though, he wants more information. His mouth shifts as he considers. "Alright, then. Tell me where this came from. The plains? the swamp? Trees, mud, water? What is its source?"

"I found it in the tall grasses where the ground is more sand than dirt," she tells him, voice sweet and earnest. It had been accidental but it had smelled so lovely she had decided to take it with her.

They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him humm.

"The ones that were bent, I bit through. My sister managed to put them in my hair, somehow," she explains. She had been careful not to cut the ones still standing tall. "It was a trial to avoid having them pulled free," she admits.

"It sounds like that took some work…" his eyes narrowed as he said it, head tipped to the side and expression thoughtful. It took thought and, yes, a bit of daring. Or trouble. Or strength. They show difference.

"So, answer me this. If your plant were a kin, which species would it be? Acha? Totoma? Kimeti? Why?"

She doesn't think that makes much sense. It seems like it would be rude to point it out and so she answers. "A kiokote; they like the plains and tall grasses."

"That was a really stupid question." It comes with a snicker, with his eyes narrowed and his tail swishing -- and as he says it, the Stag shape of Never Idle melts down into a more nimble mongoose, hopping in closer to touch the plant.

"I can't believe you answered it. Try this one instead -- if I were to make an accessory or talisman out of this, what would you ask for? What would you suggest?"

"It would have been rude not to," she retorts -- her voice is still honey but there is a narrow glare in her eye. "A crown," is all the answer she gives.

"I might just do that. With the winner. If they're lucky." A mongoose grinning is an intimidating sight, but at least it melts away quickly. He circles the objects that remain, mouth pressed into a line instead, and thinks about what he'd make.

"If you could give this plant to someone, who would it be? A friend, an enemy? Why?"

"I would give it to my sister. She's done so much for me, I'd like to do more for her."

"Well. It is down to you, now. Just those who remain. So tell me: why do you deserve to win? What sets you, personally, apart from the others?"

That -- what a tricky question. She frowns. "You know, I have yet to meet anyone as helpful as I. They say I'm naive but I'm only kind."

"Uh huh. Except, there's still many of you here -- and so, it's not just about you winning, but them LOSING. Why do you think the kin around you deserve to LOSE?"

"I don't think they do." Anyone might think her simply polite but it's clear by a mere look that she's being honest. Indeed she looks baffled that anyone thinks another kin should lose.

"Yeah, fine, calm down." He gestures with one paw as he says it, in a way that's comical and not at all dignified or legendary, and then eases back into his Stag form -- looking down at them and tilting his head.

"In truth, these are all offerings to Matope. What would you ask for, with yours?"

"Only that I can continue to help others," she whispers. It's her entire existence, really. To help. Even if others don't seem able to understand it.

anemosagkelos

Captain

anemosagkelos

Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Travels in Circles stands with a long green stem in his mouth. The flower petals are dark with long skimming -- he can only think of them as tails or tongues -- that dust the ground. There are small rosebud like blooms -- he thinks they look like pots that carry dark seeds. It's a strange flower to be sure.

He finds the trail of questions a bit confusing. "A seed, I would think. Flowers grow from seeds in the ground." Simple, lucid.

They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him hum.

"With my teeth. I carried it." His attention seems to waver and he moves his jaw to readjust the flower's stem. "I suppose I can put it down now." It is a gentle movement as he rests it on the ground, flower between his hooves so as to protect it.

This question appeals to him and he shakes his head at each thought. "None of those. It looks like those flying creatures that some Zikwa have. It must be one of those then." He frowns, lowers his head and in a soft voice, "I didn't know you were a Zikwa when I picked you. I hope it didn't hurt."

He frowns. It hadn't been a stupid question. It had made more sense to him than this one. "Anything I wouldn't have to hold in my mouth. Something I could drape around my neck?" It's more a question than an answer.

"My mother. She might like it," he muses and then tilts his head. "Perhaps it'd make up for my daftness!" His smile clearly shows how much such a comment bothers him.

Travels in Circles looks from himself to the others. They all have offerings as well. "My hooves, though what that has to do with winning..."

"Every kin should lose at least once," he replies. "I find the best things when I'm lost. I found this flower after all." He practically preens.

"Wings. I'd like to fly," his voice is dreamy. He doesn't know if that's possible but he never hurts to ask.

Elvenwood Hall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games