Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 pm
User Image

Galious took a few steps back and shook his head trying to get his mane to sit properly again. He hated it when he got a itch between his antlers and there was nothing to do but rub against a tree. He always got something unsavory in his mane and while not an overly vane creature it did annoy him to look less than tidy. You never knew who you could run into and if he was going to claim dominion over this little slice of forest, he thought he should look the part of a little lord.

He sighed and headed towards the stream that ran through his section of forest to check the top of his head for bark and to get a drink. He'd been "patrolling" all morning and could use a break. It was also a good place to tell if anyone had been through his territory. Everyone always migrated towards the water.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:47 am
User Image

Long plum colored curls bobbed in time to the little goddesses' movements as she meandered her way through the trees, her light footsteps barely breaking through the layer of leaves and other natural debris that had accumulated on the forest floor.

The sound of water met her ears and she sped her steps until she reached the bank of a small stream. Ceres knelt and drank with considerable relief, closing her eyes with pleasure as the cool water soothed the thirst burning in her throat. It felt strange to have to seek rivers and streams throughout the day, normally she was only a mater or minutes from an unlimited supply. Yet another unfamiliar thing to add to her tally, she had no idea where she was going or what she was going to do. Her home and her purpose had been stolen from her, so the mare simply kept moving, hoping to find somewhere safe to take refuge while she searched for some way to reclaim her valley.

Lady Argentum Draconis
Woo, tag ;D

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am
Galious' ears twitched as he approached the stream. It was only a subtle difference in the noise, but he could definitely hear someone drinking. He cautiously slipped into the bushes along his side of the stream and peered through a break in the leaves. If whoever was getting a drink was looking for a snack, the little nymph certainly didn't want to be on the menu.

He took a deep breath in case he did need to run and nearly choked as he saw his visitor was the most enchanting little pixie mare he'd ever seen, although she did seem a little worn and tired to him. He slowly backed out of the bushes, not wanting her to think he was spying on her for some undesirable reason, and made sure he didn't have any leaves and twigs stuck to his braid. Satisfied he slowly moved out into the open and politely cleared his throat not wanting to startle the mare. "Good day to you, mi'lady." he said with a nod of his head and a smile. "I hope you will not mind me joining you for a drink."

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 am

Her round violet eyes flicked up to catch those of the stranger then shifted momentarily to trace the rather pleasing lines of his neck, graceful loop of his vivid hair, and the strong curve of his golden antlers. She was not unfamiliar with meeting unknown wanderers so the strange surge of bashfulness the washed over her was somewhat baffling to the small mare.

"Good morning," she replied, her lyrical voice was still soft and sleepy, having only just woken up and started on today's venture a short time ago. Her legs were sore, unaccustomed to traversing as much distance as she had covered in the last few days. She wished she had her healing pool to ease the aching muscles but she'd had to leave it along with the rest. "Of course not, this river belongs to everyone doesn't it?" She glanced around worriedly, she had nothing to offer if there was a guardian of this place, "I hope so, If this river has a goddess I didn't bring a proper gift..." Ceres found this outside realm disquieting, she didn't know the rules!

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:11 pm
"Not that I've ever seen." He answered with a chuckle his own voice a mellow baritone. "If this river has a guardian I suppose I would be it or this section anyway, but I've never asked for anything from anyone who's come to drink, nor do I think I'm a god." he gave her a playful grin. "Least not the last time I checked."

He glanced over her again, she really was very lovely, and her voice only added to that. He tilted his head slightly, "You have such protectors where you're from? I've never heard of anything like that around here, but it sounds like such a place would be lovely. The world would be a better place if there were protectors who kept everything safe." he said with a nod. He looked back at her and frowned slightly. "Are you alright? You seem very tired. I know some good places to rest and get something to eat if you'd like."

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:16 am

She smiled at him a bit shyly, "No one I have ever met has mentioned river gods or goddesses... Or any sorts of guardians outside my vale. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, its just this all seems so strange to me."

A little burst of laughter rang out at his words, "I am such a protector where I came from, but perhaps the term keeper would be more in line with my job description... I was the only one, but that's over now..." Her face darkened as sadness washed over her.

She shook her head to clear it of such thoughts, her earring jingling with the rapid movements and focused once more on the present. "I am tired, but mostly because I've just woken. Still, something to eat would be wonderful!"

"My name is Ceres." she revealed with a little bob of her head, "I'm pleased to meet you."

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 am
He smiled wide at her laughter then sobered when he saw her expression fall. "I'm terribly sorry." he said. "It seems a crime to chase off something's guardian. Especially one as lovely as you. I can't see that you'd ever harm anyone." he wanted to add a little tease in, but decided against it. This wasn't the time, as he could tell the loss was still very fresh, and he didn't want to offend the little pixie.

"And sleeping in an unfamiliar place, you can never feel as rested as when you're at home." He knew that for himself, he had several little hideaways through his territory, but none of them ever felt as right as the one he made his primary home. "Then Lady Ceres allow me to show you somewhere where you can get a little refreshment." he stepped aside allowing her enough room to hop over onto the opposite bank. "As for me I'm Galious, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." he said with a little bow.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Ceres nodded soberly at his words but was unable to conceal the delicate blush that mantled her cheeks at his complement. None had ever been so foreword with her when they came for healing, she wasn't sure how to respond to such things or to the butterflies dancing in her stomach. "There is evil roosting in my home now." she admitted sadly, "I was forced to leave or die, I'm no fighter."

"I have noticed that myself, to be honest.There is truly no place like home.." She smiled at his offer, "Thank you Galious, that would be welcome." She hopped over the stream, her wings fluttering instinctively as if to help her clear the water, she landed lightly and took a smooth step to the side, gazing at him with trusting eyes as she waited for him to lead the way.

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 pm
He swallowed hard at the look in her eyes. It was more than flattering and sent little delightful shivers down his back. "This way, Mi'lady." he said nodding toward the path that led nearly parallel to the river. He'd decided on one of his favorite spots to take Ceres and the path followed the stream for the most part. A welcome fact as the day already looked to be warm one.

He lead her in silence for a little ways before glancing over at her, he colored slightly at watching her walk, her movements were very graceful and he cleared his throat to regain his composure before speaking. "I take it from the word roost that the evil in question is some sort of kalona? If it were something small I would be all for attempting to rout the menace for you, but I'm afraid I'm not much of a match for larger problems. I'd be in much the same position as you if something decided to take over my little domain." he said with a sigh. It was a sad through, losing one's home and he could only imagine how Ceres felt.

He followed the path along a little brook and blinked as the emerged into a water meadow that was the center of Galious' territory. Butterflies flitted among the blooming flowers and a cool breeze ruffled the tall grass surrounding a small pond. he turned bowing Ceres into the clearing. "Please make yourself at home. What's mine is yours."

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am

Ceres followed him without hesitation, admiring the trees and flora around them as they passed. Every so often she would send her power into one of the plants around her to give it a little pick me up, chasing off infection or just urging shy blossoms to unfurl and reveal their inner beauty to the world. Her smile was affectionate, she loved to help plants grow strong and healthy, it was part of her calling.

"A Kalona, from descriptions I've heard of the breed I think so, yes. It was dark when the attack came, I saw wings and teeth and fled for my life. It was so big" She nodded, feeling slightly better at his admission, she'd really had no choice but to leave, she was no match in a fight against one her own size, let alone a creature that was twice as big and much more vicious. "I hope to find help, to chase the beast away and reclaim my home. The valley was meant to be a safe haven for good, not a lair for evil."

She gazed around Galious' home with dancing eyes and smiled at him. "Thank you!" She wandered around the meadow, there were enough similarities that she truly did feel at home here. The grass was sweet and she gratefully ate her fill and took another drink at the pond before returning to Galious' side.

"You're so kind to me, a stranger in your home. I can never thank you enough. I've never left my valley before, I had all I could ever need to sustain me and it was beautiful, why would I need to leave? Now that I'm out here I feel... vulnerable. I don't know the land or the plants, or where it is safe. But perhaps I will learn some new things while I search for aid, see other beautiful places, meet interesting new people." She smiled at him when she spoke the last. "Tell me about yourself Galious, have you always lived in this lovely meadow?"

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:55 pm
Galious frowned. He definitely was no match against a Kalona. "I've never personally seen one either, but from what you say, and what I've heard from others, that must be it." he nodded at her want to find help and sighed. "I'm afraid I don't know of anyone off hand that would be willing to fight a Kalona. Then again I rarely speak to those that cross my territory. I'm more likely to watch and make sure they aren't up to mischief."

Galious smiled back at her, his heart skipping a beat at her smile, as she moved off to look around the meadow. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed that a little flowering plant that lined the path and had been droopy for the last week had perked up quite suddenly. He tilted his head and moved to investigate and was quite surprised to see the little purple flowers looking so healthy. He wondered what could have caused such a thing and looked over towards Ceres and was even more astonished to find that every blooming thing around her looked happier and healthier than it had in...well the entire time he'd lived here. The little mare truly was amazing.

He watched her come back towards him and shook his head. "You don't need to thank me. It was a pleasure and an honor to help you." he took a deep breath and puffed up slightly feeling every inch the valiant knight. "As long as you're in my domain, I will keep you safe and answer any questions you ask." he said before coloring slightly. "Myself? If that's what you wish." he paused for a moment and collected his thoughts. "No, I wandered quite a bit before accidentally stumbling across this meadow one day. I have to admit I fell in love with it almost immediately, there was sweet grass, water, beautiful flowers and just off the beaten path to keep unwanted visitors away. Not to mention a perfect thicket for making a comfortable nest for myself. After I decided to settle here, I traveled half a day out and would then circle back carving out my little domain. It makes a rather lopsided oval shape with this meadow in the rough center. As for family, my mother died many years ago, and I never knew my father very well." he shrugged and looked over at her. "What about you?"

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 am
Ceres smiled in gentle understanding, "I should have been as wary as you, found some sort of defense. My search will have to continue then, Hopefully I will be able to find someone able to flush out this evil."

Her heart warmed at his brave words, "I can see why. Its beautiful, and clear to me you love this place. I lived in little cup of a valley, nestled in the mountains." She couldn't see the range from where they were, that made her sad, and a new fear began to creep across her mind, what if she could never find her way home? The valley had been made to be hard to find, and she had never had to approach it from the outside before. "I'm sorry about your family, Galious. I never had one, at least I can't remember them. I feel as though I have always lived in that valley. I can't even remember being a foal." She gazed at the grass between her hooves with a troubled expression, it always made her uneasy to try and drag up the past and find nothing there. "I am the guardian of the goddess pond, its waters are healing. The valley of the goddess surrounds it. I can't remember who set me the task though, I have simply always been with it, and known that it is my task to protect it. Over time visitors started calling me goddess, after the valley and the pond I suppose. And many had never seen powers like mine before, so they assumed I was some sort of diety." She laughed, "Maybe I am, one theory is as good as the next I suppose."

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 am
"Sometimes there is no defense against evil. It will always find a way, although I do believe that in the end good will always triumph. It may just take awhile." he said with a reassuring smile. Deep down though the thought of Ceres leaving bothered him slightly. He was becoming very fond of the little mare and didn't want to see here go. There were so many dangers out there and she was all alone in a strange land. On the other hoof he knew she had to go...she had to get her home back. He knew that if he were in her position he wouldn't rest until he'd gotten his home back.

He listened to her talk about her home and smiled. It sounded lovely, tucked away, safe, well...it should have been safe. Curse that fiend for ruining such a spot. Even having never seen the place, Galious felt like he'd like it, but then he was fond of secluded spots where one could think. He frowned slightly in concern that she couldn't remember her past. A blessing and a curse at the same time perhaps? Galious knew there were things he wished he could forget about his foalhood, but at the same time there were good memories too that he'd always treasure. "Seems a shame you can't remember your past. I know there are things I wish I could forget, but at the same time they've made me who I am today..." he paused before going on. "Even if you can't remember though, I think that whoever set you the task knew that no matter what had happened to you previously you have a kind and beautiful soul, and perhaps that's all that matters, not what came before." He gave her a playful smirk. "I will admit that if I were you, I'd be dying to know about what came before I was my current self."

He then took a deep breath. "I'm sorry you have no family to love or miss." he said honestly. "But on the up side you have the option of making one for yourself, and you get to choose who gets to be a part of it. I'm sure even goddesses, if that's what you are, are allowed to have loved ones." he said with a chuckle. "The rest of us just deal with what we were born into, for better or for worse."

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:07 pm
"I hope you're right." She replied sadly, "I don't want to harm the creature, I just need someone strong or fierce enough to drive it away... I'm not sure where to look to be perfectly frank, I've been wandering for days and encountered no one aside from you in these forests. I never quite realized how big everything is out here."

"Perhaps I will be able to show it to you someday," her eyes danced, "Its alright, it can be unnerving at times, not knowing where you came from, but perhaps its for the best. It used to bother me a lot, when I first woke up, but I've grown used to it over the years..."

She gazed at him thoughtfully for a few moments, swishing her tail idly as she considered his words. "I never thought of it that way, I suppose I've grown used to a life of seclusion, I never thought I'd have the opportunity to have a family, but you're right. There are no rules against it, at least as far as I know.... Do you have children Galious?" she inquired with a jingling tilt of her head.

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:46 pm
Galious nodded. "I don't wish harm on anyone else either, unless they truly deserved it." he paused and thought for moment. "I think you'd need a group of individuals really. Most evil creatures are cowards and will back down against a united front of those willing to fight." he motioned back towards where they'd come from earlier. "You might have better luck on the plains." he said. "Although if you think it's big in here, it's even bigger out there. It can be a bit scary though...there's no where to hide really."

He smiled softly at her. "I'd love to see it." he said. "Seems a hard thing to adjust too, you must be a strong person for such a thing not to bother you so much anymore."

Galious coughed and blushed slightly. "No, but I would like them someday." he twitched his short tail and regained his composure. "I'm waiting until I find the right mare. Someone to be by my side, she my lady and I her knight. I would want our foals to be raised in a proper family, where they know that both their parents love them every much." he said unabashed. "A little old fashioned perhaps, but nothing wrong with some old fashioned modes of thought." he said glancing over towards her.

Faithofthefallen

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces